Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

I don't see how the situations compare. Besides the fact that there's obviously going to be a much higher demand of users for this WM on the Network than past ones online they're also using a completely different system and service.

Not to mention they couldn't even stream Wrestlemania last year without issues, it crashed for tons of people (including myself).

So it's a completely new service, which could be good or bad, we will see how it shakes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
All I'm saying is it's a new service, it's going to have a rough time like all other online services we have seen. My posts weren't directed specifically at you but all the people jumping off the service during a free week trial. Does anyone remember how Steam went?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sk posted:

So if I'm going to be using my computer primarily, is it safe to sign up now or are there still going to be problems all over the place? I'd rather not spend the money yet if I'm going to have issues for another month.

The vast bulk of issues are now sorted, VOD all works but we're just a little pessimistic about big live events working.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
People need to see the segment in episode 14 of the Raw Replays where a schoolgirl reads her winning essay aloud. It's called No Hope with Dope and features one hell of a pay-off.

It also replaces Rob Bartlett with Heenan, who is great throughout.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Parlett316 posted:

All I'm saying is it's a new service, it's going to have a rough time like all other online services we have seen. My posts weren't directed specifically at you but all the people jumping off the service during a free week trial. Does anyone remember how Steam went?

And I think you're being offer defensive of the Network. When I suggest to someone worried about a WM party that he should consider just buying the show seperate that's because there are reasonable concerns about how stable the WM stream will go. That doesn't mean the overall Network is bad nor that future streams won't be better, just that for his immediate concerns the Network has a decent chance of ruining his party.

And the people cancelling simply don't want to pay for a faulty service. If the Network works out its issues in the next month than they're able to subscribe then. The six months they pay for then will probably be a better, less bug free six months than if they stayed on after the trial week. And it seems totally unreasonable to judge people for not wanting to pay if they're not getting the full service.

Sure, these sorts of things have problems and a lot of the time they get worked. Then again sometimes they don't. But either way no one has a responsibility to pay for the early, faulty service if they're willing to wait a little while to see how it goes. And even if all the VOD and app issues get sorted out the issue of the live WM stream is probably going to be a reasonable concern all the way through the event.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
OK so testing both the ethernet line that goes to my Apple TV and the one that goes to my Xbox 360 - both get around 110 Mbps from speedtest.net. But for some reason, the Apple TV stream is perfect - no blur, no skipping, or chopping.
The Xbox 360, however, is choppy every 10 seconds or so. Like it tries to correct itself and the video catches up with the audio.

Don't know why this is happening - it's a brand new Xbox 360 and it has a brand new ethernet cable. Plus Netflix and Amazon Instant Video works flawlessly on it. So weird.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Why did they cut JR talking about having his arm broken by Triple H on the previous RAW, on the networks cut of the first episode of Smackdown?

It's in the opening segment and Triple H's entrance just randomly cuts when he gets to the apron and suddenly he's in the ring. I youtubed it and literally the only thing that is said is JR talking about having his arm broke by HHH

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I ended up canceling the Network because the guy I was going half and half on the payments said he might not be able to make the payments. He came back yesterday and said it'd be fine so I went to go ahead and re-apply today and it gave me another 7-Day free trial. :psyduck:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sk posted:

So if I'm going to be using my computer primarily, is it safe to sign up now or are there still going to be problems all over the place? I'd rather not spend the money yet if I'm going to have issues for another month.

PCs have easily been the best platform to use so far. I've had pretty much no problems when using it. Even the Arrival stream on my PC skipped for 5 seconds and came back up perfectly right away.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

DudeDeuce posted:

OK so testing both the ethernet line that goes to my Apple TV and the one that goes to my Xbox 360 -

The Xbox 360, however, is choppy every 10 seconds or so. Like it tries to correct itself and the video catches up with the audio.

Don't know why this is happening - it's a brand new Xbox 360 and it has a brand new ethernet cable. Plus Netflix and Amazon Instant Video works flawlessly on it. So weird.

It's probably not the 360, but the actual app. They just got it working and from what I've read here it's missing a ton of content. It's probably gonna be awhile before the 360 version of the app catches up to the others.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Watching Savage/Steamboat, and it's still really good so many years later. And it's funny in hindsight that Vince :argh:'d Steamboat out of the title picture a few months later due to having a child on the way. Also, for daring to try and be the best match on the card, in which... wasn't that match mostly Savage's work?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The 360 app isn't missing ALL WCW content- because the WWE put on a few "Great American Bash" PPVs, it's on the list, and you can select the WCW-era ones from the by-year list.

Which hopefully means that it should be easy for them to create links to everything else, maybe without a formal update.

It is a bit rocky, though, have had it freeze once.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Chrome hasn't worked for me, IE, has been hit or miss but iphone airplay has been flawless.

Phone internet truly is greater than regular internet.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I know they thought it would be great promotion, but having Wrestlemania be the first PPV on the network was really a dumb idea.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's the status on the PS3 app? I've had no luck with it so far (Aussie here, going through a US PSN account but no VPN) but that could simply be my not wanting to mess with VPNs. I get fatal errors when trying to watch anything - I wish they would just say "you're not from the US, go away".

PC/Firefox with a plugin works fine for the live stream, attempting to watch some VODs has lead to nothing happening though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Grey posted:

I know they thought it would be great promotion, but having Wrestlemania be the first PPV on the network was really a dumb idea.

Yeah, they should have "opened" with Elimination Chamber or Royal Rumble and just done a bigger pressure a "grand opening" at Wrestlemania once all the bugs were worked out.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I seriously opened my laptop to type my Xbox App is working perfectly and BOOM...it started buffering :(

I think it is my poo poo internet though

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
The WWE Network should have some sort of symbol or tag or something to say "Warning this PPV contains Jeff Jarrett watch at your own risk" The guy was seriously like the 90's version of The Miz, and he pops up on everything.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
After the first two days I have had 0 issues on my iPad. I was surprised to read about problems still happening on other platforms

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My PS3 and PC still can never work properly. I'm gonna go ahead and cancel it if its not smooth by tomorrow.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the status on the PS3 app? I've had no luck with it so far (Aussie here, going through a US PSN account but no VPN) but that could simply be my not wanting to mess with VPNs. I get fatal errors when trying to watch anything - I wish they would just say "you're not from the US, go away".

PS3 has been fine for me since day 3 or so. Livestream and VOD have barely stuttered (except the stuff that happened to everybody, like during Arrival). In the US. Just skimming the past few pages, people outside the US seem to have success using VPNs so you might have to do that.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Static Rook posted:

PS3 has been fine for me since day 3 or so. Livestream and VOD have barely stuttered (except the stuff that happened to everybody, like during Arrival). In the US. Just skimming the past few pages, people outside the US seem to have success using VPNs so you might have to do that.

Sounds like it, thanks!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pariah Rex posted:

The WWE Network should have some sort of symbol or tag or something to say "Warning this PPV contains Jeff Jarrett watch at your own risk" The guy was seriously like the 90's version of The Miz, and he pops up on everything.

Double J was pretty shite and outdated but he wasn't insufferable his whole career and is 10x the worker Miz is. I probably don't mind Jarrett in WWF stuff mostly because he wasn't booking himself in main events.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 5, 2014

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

oldpainless posted:

My PS3 and PC still can never work properly. I'm gonna go ahead and cancel it if its not smooth by tomorrow.

Your PC isn't working, for just the VOD stuff of the live steam or both? I've haven't tried to watch on my PS3 yet but outside of the NXT arrival problems I've yet to have any issue on my laptop. Maybe your internet provider is capping you or something.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Also Jarett was capable of performing a figure-four without making me wince.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Search on the PS3 sucks. I can't get more than 10 options to show, and that includes match finishes.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jarrett smashed a guitar on Ahmed Johnson's head at the 96 Rumble which makes him 100 times better than the Miz.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

earlier i watched a match where Jarrett smashed a guitar over Booker T's leg which he had been working all night

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

earlier i watched a match where Jarrett smashed a guitar over Booker T's leg which he had been working all night

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Watching WM XII and good lord is Yokozuna out of shape. And Ahmed Johnson is dangerous.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hearing JR say Grand Master Sexay will never get old.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Santheb posted:

Hearing JR say Grand Master Sexay will never get old.

Same with the disgusted way he'd call Palumbo "Chucky".

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Watching One Night Stand 2005 and I'm kind of surprised they didn't mute any of the crowd chants. Just started and there's already a "gently caress em up Jericho gently caress em up".

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Watching the first Royal Rumble, and gee, why are these fans such dicks to poor Dino Bravo?
He's trying to set a new bench press world record FOR THEM.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Tee hee, Joey Styles made me laugh. "Little Guido is a true Italian. Big Guido is a true Italian. Tracy Smothers and JT Smith couldn't find Italy on a map."

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
The Jumping Bomb Angels were so much better wrestle-wise than anything closely resembling the Divas.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

The Jumping Bomb Angels were so much better wrestle-wise than anything closely resembling the Divas.

It was a huge surprise seeing them the first time. Like, "Why have I not heard of these women before this is awesome."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

poo poo, it's hard to reconcile Super Crazy who was quick and gave a drat with what he was in WWE.

Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!

DeathChicken posted:

Tee hee, Joey Styles made me laugh. "Little Guido is a true Italian. Big Guido is a true Italian. Tracy Smothers and JT Smith couldn't find Italy on a map."

And never forget the Don of Atlanta himself, Godfather Tommy Rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Watching the first Royal Rumble, and gee, why are these fans such dicks to poor Dino Bravo?
He's trying to set a new bench press world record FOR THEM.

I'm going through the Royal Rumbles in order and that was agonizing to go through, not until the never ending flexathon in 89 between Ravishing Rick Rude and the Ultimate Warrior. Cannot wait to find out what slows down the entire show with the 1990 Rumble.