Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus he noted that he knew Natsu.

I thought Silver recognizing Natsu might possibly lead to explaining if Natsu and Gajeel are secretly hundres of years old.

e: New page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Zogundar posted:

I saw a good point that shoots down the Future Gray theory. If it were Gray from the Future, he'd have known that Atlas wasn't a demon. And he'd have known who fixed that. He seemed to think Natsu took care of it.

Not necessarily. He might not have been there originally, and him being in the past has changed the present.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/369/2230/1

That's quite a cliffhanger.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hahahaha, I'll just transfer the key to myself, no way this could backfire

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
I can't believe that the Ex-Chairman was stupid enough to transfer the final key needed to unseal FACE, to himself. When he knows that they will kill whoever has it. :doh:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

KoB posted:

Not necessarily. He might not have been there originally, and him being in the past has changed the present.

But wouldn't that change his memor- okay that's getting a little too deep into paradox territory for me. My head hurts enough just thinking about Temporal Modification Negation Theory.

Fairy Tail 369
I am okay with this cop-out of making it so Jellal doesn't have to die. I am also okay with the incredibly obvious betrayal against the ex-chairman. This is because I was getting sick of that unwarranted smug smile of his. Natsu thoroughly punched his teeth out once already. Him being punched again wouldn't cut it.

Also though unlikely, Mashima could be setting up a Wrath of Khan first act fakeout to make everyone lower their guard. :tinfoil:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Wait I'm confused. I know Jellal is always bullshit, but usually his bullshit come backs at least take a chapter or two. In this chapter one of the Oracien Seis guys shouts about him crushing his own eyes to escape an illusion magic of some kind, Jellal spends a few pages with his eyes closed and then by the end of the chapter he's screaming at one of them with eyes open again. Did I miss something or is Jellal's bullshit getting stronger?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
@tsob

Yeah, I thought the same. I hope it's some sort of translation glitch.

As for the cliffhanger, now would be a great time for Gildarts to show up and be the living DEM we know he can be

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
What? Okay. Erza got out of the same spell of Midnight's in the Seis arc because she has one artificial eye, and the artificial eye wasn't affected in the same way, allowing her to see what was actually going on. Gerard just got out of the spell by... blinding himself? Destroying his own eyes? What? That doesn't enable him to see through illusions, it stops him from seeing at all! The only similarity between their two plans is that both of the nouns involved are 'eye'!

Also, what the Christing gently caress did that smug rear end in a top hat think would happen? Turning yourself into one of the people your evil allies want dead is a lovely, lovely plan even when said evil allies aren't demons with a total disregard for human life. The only way he could have had a worse plan is if instead he'd mutilated himself, blown up everything in a mile radius with celestial fire, and then grabbed the haggard survivors and screamed into their faces about friendship and teamwork while blood dripped from the ruin of his eye sockets.

I'm thinking the Seis will surrender, if only because they've suddenly realised that Gerard is the author's favourite character. His eyes will probably have spontaneously grown back by next chapter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not that the chairman wasn't being dumb but... it kind of seems like the demons are being just as dumb? I mean, he's under their thumb anyway and is supposedly the only one who can use this apparently extremely useful super archive, kind of seems like they've thrown away something really valuable!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Not that the chairman wasn't being dumb but... it kind of seems like the demons are being just as dumb? I mean, he's under their thumb anyway and is supposedly the only one who can use this apparently extremely useful super archive, kind of seems like they've thrown away something really valuable!

He won't be able to use Super Archive after Face goes off anyway.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rodyle posted:

The Face system they're trying to gain access to will render all magic void across the entire continent in perpetuity, leaving only them with power since they don't use magic but demon power. Which makes you wonder why he worked with them in the first place. Having magic seems like a pretty sweet deal to me, why would you help someone get rid of it for you and everyone else?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

tsob posted:

The Face system they're trying to gain access to will render all magic void across the entire continent in perpetuity, leaving only them with power since they don't use magic but demon power. Which makes you wonder why he worked with them in the first place. Having magic seems like a pretty sweet deal to me, why would you help someone get rid of it for you and everyone else?

I assumed Kyouka brainwashed him, but come to think of it, that would mean he's a demon now and would be able to use Super Archive after Face anyway.

Prediction: Face will succeed, but Fairy Tail will use Ex-Balls to get their powers back.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 1, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

tsob posted:

Silver2195 posted:

I assumed Kyouka brainwashed him, but come to think of it, that would mean he's a demon now and would be able to use Super Archive after Face anyway.

Prediction: Face will succeed, but Fairy Tail will use Ex-Balls to get their powers back.

See that's the thing: I figured the Archive and probably other stuff would be exempt because otherwise it really does make no sense on any level to work with the demons.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Rodyle posted:

See that's the thing: I figured the Archive and probably other stuff would be exempt because otherwise it really does make no sense on any level to work with the demons.

See they'll have powers still, and he'll have amazing status because they like him because he helped them. It's foolproof!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

tsob posted:

Wait I'm confused. I know Jellal is always bullshit, but usually his bullshit come backs at least take a chapter or two. In this chapter one of the Oracien Seis guys shouts about him crushing his own eyes to escape an illusion magic of some kind, Jellal spends a few pages with his eyes closed and then by the end of the chapter he's screaming at one of them with eyes open again. Did I miss something or is Jellal's bullshit getting stronger?

He unlocked his Mangekyo Sharingan, duh. :spergin:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

He unlocked his Mangekyo Sharingan, duh. :spergin:

I guess he got it when Ultear died? :v:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Chapter 370 (I'm afraid to provide a link because :filez:)

I love how often the main cast is wiped out in this. :v:

I also love how now even Natsu's one undisputed victory against Tartaros has been completely invalidated excepting as a personal temporary inconvenience to Jackal.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm loving the new Tartarus girl. She flips from silly to serious so quickly and is just so boy crazy, it's hilarious. She pretty much has to meet Juvia and Gray at some point.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Speculation: Ice Demon guy is Gray's father remodeled into a Demon by the new Tartarus girl.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ice Demon guy is, if not time traveling Gray who is also his own father, Ultear who reformed and was turned into a guy because the new girl is boy-crazy. He hates Gray because it was his fault he spent like 20 years as a block of ice.

I'm joking, of course. With Mashima, foreshadowing a relationship just means he will make up the whole thing instead of connecting it to prior events. The ice demon is a completely new character who has never been mentioned at any point in the manga prior to the giant village arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 8, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Whoops, until now I thought the demon lady with the horns was Minerva.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sindai posted:

Whoops, until now I thought the demon lady with the horns was Minerva.

She was the one who recruited/captured Minerva.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
No, I mean the one who got Elfman.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New Chapter

Sometimes Mashima just says, "You know who gets to be cool this week? Everyone."

But the coolest is always Erza in the end :allears:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Boooorrrrrring. Things were interesting last chapter! I was thinking, how will fairy tail get out of this? rear end pull cardifying everyone without even touching them. Then the prisoners escape. Great setup, really lovely execution.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I don't think this is a full turnaround just yet (They did bring their borg cube there to destroy Fairy Tail.) In fact the three against one odds against Kyouka probably puts her at the advantage. Conservation of Ninjutsu and all that. Unless Natsu and Lisanna just leave and let Erza knock her around. Man I'm glad RPGs don't work this way.

And I think we all knew trying to turn Mira into a demon would never work.

I wonder what the "Heavenly Dragon" in the title referred to. Doesn't seem relevant yet.

I liked the reference to Shou, I guess Cana met him some time after the time skip?

Silver is starting to sound like a secret traitor. Letting Happy go, giving Lisanna something to wear, possibly giving Natsu a sword (A FIRE sword.) I hope this is not the case, I want my dramatic showdown vs. Gray, dammit.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Chapter 372

Huh, it looks like Kyouka is hardly even putting up a fight. I wonder if she's really going to be beaten that easily or if she can actually fight back. Weird.

So now Zeref has showed up and we haven't even seen E.N.D. yet aaaand now I have zero idea where this is going. Until that happened it almost looked like this arc was getting ready to wrap up and might even be done in time to include it in the new anime (Well, technically still possible.)

Each successive arc has been longer than the previous one though, hasn't it? The Grand Magic Games arc was pretty drat long for Fairy Tail, it'd be weird to finish this before it even reaches half of that length (And that's if we include the last tiny arc as being part of this one.)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Erza really is the best thing about this manga. That aside, is Fairy Tail doing gangbusters in volume releases over in Japan or something to say it's getting another "event" publishing multiple chapters in a short time frame? Has any other manga done this?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

tsob posted:

Erza really is the best thing about this manga.
Yup.

Also, if I remember my physics correctly, if you were to somehow bore a hole through the center of a planet and then jump down, you would forever oscillate back and forth between the two ends of the hole, barring wind resistance etc.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

New Chapter

Crazy plot speculation:
END is actually Natsu/someone from the guild/someone we've met before.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Evil Natsu Dragneel? Plot twist, Igneel couldn't kill END because he was just so adorbs with his little baby face and all.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

attackbunny posted:

Evil Natsu Dragneel?

That makes a disturbing amount of sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

That makes a disturbing amount of sense.

Well, except for the sense part.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, except for the sense part.

It's not completely non-sensical.

E.N.D. is someone Igneel couldn't kill, or perhaps, could not bring himself to kill.
Natsu is over 80 years old or something.
Zeref was waiting for Natsu to kill him on Tenroujima. The same Natsu who was still wishing he could beat Erza (Not to disparage Erza mind you.)
And E.N.D. is the strongest demon Zeref created.
Silver mistook Atlas Flame for a demon and went kinda overkill to freeze him.
Silver recognized Natsu's name at least and threw him in jail instead of killing him.
Only E.N.D. or Natsu are allowed to meet him. Perhaps because the two are mutually exclusive.

It's not without flaws but it's not the most outlandish theory I've heard.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You're really over/under thinking the "E" part. It could be Edolas, Earthland, Exceed, some other country in either Earthland or Edolas that begins with E, or a new dimension that also starts with E. There's also the high likelyhood it's another Jellal.

Perhaps E.N.D. stands for Eternal Nihilist Drama

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way, the 80 years old thing isn't exclusive to Natsu anyway. I think it's just like dragonslayers having part of a Dragon's soul in them or something.

Either way that's easily the dumbest theory I've seen in this thread so far.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
END is Natsu's nanomachine fueled twin fetus driving a Sherman Tank

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This skeleton guy looks pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Only one of the demons has memory problems. The rest probably remember the person who founded their guild.

• Locked thread