Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
When this show ends, they've got the makings of an amazing slice of life manga about Sei's Gunpla shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I laughed at the Layzner-inspired name for Reiji. Overall, the episode was fun. Glad that Aila gets her happy ending. Enjoy having an extra roommate, Sei!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

I laughed at the Layzner-inspired name for Reiji. Overall, the episode was fun. Glad that Aila gets her happy ending. Enjoy having an extra roommate, Sei!

Sei may not have to pay off on Reiji's promise for a while. Do we know for sure that PPSE kicks people out of the dorms when they lose or do they let them hang around until the end of the tournament? Fellini is still there, after all, though he could get a hotel room or something, I guess.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Midjack posted:

Sei may not have to pay off on Reiji's promise for a while. Do we know for sure that PPSE kicks people out of the dorms when they lose or do they let them hang around until the end of the tournament? Fellini is still there, after all, though he could get a hotel room or something, I guess.

Gunpla living arrangements Well, it *could* be a good business move for the Iori shop to have a master builder and 2 GWBC top 5 contestants under their roof to attract customers, fans, and they do have their own battle system there. It's becoming the hotspot to be.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Gunpla living arrangements Well, it *could* be a good business move for the Iori shop to have a master builder and 2 GWBC top 5 contestants under their roof to attract customers, fans, and they do have their own battle system there. It's becoming the hotspot to be.

Sure, in the series epilogue I could very definitely see that happening. I was opining that we may not be kicked into the hell of China gettin' mad at Sei because he has another girl living in his house because PPSE may have generous housing policies until the end of the tournament.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blackchamber posted:

Clearly this shows gonna end with them closing the model store and opening The Iori Gunpla Fighters Academy and Model Shop. Though I'm not sure how good of a teacher Reiji or Aila would be.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Midjack posted:

Sure, in the series epilogue I could very definitely see that happening. I was opining that we may not be kicked into the hell of China gettin' mad at Sei because he has another girl living in his house because PPSE may have generous housing policies until the end of the tournament.

Yeah a couple extra days at a hotel sure would keep us out of the hell of Aila's future living arrangements. Problem solved!

Actually now I'm thinking China will take her in and Aila will work at the restaurant (eat the inventory) since China is crap at it (being a personable waitress) apparently.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, overall I don't think we have to worry about Aila squatting in Sei&Rei's room like the others. Mr. Ral would never allow it. :colbert:

She'll probably say with China and Rinko in their hotel room, if PPSE really are the kind of jerks that boot competitor's out the second they get eliminated.

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
Arian :psyduck: I guess Reiji's heading over to the old space nazi's then.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah a couple extra days at a hotel sure would keep us out of the hell of Aila's future living arrangements. Problem solved!

Actually now I'm thinking China will take her in and Aila will work at the restaurant (eat the inventory) since China is crap at it (being a personable waitress) apparently.

Honestly, Aila's living arrangements are only really a worry because from the look of things she's been mentally and probably emotionally abused for years. She stayed where she was because she felt worthless and had no other place to go. Now that she's been presented with hope etc I don't doubt that she'll be able to work something out in one fashion or another.

And I really don't think we'll be seeing a China fighting with Sei over Aila living with him if it comes to that. This isn't that kind of show and China really isn't that kind of stupid, especially considering that Aila so very obviously has a thing for Reiji.

Doesn't really matter, my money is on her going home with Reiji at the end of the series.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Midjack posted:

I actually kind of love China in that scene. On the one hand, yeah, she's probably slightly worried about a beatiful foreign girl lining under the same roof as Sei, but more than that, I think she was worried about the impropriety of Reiji and Aila living together, and even more than that, now Sei's mom has to take care of another weirdo.

All of which China considers her fault for giving Aila that gem.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Cant wait for next episode. Theres some talk that the next fighter might be a disguised Toru Satsuki from Build Fighters Amazing

Not really worried about Aila's living situations because letting people that you just met stay with you is a hallmark of anime.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 4, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
At first I thought the episode was going a horrible route, then a trite one. Then it became the best thing ever. :black101:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Midjack posted:

China already had her "misunderstood jealousy is stupid" revelation, and Aila is so obviously into Reiji that China was actively willing to help the two of them hook up, so I don't even know why you'd think this would be a thing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Giant Enemy Cliche posted:

Arian :psyduck: I guess Reiji's heading over to the old space nazi's then.

Don't think Nazi, think Engrish.

Arian = Alien

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Don't think Nazi, think Engrish.

Arian = Alien

The pronunciation is all master race, so there goes your theory.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Because proper and technically excellent English pronunciation is so common in anime. :v:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: Wait a minute, now that I think about it the X1 was technically the upgrade to the F91... Maybe the preview is a flashback?

The Exia Dark Matter seems to be in standard Exia colors rather than the black and red, so maybe?

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
How was this episode so amazing? I'm going to be so sad when it ends. It doesn't seem like there's a second season in sight, but maybe it's better to end it on a good note.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Because proper and technically excellent English pronunciation is so common in anime. :v:

It's used in Japanese and it's エイリアン, not アリアン. The Japanese really got their vowels together.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argas posted:

The Exia Dark Matter seems to be in standard Exia colors rather than the black and red, so maybe?

It'll probably do a Phase-Shift Armor thing when the Dark Matter Booster docks with it or something. Or be a fake-out for when the Chairman turns up with the Dark Matter version.

BlitzBlast posted:

Kind of wondering who's gonna end up with the Crossbone Kai now though. I'm predicting "everybody parties in Sei's room" will lead to a scene where everyone pitches in for the SBS's upgrade/final rebuild, but Strike > Crossbone X1 seems completely random. Unless Aqua Discharge literally spews plavsky water everywhere and then a pirate ship shows up.

I will laugh so hard if it turns out to be Ral's and has a secret monoeye mode. Or maybe it's the hidden weapon of the Gunpla mafia? The possibilities are endless.

EDIT: Wait a minute, now that I think about it the X1 was technically the upgrade to the F91... Maybe the preview is a flashback?

We saw the Exia last episode at PPSE, so it's definitely Yuuki at the controls. As for the Crossbone Kai, it's probably Mao's. The X-Maoh got blown the gently caress up, and it's got the same lineart designs on the shoulders and legs. Watch it turn from a generic "Crossbone Kai" to "Crossbone Maoh" so it isn't a spoiler from the moment it was revealed if it is indeed Mao's.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

As others have said, this is likely one of the best cyber newtype/ tragic female pilot plotlines in all of gundam. So many of them seem to forget that just having the archetype isn't enough, you have to develop the character and make the viewers care about her.

As dumb as this sounds, throughout the episode hoping that Aila would get a happy ending and I thought the ending scenes with her were just adorable.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So what are the odds we will see Exia's Trans-Am vs F-91's afterimages? :dance:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So what are the odds we will see Exia's Trans-Am vs F-91's afterimages? :dance:

All the audience would see is the shockwaves of them smashing into each other. Like those fights in DBZ where they move too fast for the naked eye to follow. :v:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Pom posted:

All the audience would see is the shockwaves of them smashing into each other. Like those fights in DBZ where they move too fast for the naked eye to follow. :v:

Zwee fighting! :ssj:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha, the moment she was like "I hate this suit, gunpla sucks :qq:" I could see how that was going to end. Didn't make it any less funny though.

Also Mejin Kawaguchi continues to get the best line each battle.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is there any part of the Meijin rulebook that says that you have to have one line that makes little sense per battle? Because between that light of the heart thing and the previous "he's named Sengoku but he uses Chinese techniques!" thing...geez.

It was a quote from Char's Counterattack (when the nu's Psycoframe resonates with the Sazabi's, deflecting Axis), and it was hilarious.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The crossbone is obviously build by china for Rinko

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I feel like if this was a traditional Gundam series, Reiji would have killed Aila, tears in eyes as he gut punched that qubeley and her into oblivion, and her newtype soul would have invaded his mind to haunt him forever, but since this is Build Fighters they can continue on to be a cute couple.

As much as I enjoy the dark grittiness of most Gundam shows, I kind of like it like this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The thought occurs about the Build Fighters HG kit line; Shouldn't they be labelled 1:1 scale? :pseudo:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Faltion posted:

I feel like if this was a traditional Gundam series, Reiji would have killed Aila, tears in eyes as he gut punched that qubeley and her into oblivion, and her newtype soul would have invaded his mind to haunt him forever, but since this is Build Fighters they can continue on to be a cute couple.

As much as I enjoy the dark grittiness of most Gundam shows, I kind of like it like this.

If this were a traditional Gundam series, Aila would have died by throwing her Qubeley between Meijin and Reiji in order to block a beam rifle shot with her face. :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kanos posted:

If this were a traditional Gundam series, Aila would have died by throwing her Qubeley between Meijin and Reiji in order to block a beam rifle shot with her face. :v:

I could see this show trying to do that, making a huge deal about it then it just shows Aila shrugging and walking away from the battle unit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TARDISman posted:

I could see this show trying to do that, making a huge deal about it then it just shows Aila shrugging and walking away from the battle unit.

Alternatively the block attempt is by Aila literally throwing her Qubeley into the middle of the arena.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Faltion posted:

Agreed, it's kind of refreshing to see Alia not get blown up tragically.

The only other time I can think of in the franchise when a pilot fell for the enemy and it didn't end in tears was Shiro and Aina in the 08th MS Team, but they didn't really have that much chemistry so nobody cared. I actually think the show is better if you ignore the last episode of the 08thMST and pretend they both died. I don't even dislike the characters, I just think that works better.

Cyber newtypes almost always end up dead, too. I like Marida Cruz a lot, but I expect her to get fridged in the last episode of Unicorn because it's Gundam.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Gammatron 64 posted:

The only other time I can think of in the franchise when a pilot fell for the enemy and it didn't end in tears was Shiro and Aina in the 08th MS Team, but they didn't really have that much chemistry so nobody cared. I actually think the show is better if you ignore the last episode of the 08thMST and pretend they both died. I don't even dislike the characters, I just think that works better.

Marie and Allelujah both survive in Gundam 00, the tragedy comes from her father figure, Smirnov dying. They even survive the movie as well so there you go.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Spoiler tags buddy, Nikkolas King's working through 00 right now.
EDIT: Nevermind, he's probably not checking this thread.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Son of a bitch, this show. I just finished episode 15, and a 15 second memory sequence of a man probably in his 30s talking to his toy got me a little misty-eyed. It's like goddamned anime Toy Story. The cuts to Kirara were also nice. How does a merch-shoving show have better relationships between characters than everything else in the industry? All the couples that are being set up are cute, as was Sei calling his girlfriend after their first win.

This show is saving anime.

Edit: Zaku Amazing vs. Build Strike still just barely edges out Fenice vs. Build Strike though, but Spanish guitar may be a bit of an unfair advantage.

vvvv If that is not literally the title of the song, it at least is in my heart.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 5, 2014

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

chumbler posted:

Spanish guitar

It's ~The Usual Flamenco at Three Times the Passion~

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

vvvv If that is not literally the title of the song, it at least is in my heart.

That is the official title on the soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I honestly can't decide if the show or the OST is better. I mean, not only is the music great, but the names. :allears:

• Locked thread