Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I've been watching the live stream of the Steve Austin Outside The Ring. Aside from one or two buffering moments, and the stream quality never really picking up to HD levels, it played just fine.

For the record, my stream quality always stays around 720P, 1080 or so on my PC, but it won't really do that here on my 360 for whatever reason. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Noticed a few things about the 360 version already. No search function and the episode lists are all over the place. Strangely no Raw Episode 5, which is where I was up to.

I expect another update though, as I kinda think this was a quick update done to stop people complaining that it doesn't work.

PenUltimateWarrior
Nov 1, 2009

:siren:TEAR DOWN THE COCKPIT DOOR, HO KOGAN:siren:
I have just been billed by Paypal twice and WWE support seems to be down, any one have either of these problems?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Some news on Main Event, Ion are apparently not renewing the contract when it ends the week before Mania. So Main Event will be a live show every week from now on, and Network exclusive after Mania.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

PenUltimateWarrior posted:

I have just been billed by Paypal twice and WWE support seems to be down, any one have either of these problems?

I had one payment completed and one stalled out pending for a week (because of the cluster that was the signup a week-ish ago) and that pending one from 2/25 is still pending as of this morning. I sent them an email a few days ago asking them to cancel it, got no response, and as of right now it's still pending so I'm not sure if I'll ever get a response. If it does eventually go through and if I never get a response I may eventually cave and call the listed phone number but I'm really not looking forward to it.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

njsykora posted:

Some news on Main Event, Ion are apparently not renewing the contract when it ends the week before Mania. So Main Event will be a live show every week from now on, and Network exclusive after Mania.

LIVE live? Like, this poo poo is happening right now live?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aardvark Barber posted:

I think it's going to be live until Mania to test the stream but probably taped after that because any West Coast Smackdown tapings would throw off the schedule. WWE is primarily East/Central through Mania IIRC, so they can do it now. Their schedule has Wrestlemania Rewind/Countdown during the time that Main Event would be taping in Mountain/Pacific.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is there a site/wiki that links the unsearchable shows? I found a bunch of unlisted stuff looking ahead at the calendar and have started saving some links for myself to watch later.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Aardvark Barber posted:

What happened to then?!

Anyway, finally got the 360 app to work. It appears that any and all Xbox 360 apps refuse to work with my Street Fighter IV arcade stick outside of the dashboard button. I dusted off my original controller (which I haven't used in over two years), smacked it on the side to make it work and now everything's good.

This was after spending about an hour and a half with Xbox support, who kept dismissing me when I asked, "Do you think it might be the special controller?" and had me do connection-related poo poo.

The 360 app is a good start, but it really needs a search function and a better fast-forward tool.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Gavok posted:

What happened to then?!

Anyway, finally got the 360 app to work. It appears that any and all Xbox 360 apps refuse to work with my Street Fighter IV arcade stick outside of the dashboard button. I dusted off my original controller (which I haven't used in over two years), smacked it on the side to make it work and now everything's good.

This was after spending about an hour and a half with Xbox support, who kept dismissing me when I asked, "Do you think it might be the special controller?" and had me do connection-related poo poo.

The 360 app is a good start, but it really needs a search function and a better fast-forward tool.

This happened to me when I was trying to use the wireless speed wheel to login. I guess most apps can only use the normal controller.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think it's going to be live until Mania to test the stream but probably taped after that because any West Coast Smackdown tapings would throw off the schedule. WWE is primarily East/Central through Mania IIRC, so they can do it now. Their schedule has Wrestlemania Rewind/Countdown during the time that Main Event would be taping in Mountain/Pacific.

I'd assume live when it's on the east coast and 'live' when it's on the west coast, or they just do later tapings? I assume that's how they do Raw when they're on the west coast.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was charged $9.99 when I first signed up for the network, which according to the help on the site is just a temporary hold.

It'd been there all week, so I called today to see what the deal was; I didn't want to be charged for the first week, then charged again for March.

Called support today and it was an awful, awful time. I'm not sure what the woman's first language was, but it definitely wasn't English and it made it very hard to figure anything out. She just kept starting every sentence with "Okay, okay, okay, okay" before trying to explain things.

She may have canceled my account? Maybe not? The charge may just be the first month of my subscription? She said I was charged because I have now exceeded the 7-day trial period, but I was charged on the 25th, so that doesn't make any sense.

I just gave up eventually. I flat-out told her that I didn't want to cancel my account, I just didn't want to be charged twice. "Okay, okay, okay, okay - don't worry about the $9.99 charge.".

Okay? I don't know. That sucked.

I did get AJ's theme music while I was on hold, though, which I thought was pretty funny. Wrestler theme songs as hold music... nice touch.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

I did get AJ's theme music while I was on hold, though, which I thought was pretty funny. Wrestler theme songs as hold music... nice touch.

They should have made Million Dollar Man's theme the hold music.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Phenix Rising posted:

Called support today and it was an awful, awful time. I'm not sure what the woman's first language was, but it definitely wasn't English and it made it very hard to figure anything out. She just kept starting every sentence with "Okay, okay, okay, okay" before trying to explain things.

Kind of want to hook her up with Luke Harper.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Kind of want to hook her up with Luke Harper.

This mental image is killing me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

I'd assume live when it's on the east coast and 'live' when it's on the west coast, or they just do later tapings? I assume that's how they do Raw when they're on the west coast.

That wouldn't work if they wanted to keep the show in the same timeslot every week though.

Raw is live regardless, so if they're in LA, Raw starts at 5 p.m. there. Smackdown doesn't do that because it's taped and if they started it at 5 p.m. there, they would have mostly empty arenas.

Once Mania is over, I'm guessing Main Event goes back to being taped on Wednesday at 8 or whatever, just on the Network instead of on Ion.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

That wouldn't work if they wanted to keep the show in the same timeslot every week though.

Raw is live regardless, so if they're in LA, Raw starts at 5 p.m. there. Smackdown doesn't do that because it's taped and if they started it at 5 p.m. there, they would have mostly empty arenas.

Once Mania is over, I'm guessing Main Event goes back to being taped on Wednesday at 8 or whatever, just on the Network instead of on Ion.

If that's the case I see no reason for them to establish it's timeslot going up to Mania as Tuesdays at 7, though they could certainly use some new content for Wednesdays, maybe form a Main Event/Superstars block.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

If that's the case I see no reason for them to establish it's timeslot going up to Mania as Tuesdays at 7, though they could certainly use some new content for Wednesdays, maybe form a Main Event/Superstars block.

I think their primary concern right now is getting more live stream testing before Mania without adding additional cost, so Main Event live on Tuesdays at 7 is the easiest way to do that right now since they can't air Raw or SD live on the network.

It's also going to air taped on ION until Mania in the usual Wednesday slot, so they can advertise on there that it's moving to the same time on the Network post-Mania.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RockShowLevel27 posted:

The raw where Vince buys WCW is up on tomorrow's schedule, but it plays now. It's unlisted. a few mins in, and EVERYONE brought signs to these shows. Christ.

I hope they don't fix this loophole, because I actually enjoyed watching stuff like the Smackdown post-show earlier in the day.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

njsykora posted:

They run Main Event before Smackdown, so it's probably the easiest show to do live. The only extra work involved now is setting up the streaming stuff, and they can tape Smackdown as usual for Friday.

It's pretty cool seeing WWE changing stuff like this on the fly. They know they can't have any issues with WM or they're hosed. As much as I dislike some of the current Creative direction, I do enjoy the network so I hope they work out all the kinks.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I thought I was going to be charged $60 for my 6 month commitment. It looks like I'm being charged 9.99 a month. Do I have to worry about a $60 charge hitting my account?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

I thought I was going to be charged $60 for my 6 month commitment. I staff it looks like I'm being charged 9.99 a month. Do I have to worry about a $60 charge hitting my account?

No, I think that's how it works- you get charged $9.99 a month, but it just automatically does so for 6 months.

I don't know if there's an early termination fee or if it keeps billing you if you cancel early or what.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Static Rook posted:

They run Main Event before Smackdown, so it's probably the easiest show to do live. The only extra work involved now is setting up the streaming stuff, and they can tape Smackdown as usual for Friday.

It's pretty cool seeing WWE changing stuff like this on the fly. They know they can't have any issues with WM or they're hosed. As much as I dislike some of the current Creative direction, I do enjoy the network so I hope they work out all the kinks.

The Raw pre-show was having all kinds of stuttering and quality drop issues yesterday so I'm not exactly optimistic for Mania going off perfectly.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
^^^^Yeah, they've got their work cut our for them. I am looking forward to the ME announcers calling the Bryan match though. At this point they're much better than the Raw crew. ^^^^^^^

Maxwell Lord posted:

No, I think that's how it works- you get charged $9.99 a month, but it just automatically does so for 6 months.

I don't know if there's an early termination fee or if it keeps billing you if you cancel early or what.

The way I understand it is, we're locked in for 6 months. So cancelling now just means you won't auto-renew for the next 6 month commitment.

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 4, 2014

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I have friends that drive like 150 miles round trip to watch PPVs at my house. I'm going to be pretty cheesed if I end up having to spend $60 on 'Mania to make sure we can watch it "normally".

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

kind of cool news about main event if you have the network, i like that show

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Maxwell Lord posted:

I thought that we had the option to be billed $60 all at once and not worry about the monthly billing.

If we're locked into 6 months, I'd personally rather pay it all off now than to keep seeing a charge.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The latest MSG show they have on there (the Hogan vs. Flair one) has an interesting main event of the Rockers vs. the Nasty Boys. It's worth checking out just because it's right before the Barbershop situation. Heenan plays it up on commentary and the ending is something that's actually brought up on the Barbershop, so you can see the mounting tension.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RockShowLevel27 posted:

The raw where Vince buys WCW is up on tomorrow's schedule, but it plays now. It's unlisted. a few mins in, and EVERYONE brought signs to these shows. Christ.

What about the Nitro? I heard the Raw wasn't very good outside of the Vince segments but the Nitro is a Night of Champions and has a really emotional kayfabe-breaking Flair promo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Luigi Thirty posted:

What about the Nitro? I heard the Raw wasn't very good outside of the Vince segments but the Nitro is a Night of Champions and has a really emotional kayfabe-breaking Flair promo.

There are zero Nitros on the network right now. Really looking forward to when they start getting added.

Ugh, AND THUNDER.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Astro7x posted:

I thought that we had the option to be billed $60 all at once and not worry about the monthly billing.

If we're locked into 6 months, I'd personally rather pay it all off now than to keep seeing a charge.

If you sign up for the network on an Apple TV, it's a full $60 six month subscription through iTunes.

Source: https://worldwrestling.custhelp.com...g/kw/apple%20tv

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Efexeye posted:

I have friends that drive like 150 miles round trip to watch PPVs at my house. I'm going to be pretty cheesed if I end up having to spend $60 on 'Mania to make sure we can watch it "normally".

Honestly, as much as it sucks if you're throwing a party your best bet is probably to take a collection and buy it on PPV. I just don't seem how WWE can run a proper stress test before WM and the Arrival problems have to scare people counting on WM. Maybe it will run clean and maybe it won't but without a PPV level event to test the Network on before then I don't see how you can be secure in it. And you probably won't know how it will go until during/after WM.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
It's a green service, it's going to have it's bumps and bruises. I believe with the proper testing and push, this run will succeed and draw big money.

Let's not bury it yet after a few show openers.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Hopefully they'll be able to make deals with cable companies, as Netflix did with the Super Connect deal. Then you'll never have to worry about the strain on the network because the bandwidth would not be a concern anymore.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Depending on what device you are using would you be able to connect to your internet with a wired connection? They may help a bit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Parlett316 posted:

It's a green service, it's going to have it's bumps and bruises. I believe with the proper testing and push, this run will succeed and draw big money.

Let's not bury it yet after a few show openers.

I wasn't burying it. Some early problems are understandable. I'm less bothered by the early hiccups than some of the seemingly misadvertised ideas like "uncensored shows". But a lot of that stuff can work itself out. I honestly wouldn't make any kind of strong judgement of a new technology service until six months or so down the line when they've had time to work out the bugs, adjust to demand, and to see if they're still interested in improving it.

But I do think if you're really counting on WM and have guests counting on it you have to be concerned. I don't think that's burying the Network, just being realistic about it and the problems it's had thus far.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

So if I'm going to be using my computer primarily, is it safe to sign up now or are there still going to be problems all over the place? I'd rather not spend the money yet if I'm going to have issues for another month.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
I used to order the PPVs and watch them live online from the web when I worked night shift. It would have a hiccup here or there but nothing crazy. I think the first one I ordered was the wrestlemania with HHH vs Cena.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is it just me or is there no WCW content on the xbox app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Parlett316 posted:

I used to order the PPVs and watch them live online from the web when I worked night shift. It would have a hiccup here or there but nothing crazy. I think the first one I ordered was the wrestlemania with HHH vs Cena.

I don't see how the situations compare. Besides the fact that there's obviously going to be a much higher demand of users for this WM on the Network than past ones online they're also using a completely different system and service.

The unfortunate reality of this situation seems to be that Wrestlemania is going to be a first flight for the Network dealing with that kind of demand.