Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Jeopardy at 7, Wheel at 7:30 is peak civilization.

Yup, that's how it goes here as well. ABC airs both, though I do remember the secondary CBS affiliate out of Long Island used to air the two earlier in the day, but I think they both got dropped during a network reshuffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James315
Dec 17, 2006

315 [Mp 40] everyone
Chu is very aggressive with those daily double wagers. He jeopardized (no pun intended) his runaway game with that late DD wager of $7,000 when he could have played it safe.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

escape artist posted:

Exactly. The rest of you are merely barbarians are the gate, clamoring for our noble Roman blood.

I used to love Jeopardy at 7, wheel at 7:30, because it meant at 7:30, I could switch to Comedy Central and watch Colbert, because I would usually only stay up to watch The Daily SHow the night before.

But then Comedy Central did the stupidest thing ever since not renewing Ugly Americans and switched when the re-runs of TDS and Colbert run, so now I have to go through the laborious process of recording Colbert and watching it on the DVR after Jeopardy.

Is the end result the same? Yeah, roughly. But it's a step I shouldn't have to do, drat it! :argh:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

How did all these people who play against Arthur even qualify for the show? My God.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is some intern secretly switching final jeopardy clues with the $200 ones or something?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure Arthur would have had to risk an irrational amount to beat the single day record. Alex can't add apparently.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Seems like since Arthur's been on the show for a while now, that the harder clues are at the top, not the bottom, and are worth less cash than the easier ones. Or maybe I'm finally getting used to his style.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Claire is pretty cute. And Arthur has clearly run out of life facts.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

escape artist posted:

Seems like since Arthur's been on the show for a while now, that the harder clues are at the top, not the bottom, and are worth less cash than the easier ones. Or maybe I'm finally getting used to his style.

The game isn't rigged like this. It's literally a federal crime. All the game shows pay outside auditors to ward off any shenanigans.

Also, good lord, what a beatdown. Here is the official award for all of Arthur's past and future opponents.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

zakharov posted:

The game isn't rigged like this. It's literally a federal crime. All the game shows pay outside auditors to ward off any shenanigans.

I know it isn't rigged. Which is why I said "seems like", and offered the explanation that it seemed that way because I am becoming accustomed to Arthur's methods.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

If I'm doing my math right he totally could have attempted to beat the record and still maintained his runaway even if he hosed it up. Bummer.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Bold Robot posted:

If I'm doing my math right he totally could have attempted to beat the record and still maintained his runaway even if he hosed it up. Bummer.

If Alex's faulty initial recollection of the record being $75,000 had been correct, this would be true. Not so for the actual record of $77,000.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
How much are his total winnings at this point? Enough to send kids to college?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

He passed 200k so maybe a state school

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Actually it might be used for medical bills. :(

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I know this is from a few episodes ago but poor Sofi :( one of the more embarrassing on air gaffes I have seen on Jeopardy and it devastated her game and focus.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

thathonkey posted:

I know this is from a few episodes ago but poor Sofi :( one of the more embarrassing on air gaffes I have seen on Jeopardy and it devastated her game and focus.

What was it? I missed it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

escape artist posted:

What was it? I missed it.

The category was something about what the "i" word was in the various clues that were all acronyms and such. Her clue was "BVI", there had already been a few clues from the category played to establish that the answers were all words beginning with "i", and she answered "virgin" instead of "islands"

You kind of had to see it. She was off to a great start then missed that one, handled it really awkwardly, then proceeded to completely fall apart for the rest of the episode.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

thathonkey posted:

The category was something about what the "i" word was in the various clues that were all acronyms and such. Her clue was "BVI", there had already been a few clues from the category played to establish that the answers were all words beginning with "i", and she answered "virgin" instead of "islands"

You kind of had to see it. She was off to a great start then missed that one, handled it really awkwardly, then proceeded to completely fall apart for the rest of the episode.

Oh yeah. I saw that one. That was a bummer.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

thathonkey posted:

I would have more sympathy for her if it didn't take her upwards of three days to choose a category every time it was her choice

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Actually it might be used for medical bills. :(

But... it's never lupus!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Some actual competition today at least.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

And Chu was setting it up so they would tie if his opponent had gone for it... WHY DID HE NOT GO FOR IT???? :argh:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Jesus, these last few FJs have been laughably easy.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Did they get to see the photo?

It's LBJ.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Did they get to see the photo?

It's LBJ.

Yeah that was pretty clear. Are they looking at a low resolution screen or something?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

They're looking across the room at the board, and his face wasn't all that visible. I can understand it.

Hooray for actual competition tonight!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I just figured out what that beeping noise was.

Also Babu's accent surprised me; am I a racist?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Eddie nooooooo!

I swear every contestant in this tournament I've liked has lost.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Colonial Air Force posted:

I just figured out what that beeping noise was.

Also Babu's accent surprised me; am I a racist?

Probably.

The thing I found most impressive is how Eddie is able to keep track of the board state. An Eddie/Arthur match would have been so awkward.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Babu's accent was great. Also was really pulling for Eddie. But I liked the winner, too! And we both answered Cleveland to that FJ answer.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I am not a fan of this Robin character, I tell ya what.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

A shame. I love Bob Harris. :golfclap:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Bob nooooo :(

I do enjoy how yesterday we had "What is boob?" and today we had "What is dude?"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

zakharov posted:

Eddie nooooooo!

I swear every contestant in this tournament I've liked has lost.

I remembered watching him when I was in college. He's easily one of my top-5 favorite contestants ever.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008
Reminder that the king of nerds Brad Rutter is on Friday. I'm ejaculating already.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

cf1140 posted:

Reminder that the king of nerds Brad Rutter is on Friday. I'm ejaculating already.

The King of Nerds is Jennings, and he's not until the next tournament, you Philistine.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

The King of Nerds is Jennings, and he's not until the next tournament, you Philistine.

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=330

:frogout:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Jennings is likeable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Jennings also has more overall gameshow winnings, if you count the shows that both men have done besides Jeopardy.

PS. Also, the likeable thing and having a hilarious Twitter thing.