Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Is that a sword or a gun or both? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Humans with alien weaponry? Why not.

First we took Japan's transforming robots.

Now we appropriate their other cultural treasure: gunswords.

USA!
:911:
USA!

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Humans with alien weaponry? Why not.

Did the Decepticons accidentally make tiny human-sized guns?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hbomberguy posted:

Did the Decepticons accidentally make tiny human-sized guns?

I bet it's the Autobots. After all, nothing says "autobot" like outfitting people they find inferior with weapons so they can more effectively fight wars that might not necessarily be in their best interests, all in the name of "freedom".

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

he has amazing trigger discipline for a weapon that has no trigger

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Yoshifan823 posted:

I bet it's the Autobots. After all, nothing says "autobot" like outfitting people they find inferior with weapons so they can more effectively fight wars that might not necessarily be in their best interests, all in the name of "freedom".

Maybe the Decepticons made them to bring about the dictatorship of the proletariat, but then the Autobots instate Strict Alien-gun Licensing, the most fascist thing known to man and machine alike.

Movie prediction: Optimus says something stupid and condescending about how humans are great, and then the bad guy points out the many ways he is clearly wrong, and also stupid, before shooting him with his face.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
In 2009 I was working at the Crown Plaza in downtown Minneapolis as the night auditor. Basically I'm one guy in charge of the entire property in the middle of the night in a city with a high as gently caress murder rate. It was high stress.

One night A guy walks in and I realize I recognize him. It's Josh Duhamel and god drat he is a handsome bastard. It's his stag night and he is going to be married to Fergie in two days, and even though Fergie is pretty uggo I don't bring that up. His dad talks to me and explains that they are all from North Dakota and spend a lot of time as a family in Minneapolis. His friends are all super cool midwestern dudes and he is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Absolutely down to earth. Anyways I hooked him up with a ride to the strip club and I got 100 dollars from the strip club for the reference so they must have had a pretty great time.

They came back to the hotel around 3am, no hookers ordered, which surprised me.

Anyways that is my Josh Duhamel story, I talked to him for about 20 mins and he is a pretty cool guy who knows he isn't the best actor ever delivered to film, but is happy with where he is at in life.

Anyone have any decent analysis on his character arch in these movies? He doesn't really have one does he?

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
In the first movie Frenzy has sex with Air Force One (giving it an STD in the process) and later attempts to rape the audience identification character. In the second the Decepticons send a fembot to seduce (and tentacle rape) him. In the third Laserbeak recruits Wang to assult him in the men's room.

How is Michael Bay going to sexually harass the audience without the audience identification character???

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Whoa, wait, hold on- the new Transformer movie has Mark Wahlberg? The guy in his forties who was supposed to be a Hollywood whiz kid fifteen years ago then the Planet of the Apes remake bombed, but luckily he was able to piece together a career making well-known critically acclaimed but not super popular movies? The guy who produced a TV show about the skeevier parts of Hollywood culture but managed to avoid getting addicted to drugs and destroying his life personally?

He's gotta be pretty high on the list of people whose lives would have gotten a lot worse if they met Optimus Prime right after facing a major setback. Here's to hoping the movie does something with that. Wahlberg's not the kind of actor who signs up for random big projects just because he wants money.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
It always irks me that when the humans have guns capable of fighting transformers most of them don't go down easy yet Blackout who annihilated an entire base and fought off both Rachet and Ironhide got screwed by a couple of blasts from a grenade launcher despite the so called weak spot seemly pretty armored.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

SirDrone posted:

It always irks me that when the humans have guns capable of fighting transformers most of them don't go down easy yet Blackout who annihilated an entire base and fought off both Rachet and Ironhide got screwed by a couple of blasts from a grenade launcher despite the so called weak spot seemly pretty armored.
A couple of blasts that the guy firing them was about ten feet away from, at that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tomero_the_Great posted:

First we took Japan's transforming robots.

Now we appropriate their other cultural treasure: gunswords.

USA!
:911:
USA!

In the US we just call them pistol swords:

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
You could probably pull off some pretty sick gun kata with a gunblade.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Le teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGpDoyJvmI

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have no idea what is going on.

But I really want to.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The beginning looked like A History of Violence: Transformers

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

There's an American Flag in every second shot. This already feels like satire.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Apples McGrind posted:

Best satire ever. I'm on board.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Terry please go to opening night, so you can get to work on it. I'm making a coffee table book out of the pdf, and the 4th is maikng me hold off, because it looks like it's going to be a cherry on top.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Poster with the other main character:

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
Based solely on that teaser, this actually kind of looks like the Transformers film I wanted in the first place.

For one thing, the transformers themselves seem to be easier to distinguish at a glance.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Did we just see Unicron and possibly Galvatron. Was gun-face determined to be Lockdown?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Arquinsiel posted:

I have no idea what is going on.

But I really want to.

REMEMBER CHICAGO

CJSwiss
Mar 16, 2008

Guacala posted:

Did we just see Unicron and possibly Galvatron. Was gun-face determined to be Lockdown?

No Unicron, unless you're thinking of Lockdown's ship. Lockdown is gunface and Galvatron is the silver TF in the first teaser that slices a car in half. He's possibly a human created TF like Stinger (the red Bumblebee) and thus possibly mass produced. You can see his body on the ground in the shot where Lockdown gunfaces Optimus from behind.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Olibu posted:

Based solely on that teaser, this actually kind of looks like the Transformers film I wanted in the first place.

For one thing, the transformers themselves seem to be easier to distinguish at a glance.

It's actually amazing how they re-designed the Transformers. Fundamentally, they still look the same, but there's some small re-working of the details and the colour palette that make them stand out much more.

It feels like maybe "Pain And Gain" was the best thing for Bay.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Terry please go to opening night, so you can get to work on it. I'm making a coffee table book out of the pdf, and the 4th is maikng me hold off, because it looks like it's going to be a cherry on top.

Was there a finalized PDF linked somewhere?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Terry has made me sooooo excited for this

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Have to agree. It is far easier to tell the individuals now. I'm curious though. Are these the main Deception army or are these something different? Maybe Quintesson led transformers?

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 5, 2014

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Apples McGrind posted:

If the final shot of the movie isn't Optimus Prime riding Grimlok on top of mountain waving an American flag narrated with a campy quote I'm demanding my money back.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
We all seem to be forgetting something important here.

Optimus Prime is a motherfucking cab-over semi again.:black101:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Tasty tasty crumbs. Thank you Bay!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ensign_Ricky posted:

No he isn't, not for long anyway, that's his form when in hiding before he turns into the Western Star truck.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And he's holding a separate sword.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

The best part of that trailer is when Optimus Prime loving bitchslapped Grimlock. Also when Marky Mark said he had a Transformer. Has the word Transformer ever been said in the Transformer movies before? I've seen them all multiple times and I forget.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

No he isn't, not for long anyway, that's his form when in hiding before he turns into the Western Star truck.

Gotta sell them toys. His Western Star form is the first one revealed anyway.

Here's another thing from the movie's website:

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

robot roll call posted:

The best part of that trailer is when Optimus Prime loving bitchslapped Grimlock. Also when Marky Mark said he had a Transformer. Has the word Transformer ever been said in the Transformer movies before? I've seen them all multiple times and I forget.

Simmons said it at least once in ROTF, there may be more. There's been "transform" as a verb multiple times.

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
"Transformer" is an in-universe slur. Wahlberg's character's use of it is an example of how progressive racism can foster solidarity between those who the powers that be would rather have at each other's throats.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Weird copyright law fact: Hasbro cannot use the word "transform" on their toy packaging, so Transformers "convert" instead.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sam Witwicky refers to Mikaela Barnes as an 'emotional transformer' at 00:06:03 in the now infamous, excised 'break-up' scene from Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Why do they breathe? I noticed that both Grimlock and Prime have steaming breath during their little spat there at the end.