Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
The shading on page 31 is insane. I don't think I've ever seen a manga drawing convey such a deep sense of actual lighting.

edit vvv - oops, yeah, page 31.

Graviija fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

God drat, there is some absolutely stunning pages in this one. Judging from the abrupt ending, I think we're going to get some additions to it like we did last chapter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Graviija posted:

The shading on page 33 is insane. I don't think I've ever seen a manga drawing convey such a deep sense of actual lighting.
Do you mean 31? I really like Geluganshp, or black octopus. His design is really cool. I know it's really simple but page 31 was amazing.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

JosephWongKS posted:

Once Murata catches up on Onepunch-Man, he can start redrawing ONE's other manga Mob Psycho 100.

Yeah but considering the pace of things, that won't be for another 2 years at least.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Revdomezehis posted:

Yeah but considering the pace of things, that won't be for another 2 years at least.

Just in time for ONE to release 4 chapters then.

coathat
May 21, 2007

You can buy a digital version of volume one now. http://www.viz.com/manga/digital/one-punch-man-volume-1/1951

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

coathat posted:

You can buy a digital version of volume one now. http://www.viz.com/manga/digital/one-punch-man-volume-1/1951

When can I buy it in print?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Here's the thing he used for the spaceship interior

http://shop.spoon-tamago.com/products/papas-maze

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah, gimme the big gold leaf leather-bound tome this deserves.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PaganGoatPants posted:

Hasn't been announced for print afaik. If I remember I'll check Diamond tomorrow.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I found this video made for One-punch Man, and I like it best, especially since it showcases how awesome No-License Rider is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWefSrqDtLE

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

jwang posted:

I found this video made for One-punch Man, and I like it best, especially since it showcases how awesome No-License Rider is:

I hate this video for making me feel old, since that song will never be on the radio again (nobody listens to the radio anymore)

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Wait 10 more years and it'll be played on the classics stations! Then you can reminisce about those sepia toned days where the rock was bad and the radio was worse, and complain about how whippersnappers these days be playing their loud newfangled music on whatever mobile devices they have.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Normal Punch Combo will always make me laugh, no matter how many times I see its name.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

jwang posted:

I love how naturally the art lends it self to the bits of animation added, even for the non flipbook style chapters.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

jwang posted:

That is absolutely amazing! Zerilan is right: Murata's art is so good that it basically transcends normal 2-D illustration.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

jwang posted:

But where's the comedy?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

jwang posted:

It's cool seeing how this MAD has grown since the first version came out. The No Way In Hell video suits the tone of OPM better but this one is technically better.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

But where's the comedy?

The last Saitama frame had me giggling like an idiot for what it's worth.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

jwang posted:

How the hell did they do this? What program did they use to make the video? Any guesses?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Parrotine posted:

How the hell did they do this? What program did they use to make the video? Any guesses?

For the most part is looks like a lot of it could be done in After Effects.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gifs...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
New raw is up.

Boros powering up is absolutely loving hilarious.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

AnonSpore posted:

New raw is up.

Boros powering up is absolutely loving hilarious.

That last page...

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Sweet, whens the anime ou...oh. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ak Gara posted:

Sweet, whens the anime ou...oh. :v:
We need to clone Murata and fill an anime studio full of his clones. It will be the greatest achievement of humanity ever. :argh:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nyaa posted:

We need to clone Murata and fill an anime studio full of his clones. It will be the greatest achievement of humanity ever. :argh:

And then thanks to how the anime industry works, only the fittest clones would manage not to starve to death. Too bad they would never receive enough of a budget to animate anything well.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Here is a thought--

Saitama's stated secret to gaining superpowers is to do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and run 10 km a day, yes? Well, as the characters noted in that chapter, it's clearly just a kind of routine fitness regimen, nothing special. Except for one detail-- they are all factors of ten!

Therefore, I deduce that the true secret to superpowers is not the training regimen per se, but rather to do everything in one's life over the course of a year in multiples of ten.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Here is a thought--

Saitama's stated secret to gaining superpowers is to do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and run 10 km a day, yes? Well, as the characters noted in that chapter, it's clearly just a kind of routine fitness regimen, nothing special. Except for one detail-- they are all factors of ten!

Therefore, I deduce that the true secret to superpowers is not the training regimen per se, but rather to do everything in one's life over the course of a year in multiples of ten.

The true secret is never giving up and continuing on even when your body is wracked in pain and telling you to stop.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

DrSunshine posted:

Here is a thought--

Why don't the pathetic nerds who jack off ten times a day becomes invincible spaceship-smashers then?

Because I want in on that

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You have to turn off the A/C in the summer.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Soulcleaver posted:

Why don't the pathetic nerds who jack off ten times a day becomes invincible spaceship-smashers then?

Because, unfortunately, the human body cannot be trained to produce precisely 10 liters of cum a day.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soulcleaver posted:

Nerds who jack off ten times a day either lack enough money for three meals a day, or lack enough discipline to limit themselves to only three meals a day.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Nahxela posted:

You have to turn off the A/C in the summer.
This guy's reply was the funniest.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
Translation for chapter 34

Well Might have to rename the series TWO punch man?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Onepunch-Man 43

Assuming that prophesy is translated correctly, I'd guess that it was actually about Bang. But you know, 20 years ago or whatever. You've got to take into account travel time, evil dude.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The armor to hold my power is broken!!!

:geno: Ok.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The overly detailed panel followed by a crudely drawn one is a joke that will never stop being funny.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unknownone posted:

Translation for chapter 34

Well Might have to rename the series TWO punch man?

The name is a play on Anpan Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure why Saitama isn't more excited about someone surviving a punch. Hasn't he been looking for a real fight since like the first chapter?