Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Dongicus posted:

Incorrect, we need at least 4 megathreads where in we argue endlessly over if DSP is an artform or not.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > THIS MEGATHREAD IS BUGGED, SO loving CHEAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mighty Dicktron posted:

There really shouldn't. Mock threads have never actually been a good idea and will only descend into a ruin of shitposting and ironic "fans".

Yeah, I agree with this. DSP is a special snowflake and is always reliable as a source of entertainment, but a thread dedicated to him would just be posting the "DSP Tries It" videos and talking about if he's an act or just really, really incompetent to the point where he doesn't believe he can work a real job and that the state of Connecticut is the reason he can't make enough money to move or get surgery instead of the fact that he plays video games for a living and has no insurance.

I kind of hope he had a bunch of money in Bitcoins just to see that reaction.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

There really shouldn't. Mock threads have never actually been a good idea and will only descend into a ruin of shitposting and ironic "fans".

This thread is already basically the DSP mock thread. I wouldn't mind having a separate one for talking about him, since frankly it's gotten annoying having 80% of this thread made up of the same complaints about him, where there's other off-site stuff to talk about.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Lazyfire posted:

I kind of hope he had a bunch of money in Bitcoins just to see that reaction.

"MT GOX IS BUGGED, THESE BITCOINS ARE SO CHEAP NOW *switches chat to sub only*"

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
If it's unfunny just gas it. What's the problem?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Please don't fill the GBS Gasmine with horrible threads.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Rename gas chamber to Doobies Dog House.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
This thread phases from other lpers to dsp being a chode pretty frequently. Another thread is kinda unnecessary.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
I just don't see what a DSP thread would consist of. Just about any time he's brought up, it's established that he's:

-An rear end in a top hat
-Horrifyingly ignorant
-Really bad at video games

I mean, he keeps finding new ways to be all three of those things, but I can't help but think that drum would start to break after people beat on it for long enough.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Post it on GBS and let it evolve into a general thread mocking lovely LPers, like how the CAD thread evolved into lovely webcomics in general. It'll help clear this thread up a bit and put DSP bashing in a more appropriate place.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
They're is already an lp thread in gbs.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Livingtrope posted:

They're is already an lp thread in gbs.

Its poo poo though

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

IceAgeComing posted:

GBS is poo poo though

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Everything is poo poo, when you think about it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

Its poo poo though

It's. Your point?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
GBS is so poo poo!

*posts in something awful dot com*

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Livingtrope posted:

It's. Your point?

Are you absolutely sure you don't mean "You're point?" They're will be a quiz later.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
GBS is poo poo alright. General Bull poo poo! hahahaha

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Dongicus posted:

GBS is so poo poo!

*posts in something awful dot com*

It's called being self-aware

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

slowbeef posted:

Should there be a DSP thread? I'm worried about it going the way of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete thread where people go nuts, but...

Sometimes you need a separate thread to contain the anger so that real discussion threads don't devolve into DSP/CTRL+ALT+DEL chat, so maybe make a genuine retsupurae thread somewhere.

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

NeilPerry posted:

Sometimes you need a separate thread to contain the anger so that real discussion threads don't devolve into DSP/CTRL+ALT+DEL chat, so maybe make a genuine retsupurae thread somewhere.

It's in GBS.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Jesus, I didn't know that. Thanks.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Yyyyyyyoink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnM918nY8Q

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

You can tell this guy is approaching LP as a comedy routine.

His routine just isn't very good.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Ugh, gently caress you for actually giving me a reason to sit through 10 minutes of mr. parrots-are-not-actual-birds. :saddowns:

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

I struggled to keep watching beyond the 2-minute mark. The Ceaseless Discharge joke kept me going, though.

I don't understand it. How can anyone make a video that lasts longer than a minute about Flappy Bird? That's literally how much depth it has.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

RSCNyx posted:

I struggled to keep watching beyond the 2-minute mark. The Ceaseless Discharge joke kept me going, though.

I don't understand it. How can anyone make a video that lasts longer than a minute about Flappy Bird? That's literally how much depth it has.

Its basically the equivalent of a "reaction image" thread if you've ever been to image boards: You load it up to see the silly reactions and laugh at the funny faces because you're loving FIVE.

This video is the epitome of "trying too hard" in terms of LPs, this guy never sat down and realized "I bought a stupid suit and talked about poop to entertain some faceless goob on the net." He has no self-awareness anymore, he's now a servant to the viewers.

Mazo Panku
Nov 30, 2013

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

slowbeef posted:

Yyyyyyyoink.

So you've more or less RPed all the Creatures now. Great work, gents! You deserve a trophy for all your hard work, but all we have are stale donuts.

These guys are always pretty hit-or-miss with me. Since they do big LPs of new games there are many, many, many misses, but hey, they do have a ton of fans so good on 'em.

Two side-notes: one, Nova did a stream of the latest Donkey Kong game in a Donkey Kong suit so I guess that's his schtick now. Two, like most things, his work is best truncated and animated

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.

That video made me terrified that he LP'ed Mother 3, what I'd consider to be my favorite game. Then I realized it was some weird 3D fan game or something where you play as Pigmask soldiers and was immensely relieved.

I didn't bother watching it.

Also, thanks to this thread, my "What to watch" section on my Youtube home page is all kinds of hosed up. Thanks, guys.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of those guys, whatever happened to Seamus (SSoHPKC) being a guest on Retsutalk?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Wiseblood posted:

Speaking of those guys, whatever happened to Seamus (SSoHPKC) being a guest on Retsutalk?

I kinda lost track of that. Lemme hit him up again.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

I really don't get LP fanbases.

Even when the LPer comes out and says, "Hey, I think it's fine if people wanna criticize/poke fun at me" (SSo...whateverthefuck even went so far as to make a YouTube video about how he considered it an 'honor' to be RP'd), their fans are still all-too-quick to attack and shout-down anyone who objects them.

Granted, I'm not only referring to the fans of LPers: Even Retsupurae's fans have been guilty of this, as well.

I guess it could be applied to fans of everything, but it seems to get really bad over LP, for the most trivial of reasons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, looking at your post history, you only post in LP, so it makes sense that you think it's somehow worse for LPs then other things. In case you're wondering, it's not.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

Livingtrope posted:

Well, looking at your post history, you only post in LP, so it makes sense that you think it's somehow worse for LPs then other things. In case you're wondering, it's not.

That's a fair point. I really should of just said fanbases of just about everything are pretty insufferable.

I think I focused on LP just because people go out and say, "Look, people made fun of/criticized my video, it's fine. You don't need to go over and start causing trouble." Yet people come, in droves, to defend something that doesn't need defending.

While people do that for just about everything else, usually they're not urged to restrain themselves by the owner of whatever it is they're defending. That's what confuses me about it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

slowbeef posted:

I kinda lost track of that. Lemme hit him up again.

More importantly when I'm am i going to be a guest

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

slowbeef posted:

Yyyyyyyoink.

I have never had ten minutes pass so slowly in all my life.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

RSCNyx posted:

Even when the LPer comes out and says, "Hey, I think it's fine if people wanna criticize/poke fun at me" (SSo...whateverthefuck even went so far as to make a YouTube video about how he considered it an 'honor' to be RP'd), their fans are still all-too-quick to attack and shout-down anyone who objects them.

The way I see it is that when a fan sees their favorite LPer get RP'd, they kinda feel as though the riffs directed at the LPer are also directed at the them as well for liking that LPer; kinda like being riffed on by association or something. Which makes them feel like what they enjoy is stupid and dumb and they should feel stupid and dumb for liking Nova/ImmortalHD/PDP/etc. and then they get angry and start defending their favorite LPer because they don't want to feel like they're wrong. (Even when said LPer said they're okay with being RP'd.)

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The insane youtube retsupurae fans are dumb - the ones who send disturbing messages to people who's only crime is making bad internet videos. Hell, I'm sure that slowbeef mentioned in a podcast somewhere that QueenieZ, or one of the 2008 people, was still getting death threats from a RP that was made 6 years ago!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

IceAgeComing posted:

The insane youtube retsupurae fans are dumb - the ones who send disturbing messages to people who's only crime is making bad internet videos. Hell, I'm sure that slowbeef mentioned in a podcast somewhere that QueenieZ, or one of the 2008 people, was still getting death threats from a RP that was made 6 years ago!

If they do that then Slowbeef will think they're really cool and be they're friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Boxturret posted:

If they do that then Slowbeef will think they're really cool and be they're friend.

"I know slowbeef specifically told us not to go harassing the people he RPs, but he obviously didn't mean it and was using reverse psychology or something! I totally heard him wink at me personally! If I track them down and tell them to kill themselves, I'll be his hero and he'll love me forever!"

Oh, stalker logic. Some things never change, even on the internet.

• Locked thread