Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Popo posted:

I do enjoy Gigi's Q&A sessions.

"Because Dreamside is a world that runs on wizards..."

I like to think this is actually horribly dark and basically the Matrix only with wizards as the human batteries.

I think Gigi already gave an answer along the lines of "there will be some dark/sad moments ahead, but it won't be a huge leap in tone from the general feel of the comic".

e: Oh you mean as a joke. That's cool. I get jokes. I am a joke-getter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Popo posted:

I do enjoy Gigi's Q&A sessions.

"Because Dreamside is a world that runs on wizards..."

I like to think this is actually horribly dark and basically the Matrix only with wizards as the human batteries.

That's a bit high tech don't you think?

I was just picturing a pile of wizards in a big ol' bucket next to a furnace :unsmigghh:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Nah, it's just a bunch of wizards running on treadmills.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

Nahxela posted:

Nah, it's just a bunch of wizards running on treadmills.

In Dreamside treadmill runs on wizard.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's wizards all the way down.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That wizarding school Cuco wanted to go to was really an engineering school, only instead of designing everything with I-beams, they use magic. It's a depressingly one-to-one switch and is nearly as boring as real life engineering. Even all the math is the same, though you can gently caress with physics a bit more.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

A moment of silence for the second Disaster Master.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get defeated disaster masters as summon spirits or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Welp, only one appropriate reaction, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9_m_iaCdTc

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 3, 2014

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Good job everyone!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
It's okay, Mutemaster. Rest for now.

See what I did there?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IMJack posted:

It's okay, Mutemaster. Rest for now.

See what I did there?

:argh: yes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nice they'll get some sick EXP for this.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
So what does everyone think Cucumber will get from this. Probably AoE silence and what, maybe just a straight up damage spell?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
His wand just screams ":siren:IT'S YA BOY!:siren:" whenever he casts a spell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Razorwired posted:

His wand just screams ":siren:IT'S YA BOY!:siren:" whenever he casts a spell.

They became stones so they can screw up Cuco's next big spell. I'm telling ya, it's sabotage.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This is no victory at all.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Cue Dream Oracle entering and awkwardly disrupting Noisemaster and Mutemaster's deaths.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So what does everyone think Cucumber will get from this. Probably AoE silence and what, maybe just a straight up damage spell?

His wand produces a wave of dubstep that drops the bass and damages the ears of surrounding foes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The dubstep is especially effective once he figures out how to make it... unplugged. :cool:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Cue Dream Oracle entering and awkwardly disrupting Noisemaster and Mutemaster's deaths.

Oh... joy

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
So this means the Disaster Masters can just say 'gently caress it IM OUT' whenever or do they need to be 'defeated' first?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Meowjesty posted:

So this means the Disaster Masters can just say 'gently caress it IM OUT' whenever or do they need to be 'defeated' first?

Noisemaster said they had to fight, that's just how it is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Meowjesty posted:

So this means the Disaster Masters can just say 'gently caress it IM OUT' whenever

Apparently!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Meowjesty posted:

Tenebrais posted:

Maybe it's a special case because Noisemaster and Mutemaster are a pair. Mutemaster's the invincible, respawning, attention-grabbing minion, and Noisemaster's the Actual Boss, so when you beat him, Mutemaster goes with him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe they have to at least initiate a battle and can then concede defeat at any time if they so choose.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Tenebrais posted:

Maybe he was not being all that honest ans just wanted to fire his laser doodad?

But yeah, NM's power to Cuco is clearly a summon. Flava Flav can now be called and while he won't fight he WILL tell everyone about how great Cuco and Co. are.
MM's power makes him go away again because sometimes you can have too much Flava.

BOIIIIII.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Gigi posted:

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 2h
hi im going to update on wednesday because this two pages a week thing is slowly killing me. sorry. sorry. sorry. sorry. sorry

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 2h
IM JUST GONNA EAT THROUGH MY BUFFER AGAIN AND LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE!! SORRY!! SORRY!! SORRY!! SORRY!!!

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 2h
LOOK I KNOW CUCUMBER QUEST STARTED AT TWO PAGES A WEEK BUT I'VE HAD A TASTE OF TRUE POWER AND I CAN'T GO BACK

Good news, folks! :toot:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

No, gigi you'll burn out! :ohdear:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
That's the kind of artist I wish I could be, one whose passion for creation and showing off overrides anything that might slow me down.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Y'gotta learn to be that kinda artist, mang. Art is always hard and takes time and sometimes no matter how much you love it it's not fun and if you ever think the finished product is good enough it means you're stagnating. The reason so many artists have mental health issues is because they're basically in an abusive relationship with themselves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

IMJack posted:

That's the kind of artist I wish I could be, one whose passion for creation and showing off overrides anything that might slow me down.
There's that, but then there's also this:

Blackheart posted:

No, gigi you'll burn out! :ohdear:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Won't be as YA BOY as Radiation's but I'm putting together a noisemaster song. It's not finished yet, but I just wanted to get some quick opinions first, since it's something a bit new for me. Trying to go for like, a techno-dungeon in an rpg.

Everything about Noisemaster is great and I want him in every video game I play

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 5, 2014

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
In which our heroes feel uncertain.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hey, free EXP points are free EXP points. Don't whine!

Where was chardonnay anyway? Did she go back to the dream oracle?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Dream Oracle's there ready to go "Oh great job heroes!" All cheerfully.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Sometimes I get the feeling that Nightmare Knight's summon/defeat cycle is like some kind of punishment or curse placed on him. Sorta like Groundhog Day, only with swords and magic. The entire world is his prison, the Dream Oracles are his wardens, and it's being going on for so long that nobody except NK has any idea that this is the case.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-474/
Is she going to take all the credit?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Please Cuco

Please call her on it if she tries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I really missed Gigi's author comments. I'm so happy they're back.