Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Leper Colon V posted:

Thought so.

The rebuttal article in question. TL;DR: "You really think CFC/RUS is gonna hold together forever, you loving boob? EVE players live for civil war."

Yeah it was pretty much accurate. The EVE China server imploded into civil war after having that dreaded "blue donut"

But then autism designed animations like this wouldn't get made :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Glad the TESTies finally got stomped on. What happened to them in the last couple years?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Uba Stij posted:

Yeah it was pretty much accurate. The EVE China server imploded into civil war after having that dreaded "blue donut"

But then autism designed animations like this wouldn't get made :(

Yeah it's funny to dominate all of nullsec, but anybody who thinks that large coalitions will sit idly forever with no true conflict is retarded. When the civil war comes it will be awesome.

Glad the TESTies finally got stomped on. What happened to them in the last couple years?

Their leaders pretty much went insane and they needed to be taken out back and shot.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Yeah it's funny to dominate all of nullsec, but anybody who thinks that large coalitions will sit idly forever with no true conflict is retarded. When the civil war comes it will be awesome.

Their leaders pretty much went insane and they needed to be taken out back and shot.

Which we did with great gusto. Once open season was declared upon TEST every combat squad in GSF immediately moved to their space and commenced making GBS threads on them.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Jesus loving Christ this game is beautiful now! I can't decide if I want to try and build some ISK with the agents or try and hop to Goon territory right away.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A Pair Of Ducks posted:

Jesus loving Christ this game is beautiful now! I can't decide if I want to try and build some ISK with the agents or try and hop to Goon territory right away.

Don't waste time in High Sec. The money is better in null, and frigates are free.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

A Pair Of Ducks posted:

Don't bother with highsec missions, they're boring and the ISK there is nothing compared to what you'll get as a newbie in a free rifter.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Pair Of Ducks posted:

Do pirate faction missions, and once you get a Worm love the changes CCP put out.

http://themittani.com/news/pirate-faction-frigate-rebalancing-detailed

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

They decided to create their own coalition, the HBC. They then tried to get PL to help them in a war against the CFC, and PL flipped them the bird and left. Then, TEST reset the entire HBC, and announced they were going to go it alone.

N3, PL, and GSF all tag-teamed TEST for fun for a few weeks, routinely decimating them in 1-SMEB. At that point, the CFC invaded Fountain while N3 was invading Querious, dropping sov in five systems (four with a station, the fifth we dropped a station in). TEST gave up Querious entirely to N3 to get them to assist TEST in Fountain, and they and N3 counter-attacked the four stations we captured in the sovdrop (all far from the front lines).

TEST's SBU's mysteriously kept disappearing over and over and over and over and over, forcing N3 to do such hilarious things as repair the station they were sieging and then re-reinforce it because the sbus had disappeared and a new ihub had showed up. After a whole lot of this we unfucked the doctrines we had invaded TEST with (which were terrible and based on the assumption nobody would help TEST), secured sov3 in the station we'd dropped (4-e), nearly smashed a slowcat fleet that was saved by CCP accidentally offlining the node (seriously), then helicopterdicked the entire region. Once it was clear TEST would lose they stopped defending anything but called for a ~last stand~ at the 6vdt shield timer (for no apparent reason) and basically the entire galaxy showed up. Unfortunately for TEST, they hadn't noticed we'd killed every tower in the system and replaced it with one of our own, so they didn't have any safe pos. We then got there two hours early with something like seven full fleets of megathrons, and the battle was less a battle than a turkey shoot.

Once we finished taking Querious, vee or laz or someone glanced at Delve with a roaming fleet and test abandoned it in a panic. So we shrugged and moved in, taking that and period basis and parts of Querious. TEST doesn't hold space anymore.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 28, 2014

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
Ok, now that I've actually tried to fit a Rifter, I'm not so enthusiastic about the falloff bonus. It's not enough. It either needs slightly more grid+CPU to have a chance of fitting an RLII with ACs or an LMLII with arty, or it needs to lose the unusable 'utility' highslot for an extra low or mid (I don't even care which, though I think the low would make more sense). There is just no fitting for it that actually works, nor one that properly utilizes the falloff bonus. The tracking bonus is actually flat out better for artillery, not that they're easily fittable.

I'd like to see an example fit that led Rise and co. to decide that all the Rifter needed was a bonus change.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

Once we finished taking Querious, vee or laz or someone glanced at Delve with a roaming fleet and test abandoned it in a panic. So we shrugged and moved in, taking that and period basis and parts of Querious. TEST doesn't hold space anymore.

And then we promptly rented it out.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

rafikki posted:

And then we promptly rented it out.

Every time I fly through Delve I see TEST gangs. Nothing serious though. I can't imagine them trying to hold down sov at all.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gadgethugs posted:

Every time I fly through Delve I see TEST gangs. Nothing serious though. I can't imagine them trying to hold down sov at all.

Their new gimmick last I heard is they're the mafia and they're extorting PBLRD renters for protection money. No that wasn't a joke.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Mittens announced squad deployments to Delve.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Mittens announced squad deployments to Delve.

Its happening. We are now deploying to protect our renters. :barf:

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

darth cookie posted:

Its happening. We are now deploying to protect our renters. :barf:

No thats why test moved out of Delve. 2 squads deployed down there to gently caress with them they took it as an invasion and hosed off to lowsec.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

padijun posted:

Their new gimmick last I heard is they're the mafia and they're extorting PBLRD renters for protection money. No that wasn't a joke.

A corp mate of mine used to do that. The big difference is his protection racket used 3 accounts and made 4 times as much as all of TEST.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Sprawl posted:

No thats why test moved out of Delve. 2 squads deployed down there to gently caress with them they took it as an invasion and hosed off to lowsec.

European Goonion and Space Violence deployed to Delve to have some gudfites and TEST promptly shat their pants and hosed off to lowsec.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

padijun posted:

I'm going to take a guess that the renters are winning, and probably not paying them anything?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Uba Stij posted:

The tears on EN24 over a CSM candidate, Jayne Fillion, using an alt to deceive people into wardecing one of his rivals is great. I'd do a trimming of the good parts, but to me its mostly all good stuff.

http://evenews24.com/2014/02/26/seraph-ix-basarab-csm-causality-as-you-sow-so-shall-you-reap/

Also he made a bitch post on EVE-O about it, but then claimed it was more general for CSM candidates, which got locked pretty quickly. So he went into the CSM thread by Jayne for candidacy to complain more and ISD purged posts from there, thus making it an ISD coverup.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4275236#post4275236&_ga=1.211794588.883233358.1390923150

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=322514

Between this and Star Citizen's sperglord forums, I think my brain is ready to fry.

The way he went about this was pretty awesome and quite within the rules, this extra helping of tears must just make it all the sweeter for him.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

padijun posted:

They've gotten dumpstered by said renters a couple of times, I think.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Huge_Midget posted:

European Goonion and Space Violence deployed to Delve to have some gudfites and TEST promptly shat their pants and hosed off to lowsec.

You guys forgot the part where they tried to come back to nullsec (as a strong alliance that didn't need no coalition) and lived in Curse for a while where they were terrorized by former TEST FC DingoGS and the members of Freedom Squad before falling back to lowsec FW.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Man, wish I'd been there to poo poo on them, too.

If I did rejoin, what kinds of fleet ops would be happening most of the time? Is there hostile space to gently caress around in, or would we just be poking at poo poo in low-sec until something exploded us?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Plenty of stuff going on right now. We're doing some ~housecleaning~ so most of the fights are right outside our front door in Deklein, and Space Violence is deployed to parts unknown, so you can enjoy hotdropping on renters in pretty much whatever you want.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

If you lived in Deklein, there are roaming gangs of Triumverate., Black Legion, and Mordus Angels daily. Fleets vary widely, from Harpyfleet to battlecruisers to interceptors to counter them. That's on top of the normal wormhole and individual jerks who roam including a guy who used to be in Valar Morg-something, used to rat in Dek and get saved almost daily from roamers by JU- Fleet. He's now afking and trying to kill the same people who used to save him! We didn't even get to try and drank his JF either.

So you don't really need to go anywhere to get fights if you live near VFK.

Never leave JU-. Not even once.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

At the moment we are spending most of our time back on the western side of the map evicting all the dirty plebs who started nibbling on our goodies while we were murdering N3PL.

I know Space Violence is in Fountain right now. Which means you should be too.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Helping our allies grind structures with armor battlecruisers.

I was going to import Siege Bombers, but then some folks in Theta insisted they wanted to do it; several days later, there are still none on contract in QPO.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Btw Leper Colon, there's nothing wrong with leading a fleet in a ship that you didn't call for. Many FCs lead roams in super tanky stuff like Hictors. On the rare defense fleet I lead, I'll do it in a super-tanked probing Gnosis or a Cheetah if I've got mostly frigates.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't even fly Drakes well. IIRC, I'm just barely into T2 missiles, and was kind of poking occasionally at flying an ECM bird. Maybe a Raven Scorpion? Or a Blackbird or something. I forget. Some big blue-guys Capital ECM thing named after a bird.

VVV: Whoops! :doh:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 28, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

I don't even fly Drakes well. IIRC, I'm just barely into T2 missiles, and was kind of poking occasionally at flying an ECM bird. Maybe a Raven.

The Raven isn't an ECM ship, never has been. You're probably thinking of the Scorpion.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

I don't even fly Drakes well. IIRC, I'm just barely into T2 missiles, and was kind of poking occasionally at flying an ECM bird. Maybe a Raven Scorpion? Or a Blackbird or something. I forget. Some big blue-guys Capital ECM thing named after a bird.

VVV: Whoops! :doh:

ECM isn't really used any more. In fact, we don't use anything Caldari except Harpies and the occasional ferox fleet, though they seem to be on the way out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, ultrafuck.

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD
Having a Blackbird / Falcon (+cyno) in your hangar, kitted and fitted, is never a terrible idea, simply due to the amount of tears they generate when on small gang roams.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Well, ultrafuck.
OK, ignore all those other guys talking about what we currently use or don't use. Because the current state of Goonwaffe is this:

Fly whatever the gently caress you want. Get cash money.

If you have ECM skills, fly a blackbird even though the "official" doctrine ewar is Celectis with Damps. You'll still get reimbursed enough to buy another when you die. The Celestis guys get even more money, but once you have enough for a second ship who really cares? Fly a blaster moa, a RLML bellicose, or any other T1 cruiser you can fit out. Get paid. Bring a drake to totally inappropriate fleets. Get paid.

All the assholes we dislike just ate tens of trillions in losses from the war, and while they're trying to grind back to some sort of fighting capability, we're still rich. We riding bikes son, and right now the bikes have diamond-encrusted seats and gold spinners.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Don't listen to these naysayers. The falcon is the greatest griefboat in the game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolwhoami posted:

The way he went about this was pretty awesome and quite within the rules, this extra helping of tears must just make it all the sweeter for him.

Check out the EVE-Search thread for Jayne's CSM candidacy. It's even better when that same guy did this for his in-game bio

Nope, not bitter of making it personal at all.

cajunspitfire
Feb 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Don't listen to these naysayers. The falcon is the greatest griefboat in the game.

I use a falcon alt anytime I jump my Rorq/Carrier. Especially when jumping to a POS. It makes me feel all warm inside and has saved my ship more than I care to admit.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Falcons own. If you've put too many points into Caldari stuff than you care to admit to (or if you hate yourself and actually do it on purpose) then at least do yourself a favor and get a Falcon.

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007
So my time in High-sec hosed me over with the missions where I am located now, I am at a -3.61 with the faction I want missions with. Is there a way I can pay for standing or am I just going to have to grind out lvl 1 missions for days to get to the -2.0.

Also as an amarr player should I stop training lasers? seems like none of the ship fleet doctrines include lasers.

The PvP in fleets has been a lot of fun so far, I am glad I moved. Just need to get an economy going or keep buying myself plexes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lowkin posted:

So my time in High-sec hosed me over
The PvP in fleets have been a lot of fun so far, I am glad I moved.

Its almost like everyone in this topic predicted this. At least you finally listened.

• Locked thread