Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Don't bother with armor or sanctuary shenanigans if you boost your agility really high. You can have a weapon stat of 5 but still hit dudes all the time while they always miss. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Also you make the game hang like a third of the time that you load a save, because of this

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

garth ferengi posted:

Also you make the game hang like a third of the time that you load a save, because of this

lol, congrats on your apotheosis.

naem
May 29, 2011

Wow yeah so about this solsthiem place. A terrible place, I've heard.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

all i wanted... was a pair of booooooots

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

naem posted:

Wow yeah so about this solsthiem place. A terrible place, I've heard.

There's a boat from Khuul, if you have any reason to go.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Chapter 4, in which we go to the Moons.

RAVAGE OF DAGOHT UR posted:

Chapter 4: CHAPTER 4: BATTLE AGANST SUPER NUMDIDUM

the nevereverineine got the sword he threw back. The super nudimmud shot eye lasers at him, and he parried it with the sword. The nerevarevarine jumped up into space, and did a pankatorsword on the super numidium, but it only made a single scartch. “numidiums made with body parts of lrokhan. But hart and brean of lorkhan are gone!” thought nerveaderineine. “what body left?” he wandered.

The neveravineine tired to use CHIM to telerpark super numidium out of airbus, but the super numidium just teleproted rgiht back. In agner, the nereveraine puncehd numidium inbto the sun so hard the dragon broak. The neverearineine jumped into the sun, and went to aetherios. There he met mnemoli, who was like “you are hottest guy lets bang” neveraineine said “sorry babe but im in the middle of fiting this super numidium.” menmolly said “you can defeat it with amaratnh” but before neveraraineine could ask what it is numdumdum punched him into oblivion.

There at oblivion hermaphordiyte mora was hanging and he said “nerevearineine, since you spared my life I will help you! Masser and secunda are the corps of lorkhan, so they must be the body bits powerings the super numidium.” the super nudmimud jumped and attempted to kick mora to death but the nerevarineine CHIM'd him out of the way. Then the neverainine teleprotted back to moons.

Nerevarineine blew up secunder with his sword. Super numidium got all angry and starrted firining a billlion lasers, but nervaringe picked up secunda and threw it into the path of the lasers. The moon exploded because of the lasers, and the numidium exploded so big that it was like another sun in the sky. Dagoth ur treleproted in. “YOU MAY HAVE DEFEATED SUPER NUMIDIUM BUT YOU CANNOT DEFAT ME, DAGOAT!” he yelled. “I WILL KILL YOU SO MUCH IT WILL GO BACK IN TIME AND YOU WILL DIE BACK WHEN YOU FOUGHT NEREREVARINE” yelled the neveraineine back.

This is the penultimate chapter. poo poo is "getting real" as the young people say.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

trying too hard: the post

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Mortimer posted:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Mortimer posted:

If it helps I didn't actually write this!

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
To be honest I don't think anyone wrote it

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
i improved voice acting in skyrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaaRPwkodI

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Give me the Sword of White Woe. Never know when I might go up against heavy armor.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

omg chael crash posted:

I'm going to just say it: Morrowind is played better as Morroblvion than regular or MGO.

Also, I liked that Red Eagle book in Skyrim that had the dude running at his enemies naked in the frozen north with just his fiery sword or whatever.

latepost: no

Morroblivion is a Cool Thing that should be played but it's not Morrowind and the only thing you get out of it if you start there is the urge to not ever take Jiub's boat to Cyrodiil. On that note: Jiub's boat never leaves so he either goes and takes a nap in the ship, stumbles around in Seyda Neen, or walks into the wilderness, never to be seen again.

I have FCOM/Morroblivion set up to play until Chocolate Pack 1.0 is out and the only part of Oblivion, even with FCOM, that I'm looking forward to is smashing into Cyrodiil like the goddamn Kool-Aid man with broken Morrowind stuff and flattening the game as fast as possible.

They also hosed up the Scroll of Icarian Flight and it's more the Scroll of Icarian Slow Trampoline to Death but they made Tinur's Hoptoad like a hundred times radder.

Another neat touch: Using Almsivi intervention can't help you in Cyrodiil because "You are out of the Tribunal's reach."

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Nothing but the original game can correctly render jiub.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

Jesus Christ

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Hog Butcher posted:

Jiub's looking awfully sunburned right there. He should really use sunscreen.

naem
May 29, 2011

Oh my god I'm flying

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

naem posted:

Oh my god I'm flying

It's not from a poorly crafted scroll you snagged off a badly dressed Bosmer outside Seyda Neen, is it?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Minarchist posted:

It's not from a poorly crafted scroll you snagged off a badly dressed Bosmer outside Seyda Neen, is it?

I still don't know how the gently caress he forgot to add Slowfall to the scroll. I mean, every single other scroll that fortifies Jump has a loving Slowfall component to it, but his doesn't.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Minarchist posted:

I think you mean the best scroll in the game if you have a ring of 1% slowfall

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I still don't know how the gently caress he forgot to add Slowfall to the scroll. I mean, every single other scroll that fortifies Jump has a loving Slowfall component to it, but his doesn't.

it fortifies acrobatics, not jump :goonsay:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

holy poo poo is this seriously what morroblivion looks like why do people loving play that

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

holy poo poo is this seriously what morroblivion looks like why do people loving play that

Dagoth Ur's face in that is a Dwemer shield and some rubies on top of a standard Dunmer model in a loincloth. No joke.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Gobblecoque posted:

that screenshot's from a few years ago and is running on an Intel 945 GPU on a budget core 2 duo, the only reason there's any lighting at all is because that's the only time i turned tlb off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxVfhjr90w I don't know what the voices are doing in this video because all scripted voices work in the real thing. This looks better though

SunAndSpring posted:

Dagoth Ur's face in that is a Dwemer shield and some rubies on top of a standard Dunmer model in a loincloth. No joke.

I will grab a screenshot when I get there.

edit: here's one from google:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the one time I tried morroblivion every door was locked because RADIANT AI so I couldnt go into stores or anything unless I unlocked them one at a time from the console

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

SunAndSpring posted:

That sounds like John Waters level awkward/sad

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the one time I tried morroblivion every door was locked because RADIANT AI so I couldnt go into stores or anything unless I unlocked them one at a time from the console

I had to break into Ghorak Manor (essential place for Nerevarines) and everyone immediately went hostile in there and pulled weapons, including one guy trying to punch me and hitting another of them

All of them chased me out and had a grand battle royale with the entire guard populace, who usually greet me in Morrowind with a chant in Unison of the same line but don't do so in Morroblivion

Long story short, I had like 12 dudes worth of loot to carry to Creeper.

edit: None of the infinite inventories exist in Morroblivion and I don't think Morrowind shopkeepers restock

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

That sounds like John Waters level awkward/sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKcIOFkr2Cg

Found it. Turns out, it's actually two Dwemer shields fused into Umaril's face on top of a standard Dunmer body in a loincloth. My mistake.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

that screenshot's from a few years ago and is running on an Intel 945 GPU on a budget core 2 duo, the only reason there's any lighting at all is because that's the only time i turned tlb off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxVfhjr90w I don't know what the voices are doing in this video because all scripted voices work in the real thing. This looks better though

oh, it doesn't have anything to do with the low settings, i had just forgotten that oblivion is pretty much the ugliest game ever.

also holy poo poo dagoth ur haha

Dec 26, 2012

hahahaha

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

oh, it doesn't have anything to do with the low settings, i had just forgotten that oblivion is pretty much the ugliest game ever.

also holy poo poo dagoth ur haha

I remember 2006 as being an ugly year for video gaming in general. Hard to believe that Crysis came out only a year later.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Welcome, Moon-and-Star. I have prepared a place for you :dong:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
You can't pay gold to guards, they take you to prison no matter what. edit: You can pay but you still get pulled to the nearest prison for... I dunno, it's the closest automated teller mudcrab

edit:

Some things actually look good

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 2, 2014

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Owns, like I said.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I made a ring of Assassinate rear end in a top hat for usage on dudes I don't like and it's a hell of a lot less subtle than it was in Morrowind

Serious George
Dec 29, 2010

In Britain, it means 'cigarettes'.
Late to the party, but goddamn Morrowind Overhaul looks great. I've seen the screenshots before but they didn't convince me to bother installing it. Finally broke down, and gotta say, in motion it is pretty drat amazing. My favourite is the Bitter Coast, it looks like the lush swampy area it was meant to be, christ just looking at it gives me whatever the TES version of malaria is.

Just one thing bothers me, in the Ashlands there are some pretty terrible repeating textures that look really bad from the distance. Still, ridiculous how they managed to hack a decade old engine to look better than it's sequel.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

did mgso replace furn_de_r_table_03 with an error symbol for anyone else? thanks for the overhaul guys, love every redoran building being full of floating yellow triangles

i fixed it but really now

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

did mgso replace furn_de_r_table_03 with an error symbol for anyone else? thanks for the overhaul guys, love every redoran building being full of floating yellow triangles

It's in the bug list, I think it's due to be fixed next patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

I was gonna say "read the op you stupid idiot" for the tenth time someone has said that, but that's the other morrowind modding topic. Which you posted in, so, "read the op you stupid idiot"

http://download.fliggerty.com/download--726

link to the MGSO unofficial patch

• Locked thread