Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

I was just thinking of that very portmanteau after I made that post and wondering if I should edit it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Slavvy posted:

I love how everyone who says anything sensible is drowned out by a chorus of inarticulate NUH-UH!!

Story of my life on r/motorcycles and why I've stopped trying to give the poor noobs advice.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Z3n, why are you touching that poop.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Z3n, why are you touching that poop.

It is too close to me not to touch.

It is me, i am the poop :(
Edit:

quote:

[countersteering is] enough to move your front wheel right by a foot or two before the bike starts turning left.

Jesus christ.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 1, 2014

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I don't even...what? Can someone draw me a picture of what he imagines happens when you counter steer?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maybe he has some gigantic raked-out chopper that requires exaggerated steering motions? or he's just a moron

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
He tied the mask's mask to his headlight creating some kind of unholy green jigglebone sentient chopper? AAERROOOOGGGGAAAA!!!! *front tire unfurls onto the tarmac, headlight pops two feet out of the assembly*

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Every time I look through the K&L catalog I see EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of poo poo I absolutely have to have. But I don't have eight thousand dollars.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

wesley snypes posted:

Nothing new going on here, but I'm trying to sell my bike and I've counted:

-two people asking for my best price
-one trade for a gmc jimmy, another for a chevy s10 with cut springs
-one guy who texted me two minutes before he was supposed to come have a look at it, saying that he had "literally just bought one from the dealer, lol".

holy christ just put a bullet in me already

Goddamn if dealing with idiots on craigslist doesn't give me an aneurysm everytime I post something. When selling my bike I was offered everything from a parrot, a wrecked Chevy Cavalier, crappy electronics, to every half-assed "do u still have it" inquiry I wasted time replying to.

It's so easy to filter out the people who have any real interest in buying your stuff.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Hey, that's not a bad idea; I should try that. Except that I'll end up with the one Craigslist guy who'll say "Oh, all right then; that sounds like fun! I'll take the parrot!"

And then I'll have to go out and get a loving parrot.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
It's just :psyduck:

What kind of loving idiot buys a creature that'll probably outlive their grandchildren, and is probably more intelligent than they are, only to decide they don't like the mess and responsibility and want to offload the burden onto another fuckwit for the next shiny toy.

Un-be-loving-lievable.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 381 days!
On the other side of things, I'm trying to get hold of this one seller so I can go have a look at his bike and he just refuses to get in contact. Email, phone, either they're all wrong or he's just ignoring everything. Jesus, maybe I should just keep my 250r for yet another year to save me the hassle

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

When trying to sell my motorcycle jacket that didn't fit anymore, I wrote up a funny description because I've found they get more responses/better buyers. In my copy, I stated I was open for interesting trades in taxidermy, high-proof booze, ammunition, bullwhips, etc.

I had a guy text me and offer 7 boxes of 7mm Mag, unfortunately one of the few calibers I don't have a use for. We ended up haggling for several hours and finally settling on cash + 50 rounds of loose .40S&W. He tried to get me to drive closer to him, but told him I was already interrupting date night to trade ammo in a parking lot. He thought that was great and told me how his SO would murder him for that too.

We finally met up (with my apprehensive but understanding girlfriend in the car) but sadly, his gut was too big for the jacket. Overall the weirdest and coolest exchange I've ever endured on CL.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Craigslist is great for getting straight-arrow middle-class citizens into the weirdest, totally benign but super sketchy-looking parking lot transactions

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I took a picture of this but my phone doesn't seem to want to work with imgur today.

Front page headline on the only relevant national newspaper in NZ:

MOTORBIKE WARNING
With a picture of a totalled naked bike of some kind and beside it two bullet points saying:

* Speed behind string of biker deaths, say police
* 'Twit' motorists and 'born-again' riders help cause high crash rates, expert claims

The 'string' of biker deaths was half a dozen people in the past couple of months. I'm absolutely certain this will be fanned to hysterical proportions and the government will be forced to Do Something and it will be bad for me. gently caress this place, give me a citizenship so I can leave you cunts.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I went looking for some statistics on accidents for Sweden and NZ (I'm strange like that), and noticed that the Swedish Road Administration in their latest report on motorcycle accidents have a list of all models involved in accidents, sorted by standard/custom/toring/sporttouring/supersport and scooter. In the supersport column we find crotch rockets like a Yamaha TZR 125 and a RGV 125.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Clueless bureaucrats juking stats?? Well I never!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I move to Virginia, and it immediately starts snowing/icing as I unload my DRZ from the truck. I moved south to avoid this :argh:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Deeters posted:

I move to Virginia, and it immediately starts snowing/icing as I unload my DRZ from the truck. I moved south to avoid this :argh:

At least you can start yours up--I was excited about riding to work today and trying out my new replay1080 cam, but the fates had other plans. It was negative three out last night and this morning was just too drat cold for my bike to turn over. I couldn't even squeeze my clutch, it was so cold.

Needless to say, I recorded what probably amounts to the saddest ride footage ever :(

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
The one where your old bike used to do 240km on a tank of gas, new one does 200, your fuel valve is on spare, and you run out of gas running up a steep hill, 5km from a gas station. Makes me wanna scream a bit. Fortunately a friend was able to bring me a bit of fuel to get my rear end to the gas station.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
It's March. It should be averaging 40 with clear roads. I shouldn't have needed to park it until mid-late December but ended up barely making it to December 1. I quit smoking and I'm needing an outlet. I should have had a couple of days of salt free, and snow free roads by now.

gently caress this winter so much. Gooooo awayyyyyyyyyyy.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm right here with you. The only thing that prevents me from taking a day off every time the temperature dips above freezing is the knowledge that by the time it's warm enough, traffic will be lovely.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I agree with this sentiment

M42 posted:

Gettin' real tired of your poo poo, winter.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

I'm just hoping all the man-sized potholes will be filled in by April here in Pennsylvanistan.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I could go riding today but it's like only 55 degrees and I'd have to put on my heated vest or be a bit cold and that just sounds like a lot of work.

Also my aerostitch is still a bit wet from riding home from gokarting int he rain last night so uh yeah.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

It's 70 and sunny. I'm not going riding because there was a draft in the shade in my backyard and decided instead to stay inside and make barbecue baked chicken breasts.

I'll probably leave at some point if I continue to witness sun and no wisps of clouds but with this SoCal weather you just never know, you know??

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Armchair Calvinist posted:

It's 70 and sunny. I'm not going riding because there was a draft in the shade in my backyard and decided instead to stay inside and make barbecue baked chicken breasts.

I'll probably leave at some point if I continue to witness sun and no wisps of clouds but with this SoCal weather you just never know, you know??

Better safe than sorry, you know, buddy? Wouldn't want to go out and be distracted by the potential of rain.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I had a 1 hour ride to Gatwick this morning for some work related training, it was 1 degrees C. At least it was clear! Actually it made me very thankful I spent all that money over the years on garishly coloured technical mid and base layers. Free climbing up the north face of the Eiger? No, just going to work.
That plus my linings and 3 fingered mitts and a balaclava and I was actually pretty comfortable!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I haven't been on the bike since November. I put on my helmet and gloves just to feel like a real human and my fiancee looked at me like I had just tried to introduce her to my best friend the three-foot talking spider with lamps for legs.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Phy posted:

I haven't been on the bike since November. I put on my helmet and gloves just to feel like a real human and my fiancee looked at me like I had just tried to introduce her to my best friend the three-foot talking spider with lamps for legs.

There's a new Cyriak video out?!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
At this point I'm very seriously contemplating moving... California, Mexico, Texas, Brazil, Vietnam, I don't care anymore! Anywhere I can find a job with beaches and year long riding weather, I'm packing my bags.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Z3n posted:

I could go riding today but it's like only 55 degrees and I'd have to put on my heated vest or be a bit cold and that just sounds like a lot of work.

Also my aerostitch is still a bit wet from riding home from gokarting int he rain last night so uh yeah.

12c???? WHAT A LOSER :rolleyes:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I didn't ride today because it looked like it might be going to rain. It's okay though, I'll just ride some other time, like whenever I feel like it.

e: z3n I was over in the east bay today and it wasn't cold at all. I live in the west side of the city and it's foggy and misty all the time, you have no excuse

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

OSU_Matthew posted:

At this point I'm very seriously contemplating moving... California, Mexico, Texas, Brazil, Vietnam, I don't care anymore! Anywhere I can find a job with beaches and year long riding weather, I'm packing my bags.

I'm gonna keep pulling gas out the ground till the shoreline's at Revelstoke.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Check your eternal spring privilege

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Yeah, it's pretty crap riding weather. Clear skies and like 28 degrees celcius for the last 2 weeks months, bit humid though. Might leave the cool weather liner out for a bit.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

M42 posted:

Check your eternal spring privilege

Yup, still there.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

^^^Where are you finding Supercorsas in our skinny front tire size? Seems like the only 110 tires I can find are in the UK.

Between the rain last week and being in the horrid Inland Empire for work this week it's been like, I don't know, 6 days since I've ridden. I am getting cranky. Really cranky.

Bugdrvr fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 5, 2014

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bugdrvr posted:

^^^Where are you finding Supercorsas in our skinny front tire size? Seems like the only 110 tires I can find are in the UK.

Between the rain last week and being in the horrid Inland Empire for work this week it's been like, I don't know, 6 days since I've ridden. I am getting cranky. Really cranky.

Ebay - but they're rare. I'm doing a swap to avoid that poo poo on the CB1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Yeah, saw a few on there. Guess I may as well order one.

I'm doing that wheel swap so I can have a pair of radials in late 90's tire sizes which in itself is kind of dumb seeing as it's already starting to be a pain to find those tires. Oh well, guess it will be good for another year or two until every decent tire in a 110 is NLA.
Sigh, I swear this is my last project bike (or at least trying to make an old bike act/handle/ride like it's not a piece of poo poo). Too much effort and you still end up with a bike that is still old and lovely. I curse my friend who threatened to send the FZR to the junk yard if I didn't buy it (only half way, aside from lack of tire choices it's been a fun project).

Hey look, I added a rant of my own.

EDIT: Here, have a pic of the FZR of woe

Bugdrvr fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 5, 2014