Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Caldari specced players can also fly the Flycatcher which is a decent Interdictor for large fleets. Some of the prerequisites take a bit of time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Uba Stij posted:

I've been suicide ganking for three weeks straight in 0.5 and up systems, and my sec status has only gone from -9.1 to -9.4 :negative:

It feels like it's pretty much pods or bust to tank your sec status once you break -8 or so.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Famethrowa posted:

If I'm just popping people in FW without shooting rats, do I get dinged by the current owner?

Yes, it also lowers your sec status if you haven't noticed. I didn't, and imagine my surprise when I pod jumped to Jita and got the faction police warning.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

Is there a requirement for -10.0 to graduate from WAFFLES., or what?

Not really. It's just bragging rights/for shits and giggles. Most people I know in PL have positive sec status or are no lower than -4.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

nessin posted:

A Guardian is hands down, assuming you have a cap buddy, much better than an Oneiros. More repping power, a second remote capacitor transmitter than can be used outside of the cap chain, has a free a midslot for support (or ECCM), and it is slightly faster with a shorter align time. The only advantages the Oneiros has, besides it's capability to fit for independent operations, is that it has a bigger tank and 50m3 drone bandwidth/cargo. Even then the extra EHP comes in a slightly higher shield and hull value, thus not going to make a huge difference in an armor fleet.

In small gangs, this is true. In a large fleet, the oneiros is absolutely better. When you're in a 500v500 fight, logistics are generally getting killed as soon as someone decides to shoot them, and any ECM isn't going to be jamming out the whole logi wing. When you don't need the ECM and you can't reliably keep other logi up, the oneiros becomes better since you're not relying on another paired ship to be functional.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

I've been suicide ganking for three weeks straight in 0.5 and up systems, and my sec status has only gone from -9.1 to -9.4 :negative:

Kill a capsule in high-sec.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kalstrams posted:

Kill a capsule in high-sec.

Have been, it's just so drat slow. The grind back up would be terrible if I didn't already have the tags for sec to return me to decent standing when I need to use them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Uba Stij posted:

Have been, it's just so drat slow. The grind back up would be terrible if I didn't already have the tags for sec to return me to decent standing when I need to use them.

I think I got to -9.7 in one bombing run from positive or near positive.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe it's the targets we're hitting then. All of them have been in good standing or else they wouldn't be ratting etc.

Vaga
Feb 21, 2014
I thought I remember people talking about phone apps on here awhile back and the lack of for android. I've been using this one and it seems pretty good, it's been getting tons of updates lately.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.alxb.evedroid

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aura is pretty much the best one for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aideronrobotics.android.aura

Vaga
Feb 21, 2014

Thanks I'll check that one out too.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Uba Stij posted:

Maybe it's the targets we're hitting then. All of them have been in good standing or else they wouldn't be ratting etc.

I killed 11 or so pods in one go.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

Smartbombs. :( Are there still constant 15-20 smartbomb battleship camps in Rancer ?

I've no idea, Rancer isn't really anywhere near where I'm active right now. The last time I visited I needed a picture of my burning pod and those fuckers exploded me two fast for me to take a good screenshot. And this after they made me wait for almost ten minutes while I was taunting them in local! :argh:

By the way, is this fit any good?

See, this is my first ever PVP-kill and since I noticed how my own fits tend to deviate from what is considered the norm, I'm apparently not a good judge for pvp-fits.

I mean I made this kill with this piece of poo poo here:

The really stupid thing is, without that armor plate in there I would have died to the duo of Wolf-assault frigates I was fighting before I could get one of them. Then after I got one of them, I died too, of course. :shepface:

But gently caress that, my first kill ever since I started playing! And again only for a contest, since apparently video contests are the only thing which really makes me want to go out and fight people.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Libluini posted:

I've no idea, Rancer isn't really anywhere near where I'm active right now. The last time I visited I needed a picture of my burning pod and those fuckers exploded me two fast for me to take a good screenshot. And this after they made me wait for almost ten minutes while I was taunting them in local! :argh:

By the way, is this fit any good?

See, this is my first ever PVP-kill and since I noticed how my own fits tend to deviate from what is considered the norm, I'm apparently not a good judge for pvp-fits.

The really stupid thing is, without that armor plate in there I would have died to the duo of Wolf-assault frigates I was fighting before I could get one of them. Then after I got one of them, I died too, of course. :shepface:

But gently caress that, my first kill ever since I started playing! And again only for a contest, since apparently video contests are the only thing which really makes me want to go out and fight people.

Neither fit is that good. One is dual tanked and the other has mixed gun sizes. Neither are particularly bad outside of that though

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Your fit is goofy but honestly not that retarded. The only other reasonable choice for your third low was an extra Ballistic Control system, and throwing plates onto ASB ships to try to live through reloads isn't actually that weird in the world of gimmicky lowsec solo fits. On the other hand, a 400mm plate is a frigate module and will do very little for whatever larger ship you were flying. Was that a Drake?

Other things that would have helped: use a scrambler instead of a long point on those kind of fits. You're an Afterburner Drake; putting a long point on something that can still MWD is not catching it, it's just annoying it slightly as it flies away. It also frees up some CPU for crazy things like actually using all your mid slots. A second web will help you bring your full damage to bear even harder against sig-tanking small targets. You should also overheat your ASBs; it gives you more rep per charge and you will be dead long before they burn out from heat damage.

Most imporantly; that fit has a shitload of grid left over and a free high slot for a medium energy neutralizer, which is basically a giant "get hosed" button for frigates that come within scram/web range of you. If you'd had a neut, you probably would have zapped those Wolves down to no cap right away, turning off their afterburners and making them easier targets for your light missiles.

I'm honestly a little confused as to how a pair of Wolves were even able to break a dual-ASB Drake in the first place, to be honest.

Anyways, here's that fit tuned up a little:

code:
[Drake, New Setup 1]
Ballistic Control System II
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Downgrade to T1 guns if that's what you can use, it's not a big deal. Also keep in mind that Rapid Lights aren't bonused on this thing, so it's pretty much just a gimmicky bait for dumb frigates like those Wolves. The good news is that you will absolutely skullfuck any frigate that comes within 10km of you.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 28, 2014

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Voyager I posted:

Your fit is goofy but honestly not that retarded. The only other reasonable choice for your third low was an extra Ballistic Control system, and throwing plates onto ASB ships to try to live through reloads isn't actually that weird in the world of gimmicky lowsec solo fits. On the other hand, a 400mm plate is a frigate module and will do very little for whatever larger ship you were flying. Was that a Drake?

I'm honestly a little confused as to how a pair of Wolves were even able to break a dual-ASB Drake in the first place, to be honest.

Looks like a Caracal due to the 5 highs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EveDroid is quite good actually, I have switched to it from Aura.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Voyager I posted:

Don't you need charges to get the full benefit of ASBs and AARs?

I love the AAR. With frigates it's like a temporary invincibility button that lasts as long as you have repair paste.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

JohnSherman posted:

Don't you need charges to get the full benefit of ASBs and AARs?

I love the AAR. With frigates it's like a temporary invincibility button that lasts as long as you have repair paste.

I assume he ran out of charges and died

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah, my bad, it was totally a Caracal. That makes a little more sense, though I was more expressing surprise that they were able to outlive a pair of Large ASBs since he can stagger those for quite a while.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Like bonewitch already guessed, it was a Caracal. The frigate plate was the only thing that I could fit in there. It was either the plate and an afterburner, or a third BCS and a medium/small shield extender. (The CPU was the bottleneck here, so maybe with a downgrade to a T1-BCS in that last slot, I may just have had enough CPU left over for a large shield extender. Maybe.)

In the end, I decided a bit of extra-speed to force them to use their own propulsion mods would help more than a little bit more fire power and EHP.

gwrtheyrn posted:

I assume he ran out of charges and died

And about 1-2 seconds after the first Wolf exploded. :v:

Edit:

My plan was essentially:

1. Kill the first Wolf as fast as possible.
2. Try to jam the other Wolf with my two ECM-drones.
3. If one ASB runs out, switch to the other.
4. If ammo runs out, hopefully one Wolf is already dead.
5. Hope ammo/ASB reload goes through while the other Wolf is jammed.
6. Kill the second Wolf.

Since I've no idea what happened with my drones during the fight, I guess my plan didn't even survive to step 2. Interestingly, my second ASB ran out just together with my ammunition. And with a reload-time of 35 seconds it's more then likely I wouldn't have survived long enough to take the second Wolf down, anyway. Especially since I noticed my first ASB running out far too late and it was still reloading when the second ended. At that point my ship was essentially a burning, angry wreck still spitting out missiles. With both ASBs reloading and my rapids running dry too, there was little I could have done.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 28, 2014

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

Like bonewitch already guessed, it was a Caracal. The frigate plate was the only thing that I could fit in there. It was either the plate and an afterburner, or a third BCS and a medium/small shield extender. (The CPU was the bottleneck here, so maybe with a downgrade to a T1-BCS in that last slot, I may just have had enough CPU left over for a large shield extender. Maybe.)

In the end, I decided a bit of extra-speed to force them to use their own propulsion mods would help more than a little bit more fire power and EHP.

And about 1-2 seconds after the first Wolf exploded. :v:

What? A plate makes you slower and increases your armor hp, it doesn't increase your speed.

Unless you were seriously planning on going with no propmod at all which is uh...:psyduck:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vatek posted:

What? A plate makes you slower and increases your armor hp, it doesn't increase your speed.

Unless you were seriously planning on going with no propmod at all which is uh...:psyduck:

I was talking about the afterburner. With the afterburner there was barely enough CPU left for the plate, without the afterburner I could have fit a BCS and no prop mod at all, due to CPU-constraints. Well, I could have fitted frigate sized prop mods, but I guess this would be even worse then no mods at all?

Edit:
:psyduck: is an apt description for the poo poo I tend to pull. I once lost a good T2-fit Maller by simply forgetting to switch on my AAR, for example. I have a nice video where my valiant enemy points this out in utter confusion about my stupidity.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 28, 2014

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The only advice I have for that one is to overheat your ASBs as a matter of general principle, since it increases the overall amount of shield boosting you get per charge, and your charges are the limiting factor to your tank. On a fitting note, use a scram for brawlers instead of a warp disruptor. Pointing someone 20km away from you in an afterburner Caracal doesn't actually mean you've caught them, so you might as well save the CPU on a scram instead (with the added bonus of completely loving over anything with an MWD that comes too close to you).

Also, you took on a pair of Wolves in a T1 fit T1 cruiser and took one of them down with you so don't feel bad about that fight. Your gimmick plate got you a kill that was worth more than your ship.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 28, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

The only advice I have for that one is to overheat your ASBs as a matter of general principle, since it increases the overall amount of shield boosting you get per charge, and your charges are the limiting factor to your tank. On a fitting note, use a scram for brawlers instead of a warp disruptor. Pointing someone 20km away from you in an afterburner Caracal doesn't actually mean you've caught them, so you might as well save the CPU on a scram instead (with the added bonus of completely loving over anything with an MWD that comes too close to you).

Also, you took on a pair of Wolves in a T1 fit T1 cruiser and took one of them down with you so don't feel bad about that fight. Your gimmick plate got you a kill that was worth more than your ship.

Thanks! Overheating is really something I tend to do too late, all the goddamn time. At least this time I upgraded from forgetting to switch my modules on for far too long to forgetting to overheat for far too long. Progress! :shepface:

On a side-note, I of course couldn't warp my pod out fast enough, so I lost a random allotment of mediocre implants. Barely enough to negate the cost of the Wolf I got. But well, those implants were on my designated PVP-clone, so they were already lost anyway. It's not as if I could have taken them out, so their purpose was essentially giving out a nice killmail to soften the loss of an assault frigate. I still count it as a win, since the alternative would have been a nice killmail to whoever got my dumb rear end, minus the softening.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 28, 2014

Urit
Oct 22, 2010

Lowkin posted:

I was going to try and get a armegeddon drone mission boat, I thought missions were the preferable income. On the forums it says 60-80m and hour.
I was making atleast 20m an hour doing lvl 3 missions in high-sec so that doesn't sound that profitable shooting guristas.

If you're going per-hour, ratting is ~60M/hr. 20mil ticks with good Drone/Cruise/Amarr Battleship skills are very doable - I usually average 22M/tick (1 tick every 20 minutes). I suppose missions could be faster but they require :effort: whereas anom ratting is quite literally "warp in, drop drones, turn on armor repair, put EVE on one screen while reading The Something Awful Forums (tm) on the other.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm also trying to stress the difference between soft tackle and hard tackle.

Soft tackle is something like a warp disruptor, where the enemy is unable to warp but is still free to simply fly away from you. On a slow ship, soft tackle is of limited utility; it's better than no tackle, but when you top speed is 600m/s it's pretty likely that the enemy can just fly away from you if they don't want to fight. It's better on a fast ship like a Stabber, which can keep enemies in range and doesn't want to get stuck into a brawl itself.

Hard tackle means warp scramblers and stasis webifiers. Using them on a target means that not only can it not warp, but its mobility is significantly impaired and getting back out of range will be a struggle, if they can even escape at all. Without your web, for example, that Wolf would have been able to simply fly away from you when he realized he was dying. Hard tackle is most common on brawling ships that want to get stuck in at close range and dedicated tackle frigates that hold targets down for allies. One drawback to hard tackle is that if you are close enough to use it on the enemy, you are also close enough for them to use it on you. Fights between brawlers are typically thunderdome affairs because neither ship has the means to disengage from the other. If you get committed and then suddenly the bad guy has three friends jump through the gate, then oh well for you!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Urit posted:

If you're going per-hour, ratting is ~60M/hr. 20mil ticks with good Drone/Cruise/Amarr Battleship skills are very doable - I usually average 22M/tick (1 tick every 20 minutes). I suppose missions could be faster but they require :effort: whereas anom ratting is quite literally "warp in, drop drones, turn on armor repair, put EVE on one screen while reading The Something Awful Forums (tm) on the other.

It also scales with multiboxing much better. You can make 120m an hour with two ishtars, only pressing 4 buttons every thirty minutes.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

I'm also trying to stress the difference between soft tackle and hard tackle.

Soft tackle is something like a warp disruptor, where the enemy is unable to warp but is still free to simply fly away from you. On a slow ship, soft tackle is of limited utility; it's better than no tackle, but when you top speed is 600m/s it's pretty likely that the enemy can just fly away from you if they don't want to fight. It's better on a fast ship like a Stabber, which can keep enemies in range and doesn't want to get stuck into a brawl itself.

Hard tackle means warp scramblers and stasis webifiers. Using them on a target means that not only can it not warp, but its mobility is significantly impaired and getting back out of range will be a struggle, if they can even escape at all. Without your web, for example, that Wolf would have been able to simply fly away from you when he realized he was dying. Hard tackle is most common on brawling ships that want to get stuck in at close range and dedicated tackle frigates that hold targets down for allies. One drawback to hard tackle is that if you are close enough to use it on the enemy, you are also close enough for them to use it on you. Fights between brawlers are typically thunderdome affairs because neither ship has the means to disengage from the other. If you get committed and then suddenly the bad guy has three friends jump through the gate, then oh well for you!

Yeah, considering those Wolf-frigates were close enough to scrape against my shields, I guess the CPU used up by my 24 km T2-warp disruptor would have been better served elsewhere. Next time I'll try to remember to fit a meta 4-scram instead.

Edit:

I took the time to re-watch my fight on the video I made and now I have to confess something: Turns out the second assault frigate wasn't a Wolf but an Enyo. It looks like I was so concentrated on killing that Wolf I just kind of assumed the other assault frigate would also be a Wolf, without really looking at it.

Also holy poo poo is there a difference between normal ASBs and overheated ASBs. Since I only remembered to overheat right at the end, I now see I actually had to switch both ASBs on halfway through, or I would have died with only barely scratching the Wolf. When only one overheated ASB is left running right at the end, it can actually keep up with the DPS thrown at it. In comparison, the not-overheated ASB just slowed the inevitable shield collaps down. A bit.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 28, 2014

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

kalstrams posted:

EveDroid is quite good actually, I have switched to it from Aura.

I cannot try EveDroid since it needs Android 4.0+ :saddowns:

That said, I tried Evanova (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tlabs.android.evanova), which felt a bit gimmicky and wasn't a great experience on my phone, though the screenshots look quite juicy on a tablet, so that might be another option to check out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hollow Talk posted:

I cannot try EveDroid since it needs Android 4.0+ :saddowns:

That said, I tried Evanova (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tlabs.android.evanova), which felt a bit gimmicky and wasn't a great experience on my phone, though the screenshots look quite juicy on a tablet, so that might be another option to check out.

Hm, I have actually never seen Evanova before, I will have to try that.
Also, not having a 4.0+ is good. I have it on phone that is not supported. :saddowns:

Metiscus
Oct 4, 2003

we're dumb 'ol engineers
The most important thing you can do when you start working on a ship fitting is to consider how you are planning on flying the ship. The caracal can be flown in several different ways and I will try to illustrate two of them.

code:
[Caracal, Kite]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II or Large Ancillary Shield Booster with Navy Cap Booster 150's
Warp Disruptor II

Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Warrior II x2
Scourge Auto-Targeting Light Missile I x100
Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x500
Fit Stats (All V)
Dps: 201
Tank: 272 (overheated ASB)
Ehp: 16.4k

This fit is designed to keep at range from an enemy {frigate, destroyer} and shower them with missiles. With my skills it can move about 2km/s with the MWD lit 3km/s heated. You will eventually run out of capacitor (~2 minutes) so you will have to pulse your microwarp to keep out of range. You would use this ship by landing outside scram distance and burning to long point range and overheating your point if needed. Have the keep at range function preset with this number (~20km). Depending on what you are fighting, you may want to orbit instead to maintain traversal. The auto-targeting missiles are for the situation where you get jammed out by a griffin and need to be able to force them off field. For tank, you can either use two LSEII's or an LSEII with an ASB. The LSE + ASB setup is similar in thought to the armor plate where it gives you some buffer to survive the ASB reload.

code:
[Caracal, Brawl]
Beta Reactor Control: Reaction Control I
Damage Control II

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Large Azeotropic Ward Salubrity I or X-5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Warrior II x2
Fit Stats (All V)
Dps: 201
Tank: 673(overheated ASB)
Ehp: 19.1k

As fit, this requires either Genolution 1 and 2 or a 3% cpu implant. This fit is a very up close, in your face fit. It has good base ehp and an oversized shield booster to keep you fighting longer. The downside is, you are slowed due to having an afterburner instead of a microwarp drive. You also lack a web, which can also hinder your ability to catch very fast ships even with your scrambler. If you are willing to sacrifice a bit on the ehp, you can swap some items from that fit out for a slightly more general brawling fit.

code:
[Caracal, Brawl Modified]
Beta Reactor Control: Reaction Control I
Damage Control II

10MN Microwarpdrive I
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Warrior II x2
Same stats as previous fit. Requires a 2% power-grid implant only (level V character).

So this fitting is, again, designed for up close battle with frigates and has exchanged the AB for an MWD and the LSE for a web. The idea here is, get up close, grab them and shoot them until they stop moving. You have an overwhelming tank, good damage and the ship is fairly inexpensive.

There is no perfect fit, only a fit well matched for how you intend to fly your ship. Hit me up via PM if you want to talk over ideas for your fitting.

Metiscus fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 28, 2014

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

Train for an archon? It's not necessarily useful for fleets, but it will make deployments a heck of a lot easier, especially when staging systems change.

Everyone should get a carrier for personal logistics, but to call them useless for fleets is really wrong.
Cap fleets don't get all-all broadcasted, so you might think we don't use them a lot if you're not already in capswarm.
Every 0.0 alliance in eve makes very heavy use out of carriers.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

JohnSherman posted:

Yes, it also lowers your sec status if you haven't noticed. I didn't, and imagine my surprise when I pod jumped to Jita and got the faction police warning.

I thought the sec hit was just from popping pods? Welp! :v:

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

JohnSherman posted:

Podding is specially nasty. You get a BIG status hit for podding... but of course it is in lowsec where you can hit the jackpot with multi-bilion pods :getin:

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Caracals are a fantastic hull that can be altered to fit a number of situations. Even with those fits listed below, you can also take into account that it can fit entirely different weapons systems like the heavy missile launcher or heavy assault missiles. With the combination of launcher options, prop mod choices, and the scalability of tanking, it might be the most versatile fleet base in the game at this moment.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Khablam posted:

Everyone should get a carrier for personal logistics, but to call them useless for fleets is really wrong.
Cap fleets don't get all-all broadcasted, so you might think we don't use them a lot if you're not already in capswarm.
Every 0.0 alliance in eve makes very heavy use out of carriers.

You're putting words I didn't say into my mouth. Training for an archon isn't necessarily useful for fleets because you may not train to the point where you're actually capswarm-spec or you may only be interested in flying in subcap fleets. They're super useful, but you need to train a bit more to get beyond just personal logistics

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Libluini posted:

Most of that Caracal fit is fine, but you definitely don't ever want to dual-tank except in really unusual, specific situations (surviving multiple doomsdays, brick cyno ship, etc). However much difference a 400mm plate made in the fight was nothing compared to what an extra BCS would have done. Likewise, the long point wasn't doing you any favors.

All of the fits Metiscus posted are fine, although if you're using a single XLASB, there's pretty much no way you could have killed the second Wolf before running out of charges and dying. A dual-LASB fit is probably better against two medium-high DPS frigates like that, but instead of a kinetic rig, use a second EM rig to get your EM resist over 50%. This actually gives more even overall resists, and 24% more EHP/boost vs projectile EMP ammo (283 tanked vs 229 tanked), 23% vs lasers (277 vs 221), while only losing -17% vs hybrids (255 vs 305). It depends on what you want to engage, I guess.

Here's my take on the fit you used - no implants or exceptional fitting skills needed. Overheat both LASBs, and pulse one at a time, occasionally adding in the second as necessary if incoming DPS is too high. The idea is to have at least limited use of one while reloading the other, so your relatively small buffer doesn't evaporate.
code:
[Caracal, RLML Brawl 2xLASB]
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Warp Scrambler II
10MN Afterburner II

Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile

Hobgoblin II x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

That's not all that bad of a Caracal.

THIS is a bad Caracal:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=19673280

• Locked thread