Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I didn't see a single gringo on their roster.
Misleading to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

"Gringo Super Fight"

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't think of a single sentence where Gringo Super Fight could be said with a straight face.

They're onto something.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

coconono posted:

I can't think of a single sentence where Gringo Super Fight could be said with a straight face.

They're onto something.

I hope they tack on a "League" and co-opt SFL's theme song.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
as far as I'm concerned Gringo Super Fight is the de facto #2 promotion in MMA

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Triticum Guzzler posted:

http://www.gringosuperfight.com/site/index.php

an organisation called "Gringo Super Fight" is staging Cyborg/Manhoef 2 in April, which is sure to be a crushing disappointment for all involved

Every thing about this is perfect.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It's problematic having two fighters, male and female who are both nicknamed Cyborg, were married to each other, have bad/dumb tattoos and are probably roided out of their minds. I could see either one fighting Manhoef in a sufficiently B-league promotion, and Gringo Super Fights sounds like that promotion.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Just call the male one Guyborg.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It was even more confusing when they were married and shared a last name.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
It helps there's only one Cyborg people actually know about.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I just use Mr. Cyborg and Mrs. Cyborg

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
usually people only get half in the divorce, but Cyborg took literally everything from him, good for her

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

usually people only get half in the divorce, but Cyborg took literally everything from him, good for her

and injected it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@BloodyElbow 2m
Titan FC signs Jason Brilz, who fights Vinny Magalhaes in April http://sbn.to/1csJ6Uc

God I hope Vinny doesn't gently caress this up

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

coconono posted:

becuase he's a surprisingly charmingly observant fellow? He punches squatters?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Yuriy posted:

God I hope Vinny doesn't gently caress this up

He will. Is that fight at HW?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Booto Guylain after getting TKO'd in a EFC Africa bout

That certainly sucks.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
Shannon Knapp just dropped a crapload of news for Wombat Sports, none of which I was aware of except that they were still trying to get a TV deal going (they were offered TV deals as soon as Invicta 2, but they wanted to get both a good deal and one that allowed retention of creative control).

Summary points:

•Invicta 8 will probably be in late April, pushed back from late March (this is not a surprise). The hold up is negotiating a TV deal. When the date announced the card will be announced too, since they already have a "mock card" in place.

•Once Invicta has a TV deal they'll probably leave Kansas City (they've been looking to do this for a while).

•Invicta 9's date and main-event may be announced at roughly the same time Invicta 8 is announced.

•Cyborg vs. Edianne Gomes has been confirmed as Cyborg's next match and final match at Featherweight (there had been speculation of it being Julia Budd but Gomes makes more sense). She reiterated that she'd drop down and fight Invicta BW Champion Lauren Murphy after this.

•Zoila Frausto (she broke up with Jorge Gurgel) is dropping back to Strawweight after failing at FLW (prediction: Mizuki Inoue's gonna gently caress her up).

•World #5 SW Ayaka Hamasaki is dropping to Atomweight this is kind of a shocker, but it's a good move on her part as she's kind of small for SW. This also corroborates the possibility that Hamasaki may be done with Deep/Jewels, which would be pretty rad if Invicta could get her as an exclusive talent.

•New signee Herica Tiburcio (#12 SW) is also dropping down. This kind of makes sense being that she's freaking 4'11".

"After Invicta’s announcement of the 15 fighters a few weeks ago, Knapp was under fire for not signing more U.S. talent." (wtf?) "Knapp made a note to mention that more signings are on the way, many are American talent. We should expect a few more Atomweights to be added to the roster next week; all American talent." (I actually thought it was cool how she was signing excellent foreign talent but whatever). :911:

•Invicta is waiting for the TUF 20 tryouts to happen before making additional signings, whenever the gently caress those happen (probably in April).

•She reiterated that she isn't looking to sell the company "even if it was offered."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Knapp is the best.

I hope Inoue can get the gently caress outta DEEP/Jewels, too.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

LobsterMobster posted:

Knapp is the best.

I hope Inoue can get the gently caress outta DEEP/Jewels, too.

Her manager Shu Hirata dropped a lot of info on Inoue not too long ago. For starters, she has one more fight on her DEEP/Jewels contract. Secondly, she's said she'd like to fight for Invicta at least once more before she makes her UFC debut, since third, "the UFC has expressed strong interest in signing [Inoue]."

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

individual865 posted:

In a similar vein of absurdity, I present: http://matrixfight.com/. Dude wants to hold MMA fights on parabolic flights. Amazing.

Edit: Hahahahahhahahaha

Stay out of South Jersey/Philadelpia, we already have enough lovely "Matrix" fights, man.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3qmC9PKWQ

I can't remember if this has been posted before but apparently they got a deal with AXS.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

That does suck but what an idiotic loving article. MMA is already under scrutiny and criticism and writing things like "death is a part of the fight game" and "[..] just to name a few" doesn't help anybody, least of all this dumb sport.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's not a journalist's job to be nice to mma because it has generalised anxiety disorder because that big bully john mccain said mean things in 1997

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
"Journalist"

Opal
May 10, 2005

But I guess you're right and MMA has no image to recover or maintain

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@TalkMMA 3m
.@TitanFighting 28: In addition to @VinnyMMA Magalhaes vs @JasonBrilz, @MikeyRicci vs @georgesots will happen as well.

In news that only Atom will give a poo poo about, Ricci gets to fight George Sotiropolous at the next Titan FC

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Oh man is there a way for Ricci and Sot to lose?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

the least weasel posted:

But I guess you're right and MMA has no image to recover or maintain

You care too much about an article 6 people will read.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

In news that only Atom will give a poo poo about, Ricci gets to fight George Sotiropolous at the next Titan FC

I can't wait for the face-off purely from the contrast of a glistening young hardbody to Old Man Stomach.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ahahahaha, yes!

"Oklahoma's Battlegrounds MMA Revives Eight-Man, One-Night Tournaments posted:

Battlegrounds received permission to run the tournaments—dubbed Battlegrounds: One Night Elimination (O.N.E.)—from the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission after Bryan O'Rourke, managing partner for Battlegrounds, petitioned the commission for changes to the rules.

They'll be using a slightly modified version of the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts. Elbows will be illegal in all fights except for the final. The preliminary tournament fights will also feature three five-minute rounds, with the final going five rounds.

Opal
May 10, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You care too much about an article 6 people will read.

Fair point

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
B-League Update!

FRIDAY 3/7/14

7PM EST - BellatorFC 111: See thread.

715PM EST - RFA 13: Amateur Prelims http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4462683/RFA13 Main at 10PMEST: axs.tv

11PM EST - RDC MMA 4: Weekly Mexican fights! Now with 3 5 minute rounds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV_7ljkn-eA

SATURDAY 3/8/14

6PM EST - Jungle Favela 1: Wallid Ismael is going all City of God and recruiting talent from the favelas this time. Guess this is like Brazil's version of Rings The Outsider? Should be fun. http://tv-msn.com/lutas.html

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

individual865 posted:

B-League Update!

FRIDAY 3/7/14

7PM EST - BellatorFC 111: See thread.

715PM EST - RFA 13: Amateur Prelims http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4462683/RFA13 Main at 10PMEST: axs.tv

11PM EST - RDC MMA 4: Weekly Mexican fights! Now with 3 5 minute rounds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV_7ljkn-eA

SATURDAY 3/8/14

6PM EST - Jungle Favela 1: Wallid Ismael is going all City of God and recruiting talent from the favelas this time. Guess this is like Brazil's version of Rings The Outsider? Should be fun. http://tv-msn.com/lutas.html

Glory is also happening this weekend featuring Crocop

Also next week Brock Larson and Kamal Shalorus have OneFC fights.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Glory news/links should probably go in the K1 thread, I guess? I try to post any muay thai links I find in there, the thread is pretty dead, it might be good to liven it up a bit IMO.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1990285-how-russian-president-vladimir-putin-changed-one-mma-fighters-life

I don't have the gif of Anthony Ruiz vs Gan McGee anymore, but needless to say Putin has great taste

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Congrats JT and Willie Dee!

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Congrats JT and Willie Dee!

Why?

(first i googled "james thompson" and when I didn't find any news on him I googled "gay marriage uk".)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
According to the last page JT took another step towards getting beat up by Soa Paleilaielaiealiaeiaaleialeaiealiealiealaiei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

niethan posted:

Why?

(first i googled "james thompson" and when I didn't find any news on him I googled "gay marriage uk".)

I can't give any names, but a guy at my gym's sister, told him that her brother-in-law might have seen, his father and his uncle talking about, a lewd act by a semi-famous z-level mma fighter

What I am trying to say is that JT is a homosexual