Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Leo Showers posted:

Or play an Armored Battlegroup. Seriously having Leman Russes as the main force with a few Armored Fist squads supporting is pretty cool.

I really really need to buy IA1 vol 2 at some point so I can get a decent look of those rules because as I've mentioned before that is pretty much what I want to run as my IG.
Obviously filled up with all manner of different models as tanks because why the hell not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Guard don't have to do horde, they just can't really do elite. Multiple vet squads in valks are fine.

I'm pretty sure the Armoured Company rules got released on their website when they updated it all to fifth edition. Let me have a look.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

serious gaylord posted:

30k vs 40k is fun as hell but I've only ever dropped 4 Primarchs on the board just to see how much poo poo they could wreck together.

The answer is a lot.

I had Angron eat three D weapon hits in one game once. He's not even in the top tier of primarchs, and is goddamn near unstoppable.

Fulgrim can tear poo poo up too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Armored Battlegroup is pretty neat, one of my friends has IA 2nd Ed and whenever he runs Guard he runs AB. BS 4 Vanquishers and the ability to buy a co-axial Heavy Stubber than allows you to twin-link your main gun shots are great, Vanquisher Beast Hunter Shells (Small AP2 blast that inflicts Instant Death) are hilariously great, and there's a bunch of upgrades that can allow you to pimp your Leman Russes to no end, though most of them are terrible. Running Armored Battlegroup as Allies is also an easy way to get around Force Org restrictions, since if you're running IG and planning on running at least two tanks it only costs ten more points to take an AB detachment than it does to take them from within your own Force Org, and the AB tanks have better options. They even have a few special characters, though they aren't all that great.

Cassa posted:

Guard don't have to do horde, they just can't really do elite. Multiple vet squads in valks are fine.

I'm pretty sure the Armoured Company rules got released on their website when they updated it all to fifth edition. Let me have a look.

I will warn you, if you try running old-style Armored Battlegroup you're probably going to have someone try to break your legs at some point. The old Veteran Crew skills were ridiculously broken. Slick Loader was particularly hilarious, as it allowed you to fire your ordnance weapons twice in a single turn if you hadn't moved, could be taken by artillery, and only cost 20 points. It was a little ridiculous.

Edit: Actually I'm just going to copy all of the ace crew skills because they were all retarded, and if you took the Armored Battlegroup special character General Grizmund a single vehicle could take all of them.

quote:

ACE CREW SKILLS
Many Imperial Guard armoured regiments have fought in the
Imperium’s wars for decades and gained much experience.
Any vehicle can be upgraded to an Ace Crew. Veterans of
many campaigns, these are the best crews, well disciplined,
experienced and well led. Any vehicle in an Armoured Battle
Group can take a single Ace Crew skill. No vehicle may take
more than one Ace Crew skill.
These skills can only be taken for standard vehicles. They
cannot be taken by Weapons Platforms, Cyclops, Super-heavy
vehicles or for any Imperial Navy aircraft.
Skilled Driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +5 pts
The driver can keep the tank moving, even in difficult terrain,
finding the best routes of attack, picking the easiest routes
across the ground. Using this skill you can re-roll the dice for
crossing difficult ground. You must abide by the re-roll result
even if it is worse.
Night Fighters . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +5 pts
The crew are experienced in fighting battles at night. They may
re-roll the dice when rolling to determine how far they can see
using Night Fight special rules. You must abide by the re-roll
result even if it is worse.
Ace Gunner . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +10 pts
The gunner has an eye for finding weak spots on enemy
vehicles. After rolling to hit, the gunner may add +1 to the
Armour Penetration roll.
Disciplined Crew . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +10 pts
The crew have great discipline and mental strength. Ignore the
effects of the first Crew Stunned result they suffer in the game.
Gung-ho! Crew. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +5 pts
The tank crew are happiest storming through the heart of the
battle, where they can do the most damage. They are
unperturbed by the presence of enemy infantry – for them it is
just a target rich environment, they just keep on charging! An
enemy infantry unit forced to take a Tank Shock test by this
vehicle does so at -1 to their Leadership.
Battle Hardened Crew . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +10 pts
This crew is tough as old boots and have seen it all before.
Nothing phases them, even in the heat of battle they grit their
teeth and keep fighting. If the vehicle takes a Crew Shaken
result on the Damage table, then roll a D6. On a 4+ ignore the
result, the Battle Hardened Crew are unshaken by the enemy
fire and fight on regardless.
Veteran Commander . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +10 pts
The commander is a veteran of many campaigns and knows
how to keep his men fighting at their peak. The veteran
commander gives the tank a single re-roll for the battle. This reroll
can be used on any one D6 roll which relates to the tank’s
action, this could be crossing difficult terrain, rolling to hit with
a weapon, rolling to wound or for armour penetration. Note it is
only a single dice, so the re-roll would allow one miss with the
heavy bolter to be re-rolled, not all misses. It cannot be used
on the Scatter dice, but can be used on a dice roll for the
distance scattered. It cannot be used on rolls made by the
enemy, such as Morale tests against Tank Shock, or armour
saves.
Slick Loader . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +20 pts
The vehicle’s loader quickly gets the main gun ready to fire
after each shot. If the vehicle remains stationary, it may fire its
main weapon twice in one turn. The second shot must be at the
same target as the first. The vehicle cannot move at all and
cannot fire any other weapons in the turn this skill is used. The
weapon fired must be an ordnance weapon, you cannot use
this skill on a heavy weapon.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 3, 2014

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Leo Showers posted:

Or play an Armored Battlegroup. Seriously having Leman Russes as the main force with a few Armored Fist squads supporting is pretty cool.

That too. He could theoretically save money if he was to buy a FW DKoK Siege of Vraks armoured battlegroup, which can use Leman Russes as troops. I'm willing to bet that'd be cheaper than a run of the mill IG horde army, ironically.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
IA1 2nd edition is like 14 months old so it's a 6th edition book, no reason to use ancient Vraks books or 5th edition .pdf updates. It's pretty good (Beast Hunter shells muahahahahahaha!)

Might need to be updated or after the new IG codex comes out in a month or two though.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

IA1 2nd edition is like 14 months old so it's a 6th edition book, no reason to use ancient Vraks books or 5th edition .pdf updates. It's pretty good (Beast Hunter shells muahahahahahaha!)

Didn't realise there was a second edition. I'm so slack when it comes to forge world.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Slick Loader was previously specifically called out to NOT work on Ordnance. That it does is just awesomely hilarious.

VolatileSky
May 5, 2007
i'm gay thx

WhiteOutMouse posted:

^^^He responded to my [a Tampa Florida goon's] request for NoVa partners. I then realized that I should leave that 'till we approach the event date since local goons should meet up once or twice to hang out before they gamble on being compatible for a con-game. It is not cheap and I would not want to deny a local team a local player by 'claiming' him first. I encourage you guys to plan it out and if any odd ones are left over, or other traveling goons, we will scoop up one willing goon.

I guess I never found a place that had any. My old saved bookmark for "what if :allears:" deals was taken down along with all their GW stuff which I thought was odd. What were they afraid of?

Sounds like Ghetto's buddy's place also stopped, or at least that 'deal' or whatever. Maybe the C/D letters finally got translated?

If I had to do an entire SoB army I would actually prefer resin to old pewter anyway to be honest (Though an event organizer would know what's up when your army does not weigh 500lbs). It kinda sucks that GW can't 'recast' their own poo poo. Apparently the black market is doing it just fine and they are selling to their customers.

Oh well, GW made all the sculpts and deserve the money etc etc, and one day they will make them again. They are still in business and they can't be allergic to money forever. My girlfriend will just have to wait another year for her present...

edit:
and for real content, this was on my facebook:

No base problems here.

Haven't been able to find any decent Chinese sellers of anything. But barring finding one of those, I'm really considering the raging heroes next kick starter thing. Sisters of eternal mercy or something, but honestly its just another version sob. Which I am entirely ok with. Plus there's the option of resin or plastic. Those are the best/ closest match however, there's those weird cloaked third party stand ins on eBay but the aesthetic of those is eh.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Cassa posted:

Didn't realise there was a second edition. I'm so slack when it comes to forge world.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Slick Loader was previously specifically called out to NOT work on Ordnance. That it does is just awesomely hilarious.

The rules a few posts up specify "must be ordinance weapons. Those rules are pretty hilarious

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The only army more hilarious than armored company is a Siege Assault Vanguard. Granted, you will have less friends when bringing your armored company, but re-rollable marine armor saves, 4 HS slots, and squadrons of SM tanks is pretty neat. In my dreams 30k breachers will someday be as good as Siege Assault marines.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If I ever decide to base coat a vehicle by hand again, someone please shoot me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I guess I never found a place that had any. My old saved bookmark for "what if :allears:" deals was taken down along with all their GW stuff which I thought was odd. What were they afraid of?

Sounds like Ghetto's buddy's place also stopped, or at least that 'deal' or whatever. Maybe the C/D letters finally got translated?

If I had to do an entire SoB army I would actually prefer resin to old pewter anyway to be honest (Though an event organizer would know what's up when your army does not weigh 500lbs). It kinda sucks that GW can't 'recast' their own poo poo. Apparently the black market is doing it just fine and they are selling to their customers.

I don't want to run foul of :filez:, but I know of a few places selling resin and metal sisters right now, they're not overly hard to find.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

BuffaloChicken posted:

Yeah you do! I actually meant to post a while ago asking if you were looking into getting that old blue Imperial Firebase card building. It's awesome.

I still need to paint the bare plastic bits on mine and seal up the exposed card edges with paint and glue. Starting to split in some places.

Oh, I have one of those now.

Got it from the cousin whose Warhams I inherited, as I posted earlier on the thread.

It's pretty baller. If GW still made that type of kit I am sure people would buy a LOT of them.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

PantsOptional posted:

If I ever decide to base coat a vehicle by hand again, someone please shoot me.

Yeah, no kidding. I just finished basecoating a Tau tank...

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
So, I've checked out the new Tyranid Data Slate and as it doesn't take up force ork, I can make a pretty nasty list.

Three Dakka Flyrants (one with hive commander)
Two harpies with HVCs
Crone
10 termagants
10 termagants with devourers
23 gargoyles with toxin sacs
10 gargoyles with toxin sacs
10 gargoyles
Trygon Prime

The Flyrants and the Trygon provide some durable synapse. But the Trygon does one more important thing. Since the gargoyles have the endless swarm rule, they come in on reserve. Meaning they can come out of the Trygon hole. Six fliers is pretty nasty. And every flier also has I5, so if I run into any knights, I can swarm FMCs at it and kill it before it can Strength D them away. It's a good dataslate, but I'd like it a lot better if it only required 2 gargoyle broods.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah, no kidding. I just finished basecoating a Tau tank...

Purple basecoat over black primer takes a lot of thinned coats to show properly. On that note, is the army painter purple spray the same color as Liche/Xereus Purple or is it closer to Genestealer Purple?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I do not know. Same question about Uniform Grey vis-a-vis Codex Grey though...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The mods have been pretty loving clear about not discussing counterfeit models, guys.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PantsOptional posted:

Purple basecoat over black primer takes a lot of thinned coats to show properly. On that note, is the army painter purple spray the same color as Liche/Xereus Purple or is it closer to Genestealer Purple?

When it comes to Army Painter stuff, I find it's best to buy the spray paint and the bottle paint together. Yeah, Angel Green from Army Painter might be really similar to GW's Caliban Green, but I'd rather just get the same color from Army Painter and not fret when it's a teensy tiny shade different.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Master Twig posted:

So, I've checked out the new Tyranid Data Slate and as it doesn't take up force ork, I can make a pretty nasty list.

Three Dakka Flyrants (one with hive commander)
Two harpies with HVCs
Crone
10 termagants
10 termagants with devourers
23 gargoyles with toxin sacs
10 gargoyles with toxin sacs
10 gargoyles
Trygon Prime

The Flyrants and the Trygon provide some durable synapse. But the Trygon does one more important thing. Since the gargoyles have the endless swarm rule, they come in on reserve. Meaning they can come out of the Trygon hole. Six fliers is pretty nasty. And every flier also has I5, so if I run into any knights, I can swarm FMCs at it and kill it before it can Strength D them away. It's a good dataslate, but I'd like it a lot better if it only required 2 gargoyle broods.

Could you, or someone else, be so kind as to give an estimate point value to a list like this? I kind of bought into Nids/40k again right as the new codex dropped and I was thinking a similar list as an end target... but I still have yet to buy the codex.
My only changes are I want all 3 squads Gargoyles to be 10 strong. With some of the points saved I want to try and add one of the new Exocrine, Warrior with 3 Biovore dataslate formations. Sadly, I am in the similar situation of not owning the dataslate, so if anyone could give me an approximate point value for something like this I would love you forever.

I was originally very disappointed by the versatility of the new codex, having read the entire thing and read lots of people's comments and reviews on it. Although it does feel like an obvious money grab, the new dataslate support for the Tyranids is very impressive, to say the least. GW releasing the Knights as a stand alone model & internet/white dwarf :10bux: is also a great idea on their part. Like other "collectible" and playable games, such as Hero Clix, having something that's powerful and usable almost entirely on it's own is a serious reason for me to think about possibly fully getting back into this shameful hobby. The model also looks so damned cool... Hopefully GW and or FW will release either new rules or new big bugs to help the digestive pools grow :unsmigghh:

I've only been able to prime 1 single gant becuase of the poo poo weather in Chicago recently, but I will soon have a few shots of my first painted mini in 10+ years! :dance: Going to an art store and picking up some new real brushes along with some Vallejo Model Series paints out in the suburbs really made the quality of my painting improve a ton immediately. If I pick up some Vallejo Surface Primer (which, by the way, does anyone happen to have any experience with or an opinion about?) this week I can start painting my almost complete FHT, my fully magnetized Haruspex/Exocrine, and an entire Tyranid Swarm box set. I... I have a full army...
:downsgun:

:commissar:
So I guess I can actually play this game again; I see some other goons in the Chicago area are looking for a place to play or people to play Warhams with... well I'm another one of them! 6-7 years ago I played a few games with my IG army (who in 4th edition never actually lost...) before I sold them I played some games out in the northwest suburbs at this store called Games Plus in Mount Prospect. After going there again recently, albeit only for painting/modeling supplies, I can say the store hasn't changed too much and that's a good thing. They have one of the largest space barbie paint selections I've ever seen, a friendly and knowledgable stuff, lots of tables in the store and loads of free parking nearby!
But alas, I live in the city of Chicago and it's not always very fun getting out to the suburbs to hypothetically try and play this silly game again. Any place that anyone knows about closer or in the city would be really great to know about! After reading about people's experiences while staring into the abyss while reading this thread I have kind of decided that beerhammer might be a more fun prospect too. Anyone know anybody that has a table to play on and a cool place play this game at?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

What are some of the best 40k audio books? I need something to listen to while painting. So far, I've only listened to the abridged Horus Rising, but they don't have to be part of that series.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BaconCopter posted:

I've only been able to prime 1 single gant becuase of the poo poo weather in Chicago recently

If weather's an issue for you, try some gesso. It can be used as a brush-on primer and shrinks as it dries, preserving details. I don't even bother with spray paint anymore as this is more convenient for me. I just put something up on netflix and paint blindly until things are primed.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

PantsOptional posted:

I've done fairly well with my purple-painted Necrons on a black primer by undercoating the purple areas with Hormagaunt Purple - just recently switched over to the new Daemonette Hide and it works just as well - before slapping on a thin layer of Liche Purple. Works like a charm. As for the spraypaint, near as I can see it's closer to Xereus/Liche Purple, but it's not -exactly- the same shade. Plonk a wash on and nobody'll tell the difference, though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The mods have been pretty loving clear about not discussing counterfeit models, guys.

Which is why I didn't say how good they were or where exactly to get them, just that they do currently exist

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
So are the knights only able to ally with imps, tau and eldar or what?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Master Twig posted:

But the Trygon does one more important thing. Since the gargoyles have the endless swarm rule, they come in on reserve. Meaning they can come out of the Trygon hole.

That's a really neat find. Infantry includes Jet and Jump Infantry - the rules explicitly state when Jet and Jump Infantry are subject to different rules from standard Infantry, such as when embarking upon transports - so this definitely works unless until they FAQ it.

BaconCopter posted:

Could you, or someone else, be so kind as to give an estimate point value to a list like this? I kind of bought into Nids/40k again right as the new codex dropped and I was thinking a similar list as an end target... but I still have yet to buy the codex.
My only changes are I want all 3 squads Gargoyles to be 10 strong. With some of the points saved I want to try and add one of the new Exocrine, Warrior with 3 Biovore dataslate formations. Sadly, I am in the similar situation of not owning the dataslate, so if anyone could give me an approximate point value for something like this I would love you forever.

I have to fix up my Tyranid army now that there are scoring Gargoyles, here's what I've come up with so far for 2000 points:

Tyranids - 2000 points

Hive Tyrant - 230
- wings
- twin-linked devourer with brainleech worms x 2

Hive Tyrant - 230
- wings

10 Termagants - 40

10 Termagants - 40

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Hive Crone - 155

Skyblight Swarm

Hive Tyrant - 230
- wings

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Hive Crone - 155

20 Gargoyles - 120

20 Gargoyles - 120

20 Gargoyles - 120

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 3, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Not a viking posted:

So are the knights only able to ally with imps, tau and eldar or what?

Battle Brothers: Imps
Allies of Convenience: Eldar, GK
Desperate Allies: Dark Eldar, Tau
Come the Apocalypse: Everybody else

(current rumors)

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Phyresis posted:

I have to fix up my Tyranid army now that there are scoring Gargoyles, here's what I've come up with so far for 2000 points:

Tyranids - 2000 points

Hive Tyrant - 230
- wings

Hive Tyrant - 230
- wings

10 Termagants - 40

10 Termagants - 40

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Hive Crone - 155

Skyblight Swarm

Hive Tyrant - 230
- wings

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Harpy - 140
- heavy venom cannon

Hive Crone - 155

20 Gargoyles - 120

20 Gargoyles - 120

20 Gargoyles - 120

I'm curious... why four Harpies? How come you're not taking 2-3 Crones in the main detachment?

The main issue I can see there is a lack of Synapse. It may be worth upgrading one of those Termagant broods to Warriors as backup, as it's not hard to take out 2-3 Flyrants when they can't take Biomancy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fearless posted:

I had Angron eat three D weapon hits in one game once. He's not even in the top tier of primarchs, and is goddamn near unstoppable.

Fulgrim can tear poo poo up too.

Ferrus is a wrecking ball and Lorgars psycic abilities are nothing to sniff at either.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

xtothez posted:

I'm curious... why four Harpies? How come you're not taking 2-3 Crones in the main detachment?

The main issue I can see there is a lack of Synapse. It may be worth upgrading one of those Termagant broods to Warriors as backup, as it's not hard to take out 2-3 Flyrants when they can't take Biomancy.

I think the Crone-Harpy discussion is usually a matter of personal preference and changes based on what you're going against. I value both pretty equally.

With that said I agree Synapse is really, really lacking there.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

BULBASAUR posted:

Battle Brothers: Imps
Allies of Convenience: Eldar, GK
Desperate Allies: Dark Eldar, Tau
Come the Apocalypse: Everybody else

(current rumors)

Wait, rumours? I thought the codex just got released?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Not a viking posted:

Wait, rumours? I thought the codex just got released?

That was white dwarf rules. The codex drops this week.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

BaconCopter posted:

I was originally very disappointed by the versatility of the new codex, having read the entire thing and read lots of people's comments and reviews on it. Although it does feel like an obvious money grab, the new dataslate support for the Tyranids is very impressive, to say the least. GW releasing the Knights as a stand alone model & internet/white dwarf :10bux: is also a great idea on their part. Like other "collectible" and playable games, such as Hero Clix, having something that's powerful and usable almost entirely on it's own is a serious reason for me to think about possibly fully getting back into this shameful hobby. The model also looks so damned cool... Hopefully GW and or FW will release either new rules or new big bugs to help the digestive pools grow :unsmigghh:

I've only been able to prime 1 single gant becuase of the poo poo weather in Chicago recently, but I will soon have a few shots of my first painted mini in 10+ years! :dance: Going to an art store and picking up some new real brushes along with some Vallejo Model Series paints out in the suburbs really made the quality of my painting improve a ton immediately. If I pick up some Vallejo Surface Primer (which, by the way, does anyone happen to have any experience with or an opinion about?) this week I can start painting my almost complete FHT, my fully magnetized Haruspex/Exocrine, and an entire Tyranid Swarm box set. I... I have a full army...
:downsgun:

:commissar:
So I guess I can actually play this game again; I see some other goons in the Chicago area are looking for a place to play or people to play Warhams with... well I'm another one of them! 6-7 years ago I played a few games with my IG army (who in 4th edition never actually lost...) before I sold them I played some games out in the northwest suburbs at this store called Games Plus in Mount Prospect. After going there again recently, albeit only for painting/modeling supplies, I can say the store hasn't changed too much and that's a good thing. They have one of the largest space barbie paint selections I've ever seen, a friendly and knowledgable stuff, lots of tables in the store and loads of free parking nearby!
But alas, I live in the city of Chicago and it's not always very fun getting out to the suburbs to hypothetically try and play this silly game again. Any place that anyone knows about closer or in the city would be really great to know about! After reading about people's experiences while staring into the abyss while reading this thread I have kind of decided that beerhammer might be a more fun prospect too. Anyone know anybody that has a table to play on and a cool place play this game at?

Hey Chicago Warhammer Goon!! I moved here last year. I'm thinking of just picking up the box set they usually offer with a ton of figures. I think they still sell that hopefully. Also, I'm looking for a game store as well in the city proper.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Another lesson to myself - always check which hand goes with the combi-melta before you cut the hand off the existing model. (In my defense, I didn't actually have the combi-melta when I cut off the hand.) It's not like I can't fix the problem but god-drat I feel like a grade-A idiot.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Aren't the older combi-weapons handless? See if you can hunt down one of those if they are.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

That was exactly my thinking, yeah, but eBay seems to have only the right-handed stuff. I couldn't have used the hand that came with the model anyway since it was a biker model, and I've got a couple spare left hands that I could slap on there after removing the hand that comes with the combi-melta. Still feels like a schoolboy error.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Bob Smith posted:

One of my friends got some of these from the kickstarter - they're pretty similar to Guardsmen size-wise, perhaps a bit thinner (in the way Infinity/Malifaux stuff is) but they wouldn't look out of place on a 40k field.

Oh yeah I forgot to check, the Grenadiers doesn't come with any special weapons so how easy is to add the special weapons available on that store to the Grenadiers/Marines?

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_104&product_id=223
Also I noticed the extra bits you could buy for it which technically lets you create a hilariously tacticool "Melta". :D

http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd17-system-trooper-alternative-heads-p-54.html
Also I just realized these would let you create Tiberian Sun Nod or GDI troopers pretty much.

Also I still have no clue if the Pig Iron stuff is actually in metal or resin and I feel stupid for it.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 3, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Some rumored Chaos release lists are going around today:

quote:

CODEX: CRIMSON SLAUGHTER (ENGLISH) 1 £30,00
CHAOS SPACE MARINE SQUAD 1 £23,50
CHAOS SPACE MARINE HELBRUTE 1 £33,00
CHAOS BIKERS 1 £21,00
CHAOS SPACE MARINE ATTACK FORCE 1 £120,00
CHAOS RHINO 1 £23,50
CHAOS TERMINATOR LORD 1 £15,00
CHAOS SPACE MARINE RAPTORS 1 £21,00
CHAOS SPACE MARINE FORGEFIEND 1 £41,00
CHAOS LAND RAIDER 1 £46,00
CHAOS TERMINATORS 1 £28,00
VISIONS OF HERESY (ENGLISH) 1 £45,00
WHITE DWARF WEEKLY 7 (ENGLISH) 1 £2,40
Pictures of the new plastic Hellbrute have gone around; I'm figuring these are largely just repackagings of existing models, but maybe the Bikers and Marines are getting a resculpt too? That'd be awful nice.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

Some rumored Chaos release lists are going around today:

Pictures of the new plastic Hellbrute have gone around; I'm figuring these are largely just repackagings of existing models, but maybe the Bikers and Marines are getting a resculpt too? That'd be awful nice.

If this were true I might actually get my first non-HQ brand-new-in-box Chaos models from GW.

(Well I have gotten a couple of Forgefiends and a Heldrake but I'm pretty sure that's it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Codex: Crimson Slaughter? Why not Red Corsairs?

:smith:

• Locked thread