Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

I promised I would write this. And God help me, I WILL WRITE THIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

AzureRequiem posted:

I promised I would write this. And God help me, I WILL WRITE THIS.

This will either be wonderful and amazing, or it is going to be a trainwreck worth watching.
:munch:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Glad to see that we've reached the ironic fanfic portion of games threads.

Frost should be the rich rear end in a top hat. He has a tie and everything

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Paging Kaldaris...

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
I won't post it if it would be considered derailing the thread.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:frogsiren: Alert right now on Mercury, for a forma blueprint.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 28, 2014

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

AzureRequiem posted:

I won't post it if it would be considered derailing the thread.

Then write fanfic about the patch notes instead!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Three Stooges invade me when no goons are up, and my pubbies refuse to revive because "you can't kill those guys, they are scripted to kill you." Killed two of them before the host decided to gently caress off, and I lost everything. :shepicide:

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
On the one hand I'm pretty psyched that I encountered three death squads in ~1.5 hours of play. On the other hand I only need one Brakk barrel not three :negative:

Azran posted:

The Three Stooges invade me when no goons are up, and my pubbies refuse to revive because "you can't kill those guys, they are scripted to kill you." Killed two of them before the host decided to gently caress off, and I lost everything. :shepicide:

I've been geared to solo them which proved prescient since in the last mission I encountered them pubbies were like "Lotus says not to kill them" and ran for extraction.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 28, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Really?

We joke about how bad the general playerbase is, but they just are the worst.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
And I thought pubbies running up to constantly try and melee Kril was the worst thing I'd see.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Should i be selling extra blueprints / parts that i come across or is there something else i should be doing with them? For example I have 3 or 4 Rhino heads.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Prime blueprints and parts can be traded. Other than those, go ahead and sell your extras.

Y'all shouldn't bag on pubbies for doing exactly what the game tells them to do. We want them to listen to the game so that when DE implements actual tutorials and guides they'll work.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 28, 2014

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Vauban Chassis blueprint alert at Epimethus - Saturn for the next hour!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is it me, or has literally every Vauban alert for the last 1+ months been chassis/helmet, with not a single systems?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Is it me, or has literally every Vauban alert for the last 1+ months been chassis/helmet, with not a single systems?

Was a systems early in the month, finished my Vauban with it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Killsion posted:

Was a systems early in the month, finished my Vauban with it.

God drat it, I missed that one. I've had chassis and helmet for four or five months now, with systems the only one I need. :argh:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Are the alerts and invasions cross system? If not dudes posting about them should specify which platform.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

T3 Defense: Looking into the vortex.
Alternatively: DE fix your loving poo poo already.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

InfinityComplex posted:

T3 Defense: Looking into the vortex.
Alternatively: DE fix your loving poo poo already.

I'm confused as to what this is - tornadoes and Vortex? Tornadoes and Tesla?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
between 21 and 30 Vortexes.

edit: actually that may have been the first salvo which was about 12

Denzine fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 1, 2014

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Ajax posted:

Paging Kaldaris...

Where are the rules? What is the game? Tell me!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Got a Gorgon blueprint for logging in. I like the idea of the Gorgon - is it any good? What should I do with it, aside from shoot things and fill it with a potato and many jigsaw puzzle pieces?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's basically a Soma, but worse in about every way that matters. You can't even take advantage of good accuracy to pop off headshots without going full auto, since the thing is so inaccurate to begin with.

I didn't like it very much.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

doomfunk posted:

Got a Gorgon blueprint for logging in. I like the idea of the Gorgon - is it any good? What should I do with it, aside from shoot things and fill it with a potato and many jigsaw puzzle pieces?

It's a solid gun, but atm, a Soma at rank 6 is far better. It used to have the pinpoint first shot accuracy and higher damage but if you like it go ahead and potato/forma it like I did.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

The Gorgon is waaaaay too inaccurate to be useful, in my experience. It works as a spray-and-pray weapon, except for the part where it's very low damage and takes a few seconds to wind up to any reasonable level of speed. I'd recommend against investing heavily in it unless you REALLY like it.

Steelion is pretty much right; imagine a Soma but with all the things that make the Soma good, made bad.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I potato'd my Gorgon and had fun with it. You just need a maxed Speed Trigger to make the wind-up time not suck ridiculously. But who cares, you're going to level it anyway because MORE MASTERY FOR THE MASTERY GOD!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
So what more is there to making new Frames than completing a Blueprint? I've claimed the Banshee chassis blueprint, thinking that this would give me a new Frame, but it doesn't - is it just a part of another, larger blueprint?

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
Each frame blueprint requires 3 parts: the helmet, chassis, and systems. Each of those parts have blueprints that you get from bosses, void, and other places.

Edit: You can buy most non-prime warframe blueprints from the market.

Lagonazer fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 1, 2014

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Szurumbur posted:

So what more is there to making new Frames than completing a Blueprint? I've claimed the Banshee chassis blueprint, thinking that this would give me a new Frame, but it doesn't - is it just a part of another, larger blueprint?

There's the Frame BP, which requires you to build the Chassis, Helmet, and Systems for that particular frame. To build those pieces, you need the blueprint from various bosses or missions. The wiki has the info.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Szurumbur posted:

There are three component blueprints: chassis, helmet, and systems. You also need an overall blueprint that takes one each of the constructed component blueprints and some Orokin cells. For non-Prime frames, the component blueprints for a given frame drop from a specific boss, and you buy the blueprint on the marketplace. For the Prime frames, both the component and overall blueprints drop in Orokin Tower (and some Orokin Void) missions. Certain frames need to either have their blueprints purchased from the dojo (Banshee, Volt, Zephyr) or obtained as rare drops from a certain mission type/location combination (Banshee, Volt).

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
No wonder people turn to outright buying the Frames using Platinum :v: Thanks!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Szurumbur posted:

No wonder people turn to outright buying the Frames using Platinum :v: Thanks!

Someone said it before in this thread that the crafting is similar to that of Monster Hunter, and I'm inclined to agree. I know it's all RNG for the most part, but my experience so far has been that it's quite easy to obtain the parts of the frames while leveling other stuff. Aside from Vauban, frames are easy to farm up, and with the Tenno lab available I feel it's even easier. It's a time and money sink like anything else, it just seems to take a lot of effort at first. Impulse plat buying from new players is probably a large chunk of the income for this game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pretty much any weapon you can shove a potato and five formas or so on it to turn it into a killing machine (provided you have the correct mods). This even includes the Mk. 1 Braton.

I have three catalysts, two reactors and seven formas that I have no idea what to do with.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

PS4 alert: Elara (Jupiter): Enemy Support Squadrons Located - 114m - 5800cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint)

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.

Big Floppy posted:

PS4 alert: Elara (Jupiter): Enemy Support Squadrons Located - 114m - 5800cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint)

Excellent. I made it home just in time for this one. In 84 hours I'll have myself a Vauban. Got a frost prime coming out of the oven in 32 hours. Just in time to have the globe nerfed.

With the tenno lab coming out soon I'll have all kinds of new frames to play with.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

To be fair the nerf really just took the globe from "completely broken" to "useful".

I mean the amount of damage upper level enemies can pump out would eat it. Stuff like Cicero Crisis would be awful to do now what with the high level Eviscerators and a defense target.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
The nerf to globe just secured Loki's position doing frost's job better than him.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So Conclave is pretty cool. Did the one on Pluto and idled AFK long enough to be shot to death, won the next two, left. Neat little distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Also Zephyr with Turbulence is a pretty good substitute, though your example of Cicero Crisis Loki would still be the best since they target is too large to be protected by Turbulence.