Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nixar55
Jul 25, 2003

She packed my bags last night. Pre-flight. Zero hour nine a.m. And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.

Paradox Personified posted:

waitwaitwait, just thought- what if there's a SECOND silo? What if there's two eyes and not just one? :aaa:

I thought that too. However, I rewatched the episode and there are, in fact, FOUR silos! I somehow doubt *that* many people can go missing on that kind of a huge project and no one would notice. Then again. :aaa:

I'm indifferent to the term "fannibal." I think it's kinda cute. I'm just not into the flower crown fandom aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

seravid posted:

Some sharpening, otherwise untouched.

Cool, thanks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Paradox Personified posted:

Hannibal Season 2: OPERATION CHILTY'S SPARE KIDNEY (Fridays @ 10 ET, NBC)
How a-freakin'-dorable is this. If all charities did something pop-cultury like this, I feel they'd draw in a few more people;

CHILTY

Oh.

Oh my.

This, this is something that means a good deal to me. That scene, both times I've watched it, brought about a full on panic attack in me. You see, I've suffered from kidney disease and end stage renal failure for at least half my life now. I've had three kidney transplants over the years. I'm presently back on dialysis due to an ultra-rare issue that keeps further transplantation from being viable. Regardless, this is important. If being a fan of Hannibal means you donate somehow to the medical community, whether it be time, money, or a bigger sacrifice, then you are my personal hero, and I mean that without exaggeration.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hannibal, also known as NBC executive horror story

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Can't help but feel there's a parallel between the premieres of both seasons. In Season One we had Hannibal telling Garret Jacob Hobbs "They know", and now in Season Two we have Hannibal "telling" Will, through Will's hallucination (or whatever) in the ear-planting scene, so now Will "knows".

Or maybe it's just late and I'm tired and thinking about it too much.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

That's hilarious, obviously Fuller wanted to answer to the question, what is the most macabre turducken you could possible describe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nixar55 posted:

I thought that too. However, I rewatched the episode and there are, in fact, FOUR silos! I somehow doubt *that* many people can go missing on that kind of a huge project and no one would notice. Then again. :aaa:

They did say they were from diffrent states, and they were reported missing along with their cars. That could be a lot of people. I also assume that the fight that was shown at the beginning of the episode will end with Will coming in and stopping him.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hannibal doesn't even try to be realistic with the amount of people that the serial killers have already been shown to of killed. Story and imagery trump realism every time, and I'm fine with that, as it allows the world of Hannibal to have its interesting dream like surreal Dante inferno'ish atmosphere to it, that would be harder to achieve if realism was king.

Having said that, if the killer does ends up having killed hundreds with no one noticing, that would probably be stretching it.
it

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this show takes place in a world where 1) Serial Killers are an epidemic, and each kill at least a dozen people, and 2) Psychology is magic, and can accomplish anything from mind control to forcing people to believe they are other people.

AlexG
Jul 15, 2004
If you can't solve a problem with gaffer tape, it's probably insoluble anyway.

dr_rat posted:

That's hilarious, obviously Fuller wanted to answer to the question, what is the most macabre turducken you could possible describe.

The season 3 episode titles should follow this theme. Turducken. Cheez Whiz. Tuna Jello Salad with Cream Cheese and Pretzels.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
To be fair there was that one guy in India that got caught after they found some bodies stuck in a drain somewhere. I do like the parallels.
But yeah, a plague of serial killers is extremely accurate. Without that we wouldn't have the impetus we have now, so I can't pick at that.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

AlexG posted:

The season 3 episode titles should follow this theme. Turducken. Cheez Whiz. Tuna Jello Salad with Cream Cheese and Pretzels.

This was so fun in the last thread. I instantly became hungry when I typed S14 blooper reel: Ketchup Sandwiches (unaired episode).

And then;

BrooklynBruiser posted:

S15E1: McDonald's.

Choco1980 posted:

S15E13: Shoe Leather and Buttons.

AstroZamboni posted:

Hannibal: The Series: The Movie: RenFaire Turkey Leg

Azure_Horizon posted:

S16E12: He Just Straight Up Serves Human Meat
Ahh edit, quote... quote, edit. Something something those two aren't the same something... something.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 4, 2014

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

AlexG posted:

...Waldorf Salad. Red Velvet Cake. Tollhouse Cookies. Wonderbread and Mayo...

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I can't wait to see more of the human beehive.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Do you think this season will end with Hannibals capture, or they are going to go completly diffrent and kill Crawford? If they capture him will next season be Will trying to redeem himself, or will it be the hunt for Hannibal?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Having Hannibal behind bars for the next 4 season is going to suck so I hope Jack dies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Having Hannibal behind bars for the next 4 season is going to suck so I hope Jack dies.

If this is the season he is captured he would only be in jail for 2 full seasons then escaping in the middle of the 5th.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

Do you think this season will end with Hannibals capture, or they are going to go completly diffrent and kill Crawford? If they capture him will next season be Will trying to redeem himself, or will it be the hunt for Hannibal?

I think Fishburne is actually a pretty big factor there. If they aren't sure they can lock him up for another 3 seasons might as well have him go out in spectacular fashion. It also serves notice to book fans that they can't predict where the story will go from here.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bobkatt013 posted:

If this is the season he is captured he would only be in jail for 2 full seasons then escaping in the middle of the 5th.

Yeah my mind blanked for some reason.

I don't know if Bryan Fuller has free reign on this show but Jack dying could make for some interesting things. Maybe Will could take his job during the Silence era so that Hugh Dancy doesn't have to completely bow out for a couple seasons. Or maybe Fuller is loving with us and that Hannibal/Jack fight takes place much further into the future and not at the end of the current season.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Well with the way the scene ends with Crawford in the cupboard, if some backup arrives Hannibal could make a run for it leaving Crawford alive. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

marktheando posted:

Well with the way the scene ends with Crawford in the cupboard, if some backup arrives Hannibal could make a run for it leaving Crawford alive. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

We know something like that is bound to happen since Will has to capture Hannibal. Its either Hannibal breaking in and killing him, or someone coming in to save him.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just wonder if Crawford's wife is still going to be alive by the time the confrontation happens.

God it would be such a gut-punch if Hannibal was involved in her death, especially since they already have a doctor-patient relationship.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I just wonder if Crawford's wife is still going to be alive by the time the confrontation happens.

God it would be such a gut-punch if Hannibal was involved in her death, especially since they already have a doctor-patient relationship.

He seemed really pissed, and was wondering if he did something else to Crawford to piss him off more.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

He seemed really pissed, and was wondering if he did something else to Crawford to piss him off more.

Eh, I just assumed he finds out what happened last season. Crawford's been beating himself up over failing to help Will or see him for what he really was, he will be super pissed when he finds out that was all a lie. Not to mention the cannibalism.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

Eh, I just assumed he finds out what happened last season. Crawford's been beating himself up over failing to help Will or see him for what he really was, he will be super pissed when he finds out that was all a lie. Not to mention the cannibalism.

I know and the fact he seems to be really beating himself over Miriam Lass. I just wonder what caused Crawford to figure out the truth.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

I know and the fact he seems to be really beating himself over Miriam Lass. I just wonder what caused Crawford to figure out the truth.

Ahahaha, I had totally forgotten about Miriam Lass. So in addition to all the other reasons Crawford would be furious, when he finds out the truth about Hannibal he'll also be finding out that Hannibal killed his protégé and has been taunting him about it. That's probably even more of a reason than the others for Crawford to be out for blood.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Hannibal, Season 2: Not to mention all the cannibalism....

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Will hasn't yet made the connection that Hannibal/The Copycat killer is also the Chesapeake Ripper, right?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Doesn't seem that way, no.

Also, re: Bella Crawford, I'm thinking assisted suicide they don't tell Jack about. We've seen via Abigail that he has no qualms about drugging his patients provided they're under his 'supervision', and maybe that's the only way he can think of to let her die on her own terms, without losing the dignity she's trying to hold onto.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

marktheando posted:

Will hasn't yet made the connection that Hannibal/The Copycat killer is also the Chesapeake Ripper, right?

What exactly has the "Chesapeake Ripper" done so far? None of Hannibal's killings in the show have been attributed to him right? Just the "copycat".

Have they mentioned how many murders he's been credited with before the show starts? I know they showed us the Miriam Lass thing, but I don't remember where they were in the investigation by that point.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 4, 2014

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
(eats lung)

"Hey, this tastes like my wife!"

(drinks beer)

"Hey, this tastes like Miriam!"

(shakes finger)

"Hannibaaaaaaaaaal"

edit: VVV We should form a writing partnership

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 4, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
(it's 2 in the AM and, unable to sleep, Hannibal is watching The X-Files on Netflix)

A guy who eats cancer? Sayyy, that gives me an idea! But where am I gonna get some cancer at this time of night...

(Looks at the camera and gives a big ol' wink)

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

What exactly has the "Chesapeake Ripper" done so far? None of Hannibal's killings in the show have been attributed to him right? Just the "copycat".

Have they mentioned how many murders he's been credited with before the show starts? I know they showed us the Miriam Lass thing, but I don't remember where they were in the investigation by that point.

In the episode with the organ stealing we saw Hannibal do a few Ripper style killings, and as you say in the Miriam Lass episode.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Plus the 'rabbit' we saw him chase down. 'Other infections' dude. Franklyn. Tobias. Marissa Shurr. Field-girl. Elise Nichols (or was that GJH?) Abigail. Miriam.

At least eight that we know of, plus god knows how many are in his rolodex.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

Plus the 'rabbit' we saw him chase down. 'Other infections' dude. Franklyn. Tobias. Marissa Shurr. Field-girl. Elise Nichols (or was that GJH?) Abigail. Miriam.

At least eight that we know of, plus god knows how many are in his rolodex.

I thought Field-girl was a copy cat killing. He made it look like Hobbes but Will very quickly figured out that it was not, so wasn't that the "first" copy cat killing? I had forgotten about Franklin and Tobias though, I suppose they will officially be Ripper cases once Hannibal is found out.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah Franklin, Tobias and field girl weren't killed with the Ripper MO- ie put on display in some hosed up way with 'surgical trophies' taken.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I thought Hannibal was the copy-cat, trying to make it clear to Will what he wasn't seeing in regard to Hobbes....Will described him as an intelligent psychopath, right?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

I thought Hannibal was the copy-cat, trying to make it clear to Will what he wasn't seeing in regard to Hobbes....Will described him as an intelligent psychopath, right?

We(at least I am) are trying to figure out how many of the killings Will can attribute to Hannibal, and once Hannibal is caught which killings will be deemed Chesapeake Ripper killings and which will go unsolved because Hannibal committed them using the copy cat MO.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Basebf555 posted:

We(at least I am) are trying to figure out how many of the killings Will can attribute to Hannibal, and once Hannibal is caught which killings will be deemed Chesapeake Ripper killings and which will go unsolved because Hannibal committed them using the copy cat MO.

Hannibal's more likely to get implicated for the copycat murders than those under his own MO since Will is remembering the things Hannibal did to frame him.

There hasn't been a verifiable Ripper killing at least since that patient of Chilton's was institutionalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hope and vaseline posted:

Exec: .....so.... we don't see any nipples right? Then we're all good here, people.

• Locked thread