Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
I better get oathing for february then: 1 house and 2 rubble pieces (Escenorama, 32mm) and 1 dog (Mantic, 28mm)

The dark line on the building is green stuff, the dog is primed black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I better get oathing for february then: 1 house and 2 rubble pieces (Escenorama, 32mm) and 1 dog (Mantic, 28mm)
Accepted!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 3 Antipode from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman spearmen from Baccus Miniatures :siren:

:siren:Oath Addition:siren: One 6mm scale longhouse and four 6mm scale pit houses, made by me with my own two hands.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath 10 Persian archers from Pendraken miniatures in 10mm.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

krushgroove posted:

:siren: :siren: Tonight at midnight GMT is the deadline for submitting your February oaths! :siren: :siren:

Oh drat, I should have checked the thread sooner. I'll have to get my newest components in for March, I guess...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Parliamentary inquiry: Does the oath deadline also count for oath additions?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

I guess I'm too late to oath addition? Short February caught me out, otherwise I would have oathed them last night before I sprayed them :(

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:gifttank:Judgement! For January!:gifttank:

3rd Place, 1 Point: Mt. ORourke

These guys look great. Great bases, great placement of the grass. The glowing effect of the red works perfectly with the metallics you've got going.

2nd Place, 2 Points: Red Shoe

Great batch of models. Love the purple and green on Gorman here. The gear bases and diamond plating on the Warmachine models are outstanding. Love the overall look you have going with them.

1st Place, 3 Points: Slimnoid

This god drat hydra here is the poo poo. Everything was executed perfectly. The base is amazing, the lava/fire pits are out of this world. The colors work perfectly together, great use of a small palette.

Detektuv's Jurnal Bonus, Lighting,1 Point: JerryLee

I think this turned out great. Nice, subtle application. Fits with the paint job of model as a whole, doesn't look out of place.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Well drat, the stuff I ordered didn't get in until today. No oath this month :(

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C Oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal:
One Stormboy is carrying a certain hammer used by a certain Marvel superhero.

Strike a pose:

To: Administratum of Inquisitor Kreven
Message: Runes found on Charadon after dispersal of Greenskin camp. Preliminary analysis of sample indicates the possible presence of Chaotic artefact. Further translation pending.

Sample start:

Bogrod's Jurnal, day 19 of the Blaktoof campaign

Torug found the hamma in some Ummy temple. All the ummies were screamin about it belonging to some God. Ummies is stupid if they think Gork or Mork would use somethin that weedy. […] We smacked the temple around good an propa to show em[...]

Bogrod's Jurnal, day [...]

Tell u wot, Torug's hamma is propa smashy. Yagak got hit half way across the landin strip. I lost all me teef to [...] was worf every one to see that.

The Kaptin found out about Torug's hamma. He was moanin about the lack of disciplin and the holes all ova the landin strip. So now there is gonna be a contest between the Kaptin and Torug, the loser fills in the holes! But I don't hav no teef!!!!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
It's time for the judges to do their rounds!

1 Point: Iris of Ether

There's OSL, and then there's putting real lights into your model for the actual effect.

2 Points: SRM

While I've been enjoying your old school style marines, your job on them this month was pretty ace. The paint job meeting the stuff like the lens, skin highlights (and HL's in general) really mix the old and new well. Plus there's that awesome mutilator you did this month.

3 Points: Red Shoe

Again, you banged out a ton of different and well done pieces this month. And still you find time to put the unique touches on each one, like this one's water effects and nicely done OSL. Using the theme with glowing vials instead of the standard flaming sources got a thumbs up.

Bonus Point: Schmetterling

The candle glow effects are subtle, but help hammer the lesson that less is more sometimes.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

5 Grave Guard, for which I am claiming Themed Group

And a Flamespyre Phoenix:

I am Claiming Detektuv Jurnul for this as I painted him like this Parrot:

Instead of how GW suggests, which is like this:

You may also notices my phoenix is converted, as I made the phoenix kit I had as a frostheart phoenix, and used the leftover firey bits and combined them with the Island of Blood Griffon Model GW makes so that I was able to make both phoenix models.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:Oath Addition:siren: One 6mm scale longhouse and four 6mm scale pit houses, made by me with my own two hands.

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath 10 Persian archers from Pendraken miniatures in 10mm.

You guys got in early enough! Accepted!

NTRabbit posted:

Parliamentary inquiry: Does the oath deadline also count for oath additions?

Yes, unfortunately!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
February Oath Complete

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Not feeling the love this month, I've been so slack.. only bothered to undercoat my models yesterday and even then couldn't convince myself to even do a simple basecoat job..

tonight my pretties... tonight... :unsmith:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

enri posted:

Not feeling the love this month, I've been so slack.. only bothered to undercoat my models yesterday and even then couldn't convince myself to even do a simple basecoat job..

tonight my pretties... tonight... :unsmith:

I don't know what it is about this month, but I've had almost zero motivation to paint for most of it, and then last night I really hosed up my jurnal piece. I'll have pictures of the before and after in my oath complete/failed post for sure.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren: Oath Complete

First up, a quick Slaaneshi space marine in an experimental scheme:

Legends speak of a gesture of great power, known to the mystics of Ancient Terra but lost in the millennia of turmoil that followed. This particular aspiring champion unearthed its nature while delving through archaic picts, and now employs it to devastating effects against the servants of the False Emperor. (I'm hoping to count this as my Jurnal, :effort: though it may be.)

Next, Morvahna:

This is my attempt at Box Art, as far as my crappy skill and available paint allowed. Reference for original artwork

Edit: Uploaded a new front pic of Morv to reflect the fact that I touched up a lot of the detail linework.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 26, 2014

enri
Dec 16, 2003

drgnvale posted:

I don't know what it is about this month, but I've had almost zero motivation to paint for most of it, and then last night I really hosed up my jurnal piece. I'll have pictures of the before and after in my oath complete/failed post for sure.

Well I managed to coerce myself into painting last night and... rather enjoyed myself :unsmith: pretty much 1/3 of my oath is done, should be able to get it done tonight and another evening this week if I need it. No worries, yay :D

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

enri posted:

Well I managed to coerce myself into painting last night and... rather enjoyed myself :unsmith: pretty much 1/3 of my oath is done, should be able to get it done tonight and another evening this week if I need it. No worries, yay :D

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

I managed to finish most of my detailing, just need to do basing and keep trying to un-gently caress my jurnal now. And maybe learn how to use transfers because I do not want to try to do anything else difficult this month.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Remind me, what are the rules about posting updated oath complete pics? As in, if we decide to do a bit more touch-up after declaring the oath complete, can we post that in this thread?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pash posted:

You may also notices my phoenix is converted, as I made the phoenix kit I had as a frostheart phoenix, and used the leftover firey bits and combined them with the Island of Blood Griffon Model GW makes so that I was able to make both phoenix models.

You mentioned in your Oath that you'd done a conversion, too. However, you didn't post a "before" photo to go with (what I presume is an) "after" photo in your Oath. So, I haven't put you in for a conversion for the "manifest's best conversion" quarterly prize. If you happened to document your conversion work, feel free to post it and I can add that in.

KingMob posted:

February Oath Complete

No Jurnal this month, right?

JerryLee posted:

Remind me, what are the rules about posting updated oath complete pics? As in, if we decide to do a bit more touch-up after declaring the oath complete, can we post that in this thread?

You can update your Oath Complete any time before the oath complete deadline, which is of course Midnight GMT on Feb. 28th. If you do post an update that you need me to react to (like, for claiming more points or something), then make sure you let me know. If you're just updating photos, you can just go back and edit your Oath Complete post - Krushgroove will see the updated photos when he puts the slideshow together, since my spreadsheet is already pointing at that post.

You can, at your option, also just post a new Oath Complete post, and I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

OATH COMPLETE

I'd like to claim them as a Themed Group and get my point for Backstory:

Following the release sixth edition, and the discontinuation of the winds of magic deck, captured dice are becoming an ever more common sight in night goblin units. Such dice are usually deployed by the night goblin units in support of their shamans or to get extra distance from fanatic releases. This band of night goblins has captured a paintbrush, allowing them to add extra pips to their captured dice, increasing their combat effectiveness. Extra care must be exercised when playing against an opponent who uses night goblins, as they tend to congregate in casualty piles off to the side of the board. Generally, to minimize such 'cunnin jiggery-pocky' the best policy is to leave the night goblins alive on the table where you can see them.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

If you're just updating photos, you can just go back and edit your Oath Complete post - Krushgroove will see the updated photos when he puts the slideshow together, since my spreadsheet is already pointing at that post.

It was this one. Nothing you need to concern yourself with. Thanks!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

And that's my five photos but RED ARMY DON'T STOP here's an avatar sized photo of the SU-76M crew:

and here's a better angle of this month's Jurnal:

Some prankster has replaced all the street signs with popular German beers!
(Dettinger, Veltins, Bitburger, and Lowenbrau.)

I'd also like to replace my previous Get Based Out entry with this month's bases. They were a lot more effort and I think they look superior. Plus, that's the actual right font for German street signs in 1945.

e: Oops this is also a Themed Group.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Oath Complete!
Jurnal is Cpt. Creeper trying to sneak up on you in his very subtle big tank

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Deanut Pancer posted:

:siren: Oath Complete!
Jurnal is Cpt. Creeper trying to sneak up on you in his very subtle big tank

That's a very nice edge highlighting you have there; it would be a shame if anything were to happen to it.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Pash posted:

Oath Completed!

Holy poo poo Pash! I love your parrot Phoenix. So cool.

Also! Everybody! Sorry I dropped off the radar for three whole months. I sent out the themed group prizes but that was it. It's been a hella busy time.

Leperflesh and KG, thanks for fielding any themed group questions in my absence.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Oath Complete!

"For the Tau Empire! You get a missile! And you get a missile! Missiles for every Gue'La!"

"Ahh, you like my sword? Come closer, heathen, I will show you what it says..."

Wait a minute, that's not Tau Script on his blade! Write that down in the Detektive's Jurnal, he's got a poorly executed "Happy New Years" message in Chinese written there!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Nice! Subtle but noticeable if you know the characters :) Those German street signs are another perfect example of fitting in a 'wall breaker' without making it too blatant - great for historical stuff!

Love it! This is a perfect opportunity to make the creeper a button: when pressed you get a 'ssssSSSSssSSSsssssSSSS' sound from the Rhino.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 27, 2014

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego

Leperflesh posted:

No Jurnal this month, right?

Nope, no Jurnal.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Oath Complete!

Jurnal:

No longer does man have only one life to give for his country the Emperor! Just try and pry the gun from his cold dead hands! My faith [in the Constitution Codex Astartes] is my shield! All while the Aquila sheds a single tear for all that was lost of the Emperor's Original Dream for Mankind. :911:

Can I claim the Fly Your Flag bonus on this, or no?

Edit: Dang, forgot Themed Group for the other Space Marines.

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 28, 2014

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Ramos and Electrical Creation

Chaos Warriors (blood bowl players, hence the lack of weapons)

Jurnal entry is...

The childs spotty coloured ball with the blood bowl players, not a totally nuffle sanctioned ball.. but there's a little back story to that..

Bonus Points: Back Story (Leperflesh, is this ok? :ohdear:)

enri fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 27, 2014

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

10 Cultists for 40k

Jurnal is the (poorly painted) nomad symbol on this guys jacket.

Also themed group

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 28, 2014

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

It was a long road, filled with disappointment:

But this is a pretty cool cannon, ready to shoot some Tau gunlines:

But wait, what's this?

The motherfucking Standard of the Redshirt Ascendant! (Jurnal)

I had a heck a time with that, mostly because I didn't thin my glue down so while pressing it into place the paper ripped in a few spots (not-so-well covered up with brighter red paint) and wrinkled in others. Always thin your glue, kids.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Oath Complete!
A lite month for me, just 2 models
No journal on this, but I will claim last month's OSL on the Optifex (robot dude) for a point :)

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:catdrugs:OATH COMPLETE:catdrugs:

Alright, well behold the lovely photography of my still-not-moved-in squalor! Been doin 60-hour work weeks this month, also. Hrrrrfrfrfrfffrffrff.

It's some kit-bashed lootaz! They're totally a themed group. I have more of the standard pose guys, but I wanted to throw in some variety with the old school obliterator arms and stuff I found in my bitz box(es). I'll probably do 10 or so more later.

My jurnal submission: the noble Brother Pabby, wielding the mighty Beerhammer!

Squad coherency, fuckers! Heineken? gently caress THAT poo poo.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

This month's just drat silly, with your beer Marines and whatnot.

That said.. :siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Whew, been a minute on that.

Details on the walkers, they're done like that Wave Serpent I did awhile back since I got good feedback on it. (mostly because they have those little vent things)

This is Exarch Nas'Kaar of Craftworld Hoom'De-pote. He's wielding his trusty DeWALT Bradding Catapults. (JURNAL)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Tremble in your boots before the power of Khador! Striding down from the icy steppes of the frozen north, we see two mighty warjacks and their warcaster...

...who apparently just flew in from Polynesia?

I guess I can claim this as a conversion for this quarter (here's the before pic).

It's also my intended immersion-breaking Jurnal entry for the month. Which should be somewhat obvious, as he's wearing a grass skirt and power armor made of palm tree bark and coconuts.

The warjacks are magnetized for gameplay purposes to indicate crippled weapons systems, though I forgot to do their heads. They're also loosely pinned at the torso, so they make their own wreck markers. This was also my first attempt at salt weathering; I'm kind of meh on the results.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Declaring an Oath Failed for February. The bad news is that I won't finish my dwarves, the good news is that I was invited out to a ski cabin for the week :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

As ever, fun and quick to paint, but would be nice if primer would stick (aside from Halford's auto primer, my usual fallback). No Jurnal this month though.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 1, 2014

• Locked thread