Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's almost shocking to see an anime about people fighting with psychic creatures and not a single card or video game to accompany it.

Well, I mean, aside from All Star Battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The animation looks so good, the music is like if someone tried to compose something out of the 90s intentionally, and the voices are so drat good.

This is too much excitement for me.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
Have they said who's doing the music for this season?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

dudermcbrohan posted:

Have they said who's doing the music for this season?

Not yet.

Definitely not gonna be Iwasaki though.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

WickedHate posted:

It's almost shocking to see an anime about people fighting with psychic creatures and not a single card or video game to accompany it.

Well, I mean, aside from All Star Battle.

There's also a JoJo card game. It's where we got a first glimpse of Jotaro and P3-DIO in the style of the TV series.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Tobaccrow posted:

There's also a JoJo card game. It's where we got a first glimpse of Jotaro and P3-DIO in the style of the TV series.

Was that a real deal card game? I thought that was just a what if style project because the site I found them on took them a down a while ago.

Also, the flow on Jotaro getting slammed against the wall. :allears: Please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Awesome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

onepixeljumpman posted:

Was that a real deal card game? I thought that was just a what if style project because the site I found them on took them a down a while ago.

Also, the flow on Jotaro getting slammed against the wall. :allears: Please don't be a fluke, please don't be a fluke.

I think it wasn't specifically a Jojo game, but one of those card games that has a lot of series in it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Iggy gets a PV.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Not yet.

Definitely not gonna be Iwasaki though.

Really? Because this latest PV definitely sounds like him to me. I know he wasn't happy with the sound direction in part 2, but maybe he decided to give it a shot with a new sound director or something. I was pretty sure Sawano was gonna end up doing the OST though.

If it is Iwasaki, the soundtrack's gonna be great. On the other hand, the idea of each part having a different composer is something I'd miss.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not Iwasaki because Iwasaki got super pissed at the production crew for how they used his songs in part 2.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jesus the animation looks so much better compared to season 1.

True, but remember that this is a PV of early episodes. Anything that ends up in the PV is going to be some of their best looking work.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I dunno, I get the feeling they're going to put 80% of the budget towards the last fight with Dio

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

True, but remember that this is a PV of early episodes. Anything that ends up in the PV is going to be some of their best looking work.

Well, they didn't even really have enough to fully fluff up the PVs of the first two parts, so the fact that they have this much is still an improvement.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did anyone else noticed the perplexing amount of detail they put on Mohammed's sweaty face? April cannot come soon enough. :allears:

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So I realized something recently

The Tower Grey stand in part 3 manifests as a Fly

The stand Superfly in part 4 is a Tower

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
The stands of the main characters in parts 3-6 are named after increasingly common materials, platinum -> diamond -> gold -> stone.

If you stretch it a bit, this trend continues into 7-8 with tusk/bones -> soft and WET

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I always thought it was kind of lame that Silver Chariot Requiem and Gold Experience Requiem were called that, instead of "upgrading the materials" of their base Stands to something like Gold Chariot and Platinum Experience.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

darealkooky posted:

The stands of the main characters in parts 3-6 are named after increasingly common materials, platinum -> diamond -> gold -> stone.

If you stretch it a bit, this trend continues into 7-8 with tusk/bones -> soft and WET
Guess that means Pt 9 will have a stand made of air and gas.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
The same person that translated the small Araki talk on the first volume of Jojonium just posted the one for volume 2. And it looks like they intend on doing all of them as they come out. This time it's focused on Will A. Zeppeli. As usual it's a pretty good read.

http://zehimonashi.tumblr.com/post/78176393287/jojonium-2-hirohiko-araki-speaks-about-character

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I love how Araki spends so much time talking about his mustache.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I like how Araki was intent on making Zeppeli seem weak but be surprisingly strong when he was built like a brick shithouse just like every other main character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr. Maltose posted:

I like how Araki was intent on making Zeppeli seem weak but be surprisingly strong when he was built like a brick shithouse just like every other main character.

I'll have you know that 12-year olds back in the Victorian Era were that big.

Hearing Araki was inspired by Drunken Master and Mr. Miyagi for Zeppeli is very fitting. I'm curious to see if anything inspired Joseph or if that's 100% his own crazy mind.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'll have you know that 12-year olds back in the Victorian Era were that big.

Hearing Araki was inspired by Drunken Master and Mr. Miyagi for Zeppeli is very fitting. I'm curious to see if anything inspired Joseph or if that's 100% his own crazy mind.

Bugs Bunny

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Beverly Hills Cop, I think it was pretty popular in Japan in the 80s.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

If Bugs was human, he definitely would be Joseph. Even got the bad cross-dressing down.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Nahxela posted:

Guess that means Pt 9 will have a stand made of air and gas.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure pt. 9: Oxygene Suite

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

LvK posted:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure pt. 9: Oxygene Suite

Already been done.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Uznare posted:

The same person that translated the small Araki talk on the first volume of Jojonium just posted the one for volume 2. And it looks like they intend on doing all of them as they come out. This time it's focused on Will A. Zeppeli. As usual it's a pretty good read.

http://zehimonashi.tumblr.com/post/78176393287/jojonium-2-hirohiko-araki-speaks-about-character

Weird, unlike Johnathan and Dio, Zeppeli looks pretty drat cool on Araki's current style. Interesting read though!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
There's nothing weird about a Zeppeli looking fabulous.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Oh, I didn't realize that was the concept of Gyro's Steel Ball. That's pretty cool.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Good news: MudaMudaMuda fansubs will be resurrected for Stardust Crusaders, so that's one good fansubbing option if the series doesn't end up being simulcasted.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
My source at Crunchyroll told me that as of now they don't know of plans to simulcast it at the moment. However this may change.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Personally I'm hoping for a resurrection of duwang.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Nahxela posted:

Oh, I didn't realize that was the concept of Gyro's Steel Ball. That's pretty cool.
I always thought it was a powerball

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Crossposting from the Space Dandy thread:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Kakyoin trailer is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-dUrGdCbw

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tower of Gray :neckbeard:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ASB voice is leagues better in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hot drat the trailers continue to be top notch. Especially the music in the Kakyoin trailer is fantastic.

• Locked thread