Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Hazo posted:

^^^ Voltorb
Jynx had fists and ostensibly ice powers. What is a key ring going to do.

Kill dragons via kisses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Garbador is like Muk, but it's actually a design

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grump posted:

That would be cool if they modded Gold and Silver and gave Red the correct team.

This would unironically be "cool as hell"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like how your description of overdesigned is literally how I'd detail Mega Garchomp to someone who's never played pokemon.

Mega Garchomp is cool as gently caress, and best described as "it's an EVA. There, done."

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

But that keyring creature is a sign that someone lost his job as character designer, I hope.

Klefki is a beast. :colbert: That discussion probably isn't for this thread, though.

Also, is it basically confirmed that the next game is G/S/C?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Besides, honestly I love the goofy pokemon. They're easily the best part of the games and way better than poo poo like this

gently caress you mega absol. why did you turn into the most over the top stupid angel thing.

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

Zore posted:

Besides, honestly I love the goofy pokemon. They're easily the best part of the games and way better than poo poo like this

gently caress you mega absol. why did you turn into the most over the top stupid angel thing.

It doesn't even become Dark/Flying. Those wings are useless.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I love Dugtrio and Voltorb/Electrode and don't understand why some people don't like them.

Look at that grin.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zore posted:

It looks like a mega-pony or something :psyduck:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Alright, alright. I know we can disagree about ice cream and garbage. I think we all know that this is the best thing to come out of X/Y though:

Hawlucha. It's a hawk and a luchador. That's loving amazing.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hawlucha is the best pokemon ever made

bef posted:

It looks like a mega-pony or something :psyduck:

We ain't even gettin' started on mega-ponies

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

I just kinda wanted to post Magcargo, really.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
How can people complain about Garbardor when Muk exists. Now if people want to talk about terrible lazy design from gen 5 there always the monkeys. Yes those are 3 separate evolutionary families not a branching one like eevee.

edit: Also Mega Absol totally looks like they hired someone from deviant art to design it.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 2, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm pretty sure nothing beats the original forms of the genies in laziness.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
New pokemon designs are great!

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

Between his amazing pompadour and his :thumbsup:, how can you hate this guy?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The monkeys suck but I at least respect Simisage's grass mohawk.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

alcharagia posted:

The best pokemon

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

New pokemon designs are great!

:mad:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

avlein posted:

Between his amazing pompadour and his :thumbsup:, how can you hate this guy?

Leech Seed. And Ingrain.

But mostly Leech Seed. gently caress Leech Seed.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You know which Pokemon have dumb designs? The magmar line.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

He's so ready to destroy. :3:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Also those goddamn elemental monkey were everywhere, every single trainer and their grandmother had one early game. They were basically giving those things away, "oh hey your taking on the first gym, here have a complementary monkey". It didn't help that there were like 12 different wild Pokemon total before the second gym in B/W, 3 of which were the goddamn monkeys. They don't even have the dignity to evolve on there own you have to waist a stone the the stupid things.

edit: I need to post a non terrible pokemon to get the taste of those stupid monkeys out of my mouth. So have a Magnezone, now that's how you make a good magnemite evolution, non of this 3 stuck together crap gen 1 pulled.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 2, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

This honestly looks more like a Robot Master than a Pokemon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Magmortar looks like a Mega Man robot master and it owns. The best designs to me are Breloom, Murkrow, and Electivire

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

bef posted:

The best pokemon

This guy gets it

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Gen 1 introducing Jinx and Mr. Mime automatically made it the worst gen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vorpal Cat posted:

Also those goddamn elemental monkey were everywhere, every single trainer and their grandmother had one early game. They were basically giving those things away, "oh hey your taking on the first gym, here have a complementary monkey". It didn't help that there were like 12 different wild Pokemon total before the second gym in B/W, 3 of which were the goddamn monkeys. They don't even have the dignity to evolve on there own you have to waist a stone the the stupid things.

They used it in the first gym where the trainer and monkey you would face would be the one strong against your starter. Cool idea, keep you on your toes.

Except they give you the monkey that's strong against that right before.

:livintrope: CHALLENGE!

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
My avatar was supposed to be a Meowth, but another goon had Meowth reserved and then never went through with it so I don't have a Meowth avatar and this is a gross injustice.

Edit: Oh my god I've had this avatar for probably 6 years now and only just now realized he's supposed to be sitting in a tree, and not sitting on a dirt crossroad in a wheat field or something. I am sorry Chorocojo. I am an idiot.

vvvvvv But if it evolved into "Ducktrio" and was just three ducks that would be awesome as hell. vvvvvvv

Dr. Dos fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 2, 2014

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
I always considered Ducklett the most :effort: design in the series

It's just a duck they colored blue. It's name has the word duck in it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

YOURFRIEND posted:

You say that in a world where Finneon exists.

yay another generic fish

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

YOURFRIEND posted:

posted:

Get bent.
__________________________/

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zore posted:

You say that in a world where Finneon exists.

yay another generic fish

A generic fish with forgettable stats and, despite being a butterfly fish, isn't Water/Bug.

You messed up with Surskit once, Gamefreak. Then you messed up with Lumineon. Please, just this once give us a quality Bug/Water.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Vorpal Cat posted:

edit: I need to post a non terrible pokemon to get the taste of those stupid monkeys out of my mouth. So have a Magnezone, now that's how you make a good magnemite evolution, non of this 3 stuck together crap gen 1 pulled.

Magnezone loving rules. I like how they sorta made sense out of the "3 Magnemites Stuck Together" thing and had them fuse into one ultra Magnemite.

You know who I like? Ambipom. They took the most forgettable Pokemon and made him into this two-tailed doofus.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Rule number 1 of Pokemon no matter which one it is, its always someone's favorite Pokemon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Farfetch'd is my favorite Pokemon. It's just a bird with not great stats, but I like the guy!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm sure there is at least one Pokemon we can all agree is terrible

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Guys, remember stantler?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

alcharagia posted:

Magcargo was at least original. There were no snails and gen 3 was hurting pretty badly for fire-types.

Vorpal Cat posted:

Rule number 1 of Pokemon no matter which one it is, its always someone's favorite Pokemon.
The worst crime committed by Game Freak is that Farfetch'd doesn't have an evolution.

edit: oh neat, I'm not the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Stunfisk is a beautiful Pokemon.

• Locked thread