Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Red Minjo posted:

Gigi's self-insert now confirmed to be the shield.

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's the Nightmare Knight pulling the rug from under Noisemaster. It's why he just gave up no questions asked.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blackheart posted:

It's the Nightmare Knight pulling the rug from under Noisemaster. It's why he just gave up no questions asked.

Especially since it was he who opened up that hole in the wall for Cuke and Crew.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
It's Mutemaster, loud noises startle him. He wouldn't want a massive sound laser so close to him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Red Minjo posted:

Gigi's self-insert now confirmed to be the shield.

Upon the laser striking the shield, everyone in the Melody Kingdom heard "READ MY WEBCOMIC."

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

New page is up!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-471/
I love the composition of this page so much that I'm shopping for a ring.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Fedora posted:

New page is up!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-471/
I love the composition of this page so much that I'm shopping for a ring.

I saw it first, you hussy.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Superstring posted:

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta?

Normally I'm not a big fan of Wacky Crossovers but now I really want to look at a drawing of The Shield in Dreamside.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

el burbo posted:

I think that it was Mutemaster, since it was a noise cannon and you can see "shhhhhhhh" when it hits the shield.

Edit: though I don't really have much else to go off of

Mutemaster's signature sound is "mmmmmm", not "sshhhhhhh".

Also, Mute would have stopped the sound at the source, not the destination.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Wow, that switch up with the color combinations and Noisemaster's quick turn around. Those are some pages.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Does this mean Cucumber's wand can now become a Dubstep Gun?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

chiefnewo posted:

Does this mean Cucumber's wand can now become a Dubstep Gun?

Like Cucumber needs help to drop things.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

If it really was the Nightmare Knight, why do this? Because the Hero cannot actually ever lose? Everyone must play their part, no deviations or going off the script whatsoever?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This seems appropriate, right :shepface:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanZRU14o_Y

Fully aware of the mood whiplash.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Yes, though it's not Van Halen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cat Mattress posted:

Mutemaster's signature sound is "mmmmmm", not "sshhhhhhh".

Also, Mute would have stopped the sound at the source, not the destination.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-466/

His powers fading away go "ssssshhhhhhh".

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SgtSteel91 posted:

If it really was the Nightmare Knight, why do this? Because the Hero cannot actually ever lose? Everyone must play their part, no deviations or going off the script whatsoever?

I'm guessing, NK isn't actually evil and hates his job, but is powerless to change anything so he just wants to get it all over with.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SgtSteel91 posted:

Perhaps. He clearly has a strange set of goals. He wants to capture the princesses, but he doesn't seem to want to harm anyone. There's clearly something very strange about the Nightmare Knight, and I think his goals don't necessarily line up with what anybody expects of him. After all, his whole schtick is supposed to be that he's a great evil that took over the world, yet he hasn't done much except hang around the castle and occasionally pop in on a Disaster Master to say hi. Not very ambitious world conquering.

Of course the best answer though is, "wait and see" because I'm sure it'll be explained sooner or later...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Traditionally, the final boss gets their world-ending superpowered form for the final boss fight. Otherwise the protagonists would take far to long to actually save the world.

So he's just chilling out. No point in really worrying about it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm still calling Dream Oracle out on this one, what kind of Evil Lord would protect a city?

(Unless one it's one so thoroughly whipped into playing his role, maybe)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Plot twist, Nightmare Knight is only faking being resigned to his fate.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

pandaK posted:

He was faking telling Tomato exactly where he could shove it?

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I'm pretty excited for this development. Up until now there's been a lot of playing with event story tropes but it's mostly been kind of toothless. Despite all the joking around and general silliness chapter 1 pretty much plays out the same way it would in a more straightforward adventure story. But this seems like a much bigger deviation, with the basic narrative starting to fall apart. Something really interesting is coming up I think.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Meowjesty posted:

You know he spent like 100 years coming up with that plan. 100 years. Alone. Thinking of the perfect way to end it all.

And it didn't even work.

Heroes, man. Think they can mess around, maybe take care of some sidequests, roll in here at the last second like it's all cool...

and they're right. :geno:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's really funny what you can do when you have an all powerful deity figure behind you.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
You all know it was Bacon who saved the city, right?
Right?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kikas posted:

You all know it was Bacon who saved the city, right?
Right?

Bacon's our hero :unsmith:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The Goon's hero :swoon:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TwoPair posted:

After all, his whole schtick is supposed to be that he's a great evil that took over the world,
He wants to take over the world, not take over a pile of rubble.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Does he even actually want to take over the world, or is he just obeying the orders of those who summoned him?

I have this idea that Cucumber will break the cycle, after defeating all the Disaster Masters and the Nightmare Knight, by simply summoning them back and telling them to go in peace without attacking people or otherwise causing damage.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Zereth posted:

He wants to take over the world, not take over a pile of rubble.

This seems a lot more viable, but maybe not far enough.

The Nightmare Knight seems to be against harming innocents. He shoo's off Tomato from harassing Parfait, and I could see him not wanting an entire capital and it's inhabitants vaporized. Just causing general destruction and unrest ala Splashmaster is fine. All he did was smash some buny hows. Is there an official death count added to that?

Noisemaster on the other hand is breaking the cycle by pulling the gloves off. He's so sick of this that he is willing to kill to break himself out of the endless grind. He wants to play for keeps, but the Nightmare Knight is unwilling to allow that to happen. He has a weird code or sense of honour, and it does not allow wanton murder.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

life_source posted:

Noisemaster on the other hand is breaking the cycle by pulling the gloves off. He's so sick of this that he is willing to kill to break himself out of the endless grind. He wants to play for keeps, but the Nightmare Knight is unwilling to allow that to happen. He has a weird code or sense of honour, and it does not allow wanton murder.

Gotta keep this comic G-rated.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Greliz/status/439633396919070720/photo/1

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Hey I wonder what fanart is up after the most recent upda-

source

source

NO MY HEART AAAH

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Gigi is getting angry at Professor Layton on twitter and it's great

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Should this be seen as confirmation that it's the Nightmare Knight who blocked Noisemaster's attack?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

pandaK posted:

Cuco absorbing Disaster Masters has me thinking that the other 99 heroes became iterations of Double Nights. The last Hero is still a good enough dude that he just wants to get defeated really quick and leave. He still has to be the Nightmare Knight, but he doesn't have to like it.

Cuco and Almond will break the cycle because two different people have the Disaster Stones and the Dream Sword.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I do enjoy Gigi's Q&A sessions.

"Because Dreamside is a world that runs on wizards..."

I like to think this is actually horribly dark and basically the Matrix only with wizards as the human batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Popo posted:

I like to think this is actually horribly dark and basically the Matrix only with wizards as the human batteries.

:golfclap: This is now my interpretation as well.