Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Detroit Protectors

So, just making all owners aware that I am considering offers for Walter "Big Train" Johnson and Ty Cobb and Roger Maris and Frank Howard and Jose Canseco and Wild Bill Donovan. Not all in the same trade, but I'm open to sensible offers.

I'm looking for:

1) A GOOD POWER LF BAT
2) A GOOD SS (will trade the corpse of Barry Larkin to help facilitate any deals for prospectively surviving SL owners or EC owners advancing)
3) Bullpen arms of decent quality (this won't get you Cobb or Johnson, but lesser players are in play here.

Actually, if you see any player on my roster you wanna take a shot at, just let me know. No trade raping, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Oh yeah, um, make Halladay LR, and send Newcombe to the minors. Yeah.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Expansion Cup XII, May

Games of the Month

Charles Foster Balla posted:

NOWHERE MEN DEFEAT DINOS IN INTERMINABLE SLOG

One of the longest games of the year finished today with the Nowhere Ooga Boogas taking the victory over the Hill City Dinos.
It was looking good for the Dinos, leading 1-0 going into the top of the ninth with Claude Passeau taking the mound for the third inning in a row. Passeau, not normally a reliever, has done relatively well for the Dinos so far this season. However, after getting an easy groundout against the first batter he faced, he then gave up a double to Willie Davis. In response, Fonzie brought in Darold Knowles, who has struggled mightily so far this season. Things didn’t get better, because after getting Bill Buckner on a groundout, Knowles gave up the game-tying hit to none other than Don Baylor, sending this game into extras.

From that point on, it was anyone’s game. Surprisingly, both bullpens held up for another 6 innings until the top of the 16th, at which point Bucky Walters took the mound for the Hill City Dinos. Like Passeau before him, Walters came in confident having pitched two innings with little threat and with the clean-up man coming up next. However, it was not meant to be for yet another team from South Dakota, proving that teams from Mount Rushmore State (seriously) cannot have nice things.

With one out and a runner on first, all Dick Allen had to do was turn the double play from 3rd base; to no one’s surprise, he bobbled the handling on a tough bounce off the grass, leaving a man at 1st and 2nd. That’s all the Ooga Boogas needed after Maury Wills and Bill Buckner had back-to-back singles, bringing in two runs that proved to be the decisive margin at the end of the game as the Ooga Boogas won 3-1 in 16 innings.

Fonzie, owner of the Dinos, wasn’t too bummed out after the crushing loss. In fact, all he brought up was his team’s recent hot streak: “Ay! The Fonz know how to build a team. You know how they say the first season in the Super League is the hardest? I’ll prove ‘em all wrong. The Fonz is never wrong.” When questioned about his decision to send Darold Knowles in with the game on the line, Fonzie didn’t get angry or reprimand his bullpen arm, “Knowles knows what he did wrong. He didn’t mean to give up our lead. You know what I did when he came back in after the half-inning ended? I said to him, ‘You’re OK Knowles. You’re OK.’ I know he’ll come back and dominate the next game he appears in, because if there’s one thing the Fonz knows, it’s how to build a competent, consistent bullpen.”

One would think GVOLTT would be happy to celebrate this draining victory back home in Nowhere, Kansas. However, he seemed a little irritated by the idea. “Are you kidding me? Obviously you’ve never been to Nowhere. Why did I base a team here? At least Connecticut had metro areas and some semblance of diversity. The only sign of life I’ve seen here is a dog with paranoia, a grandma with dementia, and a sadistic farmer. Not the greatest company you could find in some random place. And I thought South Dakota was bad.”

GAME NOTES

- 6983 people showed up to watch this game, setting the record for most people to watch a baseball game in South Dakota.

- Both teams’ bullpens pitched 21 innings and only 2 runs were given up; holy moly

Box Score

Frank Gaiman posted:

GUMSHOES RALLY LATE; MARAUDER SYNDICATE RUINS EVERYTHING AGAIN

Editor's Note: This story was written just after the Fhloston Pharmaceuticals were swept by the Marauder Syndicate in humiliating fashion.

Los Angeles - You've probably never heard of Taffy Wright. He wasn't a very good player, his career wasn't all that long, he has a poor record in the SL database, and none of that matters.

Because a Marauder Syndicate team controls him.

And so it was that the Witches, a team out to a rather poor start this season, lost a heartbreaker to the Gumshoes.

Bob Feller pitched his heart out, matching the Gumshoes' Wilbur Cooper inning-for-inning. Unfortunately, the 3-4 hitters in the Witches lineup are Andrew McCutchen (who's far too young) and Jose Tabata (who is only notable for a bizarre kidnapping involving his twenty-years-older wife, and perhaps having the only neck tattoo worse than Yadier Molina.)

To their credit, though, they clung to a 1-0 lead, nursing it into the 9th.

Things started well enough for Joel Hanrahan, striking out the leadoff man. Vada Pinson followed with a single, followed by another strikeout.

This brought up Don Mattingly, a far better hitter than Taffy "Who the gently caress is Taffy Wright" Wright. In spite of this, Pinson took off for 2nd, and when the steal was successful, the Witches naturally ordered the IBB, putting the winning run on base--but also bringing up a schmuck of a hitter.

On a 2-1 pitch, Wright inexplicably drove a ball to the gap in right-center. By the time McCutchen retrieved the ball, both Pinson and Mattingly had scored, and the Gumshoes walked off.

After the game, Archie Goodwin was insufferably pleased with himself.

"It's nothing personal, MooseOnTheLoose," he said. "But as a member of the Syndicate it's part of my responsibility to make sure that other owners can never get their hopes up too high. I exist for the sole purpose of making your life miserable despite otherwise being a pretty agreeable fellow."

The other moose-named owner was having none of it, though. "That may be the responsibility of the Syndicate, but you're like the C-list member of it.”

Archie Goodwin shrugged. "You'd think that, but we have a plan, the Syndicate members. You see, we're sort of like the popular Japanese cartoon 'Voltron,' in that there are 5 of us, and even though some of us are stronger than others, the sum of our parts is--"

He was interrupted by Moose banging his fist on the table. "No! No excuses! And certainly no anime references! If there are going to be animated references involving teams of 5, it'll be on my terms! If you're anything, you're the Planeteers!"

Archie Goodwin cocked an eyebrow. "The Planeteers? Like…Captain Planet?"

Goodwin crossed his arms. "Now hold on a minute; I'm fine being one of the Planeteers, but the Syndicate has done so many good things and we're nothing like Ted Turner!"

But Moose was on a roll. "And furthermore, you're not even one of the good Planeteers! You're Ma-Ti! The loser kid who got the elemental power of "Heart."

"That doesn't sound so bad," began Goodwin.

"You'd think that! But no, it's the worst of all the powers! The American kid got the power of fire. You know what you can do with fire? Burn poo poo down. That's useful. Heart doesn't get you jack poo poo in baseball, and in Captain Planet all it did was make lemurs bring you oranges! That's not a superpower!"

"That's it?"

"That's it," shouted Moose. "You're nothing but the Ma-Ti of the Marauder Syndicate, and if I were you, I'd hold out on the others until one of them traded with you. You know they all laugh at you. Even NotThatSamBeckett is having a good laugh at your expense now that the Premodernists are nice and established."

Archie Goodwin frowned. "This is...troubling. I have to go. I have much to think about."

Moose smiled, thinking no one was looking. "Divided they fall," he said to no one in particular.

Can dissension in the ranks do what external competitors can not? Could this be the beginning of the end for the Marauder Syndicate?

GAME NOTES:

- No.

- Joel Hanrahan has a neat factoid. He was the pitcher of record in a game that was suspended due to rain, and would not be continued until much later. In the interim, he was traded to the Pirates for Nyjer Morgan. When the game was restarted, the Nationals walked off, making Hanrahan the winning pitcher despite having long since moved to another organization.

Box Score

Monty Crowe posted:

CARLOS MARMOL IS CARLOS MARMOL, SLIME KNIGHTS RALLY 4-3

Haukness - The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Against all odds comprised of playing in Chicago and having a rotation containing 2 Johnny Cuetos and Ewell Blackwell, the Corruption are having a rather good EC, finding themselves just 2.5 games back of first place and looking to sweep the division-leading Slime Knights to gain even more ground. They're not a team anyone was expecting to make much noise, but stranger things have happened than a team lucking it's way into the playoffs, especially in the Expansion Cup.

However, Carlos Marmol plays for them.

Through 7 innings Blackwell was keeping with Greg Maddux's pace surprisingly well, the game knotted at 2-2 off some... interesting offensive strategy by both lineups, a Blackwell 2-run single for the Corruption and a Shawon Dunston RBI groundout for Haukness. Both starters left for the 7th, and while Pat Neshek did a fine job for the Knights in the top of the inning, the wheels immediately fell off for Chicago in the bottom half.

Damaso Marte came in to pitch the 7th, and after getting just one out gave up a single, walk and another single to load the bases. Pander had seen enough, and with the reasonably dangerous bat of George Kell on deck he opted to yank his reliever in favor of Carlos Marmol. It was a questionable decision, considering his high walk rate along with the fact that Kell rarely if ever strikes out and Chapman is probably the superior pitcher, even after last month's unfortunate outing. Still though, Marmol isn't the worst pitcher in the world and there's a decent chance he could get out of this.

His first pitch sailed to the backstop. 3-2 Knights lead.

Kell would tack on a 4th run with another RBI groundout, and despite an attempt at a rally with a pinch-hit walk and a Jose Reyes RBI triple the damage was done, as Joe Nathan would strike out Hanley Ramirez to prevent the sweep and extend their lead on the division.

Marmol was quick to deflect blame after the game, arguing that Pander instead be the target of the Chicago faithful's ire. "I mean, how did someone who lives in Chicago ever think that putting me in their bullpen, let alone in such a high-leverage situation was a good idea? Even if he's a White Sox fan that's an incredibly egregious oversight and I refuse to accept any responsibility for it." Marmol then attempted to throw an empty cup of gatorade into a nearby wastebasket and instead hit a shelf, triggering a Rube Goldberg-esque chain reaction resulting in injuries to Jose Bautista and 3 reporters.

GAME NOTES

- Carlos Marmol is bad, is what I'm getting at.

- Ironically, all the Cubs players on the Slime Knights (save for Andre Dawson) all had pretty alright games!

- Speaking of Andre Dawson, he's leading off for the Knights. Why would you do this to yourself, Pash?

Box Score

Mick Freese posted:

SLAYERS ROLL IN LONDON, 10-3

London - After a devastating first 7 weeks of the season, many of the dozens upon dozens of baseball fans in London were ready to call it quits on their hometown team. But quietly, the Slayers have started to turn their season around: first, taking a series from the league-leading Fire Ferrets at the Bei Fong Dome, and then sweeping the Calamities in Canton. And tonight, they were looking to continue their winning streak against the always-dangerous Akabira Killer Mikes.

It didn't take long for the Wembley crowd to start celebrating, as Jerry Koosman just did not have any of his off-speed pitches working for him. And in the bottom of the second, the Slayers exploited that for a huge 6-hit, 6-run inning, capped off by Miguel Cabrera's 2-RBI double that just barely hit off the top of the center field wall.

The only question was whether the Slayers' pitching staff - which had already allowed 68 home runs in only 51 games - could hold the lead against the power of Joe DiMaggio, Rogers Hornsby, and Lou Gehrig. But today Max Scherzer was dominant, allowing only 2 runs and striking out 8 in 7 strong innings. Not even Jose Valverde could ruin this game, as he closed out the ninth inning giving up only two hits.

SilvergunSuperman was quite pleased with his team's effort after the game. "That's right, men! The hour of reprisal is now! Liquidate! Terminate! Bring the fires of hell down over this doomed league!" Silvergun then called for the lowering of a cage from the ceiling, containing Johnny Hopp: Baseball Bunny. "This sacrifice will be a symbol of my ultimate power over everything and everyone in this pathetic competition, and soon you will all join him in his eternal torment!" But before the walls could be painted with his blood, Hopp cutely nibbled on Silvergun's fingers, which allowed him to happily bound away to freedom.

Meanwhile, in the visitor's locker room, tatankatonk was not very happy. "C'mon man, this is ridiculous. Both owners devoting their press conferences to music jokes? No sir, that's not going to happen while I'm around. Besides, nobody even knows any Killer Mike songs. I'd have to make Outkast jokes, like 'the whole world loved this game because I sang the blues', and hope nobody noticed the difference, which they probably wouldn't anyway." When asked whether he was concerned about having to play three more games at the home field of a bloodthirsty maniac, tatankatonk replied "Look, I've been in the same division with the Finger-Bangers before. You're gonna need to show me way more atrocities to compare to that."

GAME NOTES

- Max Scherzer has nearly a third of the Slayers' 19 wins by himself, which goes to show you that some guys just have That Will To Win.

- Did you know? According to Joe Posnanski, Ken Singleton was the best player in baseball from 1975 to 1979. Unfortunately, this Ken Singleton is from 1971.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Playing Hornsby at second base is always a trade-off, and you can clearly see that here.

Analysis

It's still early in the season. Give Rod some more time to work his magic.

Analysis

The juxtaposition of extreme depth and the vast wasteland is astonishing.

Analysis

Not enough bats.

Analysis

Other than Cano and the bullpen, things are pretty much going as planned.

Analysis

Leading the league in home runs by a wide margin is a nice way to cover up your flaws.

Analysis

Duster Mails for MVP!

Analysis

I bet CaptainYesterday would be interested in trading for Eric Young.

Analysis

'06 Joe Mauer proves that "The One", starring Jet Li, is a work of fiction.

Analysis

You're right in the middle of a hotly contested divisional race, but I don't know if you can pull it off with only one catcher.

Analysis

Can the Crows become the Super-League's NXT breakout star?

Analysis

Really, other than the home runs, your pitchers aren't doing all that bad. Hopefully that will normalize as the season goes on.

Analysis

Maybe I shouldn't let FairGame write your recaps until the Pharmas start winning again.

Analysis

Your pitching problems are mostly to do with BABIP, as far as I can tell. At least the bullpen is holding up.

Analysis

The bad news is, you lost 7 games after the injuries started.
The good news is, you only lost 2 before that.

Analysis

It could be worse.

Analysis

Hey, a win's a win, especially when it comes against the Ferrets and Crows.

Standings

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 1, 2014

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Why? Why did Kevin Brown need to know the secret of pierogi? The secret of kotlet schabowy is much less dangerous and also less likely to end in a cheese and potato filling.

Call up Nap Rucker to cover Brown for the next two weeks.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

gently caress me, still stuck in a rut, but still not playing terribly enough to start panicking.

I guess we'll try swapping Beltre and Santo and sticking Cain at the top of the rotation. If somebody wants to trade, I'll think about it.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Ladies and gents, it's your lucky day! Yes, the 1.93 ERA standout that is Duster Mails is for sale! Don't all rush at once, now!

I don't have any changes this time. Probably next month i'll switch some of those pitchers in and see how they do. It's fairly concerning that they've got a much better win/loss record away than at home, when I figured the reverse would be true. EC success is nice, but I get the feeling that i'm not going to have SL success unless I can actually tell why.

Also, I would love to see a sure-homer bonk off the Wembley arch and back onto the field somehow.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 1, 2014

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Shoot Consuegra of the Disc please (well given that I don't have enough reliefers put him is Leskanic spot and move the rest up).

Switch Campbell and Dipoto as well.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Man, I don't know why Mogul pulled Rick Reuschel after only 70 pitches in that recap; it's not like I have the sliders negative, and he was pitching well enough at the time, so...oh well. At least I won the game.

Well, my offense continues to get worse, but my defense is pretty good? Outside of CarGo anyway. This puts me in a bit of a pickle: do I bench a guy with good defense and bad offense? I'm looking at you, Bill Buckner. At the very least, I want to set a personal catcher, even though Brian Downing is not even tired (granted, that's because he appears to have been injured in short spurts of time?). Wilin Rosario becomes the personal catcher for Rick Reuschel.
Eh, I'll bench Lansford for the month, just to see how another guy can do: Jim Gilliam in at 3B, Carney Lansford to the bench. I'll hold off on benching Bill Buckner because of his current defense, even if defense isn't a hugely needed attribute at 1B. On that note, with Troy Tulowitzki being a major offensive disappointment for some reason, I'll platoon him: Tulowitzki hits against LHPs, Maury Wills hits against RHPs; no changes to the lineup, both will hit second. Wills might eventually go full time even if his small sample size of offense extrapolates with more time, but not now.

Guess it's also time to demote Chris Sale from the rotation: Jake Peavy to SP5, Chris Sale to LR.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

#1 Dispersal Draft pick, here we come!

Swap Ventura for Meyers in the lineup.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
As a service to the thread, I've created a choose your own adventure series to explain how the Super-League works.

Prompt 1

You have just created a new team for the EC!

A. I did a good job! GO TO PROMPT 2

B. How does baseball work again? GO TO PROMPT 3

Prompt 2

Okay, you did a good job, say, you did make sure that your roster is at least minimally balanced, right?

A. Balance? Who needs that? GO TO PROMPT 3

B. Sure did! GO TO PROMPT 4

Prompt 3

Your team will be relegated.

See you next EC!

Prompt 4

Okay, good, it's a balanced team, and you did well enough in the EC. So, you're going to fill your holes in the Dispersal Draft, right?

A. Actually, I traded my first-round pick to CthulhuDreams, but I'm sure that Freddie Lindstrom and Ed Karger is just as good! GO TO PROMPT 3

B. Sure did! GO TO PROMPT 5

Prompt 5

Okay, good, and what division did you get put into?

A. Mark Bellhorn! GO TO PROMPT 3

B. Senor Goodtimes! GO TO PROMPT 6

C. Norris-Smythe! GO TO PROMPT 3

D. Memento Mori! GO TO PROMPT 3

E. Vae Victis! GO TO PROMPT 3

F. Sic Transit Vir! GO TO PROMPT 3

Prompt 6

Okay, that's a survivable division. Say, your team doesn't have any serious flaws does it?

A. Maybe one or two... GO TO PROMPT 3

B. Nope! GO TO PROMPT 7

Prompt 7

LIAR! All first-year teams have serious flaws.

Your team will be relegated.

See you next EC!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Haha I enjoyed the writeup..a mere sixteen games back lads, stiff upper lip now!

Can I promote Anibal Sanchez to SP5, demote Shields to LRP and Jiminez to AAA aaand go with the new batting order vs. RHP please (no position changes)

Crawford
Beltran
Cabrera
Fielder
Wright
Holliday
Avila
Tulo
Reyes

Crash and burn baby.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 1, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

cbx posted:

Detroit Protectors

So, just making all owners aware that I am considering offers for Walter "Big Train" Johnson and Ty Cobb and Roger Maris and Frank Howard and Jose Canseco and Wild Bill Donovan. Not all in the same trade, but I'm open to sensible offers.

I'm looking for:

1) A GOOD POWER LF BAT
2) A GOOD SS (will trade the corpse of Barry Larkin to help facilitate any deals for prospectively surviving SL owners or EC owners advancing)
3) Bullpen arms of decent quality (this won't get you Cobb or Johnson, but lesser players are in play here.

Actually, if you see any player on my roster you wanna take a shot at, just let me know. No trade raping, please.

I want Johnson. What do I need to do with dick Allen to start a conversation?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
cbx, I am interested in Jimmie Foxx because I clearly do not properly understand the weaknesses in my team. What would I need to add to '36 Paul Waner or '21 Harry Heilmann to get Foxx?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Okay so I am finally home and can make some changes. I either need my team to keep hitting way better than the should or I need it to keeps up it's miracles. Also the Dinos would need to hurry up and have their pitching regress to the mean.

Also I don't know why he is listed as a 1B, but Gus Triandos was supposed to be my backup catcher. Please make him the personal Catcher for Eddie Plank.

First: Pitching

Put Santana in the 5 spot and move Bender up to the 3 spot that Santana left.

Also put Pat Perry as the Setup man and move Neshek down to Short Relief, lets see how Pat handles a little more work.

Edit: Derp Derp... They are both named Pat...

Second: Lineup
Obviously I did not have a plan for the batting order going in, so lets fix that:

1. George Kell 3B
2. Joe Mauer C
3. Mark Grace 1B
4. Bob Nieman LF
5. Andre Dawson RF
6. Torii Hunter CF
7. Shawon Dunston SS - I have no confidence in his continued ability hit the ball
8. Ryne Sandberg 2B
9. Pitcher

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

You're right in the middle of a hotly contested divisional race, but I don't know if you can pull it off with only one catcher.

I must destroy, forever, those evil slime knights. I NEED A BACKUP BACKUP CATCHER. Who will help me?? Peaches wins all.

Also, I am not the fonze. In fact, I am the opposite of smooth.

Forzelt fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 1, 2014

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

cbx posted:

Detroit Protectors

I'm looking for:

1) A GOOD POWER LF BAT

How much does '62 Yaz and 84 'Orosco get me?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Forzelt posted:

I must destroy, forever, those evil slime knights. I NEED A BACKUP BACKUP CATCHER. Who will help me?? Peaches wins all.

Also, I am not the fonze. In fact, I am the opposite of smooth.

I have old Bob Farrell http://super-league.tk/viewplayer.php?id=o%27farbo01, who might be usable and is immediately available. He's hit in the SL before. I will also ask for something really cheap - guys you are not even using. You give those to me at the at the end of the season when you get access to your feeders again.

I would like the following in rough order of priority.

Dolph Camili (1936 Philies)
Jack Russell (1935 Senators)
Lew Fonseca (1923 Reds)

If you want a piece or two out of my minors or from my feeders I'm happy to add that to the trade. Why do I want these guys? I have no depth as smasher loves to point out. Lew Fonseca is a useful glove at 2B to replace Randy Reese as my utility guy and Dolph Camili is a left handed bat with some pop who can take my first bat off the bench role over from Bo Jackson. He hasn't hit well in the SL in either of his appearances, but hey, he might for me? Jack Russell might actually be worth you rostering, but for me he's just another guy to put in the mix with the bullpen.

Edit: To see why I am desperate, Mr Reese, who gets starts for my team, hit .281 .315 .378 career in a hitters park in one of the two biggest hitting periods in history.

Some Free Advice

In working out this trade, I picked over your feeders in excritating deal, so I am in a position to offer you some advice.

• Ken Boyer should be starting at 3B in your Lineup with DH (when Dick Allen goes to 1st). He is a better hitter than Dahlen OR Travis, and by a lot. He's an 11 time all star, 5 time gold glove winner and a very good player.
  • Consider platooning Roush and Ken Boyer in your No-DH lineup. Ken is probably a better hitter vs LHP than Roush is (It's close, it's power vs speed, and I tend to think power is more useful but you may disagree)
  • You might consider rostering at some point Rube Bressler (1B/LF, good eye+contact) and Red Kress (1935 Senators). Not sure they are good, but might be a better use of a roster slot than George Stone.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 1, 2014

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

How about Camili and Russell for O'Farrell? Fonseca might be a better backup 2B than 38 year old Red Schoendienst.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Consider platooning Roush and Ken Boyer in your No-DH lineup. Ken is probably a better hitter vs LHP than Roush is (It's close, it's power vs speed, and I tend to think power is more useful but you may disagree)

Can Boyer actually play CF? Otherwise, I like the idea.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

You dare insult Taffetus Q. Wright, ranked the 10th 110th best RF of all base-ball history (pre 2000)?!?

DL Willie Randolph and Louisiana Lightning. Stick Charlie Sweeney in the rotation at 5. Move Dickie Thon to 2B, play Appling at short. Call up Alan Ashby and have him take over the personal catcher duties from Edwards (#2 and #5 rotation spots).

Thanks.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Cbx, since you're a tigers fan perhaps heilmann is more appealing to you than dick Allen.

My heilmann is 34 but is putting up a good heilmann season and hasn't even been so much as tired. Part of that is because since June he has split time with Musial, but he was an everyday outfielder in April and May. Now he plays every day but is the dh vs lhp. Not sure how much that helps him.

I'm thinking heilmann, perry, and my second round super draft pick. That last one is contingent upon my survival, sadly. And yours, for that matter. But it is the best I can do with my limited resources for Walter Johnson.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pick 'em: Beyond Rational Thought

Intercontinental Championship
Walney Rakers (c)

Television Championship
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (c)

European Championship
Florida Oranges

Canadian Championship
South Dakota Marmosets

Hardcore Championship
South Bolton Eazy W's (c)

United States Championship
Coburns (c)

Heavyweight and Larkin-Downing Championships
New World Symphony (c)

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

Cbx, since you're a tigers fan perhaps heilmann is more appealing to you than dick Allen.

My heilmann is 34 but is putting up a good heilmann season and hasn't even been so much as tired. Part of that is because since June he has split time with Musial, but he was an everyday outfielder in April and May. Now he plays every day but is the dh vs lhp. Not sure how much that helps him.

I'm thinking heilmann, perry, and my second round super draft pick. That last one is contingent upon my survival, sadly. And yours, for that matter. But it is the best I can do with my limited resources for Walter Johnson.

That's gonna be a no-fly. I do like Heilmann, but I'm looking for a GOOD POWER LF and Heilmann is a light-hitting RF. Perry is your worst-performing pitcher and with your defense, he should be a lot better. But he isn't, and if he comes to me, he'd probably die. Plus, I'm not looking for expiring assets from dying teams that I won't be able to use.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Monicro posted:

How much does '62 Yaz and 84 'Orosco get me?

Not as much as you'd think. Orosco is solid, but that Yaz has only topped over 100 OPS+ in the SL once out of the three seasons he's played, and that's probably the reason he's 3rd on your depth chart and wouldn't replace Sam Crawford on my team. Still, if you're interested in trading Orosco, tell me what you're looking for.

mentholmoose posted:

cbx, I am interested in Jimmie Foxx because I clearly do not properly understand the weaknesses in my team. What would I need to add to '36 Paul Waner or '21 Harry Heilmann to get Foxx?

I like both players, but I'm more interested in a GOOD POWER LF versus two light-hitting RFs. Considering I'd be giving up my main power bat at 1B, I'd need a replacement in power. So, Man-Ram and Heilmann and Messersmith would get you Foxx and Jim Scott (to give you some replacement depth for your SP).

cbx fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 1, 2014

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Forzelt posted:

How about Camili and Russell for O'Farrell? Fonseca might be a better backup 2B than 38 year old Red Schoendienst.

Toss in Pete Donahue (so I can have two) and Curt 'Coonskin' Davis (most racist baseball nickname?) and we have a deal.

Forzelt posted:

Can Boyer actually play CF? Otherwise, I like the idea.

Yeah, he can do it OK, though he's not good at it. His range isn't up to the snuff of guys like Gary Maddox.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 1, 2014

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm not familiar with the players in question, so I'm not saying for sure that Cthulhu is trying to pull a HUGE FOUR-FOR-ONE STEAL. But just remember that if someone wants a player that you're not using, it's because they think he is worth using. So don't just throw in hundreds of guys because it's "for free", they might be useful to you next season if you keep them.

Also, I would request the Commissar's approval before moving forward with such a deal involving feeder players.

Pash posted:

Also I don't know why he is listed as a 1B, but Gus Triandos was supposed to be my backup catcher. Please make him the personal Catcher for Eddie Plank.

The game has decided 1B is his "primary" position but he's still perfectly capable of catching. The AI manager has only started Triandos in 4 games, which is why Mauer is tired.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 1, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

cbx posted:

Detroit Protectors

I'm looking for:

1) A GOOD POWER LF BAT

What would I need to include with Hack Wilson to get Johnson? If you don't like him, I could also move my 87 Bonds.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

What would I need to include with Hack Wilson to get Johnson? If you don't like him, I could also move my 87 Bonds.

Hack Wilson is a no-fly. His numbers are drastically inflated due to the Dinger Temple. He's only hit double digits in HRs once prior to this season out of the 9 previous seasons on record. Bonds is an interesting piece, although he's babby barrold. I'm also interested in I-Rod and Han-Ram.

e: I realize I didn't clarify anything here. To start negotiations, I'd be interested in tiny Bonds, fetal I-Rod and Han-Ram for Walter Johnson and either Ernie Banks or Barry Larkin's corpse.

cbx fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 1, 2014

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I covet your Big Train, and almost nothing is off the table. Pick over the roster, let me know.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

kw0134 posted:

I covet your Big Train, and almost nothing is off the table. Pick over the roster, let me know.

The players off your team in which I would be interested include Eddie Collins, Jackie Robinson and Brian Wilson. Probably would take Collins and one of the two to do the deal, but I'm not certain yet.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

cbx posted:

That's gonna be a no-fly. I do like Heilmann, but I'm looking for a GOOD POWER LF and Heilmann is a light-hitting RF. Perry is your worst-performing pitcher and with your defense, he should be a lot better. But he isn't, and if he comes to me, he'd probably die. Plus, I'm not looking for expiring assets from dying teams that I won't be able to use.

Dick Allen, then? Plus one of my messersmiths?

What would it take to have the deal involve Larkin?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

Dick Allen, then? Plus one of my messersmiths?

What would it take to have the deal involve Larkin?

For some reason, Dick Allen just doesn't look that appealing to me... I see his career stats and his SL stats and they're pretty good, but it's really hard to trade away Big Train for someone who can't even clear the Mendoza Line in BA and hasn't really lived up to a slugging LF billing as he's only hit double digits in HRs twice in the SL. He's one of those players that should be better, but isn't, I guess.

If you're wanting dead Larkin... I don't know. I don't see your team surviving and I doubt you'd do a fire-sale for a dead SS you won't be able to use. I don't think you've got anything I want that you could afford to give up, to be honest.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XII, Week 17: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Lost

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

EAZY W'S EASILY TURN ASIDE POTATOES ON BELTRAN'S 7-RBI GAME

Lewiston- Getting crushed by the W's is not exactly a new experience for the Potatoes.

In fact, it's almost a tradition at this point. That said, it must have still rankled the Idaho team to be beaten this decisively at home with their best pitcher, even if that descriptor is more nominal than practical, on the mound.

Carlos Beltran was the hero of today's game, hitting two home runs and driving in all seven of the W's runs. After the game, he talked with reporters about his day, as well as the challenges of fitting in with a veteran outfit such as the Eazy W's, "Well, I mean, going back, Duke Snider had been the starting center fielder since Super-League I, that's a long time. But he hadn't been productive in a few seasons, so it was time to make a change. For a second, I did feel kind of self-conscious about it, but, then again, this is a team with Eri Yoshida, Mark Bellhorn and Adam Dunn all on the active roster. I mean, I'm definitely better than them, so that really helped my self-confidence, also the fact that, when it comes down to it, things could be a lot worse. I could be on the Idaho Potatoes."

Eri Yoshida was hurt by her teammate's comments, "Hey, okay, so whenever I enter a game in a crucial spot, things go terribly wrong. But I have a positive spirit about it, and that's worth me blowing 1000 saves!"

Some also questioned whether it is emblematic of the Potatoes' larger failure that Togie Pittinger, the supposed best pitcher on the team, moonlights as a clown between games. Togie responded angrily that, "I am not a clown, I am a harlequin!" When the reporters responded to that evidently-bold statement with blank stares, Togie elaborated, "The Harlequin is the romantic lead character in the old tradition of the Harlequinade, a classic form of stage performance. To refer to me as a 'clown' implies that I am another character entirely. The Harlequin, of course, is characterized by his sly nature and love for Columbine against the wishes of her greedy father, Pantaloon. I would appreciate it if you took my work more seriously, and did not denigrate me by claiming me to be a simple clown."

Hearing this bizarrely contentious interview, Grinnblade stepped in to try and restore a sense of sanity to the proceedings, "Listen, Togie, I don't think that they meant to call you a clown...or the wrong type of clown...or whatever it is that you're complaining about. Either way, I would just like to assure President Lukashenko, who is a great man, and has the bold vision necessary to lead both the Idaho Potatoes and the nation of Belarus into the future, that I have things under control, and that our recent troubles are clearly the work of dissident Ukranians, just like you warned me about in that email last night. As a result, there is no need to send any more of my friends and family to a prison camp."

GAME NOTES

-The Potatoes gave up 11 walks to the W's. Frankly, them losing by only six runs was a minor miracle.

-Joe Gariagola made an error but, in a larger sense, the real error was starting Joe Gariagola in the first place.

Box Score

Don May posted:

PROTECTORS STOP KERNELS' COMEBACK, CBX ENTERS ART THERAPY

Mitchell- The Protectors' hot streak continued today as they managed to hold off the Kernels, winning 5-4, and getting within four games of a wildcard in the Dynamo League.

But it was not quite as easy as the Protectors would have preferred. Leading 5-3, the gutsy Kernels managed to plate one run on a Pujols RBI single, and then managed to put the tying run on third base with one out as Ron LeFlore stole both second and third base. Sadly, that is where their rally stalled, as Joe DiMaggio hit a ground ball right at the pitcher that not even LeFlore was fast enough to score on. Al Rosen was up next, but hit a weaker grounder to second base, stranding LeFlore and sending the Kernels to yet another loss.

Still, the Kernels' tragedy is the Protectors' gain, and team captain Jimmie Foxx was proud of his team, "You know, we could have broken down there, and just let the Kernels have their comeback, but we held on and got another win. It feels good to finally have a bit of momentum on our side. Now, I would like to talk about last week a bit. I had said a few things about cbx occasionally injuring our own players as the result of after-market super-soldier parts messing with his head, and I think I gave off the impression that we were just going to let that be, and that's not right. We know that cbx can't just be walking around, butchering our players because of some compulsion that tells him that our team has to be injured for whatever reason. So, to that end, we've started him on some art therapy to try and help him work through his issues." Foxx took on a sheet of paper with a drawing on it. "And, as you can see, I really think we are getting to the root of the matter."

cbx's art therapy picture

"Now, obviously, cbx still has some troubling issues with wanting to hack our players up with...I think that's a sword? At any rate, by putting those feelings down on paper rather than actually cutting Ty Cobb's head off with a sword, I think we're making some real progress. So, that should be good too."

Charles Foster Balla then interrupted Foxx's press conference with a show of support, "As the father of a child was turned into a super-soldier by eco-terrorists, I know what it's like to have deal with these sort of situations, and I would like to offer my support to Jimmie Foxx and the rest of the Protectors."

Foxx, understandably, was confused, "Wait, what? I thought you said your daughter had become a Canadian werewolf. Or gone to Canada with a werewolf...or something, I wasn't really paying attention."

CFBalla shook his head, "Now, that was a different daughter. You see, for long-time, the town of Mitchell had been involved in a dispute with Greenpeace over a dam up river. They said that it was destroying the habitat of the wildlife in the area, but we needed it for irrigation. Eventually, a splinter group, calling themselves 'Greenwar', blew up the dam, flooding the town, and, well, you know the rest."

Foxx opened his mouth to speak, but CFBalla cut him off, "I know what you're going to say, Jimmie, you're going to tell me that 'Greenwar' is a pretty lousy name for an eco-terrorist group, and I'm inclined to agree. Anyway, I thought poor Angela had died in the flood, and while she had mostly died, it turns out that Greenwar had taken her and used the super-soldier technology to turn her into a living weapon. As you probably know, most of America's super-soldier programs were based in South Dakota, because, back in the day, one of our senators had gotten it included in one of them earmark bills. Of course, Cold War being over and such, most of the old bunkers were sealed off, but they left most of the parts down there. You know, this sort of thing happens more than any of us'd care to admit."

At that last part, Foxx just sort of shook his head and walked away.

GAME NOTES

-Hearing about the drawing, Ty Cobb urged cbx to, "Bring it on, motherfucker, you want a piece of me? We'll see who decapitates two, fuckface!"

-Jimmie Foxx hit his ninth triple of the season despite being an incredibly slow man.

Box Score

Don May posted:

THUNDER STUMBLE, BANGERS TAKE 4-3 WIN

Fukuoka- The Thunder had this game won.

The Thunder pitching had been great all day, allowing just one Bangers run. Their offense had not been as good, comparatively speaking, but scoring three runs off of Smokey Joe Williams was nothing to sneeze at. All they had to do was hold out for three more outs.

But the Bangers did not get where they were by allowing opportunities to split through their grasp, and so, when Boudreau and Morgan hit singles to start the inning off, things looked grim for the Thunder. But Mike Timlin reached down deep, pulled greatness out of himself, getting two straight outs, putting him just one hitter away from finishing the Bangers off.

The Bangers, however, never were ones for happy endings, and hit three straight base hits to score three runs and win the game, as their powerful offense could only be held down for so long.

After the game, CthulhuDreams, constitutionally incapable of mincing words, went into a logic loop, "Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers. Analysis: Bullpen failed. Conclusion: Acquire more relievers."

Marauder, on the other hand, was more diabolical than usual in his post-game press conference, "I had heard that CthulhuDreams was looking for some spare pieces. Most notably another catcher, but that no one had a backstop they could part with. I do, Cthulhu, I have so many that I have no use for, that are just sitting in the minors of the Syndicate. Probably a good dozen, the vast majority of which would be an improvement over your current platoon. I have no use for them, none at all. And so, out of the kindness of my heart, let me make you an offer: Nothing. You will get nothing, and I will keep these excess catchers just out of your reach forever."

"Allow me to explain, I could easily sate your lust for a catcher, but I will not. I will keep each and every one of these catchers locked up in my minors while you look on like a starving dog. I could end your suffering, make your team whole, but I choose not to. Every game that Shanty Hogan starts, every time he goes 0-for-3, you will pray to the heavens for some sort of relief, but no help will be forthcoming."

Marauder smiled, "But there is a method to this, Cthulhu, because some day, down the line, in your darkest moment of despair, you will realize that for all of your planning, all of your statistical analysis, all of your brilliance, you are not the master of your own fate. I own you, Cthulhu, even if you don't realize it yet, I own you and I own your team. The Syndicate is your home, Cthulhu, step under my wing, join your voice in our choir and I will give you a share of my glory."

Marauder shook his head, "Sadly, I am not sure that you're quite ready to make that commitment, and so I must be cruel to be kind. But I can wait, CthulhuDreams, because, in the end, all roads lead to me."

GAME NOTES

-Clearly, Randy Reese is the only man who can save this team!

-No one stole any bases, or even attempted to do so, mainly because both teams are rather slow on the basepaths, not to mention neither owner having much taste of aggressive base-running.

Box Score

Super-League Super-Circuit Court posted:

Rochester Generics, LLC

v.

Smasher Dynamo in his official capacity as Commissar of the Super-League

ORDER DENYING PLAINTIFFS' REQUEST FOR A PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION

Background

Plaintiff has sued Defendant in order to prevent the return of the Rockford Losers to the Super-League, and has filed for a preliminary injunction to enjoin the Losers from rejoining the league pending the outcome of their suit. For a variety of reasons, this court must DENY this injunction.

Analysis

As always, a request for a preliminary injunction is subject to a four-part test, asking (1) Whether the movant has a likelihood of success in the suit, (2) Whether there is a serious threat of irreparable injury, (3) That the balance of harms weighs in favor of the injunction, and (4) whether there is a public interest in the granting of the injunction.

1. Likelihood of Success on the Merits

The first factor to consider is whether or not Plaintiff is likely to succeed on the merits of his case should the suit proceed. In this instance, it is unclear whether or not that is the case. Plaintiff claims that by allowing the Losers to return, Defendant is violating the Super-League's constitutional norms, to wit, that any team defeated by the Macho Men be permanently disbanded and erased from all existence in perpetuity.

While that is true as a general precept, it does ignore the case of Marauder v. All Mankind 43 S.L. X 701 (2013), where Marauder was able to return the Fukuoka Finger-Bangers to the league by dint of winning the so-called "Purgatory Gauntlet." That precedent seems fitting here, as the Rockford Losers were able to secure their own resurrection by means of winning the Tag Team Tournament, a contest of comparable difficulty.

2. Threat of Irreparable Harm

Plaintiff next contends that the return of the Losers carries with it a serious threat of irreparable injury. To that, the court cannot help but agree.

In support of this claim, Plaintiff has furnished the court a copy of a recent box score of a game between the Generics and the Great Plains Revolution who would be replaced by the Rockford Losers should Plaintiff's claim fail. In that game, the Generics, by all accounts a middling team, was able to easily dispatch the Revolution. Against the Losers, on the other hand, the Generics would certain fare much worse, and their career record against the Losers has best been described as "abysmal."

Moreover, Plaintiff contends that the Losers have a penchant for brutalizing or maiming their opponents in competition, listing as evidence a long series of atrocities committed by the Losers over the course of several seasons, including several dismemberments, numermous acts of arson, and the complete destruction of Cleveland, Ohio. Granted, the destruction of Cleveland is hardly cause for concern in the 21st century, but the destructive tendencies and capabilities of the Rockford Losers cannot be overstated.

Finally, the injury the Plaintiff would likely suffer, and, according to their expert witness who testified at the hearing, it would likely involve Humungus removing one or more of kw0134's organs with his bare hands in violation of several health codes, could not be satisfied with mere money damages. While Defendant claims that kw0134 is, in fact, an eminently fungible owner, whose life and death can and should be bought and sold on the open market, the court feels that an equitable remeby may be justified here.

3. Balance of Harms

That said, the court still finds that the balance of harms weighs against entered an injunction at this time.

While the Generics will no doubt have the quality of their lives negatively impacted by the return of the Losers, it is clear that the harm to the Super-League would be greater if they were not returned.

As Defendant has explained in his brief, the Super-League is full of disbelievers and malcontents, and only the burning fury of the Losers will cleanse the ranks of the unworthy. The court must sadly conclude that Defendant's observation of the current state of Super-League owners is accurate, and that a crucible of faith is needed to form a better league.

4. Public Interest

It is axiomatic in the Super-League that, "The Commissar's interest is the Public Interest", CthulhuDreams v. Smasher Dynamo, 55 S.L. XI 17, (5th Cir. 2013). In this case, the Commissar's interest is in seeing the Losers return. Therefore, the public interest weighs against the granting of a preliminary injunction.

Conclusion

For the preceding reasons, Plaintiffs' request to enjoin the Rockford Losers from returning to the Super-League as of Super-League XIII is DENIED.

So Ordered,

Smasher Dynamo

Exhibit A

Team Statistics

Analysis

On the plus side, that was your last series against the Bangers this season.

Analysis

Things are not going great.

Analysis

There's talent here to do something, but your road to survival is going to run through the Gauntlet.

Analysis

RIP

Analysis

CURSED!

Analysis

Despite having two Ruths, I'm not sure that the Dinger Temple ever did much good for your team. Fortunately, you won't be playing there again.

Analysis

Your team is doing well, so, I thought I'd use this space to say that Dr. Wagner, Jr. is the greatest name for a wrestler ever.

Analysis

I feel like the Dinger Temple has made your offense look better than it really is.

Analysis

That was almost a very bad week, but they pulled out the last game of that Spooks series. Still, if a 3-3 week counts as a disappointment, things are going relatively well.

Analysis

The surge continues!

Analysis

Is there a reason you aren't using Catfish Hunter?

Analysis

A sweep of the division-leaders is never a bad thing, although I suppose the Muggers weren't leading the division by the end of the series.

Analysis

A lot of teams between the Oranges and a wildcard, but none of them are particularly impressive.

Analysis

A 3-4 week counts as an improvement.

Analysis

It's possible the Thunder might someday challenge the Bangers, but it's not going to be this season.

Analysis

Good thing the Losers are coming back, because this team was never going to make it.

Analysis

I do think Kershaw is usable in the Super-League. He had a bad start, but he's been better since then.

Analysis

Not enough pitching.

Analysis

Your bullpen hates you.

Analysis

Al Kaline is the enemy.

Analysis

Joe Torre can do many things, but putting him against a team like the Pharmas that runs a lot isn't the best fit.

Analysis

Poor Kernels.

Analysis

It's not over yet.

Analysis

Back in first with a 6-1 week.

Analysis

As far as no-power teams go, this one is pretty good. I just don't know if it can beat the Pirates.

Analysis

The Corp. goes up, the Corp. goes down.

Analysis

Just a very bad month for the Hipsters.

Analysis

This just wasn't a good season to lose Mike Pizza.

Analysis

The MACHINE is ready now, Mike Piazza will be ready after next week.

Analysis

Two games out of first place, and a three-game set against the Rakers next week. Make it happen.

Analysis

At least Pedro is back.

Analysis

Coldplay? Come on!

Analysis

Not that you really need the help, but Al Simmons is almost ready to come back.

Analysis

These numbers don't mean anything.

Standings

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

So close. Ah well. Replace Larry Doby with Ron LeFlore in RF for this week and replace Lance Parrish with Ted Simmons at C in all line-ups for both.

Batting order
RF Ron LeFlore
2B Lou Whitaker
LF Albert Pujols
3B Alex Rodriguez
CF Joe Dimaggio
SS Alan Trammell
1B Al Rosen
C Ted Simmons
DH Aramis Ramirez / P whoever it is

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Toss in Pete Donahue (so I can have two) and Curt 'Coonskin' Davis (most racist baseball nickname?) and we have a deal.

You will have to be more specific about these players (cannot find them); I am not willing to trade the Curt Davis in my bullpen for O'Farrell. Also, I would rather not trade a bunch of feeder players (over 2 players) for a catcher that will hopefully never see action after the EC.

Lets platoon Heinie Manush with Ken Boyer:

Versus RHP:
1. Roush (CF)
2. Manush (LF)
3. Musial (1B)
4. Klein (RF)
5. Allen (3B)
6. Peaches (C)
7. Myer (2B)
8. Travis (SS)
9. Auto-Out (P)

Versus LHP:
1. Roush (CF)
2. Boyer (LF)
3. Musial (1B)
4. Klein (RF)
5. Allen (3B)
6. Peaches (C)
7. Myer (2B)
8. Travis (SS)
9. Auto-Out (P)

Thanks,
Fonzie

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Swap Collins and Cobb in the lineup, please. I'm going to hold off on bringing Simmons back for one more week I think.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

New lineup:

1. Allen, 3B
2. Mays, CF
3. Cepeda, 1B
4. Palmeiro, DH
5. Larkin, SS
6. Rodriguez, C
7. O'Neil, RF
8. McCovey, LF
9. Oester, 2B

tadashi fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 1, 2014

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Expansion Cup June Injury Report

Akabira Killer Mikes
Milt Stock (2B) (Locked in Barrel) - 34 days

Chicago Corruption
Carlos Marmol (RP) (Good news!) - 49 days

Second City Sun Bears
Randy Johnson (SP) (Volkswagen Beetle) - Out For Season

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

I forgot to do this before yesterday morning but, yeah, put the Machine back in at SS.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Sure, it was in the Dinger Temple, but how in the hell does a team with 2 Ruths and a Gehrig lose 27-2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

theacox posted:

Sure, it was in the Dinger Temple, but how in the hell does a team with 2 Ruths and a Gehrig lose 27-2?

Obviously they are flawed. You should trade one to me.