Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bob NewSCART posted:

So there's no way to get platinum at any kind of discount at all for ps4 players?

Once in awhile DE gives 20% discounts on plat. That's as low as I've seen it go before for ps4 users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Here's the Dojo tour. I couldn't get voice to work. Pretty much anything not shown was reactor/barracks/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk_yaOAxL0

Might still be processing. Not sure.
Oh gawd

Makes me appreciate the wonderful little dojo we have on PC

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Oh man, as cool as a pimped out dojo would be, I appreciate that all our labs are pretty much together in one spot.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
We could put the two minor clan halls on the side with the reactors and deal with the temporary inconvenience of spawning there sometimes, place the Greater hall on the side with the labs, then destroy the two lessers so we'd have a Greater and the ability to build Greatest Halls. We could then mark the exit that leads to the labs using giant floating rocks or whatever.

Might work.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

We could put the two minor clan halls on the side with the reactors and deal with the temporary inconvenience of spawning there sometimes, place the Greater hall on the side with the labs, then destroy the two lessers so we'd have a Greater and the ability to build Greatest Halls. We could then mark the exit that leads to the labs using giant floating rocks or whatever.

Might work.

Considering how little thought and testing seem to have gone in to the rest of the placement of everything else in the dojo, I don't doubt it. We'd only be really inconvenienced for two days, plus whatever time it takes to accrue all the donations.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm not part of goonclan, but you guys do know that you can set where you want to spawn in the dojo right? Then everyone spawns there until you change it, it's been like that since some time in November/December.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

AndroidHub posted:

I'm not part of goonclan, but you guys do know that you can set where you want to spawn in the dojo right? Then everyone spawns there until you change it, it's been like that since some time in November/December.

I say we make the giant clan hall off the Autumn garden then and keep the small hall as is for simplicity. Then go hogwild on the other end.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

AndroidHub posted:

explain how

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'm guessing that the option only shows up when you have multiple rooms available that you could potentially set as a spawn point.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Oh yeah, it might just be choosing which hall you spawn in, my ghost clan really liked the second biggest hall so wer just have it on top of an elevator that leads to all the lesser halls and reactors.

Also

:pcgaming::ducksiren:Location:Everest (Earth) Description:Destroy Munitions Stockpile - 4400cr, Orokin Catalyst (Blueprint) - Time Remaining: 1h 43m:ducksiren::pcgaming:

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

AndroidHub posted:

:pcgaming::ducksiren:Location:Everest (Earth) Description:Destroy Munitions Stockpile - 4400cr, Orokin Catalyst (Blueprint) - Time Remaining: 1h 43m:ducksiren::pcgaming:

:stare: I'm pretty sure DE made a mistake, I was able to complete this mission twice, both times I got the catalyst blueprint.
I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

How difficult is to get one of the Orokin catalysts blueprint or reactor for that matter ? Cannot get more health and shields on my excalibur and it's running short in some missions.Also my laton sucks.

How the invite system works ? are there any restriction to join a session ?

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Mar 5, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

mechanicalFactory posted:

:stare: I'm pretty sure DE made a mistake, I was able to complete this mission twice, both times I got the catalyst blueprint.
I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised.

That's happened to me a few times but I can't manage to get it consistently.

Lamadrid posted:

How difficult is to get one of the Orokin catalysts blueprint or reactor for that matter ? Cannot get more health and shields on my excalibur and it's running short in some missions.Also my laton sucks.

They show up pretty much only at random; on alerts, invasions, or login rewards.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Lamadrid posted:

Assuming this is on PC, you can generally pick one up a week during random invasions, or alerts, just leave Warfeed open in a tab and check it when it dings. Also, every two weeks there is a livestream, and they always do a 24 hour alert with an Orokin catalyst or reactor during that.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
PS4 clan dojo spawn is in the grandest hall (at the south end). The doors to the right lead to the labs, the doors to the left lead to tenno lab and duel room, the door straight ahead goes to the obstacle course. Everything behind spawn (south of spawn) is stuff you don't need to go to unless you're loving around, hence the bridge room.

It's not overly huge or labyrinthine by any means. Getting to any lab is literally a 5 second run.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 5, 2014

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Piell posted:

Assuming this is on PC, you can generally pick one up a week during random invasions, or alerts, just leave Warfeed open in a tab and check it when it dings. Also, every two weeks there is a livestream, and they always do a 24 hour alert with an Orokin catalyst or reactor during that.

Warfeed has become wholly unreliable. Better to check Deathsnacks. It may not have a ding but the majority of reactors I've seen in the last month or two have been available through invasions and it actually lists them, their rewards and the percentage of completion. That last bit in particular is key since they don't last long at all.

edit: unless Warfeed does something similar and I haven't seen it

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 5, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Warfeed has become wholly unreliable. Better to check Deathsnacks. It may not have a ding but the majority of reactors I've seen in the last month or two have been available through invasions and it actually lists them, their rewards and the percentage of completion. That last bit in particular is key since they don't last long at all.

edit: unless Warfeed does something similar and I haven't seen it

So I haven't checked on my computer, but on mobile at least deathsnacks is only PC right? Is there anything comparable for ps4 because I usually use the twitter feed which doesn't cover invasions at all which is pretty lovely.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's gotten to the point now where I load up Deathsnacks and if there is no good rewards up for alert/invasion I don't even start up the game.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I haven't checked on my computer, but on mobile at least deathsnacks is only PC right? Is there anything comparable for ps4 because I usually use the twitter feed which doesn't cover invasions at all which is pretty lovely.
You should take a look here:

http://deathsnacks.com/wfps4/index.html

Looks like he has a couple twitter accounts set up for PS4 invasion status. His android app (WarDroid) currently only shows PC alerts/invasions. It's also a shitload better than the official android app.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 5, 2014

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Sleepy Owl posted:

That's happened to me a few times but I can't manage to get it consistently.

There is a reliable way to do this. If you've already done the alert, you can still get taxied to it by someone who has not. In fact, one person might be able to do this many times for someone, as once one person has selected a mission, the other people can 'vote' by clicking on the mission name next to their name. They can then actually drop out of the session and send the other people on their merry way. We should actually test this sometime...

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Kappa must be hosed on PS4, did 3 runs and only got one Oxium bird to spawn. Xini and Cyath are unfortunately all we really have.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Just started leveling the flux rifle :suicide:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
As a new player should I just farm missions in Mercury until I have the money for blueprints to get rid of this starter gun?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

As a new player should I just farm missions in Mercury until I have the money for blueprints to get rid of this starter gun?

There's no reason not to continue up the mission tree as long as you're able to contribute. Buy the Braton for 50k from the store as soon as you can afford it, it's a straight-up improvement over the Mk-1 and you don't have to build it from a blueprint/components.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So the Torid is actually kind of a neat gun, everyone who told me otherwise is a jerk.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Shab posted:

There's no reason not to continue up the mission tree as long as you're able to contribute.

Or just find people willing to drag you along anyway. I have no problems bringing some buck newbie along on missions to power level him since I'm just gonna be Priming everything anyway.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Khisanth Magus posted:

The regular Braton isn't bad and you can pick it up cheap. Use that until you can get money and mats for other guns.

Aside from that, get rich and powerful goons to take you on tower runs or invasions (towers are way better) to get you a bunch of money. Don't sweat dying and feeling like you are doing no damage.

Then get them to help you farm Jackal for rhino parts.

Then the game opens way up.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I do really wish there was some kind of grace time on invasions after they completed, like 10-20 minutes to get the rest of your 5 runs in, on things like catalyst invasions you can miss it if you find out about it even 10-15 minutes after it starts.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vriess posted:

Just started leveling the flux rifle :suicide:

Whatever, I just finished leveling the Seer. :suicide: :suicide:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

hooah posted:

Whatever, I just finished leveling the Seer. :suicide: :suicide:

The secret to that is to never zoom in and use it as a hand cannon.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vriess posted:

The secret to that is to never zoom in and use it as a hand cannon.

Yeah, but it takes for-loving-ever to reload (I didn't want to waste a potato on it).

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Skandranon posted:

There is a reliable way to do this. If you've already done the alert, you can still get taxied to it by someone who has not. In fact, one person might be able to do this many times for someone, as once one person has selected a mission, the other people can 'vote' by clicking on the mission name next to their name. They can then actually drop out of the session and send the other people on their merry way. We should actually test this sometime...

I've done a bit of testing but I don't get the reward every time. I have no idea what affects that. v:v:v

I'd be neat if we could use this to get a whole bunch of Blaze and Hammer Shot mods to sell, though.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Melee sentinel

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Shab posted:

There's no reason not to continue up the mission tree as long as you're able to contribute. Buy the Braton for 50k from the store as soon as you can afford it, it's a straight-up improvement over the Mk-1 and you don't have to build it from a blueprint/components.

Just a quick reminder for everyone in the thread that needs or is giving newbie advice about what to ditch the MK-1 Braton pop-gun for. Both the Braton and the Strun cost 25k since update 12. There are :siren:choices:siren: now!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Terbulus posted:

Melee sentinel

What does it fly into people?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Washin Tong posted:

Just a quick reminder for everyone in the thread that needs or is giving newbie advice about what to ditch the MK-1 Braton pop-gun for. Both the Braton and the Strun cost 25k since update 12. There are :siren:choices:siren: now!

I remember Strun being something like 75K last time it was buyable with credits, so progress?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Terbulus posted:

Melee sentinel

I was hoping it'd look more like a monkey with a switchblade.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Chocobo posted:

So the Torid is actually kind of a neat gun, everyone who told me otherwise is a jerk.

Yep, I enjoy it too. I wish it had a bigger radius on it's fart cloud hitbox. It looks big, but it's not really that big.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
3 catalysts on PC today alone. Could the era of lovely invasion rewards be over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Terbulus posted:

Melee sentinel
What the Tenno Bag should've been.