Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Azran posted:

It seems selling a Legendary Core for 15p to another goon wasn't a fair price after all. :shepicide:

I'm sorry, but that's loving hilarious. Did you put no thought into the trade at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Just used a legendary core to make a max serration and sold for a ~200 plat :cool:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Good God, no. Maybe for a super situational weapon or comedy value but maxed out heavy calibers are pretty brutal and you start seeing diminishing returns on straight +damage mods anyway.

The only guns it makes worse are the Dera(at max, lv5-6 is probably the sweet spot), most snipers, and bows.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I seem to recall a maxed HCal making Ogris significantly more dangerous for the user, but maybe I just don't have the skills to live dangerously.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Well yes but that's only arguably worse. On the Dera the spread becomes insane at lv10, on snipers the deviation can mean missing a weak point at even medium range(and thus losing 50% or more of your damage), and the added spread is almost as absurd on bows as the Dera.

Lanka's pretty much fine with max hcal though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Kris xK posted:

I'm sorry, but that's loving hilarious. Did you put no thought into the trade at all?

It is. It went something like this:

Goon: I'm looking for a max Hornet's Strike!
Me: Oh, hey, I can use my L. Core to max it out for you.
Goon: That's great, name your price.
Me: Sure, let me check the market. It seems max Hornet's Strike is going for like 20p. Let's make it 15p.
Goon: Deal!

:shepicide: It's my fault for not realizing L. Cores are actually worth something, I just supposed they were kinda cheap because everyone had them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:siren: :havlat: :ducksiren: :frogsiren: :pcgaming: 2,400cr | Apollodorus (Mercury) | Survival (Infestation) | Weapons Depot Discovered | Level: 3-6 :pcgaming: :frogsiren: :ducksiren: :havlat: :siren:

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Are alerts the same on both platforms now?

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
:siren: Psamathe (Neptune): Enemy Operative Located - 49m - 7200cr - Plastids (Resource) :siren:

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

mrEkli posted:

Are alerts the same on both platforms now?

Nah I think it's a case of lazy goons. These alerts are probably on PC

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
:siren: PC - 5500 credits - Monolith (Phobos) | Capture (Grineer) | Enemy Courier Located | Level: 15-18 :siren:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
RIP Warframe thread, Nov 15th 2013 - Mar 1st 2014.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
e: i'm slow and bad

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Whoever wins, we all lose :unsmigghh:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm gonna give you all epilepsy before this is over.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

AndroidHub posted:

:siren:Galatea (Neptune) - Alloy plate, 11300cr:siren:

This was Charon on Pluto, no points :colbert: You can't be misinforming people!

Points updated. Follow the link in my avatar.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
:siren: Steel Charge, 6300 credits - Cassini (Saturn) | Spy (Infestation) | Investigate Enemy Facility Distress Signal | Level: 18-21 :siren:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Azran posted:

It is. It went something like this:

Goon: I'm looking for a max Hornet's Strike!
Me: Oh, hey, I can use my L. Core to max it out for you.
Goon: That's great, name your price.
Me: Sure, let me check the market. It seems max Hornet's Strike is going for like 20p. Let's make it 15p.
Goon: Deal!

:shepicide: It's my fault for not realizing L. Cores are actually worth something, I just supposed they were kinda cheap because everyone had them.

Didn't you notice something was up when the trade tax was 1,000,000 creds?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

e:gently caress

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Maxwell Adams posted:

Didn't you notice something was up when the trade tax was 1,000,000 creds?
He maxed out the HS first so the tax would have been like 3000 or something.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, this Oxium thing is horseshit.

GreenV1rus
Mar 2, 2014

Fuzz posted:

Wow, this Oxium thing is horseshit.

It's almost as bad as farming Orokin. That poo poo is butt.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So ironically my attempt to make a guy stick to his poorly thought out contest was poorly thought out. I think we'll wrap it up here. I'll give Ajax until the original deadline to tally up the scores and hand out his prizes.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 4, 2014

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

So ironically my attempt to make a guy stick to his poorly thought out contest was poorly thought out. I think we'll wrap it up here. I'll give Ajax until the original deadline to tally up the scores and hand out his prizes.

Best news all evening; on multiple levels :thumbsup:

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Naga (Sedna): Subdue Faci-...oh, we're done! Yay, it's over!
And who the gently caress bought me this icon I swear to God

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
What's the matter, you don't like anime Nova?

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Denzine posted:

What's the matter, you don't like anime Nova?

But Nova can't even appear in the fic! She was post-Orokin!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AzureRequiem posted:

Naga (Sedna): Subdue Faci-...oh, we're done! Yay, it's over!
And who the gently caress bought me this icon I swear to God

I dunno why people always put faces on the warframes. They look much cooler when they aren't just animes.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Aww, ok. Clear winner is AndroidHub, Second is Piell and have a 2 way-tie for third between Gestalt and Conot. I'd like to see a duel in the dojo for who wins third - but I can pay out 50p to both in the likely event people won't be on at the same time. I'll add all of you to friends in a second. If you have different in game names can you post here? I'm Aajjaaxx.

Hmmm... maybe a dueling contest could be next up, have a while to formulate pools, maybe force everyone to use 1 particular frame for each round of matches? Obviously Valkyr is out...

e:
Names correct?

e2: Piell's second place reward delivered. Third prize is confirmed now as 50p.

Ajax fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 4, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

AzureRequiem posted:

But Nova can't even appear in the fic! She was post-Orokin!

All of the Tenno are from the Orokin era. Where did you read that Nova isn't?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I dunno why people always put faces on the warframes. They look much cooler when they aren't just animes.

I like to think that they're all horribly mutated and psychotic looking under the helmets

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Denzine posted:

All of the Tenno are from the Orokin era. Where did you read that Nova isn't?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_(Warframe)

quote:

According to Nova's profile, her Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research, implying that she could possibly be a recently developed Warframe. This makes her and, possibly, Valkyr the only Warframes that are made in the current time period, after the Old Orokin War.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That's pretty flimsy.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Valkyr is DEFINITELY recent, though:

quote:

Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.
Also Zephyr is most likely a new construct, given that Oxium is a new thing that had to be researched.

oh god I am arguing space gun ninja lore on the internet where did my life go so wrong

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Now that the alert announcing contest is over, can we just stick to people using apps / twitter for stuff? WF Alerts is a great iOS app that does both PC and PS4 notifications.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Awe-inspiring.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 4, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ElegantFugue posted:

Valkyr is DEFINITELY recent, though:

Also Zephyr is most likely a new construct, given that Oxium is a new thing that had to be researched.

oh god I am arguing space gun ninja lore on the internet where did my life go so wrong
Just because she's considered "forged" in the Zanuka project doesn't necessarily mean she was made there. "Forged in flame" and "forged" in general can just be used as a phrase, meaning that she was reworked. I assumed she was captured and Alad V just ran a bunch of tests on her which made her insane.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Doji Sekushi posted:

Awe-inspiring.

Where is this glorious hall? The dojo I see is a much more... modest one.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Skandranon posted:

Where is this glorious hall? The dojo I see is a much more... modest one.

It's the ps4 clan dojo. We live in opulence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

That's the PC one, where we use it for Labs and Ceiling Trees. Everything else is unnecessary.

e: at least put the Ceiling Fountain that's behind the flags into frame!