Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coco bryce
Jun 23, 2007
I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness.

NippleFloss posted:

I'm not sure that transferring from a middling ACC program into the starting spot on a team that went to the Rose Bowl the previous year qualifies him as a mental giant.

He transferred to Wisconsin because he wanted to prove that he could succeed in a pro style offense. I believe that decision reveals that he was thinking about (& acting on!) the necessary system & stylistic aspects about his future transition to the NFL.

This isn't a knock on Manziel! I'm just saying that Wilson has always been a "++" prospect in terms of planning & self-improvement. Manziel probably isn't on the same level, which doesn't mean that he won't succeed in the NFL. But it's still a consideration, just like everything else about a prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
The jaguars early analysis of qb seems to be:

1) Manziel (specifically touted professionalism)
2) McCarron
3) Thomas

They didn't like Bridgewater at all. So at the moment it seems if Manziel isn't there they'll go pass rush and take McCarron or Thomas later.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

himurak posted:

2) McCarron
3) Thomas

They didn't like Bridgewater at all. So at the moment it seems if Manziel isn't there they'll go pass rush and take McCarron or Thomas later.

They didn't like Bridgewater at all. Loved Manziel and McCarron. I guess "douchebag" is a prerequisite for being the face of the franchise for Khan.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Toymachine posted:

They didn't like Bridgewater at all. Loved Manziel and McCarron. I guess "douchebag" is a prerequisite for being the face of the franchise for Khan.

I'd guess they're lying.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

himurak posted:

2) McCarron
3) Thomas

Didn't somebody just post that the Jaguars' interview with Bridgewater went really well and everybody came out laughing/smiling or something?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Chichevache posted:

I'd guess they're lying.
If it were really true and the Browns taking Carr is true, then if the Texans take Clowney, the Raiders can grab Teddy. Amazing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NippleFloss posted:

SEC fans spent two years talking about how Manziel was going to get destroyed when he played X team, and his bullshit only worked because he was playing scrubs, but it never really happened. He had a shoulder injury that kept him out for a couple of games, that was pretty similar to the Aaron Rodgers injury this year, where he landed on it awkwardly with a defensive guy on top of him. And he hurt his thumb. But he didn't really take a bunch of hard hits. That's not to say that he will be the same in the NFL, but this idea that he's an un-coachable moron who will literally just be running around in circles until he gets his head taken off is pretty ridiculous. A&M never asked him to stop doing that stuff because it worked, and because they would have won like 4 games a year without it. He could tone it down in the NFL and play safer and still be very effective running.

His first college game was a loss against Florida, so I'm not really sure you're remembering the "narrative" correctly.

Also, I live in SEC country and I've never heard anyone say that about Manziel. It's always either fear of playing against him, or criticism of his personality.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nawid posted:

If it were really true and the Browns taking Carr is true, then if the Texans take Clowney, the Raiders can grab Teddy. Amazing.

The Browns were rumored to take Carr with their second first round pick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

The Browns were rumored to take Carr with their second first round pick.

I for a second thought, "where did the Browns get a second first?" Then I started laughing nearly uncontrollably.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I for a second thought, "where did the Browns get a second first?" Then I started laughing nearly uncontrollably.

The sad part is that Richardson could be great if he weren't too stupid to run forward. He's physically outstanding.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The sad part is supposedly they're going to have to let Donald Brown walk because of Trent

Unless that changed recently with the increase to the cap? Then again I don't see how that would affect it, the Colts were already flush with cap space

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Intruder posted:

The sad part is supposedly they're going to have to let Donald Brown walk because of Trent

Unless that changed recently with the increase to the cap? Then again I don't see how that would affect it, the Colts were already flush with cap space

The Colts have just north of $40 million in cap space. The issue is that Brown can likely make the same or better money as a starter/solid #2 on another team, so he wouldn't be inclined to stay. I don't really have a problem with letting him walk since Ballard will be back, I'm willing to give Richardson another year before condemning him, Brown didn't show anything at all until his contract year so I don't think we'd be losing a special talent or anything, and our money is better spent on other positions/rolling into the future for Luck and Hilton's deals. I definitely would not be shocked to see us take a flyer on a RB late in the draft or sign somebody cheap in FA, but Ballard and Richardson will be our primary platoon.

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

Manziel might run nearly as fast as Kaep but Kaep looks (yeahhhhhh) a lot faster on the field. He's also larger. Also the 49ers practically never let him run last year because of injury concern. Also Steve Young's career ended because his brain got turned to soup scrambling so let's not forget that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
After disappearing from the Combine, former SDSU RB Adam Muema has been found in a Florida airport. He told people that came to pick him up that God told him to spend three days at the airport and not tell anyone.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress he's got some serious mental issues
:negative:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What are they putting in the water in San Diego?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Like I said, Muema has been kind of off-kilter mentally ever since the incident he had back in 2010.

Here's the story: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/Aug/19/adam-muema-san-diego-state/

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
The Browns taking Carr is a smoke screen, everything I'm reading is essentially saying whichever of the top 3 QBs left they'll take.

God, let it be a smokescreen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Like I said, Muema has been kind of off-kilter mentally ever since the incident he had back in 2010.

Here's the story: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/Aug/19/adam-muema-san-diego-state/

He's also still at the age when schizophrenia can manifest. Obviously Internet speculation is pointless, but it is worth keeping in mind.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Maybe God's actually speaking to him? You ever think of that?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Well then it means God's favorite team is the Seahawks, so you better hope it is demonic possession.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

I thought of it but then some one hit me with a baseball bat and now things are kinda fuzzy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Well then it means God's favorite team is the Seahawks, so you better hope it is demonic possession.

I hope so too, that way some day God will salt loving Seattle off the face of the earth for their false idols and lovely coffee.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Muema actually goes to the Seahawks and supplants Lynch as a Pro Bowl star, I'll probably start going back to church.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

If Muema actually goes to the Seahawks and supplants Lynch as a Pro Bowl star, I'll probably start going back to church.

I wouldn't go to church, but I'd be pretty stoked for him. That's a hell of a thing, getting slammed in the head with a baseball bat.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Doltos posted:

Sure, it's more evidence that god is a dick. I buy it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I feel bad because I think the guy could have been a solid contributer to an NFL team. He wasn't quite as good as Ronnie Hillman was at SDSU, but he had much better hands and didn't fumble the way Hillman did. I hope San Diego picks him up as an UDFA just to see what he can do.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gods a bandwagoner

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I feel bad because I think the guy could have been a solid contributer to an NFL team. He wasn't quite as good as Ronnie Hillman was at SDSU, but he had much better hands and didn't fumble the way Hillman did. I hope San Diego picks him up as an UDFA just to see what he can do.

What was the name of that SDSU quarterback you thought was going to do well?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What was the name of that SDSU quarterback you thought was going to do well?

I thought if Ryan Lindley went to a good situation and was sat for two years because of how raw he was, he could be a good player. Obviously none of those things happened.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I remember thinking the same thing about Chris Leak back in 2006. Homer bros!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I remember thinking the same thing about Chris Leak back in 2006. Homer bros!

When Matt Gutierrez came out of Idaho State I thought he'd make a great Arena League backup.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 1, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Blaine...never mind.

Seriously though just give Chase Daniel a chance. Also give Brad Smith a full off season with good coaching and who knows what could happen?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Grittybeard posted:

Blaine...never mind.

Seriously though just give Chase Daniel a chance. Also give Brad Smith a full off season with good coaching and who knows what could happen?

Martin Rucker is breaking out this year.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Case McCoy is going to be the better McCoy. Just you wait...

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Disillusionist posted:

Case McCoy is going to be the better McCoy. Just you wait...

I will laugh my rear end off if any team drafts Case McCoy. Hell, even if someone signs him as a free agent.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doltos posted:

Hopefully God is speaking to him as a blonde woman in a red dress.

God has a plan for you, Muema...

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Zoran posted:

I will laugh my rear end off if any team drafts Case McCoy. Hell, even if someone signs him as a free agent.

A cowboys board poster expressed desire for Garrett Gilbert in the 4th :barf:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'll say as a homer that... uhhh Stephen McGee is a great Canadian league Quatrback and Jerod Johnson is great on practice teams.

They could have been good if they had intact shoulders :colbert:

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

himurak posted:

2) McCarron
3) Thomas

Can you source this? The only thing I've read that falls remotely in this realm is that Manziel knew everyone's name in the room without having previously met them. I've seen nothing that shows them.being high on McCarron or Thomas. All the fan sites seem to make it look like it is Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr or Fales and then Garoppolo

• Locked thread