Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

And now I reminded myself how disappointed I am I never had enough money to buy Go-Onger's mecha toys.

No offense but why? I've seen pictures of the Japanese G-12 and it doesn't look playable at all. The arms and legs are too long and spindly, with him looking like he's about to fall over. Not to mention that the individual zords are so small (and not exactly show accurate) that they by themselves don't seem to be any more fun than, say, a hot wheels car. I would hate to see what the American versions were like since, supposedly, those were somehow even smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I don't think most adult collectors actually play with poo poo. They just own it to display or sometimes just to own it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I don't think most adult collectors actually play with poo poo. They just own it to display or sometimes just to own it.

I don't know about other people, but I definitely play with all my expensive Japanese children's toys. :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just to absolutely make sure you haven't forgotten these are the same people that wrote Samurai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9CkwCZsOk

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Tae posted:

Just to absolutely make sure you haven't forgotten these are the same people that wrote Samurai:

I can't really say anything that your video title doesn't.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tae posted:

They could've at least done what Turbo did when they transitioned into In Space and just change up the colors so the characters fit better.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Tae posted:

Why not just dub the sentai at this point?

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Scratchman Apoo posted:

asian people don't test as well with the target demo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Apparently Skull is getting one of the Legacy Rider Locks. Which means I'll have to buy one. And A driver. Japan's stealing all of my money basically.

Oh man I hope it says "NOBODY'S PERFECT" in that chipper voice it uses for "NEVER GIVE UP"

Apollove
May 31, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Apparently Skull is getting one of the Legacy Rider Locks. Which means I'll have to buy one. And A driver. Japan's stealing all of my money basically.

Oh man I hope it says "NOBODY'S PERFECT" in that chipper voice it uses for "NEVER GIVE UP"

It'll probably just be a Ryugen one, because guns.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Because they want people to actually tune in and watch it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

If it was a Ryugen one it'd have the three buttons on the side, a regular lock means Gaim/Zangetsu/Bravo. Baron/Gridon type has a thinner switch on the side.

Zangetsu locks are all japanese, Gaims are half-half, Bravo's are all english with a MISTEEEERRRR title (Beast is MISTER MAYONNAISE, Knuckle is MISTER KNOCKOUT , etc.)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rei_ posted:

Beast is MISTER MAYONNAISE

:swoon: That is almost great enough to make me want to actually purchase a lockseed.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Potsticker posted:

:swoon: That is almost great enough to make me want to actually purchase a lockseed.

He's a cheapo one, too. The Beast lockseed came with bandages or something, I think CSToys had it a little while ago, otherwise it'd show up on Mandarake.

edit: Actually, shows what I know. Meteor's lockseed is a Gaim-type too and it has a Ryugen soundchip. loving weird.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Would a belt gimmick of a record player with different fighting style records be cool for a secondary rider? Like say, the first record that the rider has, has an A side and a B side, transform using the A-side you get a large conducting baton staff, B-side gives them a Gun or something. And then they could eventually scratch the record to access "Remix" form, which makes afterimages of themself. Kinda like Dragotime I guess, but as an ultimate form.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tae posted:

Well I certainly don't see anything wrong with this, after all remember all the times in Megaforce when Noah displayed his expert swordsmanship, such as

Xelkelvos posted:

They could've at least done what Turbo did when they transitioned into In Space and just change up the colors so the characters fit better.

I guess the reason they didn't do that is because the pirate suits are "Super Mega Mode" which basically means they're supposed to be viewed as a power up to their Megaforce suits, not their own suits. That's what I'm getting since in episode 2 they still used the Gosei Morphers and cards to transform instead of going straight to pirate mode. Even though switching up the colors (so, for example, Jake becomes blue because he used an axe and sword is still melee, and Noah gets green because he used bowgun and the guns are ranged) would make more sense, they know it would look weird for the blue guy to turn into the green one and the black one to turn into the blue one. And they already had to (not) deal with the fact that black becomes green.

Cliff Racer posted:

No offense but why? I've seen pictures of the Japanese G-12 and it doesn't look playable at all

Go-Onger was my first Sentai series and I loved the Engines, it gave the show a feel that, while I can say that series I saw later were better story-wise or character-wise, hasn't been matched to me. Go-Busters came the closest as far as the Buddyroids being their partners, but it wasn't quite the same (mostly because the Buddyroids often stayed in the base).

And besides, it not being playable doesn't really seem different from the import Shinken-Oh I got from Toys R' Us, that thing doesn't really do a lot either. And oddly, has a worse sword than the American counterpart. Again, I just really like the Engines and want to own the clusterfuck that is G12 because I think it's awesome.

If we're talking about the mecha I want the most though, it would be a dream come true if I could own the Dairanger mecha. I had the Red Dragonzord toy as a kid but never was able to get the others, and having the whole set would be like a childhood dream fulfilled or something.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Rei_ posted:

edit: Actually, shows what I know. Meteor's lockseed is a Gaim-type too and it has a Ryugen soundchip. loving weird.

Yeah, I think just in general the legacy Lockseeds' soundclips don't necessarily match up with their design. Kuuga's switch is Gaim-based but the soundclip is Ryugen's. Kabuto's is...weird and I can't figure it out (Gaim lock, Baron sound?).

e: vvvvv Right, I forgot the Gaim style ones use partially English phrases.

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 28, 2014

Apollove
May 31, 2013

melodicwaffle posted:

Kabuto's is...weird and I can't figure it out (Gaim lock, Baron sound?).

Kabuto's is a Gaim sound, it says "Ten no Michi, My Way" Or something similar to that

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Rei_ posted:

He's a cheapo one, too. The Beast lockseed came with bandages or something, I think CSToys had it a little while ago, otherwise it'd show up on Mandarake.

That's not weird at all because Meteor yelled kung fu crap and Ryugen is Chinese style

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I thought nothing to top ovirapoo, but here it is.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

People, 2014 is going to be a very strange year for Toku and I'm taking Starfish Hitler into account here.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So I haven't watched Kyuryuger but the Violet's Henshin is the best thing. (It's the dorky dad in the lab coat)
Is that character as fun as I think he is?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He is barely in the series.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm probably going to end up watching it anyway, dancing henshin is too great a concept. :allears:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Zedd posted:

So I haven't watched Kyuryuger but the Violet's Henshin is the best thing. (It's the dorky dad in the lab coat)
Is that character as fun as I think he is?

The whole series is just as fun, and though that character is only in it for about 3 episodes, he's the announcer for the series so you get to hear him all the time.

I believe he's a famous comedian or something that is known for his crazy loud screaming voice stuff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Be amazed at dem eyebrows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuD2R23unuE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Candelira is singing the opening.

She and Luckyuro are the new Torin.

Utchy's grandson is an rear end in a top hat.

THE BAD GUYS ARE DOING THE DANCE.

:catstare:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

He is barely in the series.

He's in literally every episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rei_ posted:

He's in literally every episode.

In voice. That's not what I meant.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HKR posted:

I believe he's a famous comedian or something that is known for his crazy loud screaming voice stuff.

He's a really well-known voice actor, actually. His name is Shigeru Chiba, and you might know him as the voice of Buggy the Clown, Kazuma Kuwabara, Pilaf, Raditz, and many, many others.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Masami Obari did his own take on ToQ-Oh's attack:

:allears:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
ToQ6's mecha leaked:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Toot toot, traindick.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Serperoth posted:

Masami Obari did his own take on ToQ-Oh's attack:

:allears:

Yup, that's as Obari as gently caress.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Can anyone seed the 01-24 SD batch release of Go-Busters from OT? My brother wanted to check out the series and I'm stuck at 89 percent.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

That explains the train dong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You know, I don't anyone here would call Gokaiger a subtle show by any means, but comparisons are a funny thing when the other can't shut up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyHySPhQ-E

• Locked thread