Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Elodie needs to start getting fit. 2x Running while keeping a Willful mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Above all else we should feel cheerful
And of public speaking we want a skillful
We also need to work on our voice
And pick the coronet as your clothes choice

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Swords and more swords.
Coronet
Always angry, all the time. Iratus regina puella!

Amazing that the prison lacks special anti-lumen protection for the cells. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 28, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Let's go full on magic mode now that we can max those stats out.

Willful, Wield Magic, Magical Girl

Also, not having to worry about burning your mouth when you sip hot things, is the best mundane use of magic.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Lonely, Novan History x2, Catsuit We've been bitten by too many failed Novan History checks, our catsuit will keep us the most safe, and we haven't seen the effects of the social mood axis yet.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Cheerful Can't Elodie be happy for once :(

Court Manners x2 Considering that the court revolves around us it would be nice to know how to not sink in that pond.

Coronet Keep it classy.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Poil posted:

Iratus regina puella!

You got your Latin wrong. It should be "Filia regis irata" (literally: angry daughter of the king). What you put would be like saying "Angry man; girl queen" in English.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 28, 2014

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I've insisted for Cheerful out of curiosity since a while ago, and this is not the time to back down on that.

No preference on Costume, though. Train her Court Manners Intensively.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Get some composure and elegance, put on the catsuit, and go willful so we can continue unlocking the secrets to burn everything alive of our Lumen abilities.

hieropants
Aug 31, 2012
Train harder, get angry, learn weapons.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Lonely
Novan History x2
Catsuit

I rather not wear the magical girl outfit ever.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

dereku posted:

Above all else we should feel cheerful
And of public speaking we want a skillful
We also need to work on our voice
And pick the coronet as your clothes choice

I vote this!

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Internal Affairs and Composure Stop Willful Stop Catsuit Stop

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Cheerful, court manners x2, coronet outfit.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
We need to up our Composure x2, and to do that we need to be rocking our Coronet. Might as well get those bonuses if we can.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Anything but Magical Girl

Classes: Swords x2

Angry

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Whatever outfit. (Looking forward to hopefully getting an outfit for weapons and wearing that, because I bet it'll be awesome.)
Swords x2
Angry

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Wear whichever outfit boosts the skill category you're training. If we don't have that outfit, wear the catsuit. Become Angry, and learn the fine art of skewering people with Swords x 2!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Yay, magical girl outfit. :sparkles: By the way, am I the only one bothered by the fact that the coronet outfit doesn't actually include a coronet?

Well, now that we at least stand a chance to resist spontaneous demonic possession and/or immolation, maybe it's time to focus on improving our maths skills beyond those of a third-grader. Let's stay study accounting and trade. Unfortunately, that means we can't be willful or we'll get a penalty (and nothing seems to give a boost to economics), so angry it is.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 28, 2014

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
If this "ruling by divine grace" gig doesn't work out, lets prepare for an exciting career in Accounting x2! I guess that means we have to be yielding.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Yay, magical girl outfit. :sparkles: By the way, am I the only one bothered by the fact that the coronet outfit doesn't actually include a coronet?

Well now that you mentioned it, it is impossible to ignore.

Zikan posted:

Cheerful Can't Elodie be happy for once :(

Court Manners x2 Considering that the court revolves around us it would be nice to know how to not sink in that pond.

Coronet Keep it classy.

Also, these votes, albeit my motives aren't the same. We need court manners to learn how to play the nobles and royalty like a harp and I like Elodie looking regal, even though I can't even remember what the outfit boosts.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MegaZeroX posted:

You got your Latin wrong. It should be "Filia regis irata" (literally: angry daughter of the king). What you put would be like saying "Angry man; girl queen" in English.
Yeah I just google translated and don't actually know any latin.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

This thread inspired me to play this game some more, and man, this game never ceases to amaze. There's so much content in it, and as you play through it, you start piecing together the events and outcomes to discover peoples' motivations for their actions. Because of this LP, the events in Week 20 were fresh in my mind, and combined with one little note in the epilogue, I had a :aaa: revelation about the actions of one character. That's pretty drat good to have a revelation like that after 40 hours of replays. And according to the achievements, I've still got about 1/3 of the game's content I haven't seen yet.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm pretty sure, and feel free to correct me on this, that the outfits you wear don't actually affect skill learning rates. I think they add a boost for checks, but it's a background boost and has no effect on how quickly you learn a skill.

Might be wrong!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

That's right. Outfits increase all affected skills by 10, but don't effect the rate at which they are learned.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The outfits are essentially an easy way of running straight 100s through a skill set without wasting classes actually getting them to 100 when the math doesn't work right. (you have 97.8 in a skill and want to max it out? You're gonna have to run an entire class period for those extra 2.2 points :v:)

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Let's become Angry and train Weapons.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Angry Archery x2

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 28, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Outfit

Coronet: 7

Catsuit: 6

Magical Girl: 2

Mood

Angry: 9

Cheerful: 6

Willful: 5

Lonely: 2

Yielding: 1

Class

Swords: 8

Court Manners: 8

Composure: 7

Novan History: 4

Weapons: 4

Accounting: 3

Archery: 2

Voice: 2

Public Speaking: 2

Running: 2

Sense Magic: 1

Elegance: 1

Internal Affairs: 1

Trade: 1

Winners

Catsuit

Angry

Swords

Court Manners

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

This isn't really a surprise; he was pretty old. The problem is the political implications.

With the control of Elath in doubt, it falls to the crown to make decisions. Young Lord Adair will not reach his fifteenth birthday for over two years. He requires a regent. His stepmother, Arisse, the Duchess of Lillah, has petitioned that the boy be left in her care. This would, however, leave her in personal control of two neighboring duchies, which is generally forbidden.

(Almost the entire eastern border.)

(Duchess Arisse's previous husband was supposed to be a nasty piece of work. He may even have attacked Adair's mother before her untimely death. He's gone now, of course, but she's still the sort of woman who married a monster.)

The boy does have a living grandfather, the Earl of Ishtar. Or you might appoint an unrelated noble to act in his stead. The Earl of Ishtar has suggested another possibility. You and Adair are both young, not too far apart in age. He requests that we accept the boy as your future husband and keep him here at the castle.

If you didn't vote on mood last update, there is still time. I'm going to carry over the mood votes from the last poll. If you've already voted, your mood vote won't count. Don't forget to vote for classes as well.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Hmmm. Since we'll be Angry, let's go for Composure (we've got enough time spent in Royal Demeanor classes that the mood malus shouldn't be too bad) and Sense Magic.

And let's Marry Adair. That'll keep any future suitors from trying to get us to pick them, it'll make sure we don't have to marry someone really old or mean or whatever, and it'll keep his relatives happy without having to decide who we trust to be his guardian. (And since he's not even 13 yet, we won't have to marry him right away, either.)

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Send him to his grandfather

Court Manners

Swords

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Marry him

Become angry

Swords x2

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh my god I cant believe I got this on GoG. I actually bought one of these games. Why? Why!? Jesus it's deadly as hell too. I have died literally in the same spot every time. Except for once, when I died in a way that made me laugh.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Marry him, angry, Novan History and Archery.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Send him to his grandfather, accounting, swords.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Marry Him! We need someone pliable, and easily manipulated that we can set up as a figurehead so we can be the power behind the throne. Marry him, run the kingdom behind his back, and when the assassins show up he can eat the poisoned arrows of justice while we laugh maniacally, surrounded by dogs.

(And yes, I know Dogs is capped until we do Horses and Hawks. I don't care. Dogs :v:)

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Marry me baby
I'll change my last name
I'll walk the walk of shame
Let's do it soon, maybe

I need some swords too
Of them two (of them two)
On morning and afternoon
So be opportune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Marry him

Become angry

Swords x2

This combination made me laugh. Poor boy.

Seconded!

Edit: Also the magical girl outfit. Our future husband and shishkabob might not feel awkward enough otherwise.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 1, 2014

• Locked thread