Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

IDW Whirl wouldn't look out of place as a movieverse toy actually, he kinda reminds me of Blazemaster.

There's already a Blazemaster in Generations though. :colbert:

However I wonder if a Leader class Whirl would not be out of the question? Barring that a Legends Whirl could replicate his MTMTE form perfectly. On a smaller scale the smaller limbs would work perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I think Skywarp is my favorite of the FoC seekers. His paint job is just phenomenal. And I found out tonight that you can take off their tail fin and mount their double gun there!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

I think Skywarp is my favorite of the FoC seekers. His paint job is just phenomenal. And I found out tonight that you can take off their tail fin and mount their double gun there!

I still can't believe I sprang for the Takara version before Hasbro announced. Even on the "spending money on plastic robot toys" scale, that was a horrible waste on money. :(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I still can't believe I sprang for the Takara version before Hasbro announced. Even on the "spending money on plastic robot toys" scale, that was a horrible waste on money. :(

I got Senatura Ratbat about that time, if TT Skywarp wasn't sold out at that time I'd be in the same boat.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I had no idea you could pull the tailfin out, thanks for pointing that out!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

strangehamster posted:

Senatura Ratbat

I really want this to be his official title now. Cybertronian really is a beautiful language. "Senatura empurata".

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like the HUB channel is showing the original Transformers cartoon at 5:30am, they are not that far into the series too, maybe 6 episodes or so in. Not a bad way to start my day, a bowl of cereal and cartoons before I have to head off to work.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Rythe posted:

Looks like the HUB channel is showing the original Transformers cartoon at 5:30am, they are not that far into the series too, maybe 6 episodes or so in. Not a bad way to start my day, a bowl of cereal and cartoons before I have to head off to work.
I did this with G1 since it's on Netflix. It went from a fun trip down memory lane to background noise to a test of endurance just to get through it. After the movie, that show gets downright dire. Still, its aged better than a lot of toy commercial cartoons of its era.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SRM posted:

I did this with G1 since it's on Netflix. It went from a fun trip down memory lane to background noise to a test of endurance just to get through it. After the movie, that show gets downright dire. Still, its aged better than a lot of toy commercial cartoons of its era.

Aww man, The Burden Hardest to Bear must have been one bittersweet respite from the shittiness of most of S3, huh :smith:

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Until netflix I had no idea that I had missed so many episodes as a kid.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Rythe posted:

For a while when the Hub first started it was on at midnight followed by the original GI Joe cartoon at 12:30. It was fun watching that during my newborn son's night (bottle) feeding.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

It is kind of fun to go back and watch all the old cartoons I though where amazing as a kid, now I catch so many errors in the editing and animation. Stuff like wrong voices for characters, some scenes having 3 Thundercrackers in it, I need to go back to being a kid where I don't notice that stuff any more.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Preview for the next RiD is out and it features a pre-Light departure flashback with some interesting implications:

Due to a *thing* in his lab with Nova's corpse, Brainstorm might just be a soulless undead dude who's now using the briefcase as a life support system or something to keep him going..!

Certainly, it would go some way to explaining why the Sparkeater ignored him aaaaaaages ago.

Roberts got wheels within wheels poo poo going on, maaaan.

There's also a nice big splash page with shitloads of hot new toy action too.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Preview for the next RiD is out and it features a pre-Light departure flashback with some interesting implications:

Due to a *thing* in his lab with Nova's corpse, Brainstorm might just be a soulless undead dude who's now using the briefcase as a life support system or something to keep him going..!

Certainly, it would go some way to explaining why the Sparkeater ignored him aaaaaaages ago.

Roberts got wheels within wheels poo poo going on, maaaan.

There's also a nice big splash page with shitloads of hot new toy action too.

Didn't he tell Swerve that the briefcase was opened when he didn't have it? I think he also had the briefcase before or very shortly after the events of Wreckers.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Rythe posted:

It is kind of fun to go back and watch all the old cartoons I though where amazing as a kid, now I catch so many errors in the editing and animation. Stuff like wrong voices for characters, some scenes having 3 Thundercrackers in it, I need to go back to being a kid where I don't notice that stuff any more.

My favorite G1 episodes are "Masquerade" and "Aerial Assault" and even way back then I knew something wrong with Ratchet's voice, and the blinking in and out of Slingshot's Rolls-Royce grill chest irked me.

Of course the purple griffin I had no problem with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm going to open my Masterpiece Soundwave tonight!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

DO IT.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rhyno posted:

Have fun! And be verrrry careful with raising Laserbeak's tailfins, some have had a nasty time with those little things.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also Soundwave's finger. Keep your eyes on that thing.

vvv it has a mind of its own! :pervert: vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 5, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

Also Soundwave's finger. Keep your eyes on that thing.

Where did it go?! :stonk:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Where did it go?! :stonk:

:ssh:It's behind you

e: Enjoy it, Rhyno. I've had MP Grimlock for a while but it was Soundwave that prompted me to start buyin' Datsuns and Lambos and Lancias oh my. He's fuckin' good.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Soundwave is great. I never had any problem with it other than it being kinda scary to unsnap his legs when transforming him back to robot.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Waspinator thought his day couldn't get any shittier.

...he was wrong.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I know my day gets shittier when I'm reminded of G2. :smug:

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
Le teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGpDoyJvmI

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Di... did Prime just pimp-slap Grimlock?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

That trailer actually looks kinda cool.

"Hey. Hey Optimus. How ya doin'? So you're a truck, huh? That's cool. I like your flames, those are some nice flames. Okay, say hi to ya mother for me, all right?"

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gaz-L posted:

Di... did Prime just pimp-slap Grimlock?

That was one face Optimus did not wish to be given.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Keldroc posted:

That was one face Optimus did not wish to be given.

A face that is a gun and a face that can bite his off. This is the most harrowing adventure for this Optimus Prime yet.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Found myself at a TRU tonight and boy they had a ton of those giant expensive Starscreams! Also 1 bling-Optimus. Sadly, no Skids or cool legends guys yet.

Gammatron- did you find Waspinator in stores or online?

Re: TF4 teaser, the bar has been lowered so immensely that I almost found myself wanting more of that. Now that I'm thinking about it what I'd really like is for Optimus to just start ripping human faces off. And bam, this just turned into a prequel for Face-off. This is how we get Nick Cage in TF5!

edit:
here's the go-to secret santa present for this year:

TheDK fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 5, 2014

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

That is surprisingly not terrible looking.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

Found myself at a TRU tonight and boy they had a ton of those giant expensive Starscreams! Also 1 bling-Optimus. Sadly, no Skids or cool legends guys yet.

Gammatron- did you find Waspinator in stores or online?

Re: TF4 teaser, the bar has been lowered so immensely that I almost found myself wanting more of that. Now that I'm thinking about it what I'd really like is for Optimus to just start ripping human faces off. And bam, this just turned into a prequel for Face-off. This is how we get Nick Cage in TF5!

I found that Waspinator in a Target near Oak Hallow mall in High Point a while back. I managed to get all of that wave except for Skids eventually, who I never saw in stores. The new wave is out, I managed to find the mini-con team, but that's it. I might just buy them off BBTS an have an extra mini-con team, because there's a bunch of them in the comics.

Yeah, my expectations are so low I'm almost excited for TF4. I might actually pay to see it in the theater.

From the trailer, it looks like Marky Mark finds Optimus, fixes him up, the feds go after him and they're making their own transformers and are like "we don't need the Autobots anymore" and are up to no good, but then the Decepticons show up and Optimus is all like "ha ha you need us, I told you so suckas, but first we need Dinozord power, NOW!" and then Optimus takes over the world and makes mankind his slaves.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
^ Target and TRU both have tons of the mini-con wave (Raleigh/Cary area if you plan on visiting anytime soon). I picked up all but Starscream. I love the mini-con combined weapon super-soaker.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Where the gently caress do I find this Bumblebee piggy bank that's been circulating around the internet? Walmart?

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
That um, looked kind of cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don't know if I want the Minicon team or not. It might be cool for my desk at work. 3 little guys, 3 vehicles, 1 big guy. Hmm.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rei_ posted:

Where the gently caress do I find this Bumblebee piggy bank that's been circulating around the internet? Walmart?

Yeah I saw one there today, next to the Raphael ninja turtle one.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The two headed dragon thing, are they bringing in Predacons or is that a terrible terrible Swoop?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's swoop and the toy actually looks rad. Most of the deluxe dinobots do, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That transformer trailer looked not terrible. I'm only wary because of how Michael Bay does army guys and Government Agent guys.

A few of the non-battle/car shots actually look well composed compared to the last three movies were everything was just awful unless you were watching poo poo getting blown up.