Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fair to Midland posted:

I don't understand people who say they're going to wait for WM to buy the network.. you have no trial so you're locked in no matter if WM shits the bed or not, and it's only $10 so why not keep it for the month just to watch things like live Main Event, etc? It's just shifting $10 spent this month to next, and then you're stuck in contract no matter what anyway.

If I wait another month I'll get an extra PPV out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MassRafTer posted:

If I wait another month I'll get an extra PPV out of it.

if you decide to wait to subscribe until after until after March 29th, then you can subscribe for two 6 month periods and get Wrestlemania 30 and 31. Meanwhile all the people with their accounts auto renewing March 3rd will get sucked back in to resubscribing just before Wrestlemania next year.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Astro7x posted:

if you decide to wait to subscribe until after until after March 29th, then you can subscribe for two 6 month periods and get Wrestlemania 30 and 31. Meanwhile all the people with their accounts auto renewing March 3rd will get sucked back in to resubscribing just before Wrestlemania next year.

That'll show em

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

My only fear would be they might cycle off some of the MSG and Maple Leaf Gardens shows before then, but I'll take my chances given the added value.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
It's gonna be hilarious if they dump another 1000 hours of classic content up early tuesday, late monday.

Eldritch BiLast fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 3, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MassRafTer posted:

My only fear would be they might cycle off some of the MSG and Maple Leaf Gardens shows before then, but I'll take my chances given the added value.

You could totally, you know... resubscribe if that happens.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I've only watched one of each, but the MSG, MLG, and WCCW shows in the Vault have been by far the most interesting stuff for me.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Watching Halloween Havoc 98 and Jericho came out to a weird remix to break the walls down. I miss basketball highlights #12

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The American Dream posted:

Watching Halloween Havoc 98 and Jericho came out to a weird remix to break the walls down. I miss basketball highlights #12

By then he had his Evenflow knock off theme, I think his face theme remains intact from what others have said.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
3 segments into the show, 3 leather biker jackets. Raven still the only one that looked cool in it.

e: Alex wright with #4, also has a pretty clear penis outline going on too.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 3, 2014

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Just watched One Night Stand 2008 and was surprised (horrified?) to see Mike Adamle at the announce desk for the five-man ECW Singapore cane match. To his credit, he was actually serviceable here, but I love the awkward laugh from Taz when Mike introduces him as THE Taz.

Also, Big Show looks like a loving demon when he gets a gash above his eye stumbling into some stairs and has this crust of dried blood all along his brow and face most of the match.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
To whomever asked about 360 being fixed yet, nope.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

AKA Driver posted:

Just watched One Night Stand 2008 and was surprised (horrified?) to see Mike Adamle at the announce desk for the five-man ECW Singapore cane match. To his credit, he was actually serviceable here, but I love the awkward laugh from Taz when Mike introduces him as THE Taz.

Also, Big Show looks like a loving demon when he gets a gash above his eye stumbling into some stairs and has this crust of dried blood all along his brow and face most of the match.

Watch the first one, it's still amazing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
One Night Stand 2006 was awesome. Profane crowd, clearly anti-Cena to the point of throwing back his t-shirt multiple times (and he handled it perfectly as he basically worked heel for the night), the Heyman opening promo, lots of ECW nostalgia acts, a brutal six-person tag match, and Sabu nearly killing himself for the 528th time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I think that's the only time I ever saw John Cena intentionally attack a referee.

Then Nick Patrick showed up and got knocked out by Edge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was the night I really learned to respect and appreciate Cena. He didn't get upset or try and change the crowd, he just recognized what he had to do and did it perfectly even if it went completely against his character. He recognized what the fans wanted and gave it to them. It's when I got that he's good at what he does and its the booking I hate. But compare that to how Batista has dealt with hostile crowds by just looking furious and flipping them off when the cameras stopped.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

STAC Goat posted:

That was the night I really learned to respect and appreciate Cena. He didn't get upset or try and change the crowd, he just recognized what he had to do and did it perfectly even if it went completely against his character. He recognized what the fans wanted and gave it to them. It's when I got that he's good at what he does and its the booking I hate. But compare that to how Batista has dealt with hostile crowds by just looking furious and flipping them off when the cameras stopped.

Yeah, I actually like and respect Cena, he's pretty good and a hard worker, WWE Creative and whatnot has just allowed his character and matches stagnate to a point where you can call everything almost perfectly on a timer. But the guys a real professional, and I respect that.

Batista has shown little professionalism since his return, and I hope he fucks up so badly it makes WWE rethink about bringing back other talent from the past to wrestle in main event spots in Wrestlemania and poo poo to win for themselves, or so.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

This morning was the first time I could do VOD and it stayed in high-def with no pauses. All other times, it would buffer every ten seconds and be in low-def half the time. On PS3.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

STAC Goat posted:

Cena did it too with Money in the Bank 2011 and it really showed through. He knows where he's at, he knows what the crowd's about, and he knows what he has to do. The post WM Crowd loves the little smarky references, so the stuff like the "Heel Turn" goes over well and becomes endearing. It's just that he does some really stupid things sometimes, like the Nexus/Summerslam incident, however he seemed to recognize that he hosed that one up badly, if Edge/Jericho are to be believed.

They really need to put that RAW on the Network though, the one right before the Summerslam match.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yeah, he really did play the perfect foil to Punk that night in Chicago. I love how he totally changed his routine and acted like he was (for lack of a better analogy) a road team going into a hostile opponents stadium for a playoff game. I really hope at some point he and Punk can have one final big match (most likely at a Mania) as their rivalry deserves it.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yeah, he really did play the perfect foil to Punk that night in Chicago. I love how he totally changed his routine and acted like he was (for lack of a better analogy) a road team going into a hostile opponents stadium for a playoff game. I really hope at some point he and Punk can have one final big match (most likely at a Mania) as their rivalry deserves it.

Yeah, Cena and Punk just click together. It's the perfect rivalry and I hope they get the chance to do more. They're exact opposites in both character and real life* and always have great matches.

*the "real life" we've been shown in docs and behind-the-scenes clips anyway.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Speaking of Punk, I'm watching TLC 2013 right now for the first time and his 3 on 1 handicap match against The Shield is pretty drat good. Not sure how I'd never watched it before.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bradzilla posted:

So my wife is interested in Stone Colds career. So far I've shown her the 3:16 promo and the Mania 13 submission match. I plan on showing his first title win next, then I'm not sure where to go after that. I know Mania X7 but that's a pretty big gap. What are other career defining matches/promos from Austin?

This is old, but make sure to check out his Rumble '97 appearance and his cage match with Vince from St. Valentine's Day Massacre '99

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
I should really get around to watching the PPVs that I was at in person, but never watched later on TV like Survivor Series 96, Summerslam 02, GAB 2008, and TLC 2012.

Instead I keep watching all my favorite classics like Wrestlemania 6 and ECW ONS 2006 and I've seen them so many times!

Here's to hoping the Xbox 360 app get's fixed today. I really want to compare it against watching it on Apple TV.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'd also show the Foley match from Over The Edge. That's a terrific match.

EDIT: That's in regards to the Austin question.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spikeguy posted:

This is old, but make sure to check out his Rumble '97 appearance and his cage match with Vince from St. Valentine's Day Massacre '99

I'd second Rumble '97, if only for THAT moment, when Bret comes out and Austin looks like he's seen a loving ghost.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
It's amazing how much things have changed. Watching the first Starrcade, and it wasn't enough for the heels to win in some of the tag matches. After their wins first Sullivan and Lewin use a foreign object and turn McGhee into a bloody pulp, and in another match Orton and Slater go about trying to break Wahoo's arm. Abdullah pulling out a foreign object about 8 seconds into his match is classic too.

Watching them interview Angelo Mosca a bit later with McGhee literally looking dead in the background was great too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's the bees knees. I wish we could get more moments like that out of heels. Heels who are competent and know how to handle poo poo and aren't scared of anyone...except for that ONE guy who they know can beat them.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Starrcade 83 is like the manos: hands of fate of wrestling productions

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
I'm almost at the end of Starrcade '87 and that's not very good either.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I watched Starrcade 86 (Night of the Skywalkers) last night and geez that scaffold match was both wildly dangerous and extremely boring at the same time. You can tell all the wrestlers were scared shitless and it basically consists of 15 minutes of the Road Warriors punching the Midnight Express over and over again because no one dares do anything else (I don't blame them). There were a couple dangerous spots where the Midnight guys nearly falloff, and then the famous end where Jim Cornette blows both his knees out after falling. What a clusterfuck of a match.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It's been fun trying to figure out which masters they're using for a given show based on the edits. Survivor Series '95 appears to be from the DVD Anthology collections, since "WWF" is muted out. In Your House from the next month has "WWF" left in, but I still noticed Hillbilly Jim's theme being dubbed over. I was thinking this could be from the initial VHS release (they had the "Phone Number no longer active" disclaimers for all the hotline stuff, in a very 1990s font), but were they dubbing over Jimmy Hart themes that far back?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Minidust posted:

It's been fun trying to figure out which masters they're using for a given show based on the edits. Survivor Series '95 appears to be from the DVD Anthology collections, since "WWF" is muted out. In Your House from the next month has "WWF" left in, but I still noticed Hillbilly Jim's theme being dubbed over. I was thinking this could be from the initial VHS release (they had the "Phone Number no longer active" disclaimers for all the hotline stuff, in a very 1990s font), but were they dubbing over Jimmy Hart themes that far back?

92 Royal Rumble mentioned a Coliseum Video exclusive.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Still no joy on Xbox 360 :(

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Haggis Heed posted:

Still no joy on Xbox 360 :(

This is really stupid and I don't know how that can't fix the issue in a week, though I know nothing about running websites/apps. They should have been able to run a simple fix last week to let anyone watch it since it was a FREE trial anyway to give them time to work out the un/pw issue.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
Now that we're past launch week, my biggest gripe is that on PC, when you full screen the video, it's scaled oddly based on your monitor's aspect ratio. My main monitor is 16:10, so HD stuff doesn't look awful on that. However, my secondary monitor is 4:3, and all content, HD or SD, gets squeezed to hell on it.

I stream to TV on PS3 and no probs there. Hang in there 360 folks.

RetroHelix fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 3, 2014

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Superbrawl V starts a minute or two into the first match. However it still has drunk Bobby Heenan commentary (not as fun as you might think).

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
Maybe this belongs in the WWE thread.

Going back to 93' with the debut of raw and the first handful of episodes; what was the A show at the time? Especially the Raw after the 93 rumble, there hardly seemed to be a huge deal made about the event, almost like it was a month after when raw was filmed. Between all their programming in that era, how would you guys rank shows based off importance (like how Raw has storyline progression over smackdown)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RetroHelix posted:

Now that we're past launch week, my biggest gripe is that on PC, when you full screen the video, it's scaled oddly based on your monitor's aspect ratio. My main monitor is 16:10, so HD stuff doesn't look awful on that. However, my secondary monitor is 4:3, and all content, HD or SD, gets squeezed to hell on it.

I stream to TV on PS3 and no probs there. Hang in there 360 folks.

I have the same thing, and going in and out of full screen mode a few times usually fixes it. The 4:3 content in the live stream has bugs and stuff that extends into the 16;9 Space, but I am surprised the older on demand content behaves the same way.

RockShowLevel27 posted:

Going back to 93' with the debut of raw and the first handful of episodes; what was the A show at the time? Especially the Raw after the 93 rumble, there hardly seemed to be a huge deal made about the event, almost like it was a month after when raw was filmed. Between all their programming in that era, how would you guys rank shows based off importance (like how Raw has storyline progression over smackdown)

The A show back then was WWF Superstars of Wrestling, which was a weekend show. That's where most of the title changes happened. WWF Wrestling Challenge was another one, but I would say that was the B Show. It mainly had matches against jobbers, and maybe you'd see an actual meaningful match on it between two WWF Superstars.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

RockShowLevel27 posted:

WWF Superstars was definitely the A-show at the time. That's where all the major angles and occasional title changes would happen (Saturday Night's Main Event was pretty much dead at that point). Just about every other WWF show was a recap show or just an afterthought. Wrestling Challenge was very similar to Superstars, but there weren't as many angles. WWF's cable shows were even less significant than the syndicated Superstars and Challenge. All-American Wrestling was just rearranged matches from Superstars/Challenge, Prime Time Wrestling was constantly changing in its last years, and mostly featured exhibition matches leftover from other tv tapings. WWF Mania/Spotlight/whatever else they had on were all recap shows.