Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

randombattle posted:

What the hell happened to this game. It was cruising right a long with multiple different playable builds all over the place then suddenly ghost town.

They cited quality reasons for the delay. April-June release now seems likely, but seeing how there's still no ramp up on hype or previews or news, April's really unlikely. As much as it sucks, I think they're going to wait to release until after E3. Gives them the maximum amount of time and gives them a really easy and fast way to build up a ton of hype and interest.

I could be wrong but... it feels so right. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Naky posted:

They cited quality reasons for the delay. April-June release now seems likely, but seeing how there's still no ramp up on hype or previews or news, April's really unlikely. As much as it sucks, I think they're going to wait to release until after E3. Gives them the maximum amount of time and gives them a really easy and fast way to build up a ton of hype and interest.

Or it's going to fall in that Infamous 2/The Last Of Us window where it comes out basically as E3 is happening. Which I'd bet is more likely than coming out after E3.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I bet it stakes out the big May release window that's worked so well for Rockstar games considering nothing actually from Rockstar is on the horizon.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Didn't the first Assassin's Creed game kind of do this same thing? I remember that was highly ambitious too but I can't remember if it was ever delayed.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Naky posted:

Or they could make Last of Us' release a trend and release it DURING E3.

A man can dream...

This is what happens when I leave a tab open :doh:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It could be they reworking it for PS4/Xbone. The longer they delay it, the less likely the PS3/360 are still relevant, and that could hurt sales.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

blackguy32 posted:

Didn't the first Assassin's Creed game kind of do this same thing? I remember that was highly ambitious too but I can't remember if it was ever delayed.

I don't recall if it was delayed but it was released in the traditional late-fall period when the big games come out, so I assume no. IIRC of the delay info was that Ubi doesn't want an AC scenario where the first release carries a risk of IP failure due to various issues with the game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Meat Recital posted:

It could be they reworking it for PS4/Xbone. The longer they delay it, the less likely the PS3/360 are still relevant, and that could hurt sales.

I think this is accurate, after a lot of reviews were oddly underwhelmed by AC4 on new gen... yes, it had better framerates and was prettier and was the best way to play it, but overall it apparently didn't look THAT much better that people had their socks blown off.

Gamers have unreasonable expectations. Shocker. :rolleyes:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I figured out why they "abandoned" the Watch Dogs trademark.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Daztek posted:

I figured out why they "abandoned" the Watch Dogs trademark.

They're expanding their DS Imagine! series, I see.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

:siren:Apparently, the Sony Store has a release date of June 30th listed.:siren:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ShootaBoy posted:

:siren:Apparently, the Sony Store has a release date of June 30th listed.:siren:

Amazon's had that as the date for a while. All that's ever been said was Q2 2014.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ShootaBoy posted:

That's just a safe date because that's literally the last day of Q2 2014, at least for Ubisoft.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ubisoft confirmed it for Q2 anyway, so barring another delay (which obviously even a set release date doesn't stop from happening) it'll be out by then.

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011
Isn't there supposed to be some big news about the game this week?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Aphrodite posted:

Wii U version got delayed.

Three people just got really disappointed.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

On the EU store, it used to be some date ridiculously far in the future, like 2100 or something. That's probably because they had the pre-order available before it was delayed, otherwise they wouldn't have offered it. If they changed that date then they're probably close to its actual release date.

E: It's still listed as Jan 1st 2099 on the EU webstore, so it might just be a quirk of the US PSN store. They don't even offer pre-loading there, for some reason.

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 4, 2014

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Looks like it's due out May 27th.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please be 100% confirmed. :pray: I am so excited for this game.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I said come in! posted:

Please be 100% confirmed. :pray: I am so excited for this game.

That story trailer looks pretty official to me. :neckbeard:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Only two months and change? I could seriously go for this.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I hope it's good, but I'm seriously expecting a trainwreck at this point. No game with this many unexpected delays comes out the way it should.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I hope it's good, but I'm seriously expecting a trainwreck at this point. No game with this many unexpected delays comes out the way it should.

You mean 1?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The story trailer has convinced me this is actually an alt universe Batman origin story focused on his tech gadgets and intelligence and where he murders the piss out of people with guns. :getin:

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

The story trailer has convinced me this is actually an alt universe Batman origin story focused on his tech gadgets and intelligence and where he murders the piss out of people with guns. :getin:

So, Frank Miller's Batman?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The official Watch Dogs twitter just confirmed the release date.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Are recommended specs out?

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
He certainly did murder a lot of people in that trailer. I wonder if it's going to be possible to do an (almost) non-lethal playthrough.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Is that then 30th of May in the countries that matter (:v:)? Or Worldwide?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Geokinesis posted:

Is that then 30th of May in the countries that matter (:v:)? Or Worldwide?

Euro countries have a three month delay behind the master race.

(Though seriously, expect at least a one month delay for PC in any case due to Ubisoft.)

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Leb posted:

He certainly did murder a lot of people in that trailer. I wonder if it's going to be possible to do an (almost) non-lethal playthrough.

I'm whatever the opposite of a sociopath in videogames is. If there is any "morality" system, no matter how contrived or limiting, I just can't bring myself to be "evil". Except when I quick save in frustration and kill everyone I can see. And then reload.

What I'm saying is I hope there are multiple save slots. This trend of only one save slot is killing me by not letting me kill.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nice article on the delay: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-06-why-watch-dogs-was-delayed

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
UbiSoft really wants people to hear about why this was delayed.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Well I'm still sold.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

In other words, they really did want it to not suck. I'm going to go out on a limb and take this as a good sign for once.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

AwkwardKnob posted:

Well I'm still sold.

Absolutely! Watch Dogs going to be the game I bought a PlayStation 4 for, and it looks like that will still stand for me. This and MLB The Show are my most anticipated titles of the next few quarters .

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

(Though seriously, expect at least a one month delay for PC in any case due to Ubisoft.)

Fwiw one of those Polygon posts said they started it on PC and then ported it to 360/PS3/XB1/PS4 rather than the opposite, which they usually do.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sounds like they narrowly avoided releasing another Assassin's Creed 1.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Sindai posted:

Sounds like they narrowly avoided releasing another Assassin's Creed 1.

Agreed, because repetition is basically what killed the immersive atmosphere they were going for back then. It was cool the first dozen times until you noticed you were repeating the same 3 scenarios over and over. That kind of thing isn't always obvious when games journalists are doing preview articles. I'm really heartened by this news.

...now I'm left idling wondering how this is going to fare on Xbox One. I don't know why I'm still holding out hope that console will eventually be worth purchasing. This will really be best on the PC, won't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

AwkwardKnob posted:

Agreed, because repetition is basically what killed the immersive atmosphere they were going for back then. It was cool the first dozen times until you noticed you were repeating the same 3 scenarios over and over. That kind of thing isn't always obvious when games journalists are doing preview articles. I'm really heartened by this news.

...now I'm left idling wondering how this is going to fare on Xbox One. I don't know why I'm still holding out hope that console will eventually be worth purchasing. This will really be best on the PC, won't it?
Of course it'll be best on PC. That's how the world works.

• Locked thread