Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Star Man posted:

If you're willing to wait I will mail you a playset for free.

I only need the one, but I am SO open to that; I don't have Platinum though, so I can't send you a PM.

In related news, this is the deck I took to FNM:

quote:

Lands:

20x Island

1x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

// 21 total

Creatures:

1x Aetherling
3x Judge's Familiar
4x Cloudfin Raptor
4x Frostburn Weird
4x Tidebinder Mage
4x Nightveil Specter
4x Thassa, God of the Sea
4x Master of Waves

// 32 total

Instants:

2x Thassa's Rebuff
2x Cyclonic Rift

// 4 total

Artifacts:

3x Bident of Thassa

// 3 total

// 60 cards

Sideboard:

4x Triton Tactics
4x Annul
4x Swan Song
2x Gainsay
1x Pithing Needle

// 15 cards

As you can tell, I'm running a (relatively) poor man's Mono-Blue devotion whose sideboard is an unsightly mess of counters, one of which I don't even own a playset of (though I'm pretty sure two was enough). I probably would have finished actually getting the cards for it ages ago, if it weren't for the fact that I have been busy every Friday since I started testing it in a Dungeons & Dragons campaign; I'm building an EDH deck; I have an unhealthy attraction to foil cards (one of each of the creatures and the Nykthos were foils I got either from packs or at a remarkable discount on eBay), and Mutavault can't decide how prohibitively expensive it wants to be for a person to just drop about a Benjamin on a playset of a single card.

It did horribly, though a lot of that was impossibly lovely luck with lands, and I don't think I'm going to bring it to the Sunday tournament. I would've gone Saturday, but I decided to sleep all day and watch LEGO Movie with friends the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mezzanon posted:

Time for a Game-day review! I played in two events, going 4-0 in the first one to get a playmat and 1st place, and 3-1-1 in the second to get a 5th place finish, and a few packs.

I played this Mono-B aggro deck featuring Nighthowler and Agent of the Fates. Only notable change is that I cut the 2 Underworld Connections from the sideboard to make room for 2x Slaughter Games (gently caress yeah!)

Lands:

4x Temple of Malice
4x Blood Crypt
4x Mutavault
11 Swamp

// 23 Total

Creatures:

4x Tormented Hero
4x Pack Rat
4x Agent of Fates
3x Nighthowler
3x Herald of Torment
4x Grey Merchant

// 22 Total

Spells:

4x Thoughtseize
3x Eye Gouge
4x Hero's Downfall
3x Gift of Orzhova
1x Whip of erebos

// 15 Total

Sideboard:

2x Duress
3x Bile Blight
4x Dreadbore
4x Mizzium Mortars
2x Slaughter Games

// 15 Total

I friend of mine is running a BW version of this running Eidolon of Countless Battles and Ordeal of Erebos as well as Hero of Ioras.

Let's just say Bestow Eidolon, sac a dude, next turn double ordeal sac two dudes isn't very fun, especially since next turn you discard 4 cards on his next swing. :argh:

netcat posted:

Attacking with a 51/51 Lord of Extinction without trample into a Phyrexian Obliterator may not have been the best idea I've had recently

This is probably the most humorous thing I'll hear all day.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 2, 2014

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Attacking with a 51/51 Lord of Extinction without trample into a Phyrexian Obliterator may not have been the best idea I've had recently

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Count Bleck posted:

MSRP for Boosters for stores is 2 bucks a pack, which is what they'll buy them from you for.

No, MSRP is four bucks a pack, the two something per is the store's cost.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Literally The Worst posted:

No, MSRP is four bucks a pack, the two something per is the store's cost.

That's what he meant.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

My local store buys prize packs back at $3.50 per in store credit. It's awesome.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Tiebreaker math is dumb. I beat the winner of a draft in the last round of the draft and somehow managed to get 3rd place. This was bullshit.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So I attend a small free game day today with 17 people with MURDERGOATS (deck here- http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/murdergoats-01-03-14-1/ ), going 3-1 and 4th overall, here is a trip report-

Match 1- Bye. 1-0. Battled the horde and won and got a promo sin collector.

Match 2-Dedicated Phenax Mill 2-1- Game 1 I couldnt manage to land anything worthwhile and all my purphoros/token makers got milled, then he dropped phenax and milled me with my own akroan horses and flew over with specters. 0-1

Sideboarded in dark betrayal, slaughter games and pithing needle, Game 2: Managed to remove his specters and walls with dreadbore/dark betrayal and managed to drop purphoros and kept slamming molten births until I won by sheer mass of tokens. 1-1

Game 3- Turn 2 Young Pyromancer, Turn 3 Molten Birth, Turn 4 slaughter games naming phenax, taking one out of his hand and just couldn't come back after that. 2-1

Match 3-BotG tribute GR? 2-0- Game 1 He played imperious sunchaser and put the karametras favor on it and kept attacking with it, thats all he seemed to do as I created a huge board presence, he put down a fanatic of zenagos as his biggest threat but it got instantly doom bladed. 1-0

Game 2- Turn 3 molten birth, recurred it, turn 4 purphoros, turn 5 YP then molten birth and recur AGAIN, did 6, turn 6 molten birth twice for 12, turn 7 swung and pumped twice with purphoros- he had no chance.

Match 4- YP/Firedancer Burn- 0-2. Both games I kept stupid hands and got punished for it by burn spells, young pyromancer and friends. Sideboarded in anger of the gods game 2 and stayed with one blood crypt and two swamps for the rest of the game, brutal.

In the end, I was happy if I even just got one win but I got 4th and I am really happy for a free promo pain seer, sin collector, kioras follower and tromokratis. Trading post did not work for me at all, nor did ratchet bomb, will consider a different option next FNM.

Samael fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 2, 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Would someone post a pic of the promo Pain Seer? I didn't stick around long enough to see it.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Would someone post a pic of the promo Pain Seer? I didn't stick around long enough to see it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

These go for around 10 bucks.
I wish they didn't because I want to use them in my in-process BW aggro deck. :allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
drat, now I wish I tried harder yesterday.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

These go for around 10 bucks.
I wish they didn't because I want to use them in my in-process BW aggro deck. :allears:

I traded my 2 kiora followers for another one of these, want to get a playset of them eventually, they look so good.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Samael posted:

I traded my 2 kiora followers for another one of these, want to get a playset of them eventually, they look so good.

I just need one more. Top 8'd both game day events and won the second one where they decided to give out an extra Follower and Seer. :getin: Black heroic aggro, here I come.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I came in first at my 4-round game day. The playmat looks pretty sweet!

I was playing my B/W midrange deck and the only game I lost was to mono-B aggro in the finals. He wasn't playing Agent of the Fates, and I think that if he was it could have gone worse, but Whip of Erebos and Obzedat/Shadowborn Demon always manage to get the job done.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

First Bass posted:

It did horribly, though a lot of that was impossibly lovely luck with lands, and I don't think I'm going to bring it to the Sunday tournament. I would've gone Saturday, but I decided to sleep all day and watch LEGO Movie with friends the rest of it.

Doesn't mono-U play 25-26 lands? That may have been your problem.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Game Day Report!

I played my version of Bant Walkers to two Top 8 finishes.

Event 1 (15 players....it was 12:30, still "early", I'm amazed I was up in time)

Round 1 vs Esper Control:

Boring old Esper with like 2 win cons in the deck. Game 1 was incredibly long and only ended when my opponent resolved an Aetherling. Game 2 I smashed him after boarding in my Brimaz, Archangels, and Mistcutters. Game 3 I got into a dominating position and got him to 2 life in turns. If I'd had one more turn it would have been a win. Note to self: keep on top of other control players for slow play in game 1.

Round 2 vs....Esper Control again:

This was a little different, focusing on Ashiok and Jace, Memory Adept, instead of just not dying, which seemed to be my first opponent's Plan A. Game 1 I did get milled a lot, but was able to mop up every threat and ultimate Elspeth. Game 2 I sideboard into the creature plan again, especially good against this build of control which was light on countermagic (sure, use up your downfalls on angels!). It was rough, she got a turn 3 Ashiok that milled an Archangel off the top, turn 4 sacrificed Ashiok to play it. I had a D-Sphere but didn't have an untapped land for turn 3, she actually almost used +2 to keep Ashiok around which would have been great. Thankfully I had a Kiora, so I was able to keep it locked down the entire game (she was at a ridiculous number of counters, but especially after Elspeth arrived on the other side I couldn't afford to not lock the angel or my Jace couldn't hold off the tokens). I finally stuck my Aetherling on turn 7 and won in 3 turns.

Round 3 vs Murdergoats:

I posted about this match in the brewhaus since it was against another goon from this area. Game 1 I won pretty handily, didn't let anything stick around on board, countered all the Purphoros. Game 2 was ridiculous. He brought in Slaughter Games and took my Elspeth and Aetherling, killed all of my Kioras eventually. I countered all of his things or D-Sphered them, board wiped any tokens he managed to get. I eventually got to ultimate a Jace, took his last Tymaret. We literally had zero win conditions in either of the two decks, he only had a Molten Birth in hand while I was holding two Verdicts still. Literally the only live card was his one-of Ratchet Bomb, which he did draw and tick up to 3, but too late. He only destroyed the D-Spheres after time had been called, so he got back a Purphoros and a Chandra, with nothing else but a Trading Post on board. I was at 14. He managed to make Goats and reclaim a Tymaret, used Purphoros pumps in his final turn to muster 17 points of damage, plus another 5 if he made a goat and flung it with Tymaret and activated Chandra to ping. I had a Revelation I cast for 10....it would have been more but I had only 11 cards in my deck. Survived at 2, draw, win the round.

Quarterfinals vs Selesnya Aggro:

Lost 2-0. I even had amazing hands, my opponent just drew two god hands with perfect curves and Rootborn Defenses he could follow up with huge Mistcutters. What can you do, sometimes you get lucky like that. Wound up taking 6th. Rushed on over to my other store.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event 2 (32 players)

Round 1 vs Bant Walkers:

Oh the mirror match....I won game 1 with my Aetherling, which my opponent playing a stock list didn't have. This is why you don't just play what other people say is good, I knew I'd be facing a lot of control today and an Aetherling in the main saves lives. His sideboard isn't nearly as good though, he can't afford Brimaz or Archangels, so I crushed him game 2.

Round 2 vs Esper Control:

This day was shaping up to be a special kind of hell; except for the 0-2 in top 8 against Selesnya, I had played nothing but control matches all day. Sure enough, game 1 I lost to a resolved Aetherling (Esper just has way more counters in game 1, I can't win that war). Game 2 I won with my creatures in turn 1 of extra turns (d-sphere to clear away Elspeth tokens, Mistcutter for the rest of my mana, swing that plus Aetherling for lethal). He could have survived the turn had he not blinked his Aetherling in response to the Sphere, I would have taken his Aetherling and he could chump with his Sin Collector, but he wouldn't have drawn a wrath and I would have won in turn 3 instead. Draw.

Round 3 vs White Weenie:

2-0 in like 5 minutes. Game 1 I didn't even wrath, I had d-sphere plus Jace. Elspeth on time on turn 6, scoop. Game 2 I only brought in Revoke Existence and Glare of Heresy. Same pattern, only with a Verdict into Jace then Elspeth. Finally got a break to go get some food.

Round 4 vs Naya Enchantments:

2-0 in about 5 minutes as well. Drew all of my Azorius Charms both games. Kiora is SO good against decks like this that only deploy a single huge threat. Boring match, very one-sided.

Round 5 vs Simic:

My old Simic deck someone copied and tweaked. Very bad against control since by its nature it has to over-extend into Verdicts. I got to release the Kraken game 1. Game 2 he actually killed Kiora with a Mistcutter, but I was able to sweep the board and he was stuck on just his 3 lands without his mana creatures, landed Elspeth for the win.

Quarterfinals vs Mono Black:

Game 1 is very one-sided. D-Sphere your Connections, Verdict your Rats, Charm your Demons, Elspeth wins. Game 2 was much more interesting. I actually made one misplay that saved me. He played a Desecration Demon and Underworld Connections. I played my Verdict because I was at 8, but instead of using my last 3 mana to Sphere the Connections, I played my Brimaz. His next turn he then played a second Connections, so I was able to get a 2-for-1. Had I played the Sphere properly I would have probably lost that game because he would have gotten his Erebos soon enough to prevent the life gain from my Revelation. I eventually won with Kiora.

Semifinals vs Esper Control:

Same opponent I drew with in Round 2, so I was rather concerned. However, this time I curved out perfectly and drew my counterspells. I was able to bait out his counters with walkers and then stuck my Aetherling. Game 2, as usual, I switch to creatures. He mopped up my Brimaz x 2 and Kiora, we battled over my Elspeth for a bit, and then I just stuck an Archangel he couldn't deal with and my token army got huge. 2-0 for a refreshing change against Esper.

Finals vs GR Monsters:

Game 1 I lost very quickly. My opponent had one of those god hands, and I was having flashbacks to the Selesnya loss from earlier. I sideboarded into creatures, because I just can't deal with Dragons without the additional life gain from Archangel of Thune. I have to race it. Game 2 I did just that, and Archangel followed by a Mistcutter for 6 won the game.

Game 3 still pisses me off. My opponent had been bragging the entire night that he hadn't mulliganed once, even when he should have. He looks at his hand and says he can't cast a single spell in his hand but he'll keep it anyway. I look at a hand of land, land, sphere, verdict, verdict, verdict, revelation. TEMPTING, but I pass, and I'm rewarded with a sweet 6 for this deck -- land, land, land, sphere, verdict, revelation. Excellent, let's go.

My opponent, as it turns out, kept on two lands, one of which was a Mutavault, and did not draw any more for a while. It's unfortunate, because I'm holding onto 2 dead cards, and I drew another sphere and verdict. I wish I could draw a Jace or something to take advantage and advance my board. I did draw land, though, to get up to 6. At one point my opponent finally draws a forest and can play a Caryatid into a Courser of Kruphix. After a couple of whiffs, he hits a cluster of lands after already playing two Caryatids he had drawn back to back, so he was off at 6 mana suddenly.

In this time, I haven't drawn a single land. I've cast two revelations for 3 and drawn for five turns plus one scry off of a Dissolve that put a non-land to the bottom. In 12 cards not ONE freaking land, so I'm stuck on one spell per turn. I have nothing but an Archangel down.

I drop an Elspeth knowing he had a Ruric Thar in hand and was going to be able to finally cast it. He follows up with Garruk, minus for Ruric Thar, keeps his hand on it knowing I'm going to minus Elspeth to kill it immediately. He seems HAPPY about this....because he has a second one in hand he plays the next turn. At least I had an archangel, so I was able to swing before the second Ruric Thar hit and get one trigger so my tokens can fend it off until I can tick Elspeth back up. I just have to survive ONE turn, right? Tokens can block, I know he has a Flesh//Blood he drew revealed off the Courser, but even a Dragon isn't lethal, I'd survive at 2 and wipe the board with Elspeth.

No, the rear end in a top hat has a second Flesh//Blood. He kept an opening hand of Mountain, Mutavault, Courser, Ruric Thar, Flesh//Blood, Garruk, Garruk, drew an extra copy of both Ruric Thar and Flesh//Blood before even drawing the land to cast the first copies.

I was not pleased, to say the least. Second is nice, much better than going out in 9th with my breakers 5% under the 8th seed like I have been lately (drat anyone who drops with just 1 round to go, just wait 10 seconds and concede to your last opponent so they don't get a bye and someone else's breakers don't get hosed)...but it's just infuriating when your opponent is an rear end and brags about his ridiculously stupid keep that he was beyond lucky to draw out of while I was simultaneously mana screwed on an amazing 6-card hand. Had I just drawn a Jace or Kiora or something I would have been fine...or even land so I could advance my board and hold up a counter! But I think given the circumstances I played it correctly, knowing I had to prepare my Elspeth to destroy Ruric Thar without taking damage, I can't play around him having kept extra copies in his opener (since when is Ruric Thar more than a 1-of anyway).

What can you do, sometimes playing correctly will only take you so far in this game. I think it would have helped if it were any other opponent there last night, this guy was there with his posse of total douchebag bros who would not shut up the entire game about how amazing he was for keeping that hand. Losing to total bullshit bad luck sucks hard in general, I could have done without the running commentary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That last game aside, though, I'm very pleased overall. My version of this deck was very resilient, especially in a field with so much control (actually...there weren't that many decks, I just somehow got paired against ALL of them in both events). I think I played extremely well and can only identify two or three misplays, one of which turned out to be fortuitous in the end.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Control vs. Control durdles

You've handily reminded me why I hate control, playing as or against. I like to win or loose in 5 minutes so I can take a wiz and a get a drink, I'll stick to aggro and burn. :)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

jassi007 posted:

You've handily reminded me why I hate control, playing as or against. I like to win or loose in 5 minutes so I can take a wiz and a get a drink, I'll stick to aggro and burn. :)

Bant isn't as control-y, it actually has win conditions for 1/3 of the deck. The problem is Esper, and always has been....I'll never understand playing only 2 or 3 cards you can win with in the entire deck, that's so boring to just sit there hoping not to die before you draw it.

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems
All of the archetypes in standard seem awful to play/play against.

5 flavors of the same aggro deck
Every variety of U/W control

The only standout and cool deck is G/B graveyard shenanigans deck using Nemesis.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Mulletstation posted:

The only standout and cool deck is G/B graveyard shenanigans deck using Nemesis.

The decks in our LGS were Golgari midrange, phenax mill, B/W extort, B/W lifegain w/ angelic accord etc, YP/Firedancer burn, GR monsters, mono blue devotion, GR tribute and mono white weenie that I saw. There wasn't one control deck in sight and I only ever saw one thoughtseize been played, it was great.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Bant isn't as control-y, it actually has win conditions for 1/3 of the deck. The problem is Esper, and always has been....I'll never understand playing only 2 or 3 cards you can win with in the entire deck, that's so boring to just sit there hoping not to die before you draw it.

I like to jam out 1 Elixir and 1 Elspeth as my win conditions, am I a bad person?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sampatrick posted:

I like to jam out 1 Elixir and 1 Elspeth as my win conditions, am I a bad person?

The worst. May you draw every match forever and never place.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

jassi007 posted:

The worst. May you draw every match forever and never place.

The goal is to win game 1 and then just go to time in the next game.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Sampatrick posted:

The goal is to win game 1 and then just go to time in the next game.

I hate it

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

uggy posted:

I hate it

Its fun!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Mulletstation posted:

I feel like I have about a week before Archetype of Endurance ruins Pauper Commander forever.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I won a game against esper using Psychic Spiral. That is my contribution to Esperchat

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I wasn't very good with it, but I enjoyed playing Ben Stark's Esper Drownyard last Standard. No maindeck win conditions other than Nephalia Drownyard, and 34 cards that do nothing but keep you alive until your lands finish off your opponent. It was a blast. I am aware how horrible of a person this makes me.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

tzirean posted:

I wasn't very good with it, but I enjoyed playing Ben Stark's Esper Drownyard last Standard. No maindeck win conditions other than Nephalia Drownyard, and 34 cards that do nothing but keep you alive until your lands finish off your opponent. It was a blast. I am aware how horrible of a person this makes me.

I showed up at fnm at a friends shop right before theros prerelease last inn block legal fnm. I came with naya humans and stomped two of those goofy control decks. They were pretty salty about it to.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Infect player on SCG in Legacy managing to force through lethal past a blocker and 2 counters on Jitte, while going down to 1 life, and after having to Brainstorm twice to assemble the kill that wasn't initially in his hand, was amazing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Andrew Cuneo has played some of the most ridiculously do nothing control decks I have ever seen and he never goes to time on MTGO and doesn't go to turns. Y'all need to learn how to play your deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mulletstation posted:

GR monsters is a midrange deck and mono black is control. MonoU is the only tier1 aggro deck in standard now.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Cracked a foil Pain Seer. Got all excited, then found out that they're kind of worthless. :(

I hope someone breaks this for Standard and it's value goes up. It ain't no Bob but it's something :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Revitalized posted:

Cracked a foil Pain Seer. Got all excited, then found out that they're kind of worthless. :(

I hope someone breaks this for Standard and it's value goes up. It ain't no Bob but it's something :(

It's not worthless. There will be a good mono black aggro deck that will run 4of after rotation.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
I like having a couple for rakdos humans. Almost everything in the deck has haste except for that and xathrid necromancer, but it's not as big a deal to have it drop on turn two without haste. Works great with mogis marauder on turn 3!

Also the two toughness is quite nice.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

uggy posted:

I like having a couple for rakdos humans. Almost everything in the deck has haste except for that and xathrid necromancer, but it's not as big a deal to have it drop on turn two without haste. Works great with mogis marauder on turn 3!

Also the two toughness is quite nice.

I took out all 4 Shred-Freaks for it. I only had 3 for game day, and my friend was playing the deck, but he said they were always good compared to Shred-Freak. Obviously it's even better with a Madcap Skills. He kept pulling lands off of his in our one game and getting more gas in his actual draws, which further complicated the fact that I couldn't kill it with Golgari Charm, unlike all his other stuff. I ended up getting my 4th copy for being in 5th place and threw it right in there.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

It looks loving gorgeous IRL since the foiling gives it a great sense of depth.

I also like the Kiora's follower since it looks like someone actually drew it rather than being a low effort photoshop CGI render

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

A big flaming stink posted:

I also like the Kiora's follower since it looks like someone actually drew it rather than being a low effort photoshop CGI render

Deschamps' art is sweet: take that back. Look at that detail on the tridents and his skin, and the use of colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

rabidsquid posted:

Andrew Cuneo has played some of the most ridiculously do nothing control decks I have ever seen and he never goes to time on MTGO and doesn't go to turns. Y'all need to learn how to play your deck.

As an addendum: if your deck has a harder time winning than Andrew Cuneo's gameplan of milling you out with a Codex Shredder, you are a terrible deckbuilder.

• Locked thread