Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Slaapaav posted:

Spend a month playing only deathmatch then play a competitive match and see if anything feels different. Or quit playing because anything over 50 ping is basically not fun to play on. Since you are in Korea maybe start playing League of legends where you can probably get constant sub 20 pings anywhere in the country.

Pretty much this, though I'm really not sure why his ping is so bad. Most of the Korean players I see are at about 60~80ms, Chinese usually highest at 80~120ms while Singaporeans are at a constant 5ms. It isn't so bad when everyone has the same 70~ ping.

steady 265ms to the goonpug server :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Nobody's told you this but I think it's obvious and I want to let you know, this is really amateurish looking. The illustration particularly. Try using a vector image editor for the design and do one with nothing but pure solid colors. It should help you do something that looks more professional if you use it right.

The shading here is really "ten seconds in GIMP" looking, the colors are bad and the text is clearly a really corny free font. I'd suggest removing the text or doing it by hand, or at least using a better free font if you can find one.

It was just something I did for fun anyway :toot: Thanks for being honest about it. Gotta start somewhere.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Got into a random MM match today on a team with some fellow goons, not sure if they post in this thread but: leg penis

Good times.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

stickyfngrdboy posted:

OK so there's more there than I thought there was heh. and mine also alerts team mates that i've switched voice off so they know they can bitch about me while I lose the round for them.

I toggle voice on and off a dozen times every round this would spam the chat like crazy

astr0man posted:

code:
// toggle voice mute
voice_enable 1
bind PGDN "voice_t"
alias voice_t "voice_off"
alias voice_on "alias voice_t voice_off; voice_enable 1"
alias voice_off "alias voice_t voice_on; voice_enable 0"
Change PGDN to whatever key you want

You can also just

code:
bind v "toggle voice_enable"

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULD69SqkheA

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

a slime posted:

I toggle voice on and off a dozen times every round this would spam the chat like crazy

You can also just

code:
bind v "toggle voice_enable"

:aaa: huh didn't know that.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RadioPassive posted:

I'm not sure. Does that make up for the 99 other times that you're one of the T's getting poo poo on?

Yes, yes it does. :colbert:

(Honestly my last six or seven MM games have been pretty evenly matched, so maybe I'm just getting lucky.)

This is a classic, but drat I laughed way too hard when he asked if he had the mod version or the retail version. So many memories.

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 1, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Love Stole the Day posted:

The server said that I never hit him at all (nothing in the console log after he turned around and headshotted me). Yet this is what showimpacts says I did to him in the game's demo.

---

Also, relevant match replay demo in case anyone cares to see evidence:
I am 'sentir'

---

Sorry to stink up the thread a bit. I just wanted to let it out in case anyone else knows how I feel because I really feel like the only one.

Stop moving and shooting (it was my biggest sin among many) and only two goons are allowed to buy UMPs and you are not one of them :colbert:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
bind "/" "incrementvar voice_scale 0 0.5 0.5"

Enjoy.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

2 minutes and 30 seconds into the conversation with what I can safely assume is the second staff member of this support line or whatever, and he has yet to state what his issue is with the game, just that he's "not getting support". I don't get it.

Fake edit: Oh. He always dies.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Is there anyway to make it so cs go doesn't lag when I am not focused on the game? I have two monitors and I play in fullscreen windowed mode. However when I start using a different screen the screen wtih cs go on it lags a lot, it cuts down a ton of fps. I know dota used to do this but there was a command to fix it, and that command doesn't appear to exist in cs go.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Cuntpunch posted:

Master Guardian here, I watched the first half and saw a couple of common things:

Your buying is crazy. UMP without Armor after losing Pistol round(and consecutive rounds).

You have a seriously troubled love affair with running-and-gunning: From the aforementioned Round 1 death throughout the rounds I watched you just kind of ran around spraying almost constantly. The problem is that movement in Counterstrike severely affects the aim and spread of your fire, even in pistols. This combined with the T rifles makes for extremely random accuracy and fire. There's just a ton of instances where you are stationary - you see an enemy, so you start running around non-stop while spraying - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

None of this is to say that you should just sit still and not move while shooting at someone, but you should learn to practice the stutter-step: While not moving tap off a few shots, then strafe a short, random distance and come to a stop to tap off a few more, then repeat. It keeps you moving, so the enemy has to keep adjusting their aim, but it also keeps your firing much more accurate than if you were to fire while moving.

"makes for extremely random accuracy and fire"

Let me stop you right there. All weapon spread patterns are locked in and never change. Standing and running spreads are different for all weapons but they will always land in the same areas. There is no true loss to accuracy if you trust this spread over your crosshair. Your crosshair should be used as a baseline box so you can judge where your bullets are going to land. Running and gunning with automatic weapons is a skill you need to learn because it isn't possible to breach and clear without moving. While standing will give you the most crosshair accurate fire you will sacrifice evasion for it. Playing the game like it is high noon cowboy duels is what professional counter strike players excel at. Juking these motherfuckers throws them for a loop as well as rushing them when you are at a "disadvantage" really surprises most of them. In goonmans a great deal of the better players are getting used to my bullshit but still time and time again I am killing them with a 1200 dollar gun that I can buy every loving round no matter what happens.

The point is standing still gives both you an your target the best shot where as Z runs and acting like a madman gives only you the best shot. You simply need to know where your weapon of choice spray pattern is when running and adjust. Ump pulls up left and then does a left right left about one inch above the crosshair before you jack knife.

Doing run and gunning with SMGs is reliant on a few skills:

- Accurately guessing what your target is doing before you begin attacking (Pushing, Holding, Throwing, Switching spots, Rotating, or Avoiding)
- Knowing your weapon spray pattern adjustment for running
- Knowing where jerkoffs hide and who is playing where.
- High map awareness (As a highly mobile player you will only be successful on flanks and surprise attacks)

This is probably not the best way to be playing Counter Strike but I consider it highly entertaining and know it works for me. If you want to be a topfrag never die shitlord then go with the normal lame way of playing (Sneak, Hide, Bait) bullshit. If you want to die with honor and glory and rattle the gently caress out of some cages then strap on the nikes.

TLDR: Get hosed Losers, UMP is best weapon.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Let me stop you right there. All weapon spread patterns are locked in and never change. Standing and running spreads are different for all weapons but they will always land in the same areas. There is no true loss to accuracy if you trust this spread over your crosshair. Your crosshair should be used as a baseline box so you can judge where your bullets are going to land. Running and gunning with automatic weapons is a skill you need to learn because it isn't possible to breach and clear without moving. While standing will give you the most crosshair accurate fire you will sacrifice evasion for it. Playing the game like it is high noon cowboy duels is what professional counter strike players excel at. Juking these motherfuckers throws them for a loop as well as rushing them when you are at a "disadvantage" really surprises most of them. In goonmans a great deal of the better players are getting used to my bullshit but still time and time again I am killing them with a 1200 dollar gun that I can buy every loving round no matter what happens.

The point is standing still gives both you an your target the best shot where as Z runs and acting like a madman gives only you the best shot. You simply need to know where your weapon of choice spray pattern is when running and adjust. Ump pulls up left and then does a left right left about one inch above the crosshair before you jack knife.

Doing run and gunning with SMGs is reliant on a few skills:

- Accurately guessing what your target is doing before you begin attacking (Pushing, Holding, Throwing, Switching spots, Rotating, or Avoiding)
- Knowing your weapon spray pattern adjustment for running
- Knowing where jerkoffs hide and who is playing where.
- High map awareness (As a highly mobile player you will only be successful on flanks and surprise attacks)

This is probably not the best way to be playing Counter Strike but I consider it highly entertaining and know it works for me. If you want to be a topfrag never die shitlord then go with the normal lame way of playing (Sneak, Hide, Bait) bullshit. If you want to die with honor and glory and rattle the gently caress out of some cages then strap on the nikes.

TLDR: Get hosed Losers, UMP is best weapon.

The worst advice has finally been posted.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
How do you use the ump? 250 movement speed yolo strafing in close while spraying the whole mag? Do you avoid engaging people at long and medium range? What do you do against people that can actually aim at stuff?

It is really good vs people without armor + helmet though.

edit: wait its not even 250 ms in cs go.

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 2, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Slaapaav posted:

How do you use the ump? 250 movement speed yolo strafing in close while spraying the whole mag? Do you avoid engaging people at long and medium range? What do you do against people that can actually aim at stuff?

I occasionally like to use the UMP, but i don't use it to spray. I use it to dink people with 1-3 shot bursts. Only spray in emergencies, or when very close.

But UMP is my favorite long range SMG for when you can't afford a rifle.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

maduin posted:

:worship:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

maduin posted:

Fight me irl

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hmMLB1d5kg

I just wanted to save my gun. What a horrible ace :allears:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
de_marquis.gif

Drinkfist posted:

:3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Slaapaav posted:

It is the best second round rifle. Just always aim for the head with it. It is like using a bag of peanuts* if you aim anywhere else.

*packing peanuts, I don't want to give it too much credit...

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
This probably has been discussed a trillion times already but I'm looking for a bit of discussion/feedback regarding the Ak47 shooting methods at various ranges.

I've watched the videos, I've seen the patterns and I've spent some times walking around the maps shooting at stuff and I can't help but wonder about the AK47's controllability.

While I've noticed that I can freely burst 2-5 rounds of the M4AX at almost any range with very good results, it seems that I can't even get a solid 3 shot burst with the AK at any distance, and that even the 2 round burst is inconsistent at best but this is most probably a skill issue and I'm aware of it. While it can sometimes work like an AN-94 with 2 bullets going in the almost exact same spot, I've started wondering, is it better to just tap the AK47 at anything past the very close range? The only variance then would be of how quickly to tap, to control the recoil as much as possible for the corresponding range, or should I just spend more time at the shooting range and see if I can control the 2-3 round bursts better? How much does personal preference come into play with regards to the proper way to control the AK?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I find that unless i'm very close range, spraying with the ak is almost always a bad idea.

Also, I prefer to try to one click the ak. I might do a few 2 round bursts, and I usually start out with a 2 round burst. But I find that if I keep trying to do 2 round bursts I get a lot less hits than when I keep it to 1 round bursts.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
... So after all of this ump debate, I just want to check on something:

Was my buying really crazy like that guy said? Was his criticism valid despite the debate in the end or was I alright to do what I did in the early roounds of the half?

- also, thank you all for your feedback. This game still frustrates me to no end because of how effortless others can run&gun headshot me while I just stand there and try to aim at these crazy run&gunners' heads... but I guess I just need to take my hands off the keyboard when someone pops out.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Love Stole the Day posted:

... So after all of this ump debate, I just want to check on something:

Was my buying really crazy like that guy said? Was his criticism valid despite the debate in the end or was I alright to do what I did in the early roounds of the half?
Yes, don't buy the UMP. Don't buy anything more than a pistol without armor.

Someone should make a 'CS economy W5s of buying' flowchart.

Did you lose pistol round? Yes.
Are you CT? Yes.
Buy: P250+armorhelm

Did you win pistol round? Yes.
Buy: rifle+armorhelm

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Buy a gun that's not an SMG on rd 2 after you won pistol? Gross.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

mcvey posted:

Did you lose pistol round? Yes.
Are you CT? Yes.
Buy: P250+armorhelm

haha what

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Warowl has some good videos on the first 4-5 rounds of csgo economy but they can get kinda spergy. He basically reiterates those points tho. Buy/save as a team, don't buy smgs if the other team has armor, save second round unless you won in which case buy armor and galil/famas etc which are good starting points for newer players until they can learn the meta and play based on their opponents.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

p250 armor owns

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
VeryGames popularized that round two eco strat a while ago. Basically you can p250 armor, which works well against an smg anti-eco because it'll take them like 3 bullets to the head to kill you and you 2 bullets to kill them. Also you can still fullbuy (kinda) on round 4 regardless of what happens. Of course now that everyone knows that this is coming anti ecos are going to be rifles (sometimes shotguns /autoshotguns???)

AK 2shot/3shot bursts can definitely be made consistent with some practice. 3 shot bursts are harder though so start out with 2 shot bursts for now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Sorry Rahla. :(

Although, I will say that we're all making mistakes, so at least go easy on me?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Lots of people mad at CS:GO tonight. Including me :v:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Sorry Rahla. :(

Although, I will say that we're all making mistakes, so at least go easy on me?

It's okay. I am going through other real life poo poo right now so I've been more irritable lately. I'll try not to overreact next time. :)

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

P250 or CS75 are no joke. The only thing to go "haha what" at is buying a rifle on round 2 after pistol victory. When XxxBluntTrauma_420xxX gets a lucky headshot on your dumb rear end and then chews through your team's armor with his newly acquired M4 they'll be sure to thank you.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

P250 armor is a legitimate eco round strategy (less so for Ts, but for CTs it works fine). If you lose you will still have enough money to at least famas buy in round 4. If the opposing team doesn't buy rifles it will take them 6-8 shots to kill you since you have armor, and you can 1 hit kill them with your P250. Obviously this strategy is dependent on you being able to get consistent headshots with the P250.

P250+armor is the reason at the highest levels no one ever buys SMGs/shotguns period. If you suspect that your opponent is going to P250+armor for an eco round you basically have to at least buy a famas/galil.

edit:

DeusExMachinima posted:

P250 or CS75 are no joke. The only thing to go "haha what" at is buying a rifle on round 2 after pistol victory. When XxxBluntTrauma_420xxX gets a lucky headshot on your dumb rear end and then chews through your team's armor with his newly acquired M4 they'll be sure to thank you.
Don't buy an AK/M4. Just buy a lovely rifle.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 2, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

DeusExMachinima posted:

That's why you buy a Famas or Galil on Round 2.

It's the new GO meta game. It used to be that teams always bought SMGs on round 2 after a pistol win. So the team that LOST pistol started buying P250 and head armor, which made the SMGs fairly worthless as a pistol and SMG do about the same to an armored head (in some cases, more). So then teams started buying Famas and Galil on Round two to counter the head armor. So a lot of players/teams started just making Famas/Galil their default on round 2 after a win just in case the opponent armors up.

Best case scenario, you still mow them down armor or not. Worst case scenario, they get a low tier rifle, and you reup to an M4 or AK next round anyway.

Edit: Also; what astro said.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Also, note that in my opinion T side P250/armor isn't quite as good since T's can already full buy with AKs at round 3 assuming they get a plant down in the first 2 rounds.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

astr0man posted:

P250 armor is a legitimate eco round strategy (less so for Ts, but for CTs it works fine). If you lose you will still have enough money to at least famas buy. If the opposing team doesn't buy rifles it will take them 6-8 shots to kill you since you have armor, and you can 1 hit kill them with your P250. Obviously this strategy is dependent on you being able to get consistent headshots with the P250.

And apparently your opponents ability to not be able to hit your head at all.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
If you are buying P250 + vesthelm it takes at least 2 hits for an opponent with an SMG or shotgun to kill you even if they hs you, and it only takes you 1 hit to kill them.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

astr0man posted:

If you are buying P250 + vesthelm it takes at least 2 hits for an opponent with an SMG or shotgun to kill you even if they hs you, and it only takes you 1 hit to kill them.

It bothers me when people say this, because past a certain distance you'll just get a dink. It's not always an OHK.

Edit: Also you say that as if it's hard to get 2 headshots or a headshot and a body hit or two with an SMG, with their fire rate that's just a single burst at the head area and it happens fast.

Not to say it's not a legitimate strategy, though, cause it totally is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Dvsilverwing posted:

It bothers me when people say this, because past a certain distance you'll just get a dink. It's not always an OHK.
The argument here is P250 vs SMG. It's true that at range, a P250 won't one shot kill to an armored head. But neither will an SMG. So let's assume everyone has great accuracy and always gets at least one headshot. P250 is a two shot kill at worst in all situations (one to the head, one anywhere else is a kill). All of the SMGs do under 100 damage to the head at range or even up close, some of them do as low as 50 to an armored head. Which means the SMG needs, best case scenario, two headshots to get a kill at range, but sometimes three total shots at range to get the kill. This is, of course, "balanced" by SMGs being automatic and the P250 not.

But even still, if you're good enough with a P250 and you have head armor, you have a much better chance of surviving (and getting the kill) against an opponent weilding an SMG and NOT a Famas or Galil.

• Locked thread