Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Incorrect. Hectors are best dealt with by summoning your own giant robot and declaring it is a robotfight.

That's a bit redundant. Every fight is robotfight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Night10194 posted:

Incorrect. Hectors are best dealt with by summoning your own giant robot and declaring it is a robotfight.

But then you do not get to do a victory dance on the corpse as the whole screen fills with flames.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Also, is there an IRC for this game at all?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Bussamove posted:

That's a bit redundant. Every fight is robotfight!

Every fight is a robot fight. When you're a killing machine. :clint:

Totally forgot about that from the Colonial Marine Tech Manual until now. :allears:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Taking a fusion blaster to hectors is basically using a combined light saber and force push

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

You can sign in a split screen player as a guest, I have just done so personally and played with multiple people online who have done this. Your brain is fried or something.

Well thank you GOT A EXTRA TITTY, but it wouldn't work when I tried it.

Is it possible that if you're working from a stack of "Free 48 hour XBL Gold" codes, things are a little different?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Computer Opponent posted:

Is it possible that if you're working from a stack of "Free 48 hour XBL Gold" codes, things are a little different?

Shouldn't be + next time your account expires try using this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Belzac posted:

No, you're Storm 1. They say it in a mission like right before the final mission that Storm 1 vanished after 2017 but rejoined EDF and is a member of Storm team. That's you.

And it's hinted at since at least the second venture into the caves when a guy claims the legendary hero saved him but no one else in the unit buys it. They get less skeptical as time goes on.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo fencers are so fun. Dash cancelling is insane.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

Belzac posted:

No, you're Storm 1. They say it in a mission like right before the final mission that Storm 1 vanished after 2017 but rejoined EDF and is a member of Storm team. That's you.
But that's impossible! I played through as a Wing Diver.

:stonk:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Seiren posted:

The only edf that didn't let you play as a wing diver/pale wing was the original 2017 and they fixed that in the rerelease.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seiren posted:

Some binding and armor and you'll never know the difference.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Seiren posted:

A PlayStation Vita version of the game was announced on June 5, 2012 as Earth Defense Force 3 Portable.[6] The new version will include both local and online co-operative play,[7] as well as the return of Palewing from Earth Defense Force 2.

More correctly though, canonically storm team 7 is made up of 1 of every class so you were just the back up.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Finally finished the game on Ranger. Holy poo poo 4000 damage sniper rifle I love you. The second half of the credits song had me giggling like an idiot.

Also fuuuuuck all those turrets. Dodging between buildings trying to avoid cannon fire and dragons trying to grab me while desperately reloading my next sniper shot. Still a worthy finish to the game.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
Weapon description: Cyclone Laser
"[...]Plagued with issues such as a tendency to damage those nearby, its battlefield debut ended in the death of its user and the decimation of his unit."

My new best friend for online play !!!

EDIT: Quick battle testing reveal that it's an 8 beams laser that shoot all around you. No way to not hit your team with it.

Dantes fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 28, 2014

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I just bought the DLC incase anyone wants to go through it online. GT gimea rubdown / i'm on the metatag. Needed some new stuff to go through with Fencer.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Drakenel posted:

Finally finished the game on Ranger. Holy poo poo 4000 damage sniper rifle I love you. The second half of the credits song had me giggling like an idiot.

Also fuuuuuck all those turrets. Dodging between buildings trying to avoid cannon fire and dragons trying to grab me while desperately reloading my next sniper shot. Still a worthy finish to the game.
I just beat it on Normal with the Ranger and didn't get anything fancy for it!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Man I really like this game but a full half of the online games I try to play result in me sitting at a black screen listening to the music. Whats the deal.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Hyperactive posted:

I just beat it on Normal with the Ranger and didn't get anything fancy for it!

I think he's saying he had a 4,000 damage sniper rifle and loved it, not that he got one for beating the game.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

FishBulb posted:

Man I really like this game but a full half of the online games I try to play result in me sitting at a black screen listening to the music. Whats the deal.

After the game loads, right? That's happened to me once, and the people I was playing with had never experienced it. Sorry to hear it's so frequent for you :(

Does the host restarting fix it? Try sending a message to the host next time and see..when I did they didn't see it so I eventually just left.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

FishBulb posted:

I don't even bother with online anymore. I haven't seen a server with more than 40 people in it on the PS3 side of the house.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

I'm going to start stomping through the later half of the game in a couple of minutes/half an hour, anyone care to join me?

I'm on 360 and on the metatag. send me a FR or something. GT is same as here.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Brute Force is an amazing level. :swoon:

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
It's really good for farming armor and weapons too without getting boring.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's the word on the DLC? Seems like good stuff to get another 45 levels. Are there new enemies, or just missions?

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

Fix posted:

What's the word on the DLC? Seems like good stuff to get another 45 levels. Are there new enemies, or just missions?

Only new missions as far as I've seen, but I've only played through the entirety of the first mission pack. It gets pretty insane too...
Three Argos simultaneously with flying drones?!

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Oh god the first level with shield screens ended hilariously for me.

I'm a awesome wingdiver, flying over ahead of the AI and shooting everything, finish this in like two minutes flat wheee... :toot:

:clint: 'Let the airforce try, they have honor too.'
:stare: 'Waitwhat? OH GOD RED LINES EVERYWHERE.'

KABOOM Restart y/n? Could swear in SP that stuff didn't do damage, but apparently it does.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Eurogamer.de's review is out and is one of the better examples of gaming journalism that I've seen in years

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Zero Star posted:

Eurogamer.de's review is out and is one of the better examples of gaming journalism that I've seen in years

That's seriously the greatest review I've read in my life.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
This is unironically better than anything IGN has ever published.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I agree completely with that review.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Fix posted:

There's only bullet sponge palette swapped enemies in the second one but there's enough mission variety to be worth it in my opinion. Mission 16 on the second dlc is hands down the best way to get armor and weapons but you have to be very careful on harder difficulties.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

limited posted:

Oh god the first level with shield screens ended hilariously for me.

I'm a awesome wingdiver, flying over ahead of the AI and shooting everything, finish this in like two minutes flat wheee... :toot:

:clint: 'Let the airforce try, they have honor too.'
:stare: 'Waitwhat? OH GOD RED LINES EVERYWHERE.'

KABOOM Restart y/n? Could swear in SP that stuff didn't do damage, but apparently it does.

Don't feel bad, even my Ranger ran face first into hilarious problems there. I learned the hard way that the screens don't protect YOU from air raids, just the aliens. "I'll just keep fighting them under the bubble until it passes me by-OHGOD

EDIT: That Review transcendence the boundaries of language with it's heartfelt message :allears:

Comments posted:

Apologies in advance but as an Englishman with minuscule German knowledge could someone translate the review please?

Sorry, has to be done by the editor himself. We'll ask him to do it once he stops saying edf, edf, edf over and over again.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 1, 2014

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Section Z posted:

Don't feel bad, even my Ranger ran face first into hilarious problems there. I learned the hard way that the screens don't protect YOU from air raids, just the aliens. "I'll just keep fighting them under the bubble until it passes me by-OHGOD

It's weird you say that as I was able to fight under the shields with no problems. Maybe you were too close to the edge.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

Belzac posted:

It's weird you say that as I was able to fight under the shields with no problems. Maybe you were too close to the edge.

Same here. I did get blown out of the shield by one of the hectors, dying to the air raid, still. I was so sad when they said slow moving objects can pass through the shields, and I thought "yes! Air Tortoise, it is your time to shine!" But, sadly, no.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Signed up for the PSN list but yeah I only just now made a PSN account for this game so I have zero idea what I am doing! I think I have a mic that works, it works in the menu anyway. I don't really bother signing in most of the time but I will hopefully try and get in on some action.

I got 1000/1000 Gamerscore in EDF 2017 :kamina: so I know what I am doing in-game for the most part. So far I've cleared 2525 on normal and part of hard as Ranger.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zero Star posted:

They absolutely sent a poet

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I feel like the air raider is a little weaker than the other three classes - at least before weapon level 35+ or so.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

I feel like the air raider is a little weaker than the other three classes - at least before weapon level 35+ or so.

Air Raider is definitely a slow burn. The lack of a dependable/sustainable DPS seems like a problem throughout its lifetime though.

Also not sure how they cope with spider swarms on Hard+! They just destroy my vehicles and then me two seconds later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Game owns so hard. Taking my time, just got the free xblive and started playing online. good stuff. We have returned to the heart of video games.