Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I'm looking for a youtube clip from one of the Spider-man games. It's not really a glitch, but the player didn't hit a QTE button and the end result was Spidey faceplanting on the ground and the building exploding. Help a goon out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

kinmik posted:

I'm looking for a youtube clip from one of the Spider-man games. It's not really a glitch, but the player didn't hit a QTE button and the end result was Spidey faceplanting on the ground and the building exploding. Help a goon out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU

*splat* "I'm going to die :ohdear:"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
e: AGH

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

kinmik posted:

First result on Youtube for "spider-man qte" :v: It's a thing of beauty.

I'm going to die-eee :shepface: KABOOM

E: Guess I missed the QTE

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

TheRamblingSoul posted:

On a similar note, corruptions are pretty hilarious, like this N64 Sesame Street game.

This is a classic, and the video that made me subscribe. I swear it says "Kermit, you're dead!" at 1:06.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus, put that in the OP.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's far from a glitch though.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Been looking up info on the early beta disc for MGS1, there's this guy on youtube who has hacked it open a bit using a memory editor, makes for some pretty funny moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVCBIWwuBlI
He has other vids on it as well.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Metal Gear Solid 2 ladder glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzR6gu8Jecs

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I haven't seen this posted here, but it deserves to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33uXQlVmnM

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I had a few glitches with the Morrowind: Tribunal expansion years back.

One was not amusing. For some reason invisibility didn't work right in Tribunal areas so I couldn't bail out of fights with it anymore. I abused some mechanics and got through the game fairly underleveled so I was not really prepared for head on fighting.

The other was great. For another unknown reason the Boots of Blinding Speed didn't totally blind my character. Normally the % of blindness determines how dark your screen goes. The Boots of Blinding Speed raised your speed to absurd levels at the cost of 100% blindness, basically turning your view into a black screen aside from your hub. But with the glitch I could barely see, like it messed up and only did 95% blinding or something.

Where this came into play was a late expansion boss called The Imperfect. It's a huge golem that you fight in an arena. Since my character was underleveled and ill prepared for its magic attacks it would stomp the poo poo out of me in seconds. Then I got the idea to put on the Boots of Blinding Speed and run around in circles nipping at its heels with my weapon. Much, much later it was dead.

:buddy:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Parts Kit posted:

I had a few glitches with the Morrowind: Tribunal expansion years back.

One was not amusing. For some reason invisibility didn't work right in Tribunal areas so I couldn't bail out of fights with it anymore. I abused some mechanics and got through the game fairly underleveled so I was not really prepared for head on fighting.

The other was great. For another unknown reason the Boots of Blinding Speed didn't totally blind my character. Normally the % of blindness determines how dark your screen goes. The Boots of Blinding Speed raised your speed to absurd levels at the cost of 100% blindness, basically turning your view into a black screen aside from your hub. But with the glitch I could barely see, like it messed up and only did 95% blinding or something.

Where this came into play was a late expansion boss called The Imperfect. It's a huge golem that you fight in an arena. Since my character was underleveled and ill prepared for its magic attacks it would stomp the poo poo out of me in seconds. Then I got the idea to put on the Boots of Blinding Speed and run around in circles nipping at its heels with my weapon. Much, much later it was dead.

:buddy:

Not to burst your bubble, but I remember your Magic resistance would counteract the blindness, but not the speed. Once you get your resistance up to 100%, they don't blind you at all.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Not to burst your bubble, but I remember your Magic resistance would counteract the blindness, but not the speed. Once you get your resistance up to 100%, they don't blind you at all.
Hm, that's interesting. I don't remember having magic resistance but I suppose I could have had it on some item I forgot about.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Parts Kit posted:

Hm, that's interesting. I don't remember having magic resistance but I suppose I could have had it on some item I forgot about.

Breton and Orc both have it innate.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

From the iPad version of Surgeon Simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yUdW4jgmI

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Woah, that vid is rather :nms:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bridge Constructor

Eifert Posting posted:

Working. As. Intended.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Kennel posted:

Bridge Constructor

Ok, a bit off topic, but: between this, the surgery sim just posted, and the Goat Simulator video that never fails to amuse me, my dumbass 40 year old brain doesn't know what's a real game and what's a joke anymore :psyduck: Is there seriously a bridge-constructing sim game?

edit: haha, those trucks just going "wheeeEEE!" at the end of the gif, I don't care if it's a real game or not

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dude, bridge constructing is its own genre.

http://www.physicsgames.net/category/Construction_Games_1.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

An awesome genre too. :colbert:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Games in which the main adversary is physics have been around for decades, certainly since The Incredible Machine and probably earlier.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

haveblue posted:

Games in which the main adversary is physics have been around for decades, certainly since The Incredible Machine and probably earlier.

Yeah, but they've gotten infinitely better since Ragdoll Physics became a thing.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bridge building is a real world activity that translates very well to a video game.

It's still hilarious how the whole premise of the genre is pretty much "Build the cheapest bridge that barely passes the minimum safety regulations."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am glad bridge building simulators use wacky physics and cool poo poo unlike farming, trucking, or train simulators.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Decrepus posted:

I am glad bridge building simulators intentionally use wacky physics and cool poo poo unlike farming, trucking, or train simulators.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Kennel posted:

It's still hilarious how the whole premise of the genre is pretty much "Build the cheapest bridge that barely passes the minimum safety regulations."
Art imitates life, then.

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

Decrepus posted:

I am glad bridge building simulators use wacky physics and cool poo poo unlike farming, trucking, or train simulators.

Farming simulators mostly seem to be farm equipment simulators. I'd love to see a new SimFarm with all of the land management, crop choice/rotation, etc simulated.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Wow. Welp, yet another day that I get to tell my bf "you won't believe what I learned on SA today" (usually it's finding out weird history facts from various comics threads in BSS).

To go back on topic: said bf plays DC Universe Online, and has been having fun glitching his way outside the JLA Watchtower into space. I'll pester him for some screenshots if anyone's interested.

edit:

Who What Now posted:

An awesome genre too. :colbert:
I meant no disrespect, I'm just a bit out of the loop when it comes to vidja games. I just bought an Adversary by National Semiconductors last weekend bc that's how I roll

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Mar 7, 2014

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

General Specific posted:

Farming simulators mostly seem to be farm equipment simulators. I'd love to see a new SimFarm with all of the land management, crop choice/rotation, etc simulated.

Some of the newer Harvest Moons have introduced soil quality, different soil types and different seed growth times. It's not exactly SimFarm, but there is an element of thought about it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Corn Burst posted:

I was stuck on that cylinder for a couple of years. I would pick up the game, enjoy myself, get to Carnival Night Zone Act 2, and try at least 5 lives to bounce that thing perfectly before running out of time. loving Sonic 3 man.

I never once had trouble with the cylinder. Git gud, scrub :smuggo:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

haveblue posted:

I doubt anything is ever going to top Armadillo Run for me.

I think there was a puzzle I solved with a rocket, and a single length of string dangling from the back of the rocket. Altering the string just slightly enough to get the rocket to hit the armadillo, balance it on the tip of the rocket nose as it crossed a large gap, then flip around as it rolled off to hit the ball with the back end as the rocket twirled away, sending it into the goal.

No other game has topped the amount of fun I had coming up with ridiculous and improbable solutions to things as that game, and it was way, way more freeform than incredible machines or most other games.

e: It also had some hilarious and broken physics glitches:
warning: kind of annoying music in this video, but it has some of the glitches and shows some of the absurdity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH4SS2oG_uc

I liked it more for finding creative low cost solutions to things, but you could more or less do whatever.

e2: this video is closer to the experience of actually playing the game http://youtu.be/4JoPlcyxxb4

animatorZed has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Mar 8, 2014

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Roro posted:

Some of the newer Harvest Moons have introduced soil quality, different soil types and different seed growth times. It's not exactly SimFarm, but there is an element of thought about it.

My experience with Harvest Moon made me a very angry nerd when FarmVille was first coming out and I was helping my stepmom get used to it.
:goonsay:

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Kennel posted:

Bridge building is a real world activity that translates very well to a video game.

Though I think the best part about them, particularly the newer ones, is building bridges that in no way meet safety regulations, yet still allow you to win. As long as that last car or truck or train gets over, you've won, even if the "bridge" has been reduced to tiny chunks of lumber and I-beam traveling at escape velocity.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In Marvel Heroes, Ms. Marvel has a Unique Weapon called White Hole Gauntlets. One of the effects on the Gauntlets is to stick a 5 second DoT on targets, and if the target dies in that 5 seconds, it explodes.

In the X-Defense group mode, you fight wave after wave of enemies, and they get more powerful with each wave. Her Gauntlets have been bugged since at least January: Instead of the 5 scond DoT and Explosion hitting foes, it hits your team mates. And it gets more powerful with each wave, to the point where you can 1 shot the other 4 players on your team.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is this a glitch, or just someone with really bad luck?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
Pretty sure that's what happens when friendly fire is off.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Man, they just pilum on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
Half the fun of the bow weapons in TF2 is turning your teammates into giant pincushions :v: