Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Acrolos posted:

I like the idea of showing a new episode every day, leading to that months PPV once a month. It would be fun to just start from the beginning.

This is a good idea. I would tweak it a little and show it at the same time everyday, probably 9 AM EST, also a replay at 3 AM to fill an extra hour of time. I would just start with the first Raw, show all of those in order, up to and including the PPV, and then continue on, include SD in the lineup when it begins. This is cheap- no new production needed- and allows any new viewer to jump in anywhere and keep watching the 'series' going forward. Start over at the beginning when you catch up to current WWE. You can do the same thing for WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should keep the schedule the same; Raw on Monday Smackdown on Thursday Heat on Sunday and then alternate WCW and WWF week by week. Just throw Hardcore TV / ECW on TNN on Fridays like they were anyways

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
OK I figured out the skipping on the Apple TV. Unfortunately, I don't believe it picks up the chapter markers WWE put on the videos. Looks like it skips an interval depending on how long the program is. For anyone wondering, you hold down the 'down' button of the remote, and hit left or right through the timeline to skip.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

emjayo posted:

Is there thought to replacing the scratch logo with the Network version eventually? Can't be many brand managers out there who would consent to having three logo variations for one company, including that horrendous old-school WWE one.

They've been gradual about it in the past (except of course, when they had to change it for legal reasons)- in WM14 you can see both the scratch logo and the slanted "New Generation" era logo in various places.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nut Bunnies posted:

Yes, that's how it used to be. Plenty of Superstars, Wrestling Challenges and SNMEs where you hear the crowd going wild but see everyone sitting still

WCW was famous for adding Goldberg chants to everything and then panning over a silent crowd, even when Goldberg was ridiculously over.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luigi Thirty posted:

WCW was famous for adding Goldberg chants to everything and then panning over a silent crowd, even when Goldberg was ridiculously over.
At Souled Out 1999 they had to mute the fans because we chanted Goldberg all night and wouldn't shut the gently caress up.

I was there :eng101:

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Watched Bash at the Beach '98 near flawlessly. God bless the WWE Network, and whatever witchcraft it had to undertake to fix its VOD overnight.

Because now I have Karl Malone doing awkward bodyslams whenever I want. Surely, I am the most niche.

Which PPV is the one with the cruiserweight battle royal where Jericho introduces all the people in it, one by one? That's the most hilarious thing to me.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NoMoneyDown posted:

Watched Bash at the Beach '98 near flawlessly. God bless the WWE Network, and whatever witchcraft it had to undertake to fix its VOD overnight.

Because now I have Karl Malone doing awkward bodyslams whenever I want. Surely, I am the most niche.

Which PPV is the one with the cruiserweight battle royal where Jericho introduces all the people in it, one by one? That's the most hilarious thing to me.

Slamboree 98 I think.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NoMoneyDown posted:

Slamboree 1998 which is also home to one of WCW's loudest pops because of the Malenko/Jericho match.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

Slamboree 1998 which is also home to one of WCW's loudest pops because of the Malenko/Jericho match.

go to like 34:00 for the battle royale.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Slamboree 1998 is the best WCW pay per view ever. That DDP v. Raven cage match is amazing.

Wish my VOD would work! Trying a different browser now...

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
The Chi-Town rumble 89 is amazing.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

I'm pretty sure Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard from Starcade '85 might be the greatest representation of abject hatred between two people in a wrestling match. Watch that poo poo, y'all.

Archbishop Karaoke fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 28, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Archbishop Karaoke posted:

I'm pretty sure Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard from Starcade '85 might be the greatest representation of abject hatred between two people in a wrestling match. Watch that poo poo, y'all.

Seriously, it's just two dudes WHALING on each other for 15 minutes straight, but it's loving magnificent. Magnum T.A. would have been a loving MEGASTAR.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
I have not looked through the whole thread so I apologize if this has been asked.

I signed up for the free trial and when I try to play any videos I get the parental rating and then it just loads forever with nothing coming up. Any ideas?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

My favorite thing about all of the late 80s/early 90s PPVs are the bags under the wrestlers eyes. So much coke and steroids...

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I just realized how good El Torito is.

Sorry, tought this was the live thread.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

That New Blood Rising US title match sure made Lance Storm look like poo poo.

EDIT: Order WCW New Blood Rising and get a free Vampiro shirt!

ZDar Fan fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 28, 2014

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

VogeGandire posted:

I have the theory that he knew Vince could afford to pay any medical bill Shane could rack up, so Shane was just fearless.

My friends and I always thought it was the mountains of cocaine.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ZDar Fan posted:

That New Blood Rising US title match sure made Lance Storm look like poo poo.

EDIT: Order WCW New Blood Rising and get a free Vampiro shirt!

still waiting on my Hulk Hogan Raft from GAB 2000

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The little "coming up" things are so awkward. Reigns walks on, looks at the thing, and then pushes it off the screen. Then just disappears.

Also, sometimes my PS3 feed will hop backwards like 3 seconds and replay. It turns out it's not just clever editing to get me to watch cool stuff happen over and over.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Michael Corleone posted:

Raw, Smackdown, R, S, R, S, R, S, PPV = ~14 hours after removal of commercials

Nitro, Thunder, N, T, N, T, N, T, PPV

Now, no one would watch this all in a row. But, I would love to be able to start back with the very first RAW! and be able to VOD from their until RR14. Would take probably the whole six months to do this and the same with WCW, starting with the first Nitro.

I do agree the live stream is lame and needs much more variety, but think it will change once the free week is over.

They should let you program your own "network" to watch as a playlist or something.

Last year, I had begun watching streams of the first raw of '96 and got as far as late '99, including pay per views and the creation of Smackdown.
It really does take a long time.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Also, sometimes my PS3 feed will hop backwards like 3 seconds and replay. It turns out it's not just clever editing to get me to watch cool stuff happen over and over.

Mine does this, too. It's put me behind the live thread by a few seconds.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

DannoMack posted:

Mine does this, too. It's put me behind the live thread by a few seconds.

My PS4 did this when I was messing around at lunch, I think it sometimes does this when it jumps between levels of quality.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sky Shadowing posted:

My PS4 did this when I was messing around at lunch, I think it sometimes does this when it jumps between levels of quality.

But it did it during the Lesnar/Taker video package! The quality was high!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I always liked Hunico as Sin Cara personally. Even when that feud over the real Sin Cara first started, he was always better.

e: Hello I am in the completely wrong thread after laughing at people over the past two days for doing the same thing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

I always liked Hunico as Sin Cara personally. Even when that feud over the real Sin Cara first started, he was always better.

e: Hello I am in the completely wrong thread after laughing at people over the past two days for doing the same thing.

it's not helping that they have the same thread tag and the titles start roughly the same way

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I think Royal Rumble 14 is up now. I just saw it there when I was going through the RRs, and I played it to see what would happen, and I skipped to halfway through the Brian/Wyatt match.

e: Oh, I'm on PS4

Hockles fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 28, 2014

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hockles posted:

I think Royal Rumble 14 is up now. I just saw it there when I was going through the RRs, and I played it to see what would happen, and I skipped to halfway through the Brian/Wyatt match.

e: Oh, I'm on PS4

I was just coming here to talk about that. Can't wait for Elimination Chamber to be added. That had some matches I really want to check out.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Von Linus posted:

The Chi-Town rumble 89 is amazing.

Did they keep in the spot where Jim Ross points out NFL player Brad Muster at ringside & completely ignores that Dave Meltzer is sitting right next to him?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yep, here's Rumble 2014: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31392017

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

NoMoneyDown posted:

Jericho at that stage was magnificent. That period of Jericho's career is likely my favorite of all time.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Hogan beats Savage at Wrestlemania V

Jesse: This makes me sick.

Summerslam 89 is also some pro Jesse listening.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Do we have network on 360 yet?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Listen to all the pukesters

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
If it makes you all feel better, this is pretty slow for a ladder match.

Edit: Wrong thread, sorry.

gypsyshred fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 28, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

Man, you're not kidding. I watched the 98 Survivor Series yesterday and man, does that ever reek of Russo. Way to make your world title tournament look legit by having it be a bunch of nothing matches and a swerve at the end in a deliberate attempt to recreate Montreal. As much as I loved the Attitude Era, it really wasn't all that great wrestling wise.

I loved that PPV at the time, because the swerve was telegraphed if you were paying attention. Bossman helped The Rock by "accident" in every round leading to Rock winning at the end when they screwed over Mankind

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
You know, it really sucks that Canada has to wait pretty much another year before myself and others can join in on this discussion.

I feel so left out and lonely :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Justin Godscock posted:

You know, it really sucks that Canada has to wait pretty much another year before myself and others can join in on this discussion.

I feel so left out and lonely :(

Proxy and a fake address will sort you out just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just checked out two of my favorite, clear the ring Rumble moments. Punk from '10, giving promos while he was doing it. And Austin in '97 just for the "gently caress my life" look on his face when Bret comes out.

Man, WWF was a strange place in '97 apparently. Lots of AAA guys around. Guess they had a deal worked out to beef up the mid-card.

Also, '97 had a lot of dump eliminations. Ahmed Johnson is so mad at Farooq that he jumps over the top rope to chase him down. Then one of the masked wrestlers decides to do a flip off the top rope to the outside to knock down some other masked wrestlers. I'm loving this poo poo.