Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knew someone named Latina Wood. She was a black girl, not a Hispanic woman with a penis as the name might imply. :flaccid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

There was a kid in our school named Kai Kraft, which translates to No Strength. Kai both being a regular first name and sounding just like the short version of none, kei.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Imperialist Dog posted:

My younger son's name is also Alexander, although his older brother Andrew's hair has the better resemblance. Oh well.

Alexander was explicitly picked because it was on both my wife and I's "list of possible boy names" list, and she wanted to name him after, I kid you not, a conqueror of lands and women.

You don't live in Massachusetts, do you?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Someone I know has just given their son the middle name Rookie. Poor kid is going to have such an inferiority complex.

And about 3 years ago, they named their oldest son Paol, and gave him a middle name beginning with O so that his initials are PAOL. Which is a perfectly respectable name. Except they pronounce it pay-ol, which in an Australian accent, sounds like 'pale'. Apparently they didn't realise it was a real name.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

"And this is my husband, Bearnaise Sauce."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I was watching the Dallas Stars game earlier, and apparently one of their ice girls is named Kaime.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I caught a clip of a skiing event earlier today where I could've sworn one of the skiers was named Gaylord Streitman, but you think I can find proof of his existence on Google?

Arex
Oct 15, 2012

SO GOOD
Aunt named her son Alaric, not the worst name but it sounds something you'd call a D&D character.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I visited my mother over the weekend and met one of her friends, who was looking after her 10 year old grand-daughter, who I also met.

The girls name was Deajah-Mai. Pronounced like Deja-vu but with "May" instead of the "vu" part.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

princecoo posted:

I visited my mother over the weekend and met one of her friends, who was looking after her 10 year old grand-daughter, who I also met.

The girls name was Deajah-Mai. Pronounced like Deja-vu but with "May" instead of the "vu" part.

That comes out sound like a weird portmanteau of "already" and "never."

edit: in french I mean.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Was processing a customer's application last week and the name was Burned Wobbles.

Although I think my all time favourite was a guy I used to work with years ago called Dikshit Dikshit, any time a customer would call who had spoken to him and asked who they last spoke to it was always a case of assuring them I wasn't joking.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I spoke to a lady today called Dimple Pojara. :3:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Arex posted:

Aunt named her son Alaric, not the worst name but it sounds something you'd call a D&D character.
Sorry but that name owns.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Owns...

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
That guy has clearly embraced his name. How else could you play it for yearbook photos with a name like that? That guy knows what's up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The best part is how the portions of the other photos we see suggest everyone else is wearing nice suits. This guy has figured his life out already.

Ninja Edit: Also, I've seen a lot of women named "Dejah". It doesn't make it a dumb name, just a common one.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Somebody mentioned Melchior. Melchior is one of the names traditionally assigned to the Three Wise Men, along with Gaspar and Balthasar.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Khazar-khum posted:

Somebody mentioned Melchior.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but Melchior was also the name of a rapist in Frank Wedekind's Spring Awakening (which spawned the Broadway musical of the same name).

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

princecoo posted:

That guy has clearly embraced his name. How else could you play it for yearbook photos with a name like that? That guy knows what's up.

Yeah I mean when you're parents have given you a name that is slang for heroin what the hell else are you going to do?

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You don't live in Massachusetts, do you?

Hong Kong. Hah, do I sound like an acquaintance of yours?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

So I'm the only one who went to a school that put fake names and pictures in the yearbook then?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was actually on the Yearbook team in my high school because it was offered as a graphic design class. One of the idiots on the English class side forgot to put down a person's name and submitted their page unfinished.

To this day there are still hundreds of yearbooks out there from my senior year that have a student with the name ???, ??? in it. :ughh:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CJacobs posted:

I was actually on the Yearbook team in my high school because it was offered as a graphic design class. One of the idiots on the English class side forgot to put down a person's name and submitted their page unfinished.

To this day there are still hundreds of yearbooks out there from my senior year that have a student with the name ???, ??? in it. :ughh:

A literal case of "Your name is what now?"

You reminded me, when I was a sophomore in high school, the people in charge of the underclass section of the yearbook got to a point where one of the page designs didn't work because there were too many students on it. So instead of reworking the page design they decided, "Just get rid of this kid, no one will notice."

She noticed :smith: Those yearbooks weren't cheap either

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Imperialist Dog posted:

Hong Kong. Hah, do I sound like an acquaintance of yours?

Two guys in my department at work are Alex and his older brother Andrew, and they look different enough (different hair color, too) that one of them must look more like his dad than the other.

That would have been a little spooky.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Mar 3, 2014

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
That is absolutely a college fraternity composite photo, which have a very long tradition of doing goofy poo poo like that.

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

Another few from my work:

Tam Gaylard
Miss Wolf B. Ryan
Mr Terrence H. Nippers
Master Courtney Beveridge
Max Cashbank

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

stubblyhead posted:

That is absolutely a college fraternity composite photo, which have a very long tradition of doing goofy poo poo like that.

The guy in the middle needs a haircut.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

TASTE THE MEAT NOT THE HEAT
Roosevelt Nixon

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roosevelt-nixon/38/216/b38

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

That's gotta be a joke. Isn't China Cat Sunflower the name of a Grateful Dead song?

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

FrumpleOrz posted:

That's gotta be a joke. Isn't China Cat Sunflower the name of a Grateful Dead song?

It is.

Dubh
Jan 16, 2009
Not a stupid name, but the yearbook discussion reminded me. My brother's middle name is Martin. His handwriting was bad that day or he didn't cross his T... They put in Merlin instead.

Didn't help that he also is a well-trained magician. Now all these people think he's really living up to his name.

When I was in charge of the senior section, I got a printout from the office. Mostly because I knew a lot of them hated their full names and I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I work with a guy named Steven.

Not unusual at all. He prefers Stevie. Again, not unusual.

His surname is Revie (pronounced Ree-vay).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hosted a table for the Paulfranklin family tonight. I thought someone with sloppy handwriting had written down their reservation wrong but nope it turns out they just have a weird drat last name.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You've made a fool of me for the last time Say Nothing. I will have my revenge.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

paragon1 posted:

You've made a fool of me for the last time Say Nothing. I will have my revenge.

witty cello
Nov 13, 2013
Unfortunate names of people I've come across:

Perry Winkle
Mason Dixon

Grew up with a girl whose name was Raini, which was ok, until she married a guy whose last name is Day. Yes, her name is now Raini Day.

A friend of my parents was named Harry Beavers. Yep. He went by it, too. I think he was their Sunday School teacher.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Didn't the second guy there fight Rocky?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my cousin's name is April May :surname:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I have a cousin called Tootie, after the character in Meet Me in St Louis. She goes by her middle name.