Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Regarding rebellions, what happens if a faction leader is a count and his allies are dukes? Or if the rebellion consists of three kings? Will there be a new emperor ranked title for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Rebel leader's title is equal to the guy they are rebelling against, so it always covers any vassals of his.
E: I mean the special rebel title he gets when he revolts.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
EDIT ^^I'm almost afraid of the answer, but what DLC feature was it that sparked the quote in your title?

I'm most excited by the new tab for Friends and Rivals. Finally, while real me can't have friends, my simulated sociopath monarch CAN.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

EDIT ^^I'm almost afraid of the answer, but what DLC feature was it that sparked the quote in your title?

Probably Sunset Invasion. The amount of butthurt over non-historical DLC was amazing.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm most excited by the new tab for Friends and Rivals. Finally, while real me can't have friends, my simulated sociopath monarch CAN.

Does this mean we'll have a larger character panel? It can already get really packed with a lot of traits, and often the siblings part is unusable in a large family.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Darkrenown posted:

The Maldives are down by India ;)

Oh, I feel dumb. I had a brain fart and thought they were talking about the Canaries.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Has an exact release date been announced yet?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Darkrenown posted:

Rebel leader's title is equal to the guy they are rebelling against, so it always covers any vassals of his.
E: I mean the special rebel title he gets when he revolts.

Thanks, it's actually pretty logical :)

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Allyn posted:

Correct, and the elective succession faction can only be started with the lowest level of CA. So if you're already at medium, you can't lower it twice in one lifetime to make this possible. So... um... wait & hope that the wars end, I guess :(

Wait, it can only be started with the lowest CA level? Does that mean that the only way for someone to start an elective succession faction is if I'm at Autonomous Vassals? That really sucks. I'm tempted to just use the 'all-laws' cheat and force it through, especially since there's no good way of even knowing which vassals are fighting or when they've stopped for five minutes.

It is kind of dumb in general that all your vassals need to like you in order to give them something that will make them happy. "Sorry I won't approve something that makes me like you more unless I already like you in the first place :colbert:"

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Few things annoy me more than a rebellion breaking out to put some relative of mine on the throne, clicking on the claimant and seeing he\she is in my court! It really takes some gall to live in my castle, sit and my table and eat my food, all while having people fighting for you to usurp one of my titles! :argh: To top it off, I don't get cause to arrest the claimant! How does this make any sense?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

monster on a stick posted:

I'm tempted to just use the 'all-laws' cheat and force it through, especially since there's no good way of even knowing which vassals are fighting or when they've stopped for five minutes.

If you're going to use the console to change it, just type succ feudal_elective in the console.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Bishop Rodan posted:

A female, Lollard doge who has Jesus speaking to her. I have no idea how this happened.

The possessed trait frequently has characters change their religion to heresies and gives them the Jesus Gives Military Advice if its a Christian heresy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tibetan DLC hinted at?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

EasternBronze posted:

Few things annoy me more than a rebellion breaking out to put some relative of mine on the throne, clicking on the claimant and seeing he\she is in my court! It really takes some gall to live in my castle, sit and my table and eat my food, all while having people fighting for you to usurp one of my titles! :argh: To top it off, I don't get cause to arrest the claimant! How does this make any sense?
Because the claimant didn't do anything, that's why. They were just sitting around in your castle and eating your food, it's not their fault a bunch of assholes decided to put them on the throne and went to war with you over it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tibetan DLC hinted at?

Or for the more cynical, they didn't include Tibet for fear of making China mad.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SeaTard posted:

Or for the more cynical, they didn't include Tibet for fear of making China mad.

I really doubt it. The HoI series has been banned in China repeatedly and they get on just fine.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Veryslightlymad posted:

SeaTard posted:

Probably Sunset Invasion. The amount of butthurt over non-historical DLC was amazing.

Yup. The actual quoted post was probably someone trolling given how amazing it is, but no one was quite sure.

SeaTard posted:

Eh, I doubt China will get any madder than they already are over Tibet in EU or Warlords/Tibet in HoI.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

No mention of fixes to the decadence mechanic, although they did say there were more changes worth mentioning next week.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Because the claimant didn't do anything, that's why. They were just sitting around in your castle and eating your food, it's not their fault a bunch of assholes decided to put them on the throne and went to war with you over it.

It may not be their fault but if you fire off an intrigue plot to kill them, it should start at 1000% since presumably you or your spymaster can just push them off a flight of stairs into a pit of hungry crocogators and call it a day.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lots of shout outs to Wiz during this. Good to see they're using his cool ideas.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I started a game as Tuscany a few days ago. It's the first time I've played from the Stamford Bridge bookmark in a long time and if I thought dealing with the HRE was bad before, it's even worse when they have a vassal Pope. I did at least manage to break away and unify the Italian peninsula, but then the entire duchy of Lombardy passed through the HRE through inheritance somehow and I have no idea how to get it back. I guess I have to wait for internal strife to tear the realm apart and press a courtier's claim, but in about 150+ years the only civil wars the HRE have had have all been caused by me with only two total other participants. I also want to break their vassalage of the Papacy, would I have to press my own antipope to make that happen?

Speaking of stability, in addition to Arabia and the Levant, the Fatimids hold all of Persia, Anatolia, Tunsia, and parts of Greece. They had a decadence revolt, but all that did was put a different dynasty in charge. I hope that the reworked decadence makes Muslim realms shatter when they have decadence revolts because at this point I don't think even the Ilkhanate stands a chance against them. On the bright side, I saw Castille drive the Muslims out of Iberia and form Hispania, only to completely fall apart and lose half the peninsula to Islam again within a decade.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Just noticed the coast of West Africa has been cut off.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
Seeing that they said friends and rivals are "a very underused concept in the game" I wonder if they'll add in something to make it more interesting like if two rulers are friends, they are allied?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

SeaTard posted:

Which is a shame, because I think it would be fun to get a few more small crazy/fantastic DLC. :smith:

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Spiderfist Island posted:

Seeing that they said friends and rivals are "a very underused concept in the game" I wonder if they'll add in something to make it more interesting like if two rulers are friends, they are allied?

I think friends should at least be of a similar rank to you - seems weird having a special event for some schlub with no title.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Fintilgin posted:

Which is a shame, because I think it would be fun to get a few more small crazy/fantastic DLC. :smith:

If Paradox stopped doing things because they pissed off racist/nationalistic/bigoted Paradox forums posters, they wouldn't make any more games ever.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hmm, no mention of anything about Indian theocracies ruled by the Brahmins, though they did say that if you were a Kshatriya and had temple holdings there would be major penalties I think? But that's just standard noble vs. temple stuff.

JGBeagle posted:

Just noticed the coast of West Africa has been cut off.

To be fair, even when it existed there were no ports there in both vanilla and CK2+, dunno about HIP.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

chippocrates posted:

I think friends should at least be of a similar rank to you - seems weird having a special event for some schlub with no title.

It's especially great when you are fighting off Abbasid or Mongol doomstacks and you get the "I can call my friend for help!" popup when he's a baron in Scotland or something.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

monster on a stick posted:

It's especially great when you are fighting off Abbasid or Mongol doomstacks and you get the "I can call my friend for help!" popup when he's a baron in Scotland or something.
My Emperor of half of Europe made friends with a bishop (with no higher titles whatsoever) he met on pilgrimmage. Later on the bishop offered to help me out with my wars -- I was conquering Norway and Sweden at the time, just for funsies.

I didn't have the heart to tell him no.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Fintilgin posted:

Heh. People would have paid for that Zombie April fool's joke. Instead it ended up a mod. Better or worse is hard to say.

I'd like to see something of the Inca with Guns.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Bloodly posted:

Heh. People would have paid for that Zombie April fool's joke. Instead it ended up a mod. Better or worse is hard to say.

I'd like to see something of the Inca with Guns.

Should be entirely possible with the changes they made to Horse Archers being a moddable 'Special Unit' dependent on culture. They explicitly mentioned modders could make it into gunmen (or wizards!)

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Fintilgin posted:

Zulu invasion from the south, polar bear invasion from the north and skeleton invasion from the middle of Poland (Gates of Hell opens, but this time something is coming out).

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Should be entirely possible with the changes they made to Horse Archers being a moddable 'Special Unit' dependent on culture. They explicitly mentioned modders could make it into gunmen (or wizards!)

See, if I made friends with a wizard on Pilgrimage and he offered to help out in a war, I'd take him up on it.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Can't help but notice Iceland looking kinda squished in the corner there.

telcontar
Dec 8, 2006

Geokinesis posted:

No mention of fixes to the decadence mechanic, although they did say there were more changes worth mentioning next week.
It was mentioned in the stream. Decadence is going to be a trait that characters have a chance of acquiring if they're unlanded and/or have bad traits. Only characters with the decadent trait will actually contribute decadence to your dynasty now, and your character can convince them to mend their decadent ways.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

telcontar posted:

It was mentioned in the stream. Decadence is going to be a trait that characters have a chance of acquiring if they're unlanded and/or have bad traits. Only characters with the decadent trait will actually contribute decadence to your dynasty now, and your character can convince them to mend their decadent ways.
Still not thrilled that members of your dynasty who are, like, seven generations and six siblings removed from you can still affect you, though. Trusting the AI not to gently caress something up is a fool's game, so you're still disincentivized to spread your dynasty as far as possible in a game that literally scores you based on how well you spread your dynasty as far as possible.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Glad to see they're going to make the Eastern bodies of water navigable. That's going to make it a lot easier shuttling troops around the Muslim parts of the map.

Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.

CapnAndy posted:

Still not thrilled that members of your dynasty who are, like, seven generations and six siblings removed from you can still affect you, though. Trusting the AI not to gently caress something up is a fool's game, so you're still disincentivized to spread your dynasty as far as possible in a game that literally scores you based on how well you spread your dynasty as far as possible.

At least you'll be able to get rid of all of their decadence now

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Node posted:

The possessed trait frequently has characters change their religion to heresies and gives them the Jesus Gives Military Advice if its a Christian heresy.

Yeah, I knew that, but the thing I found weird is that Sicily somehow became a republic (it was a kingdom before) with a female Doge, since republics are locked into agnatic seniority.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bishop Rodan posted:

Yeah, I knew that, but the thing I found weird is that Sicily somehow became a republic (it was a kingdom before) with a female Doge, since republics are locked into agnatic seniority.

Someone probably pressed a claim, shifting the capital to a coastal city, which automatically becomes a republic for duke+ titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

SeaTard posted:

Someone probably pressed a claim, shifting the capital to a coastal city, which automatically becomes a republic for duke+ titles.

But for that to work, the woman would have to be a mayor in the first place, and I don't think that can happen. City titles aren't passed to an heir, a new character is generated at the (prince-)mayor's death, and AFAIK, the game only generates male mayors. Can republics even change crown laws?

• Locked thread