Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Comparing Putin to the old Russian empire makes a lot more sense than all the dumb communist accusations. So good work Horsey, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah good Horsey. So sick of Red Scare in 2014.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

El Scotch posted:

Basically they think the President of the good, ol' US of A should do this:

I love this gif but it should be marked :nms:

You know better because I am an awful hypocrite. :awesome:

Barfled. :swoon:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 5, 2014

rjryan3
Oct 10, 2012

The Crotch posted:

Arizona and Saskatchewan, still holding strong together.

made of bees posted:

Daylight Savings' Time is part of the Agenda 21 plot to depopulate the US so that we can be overcome by the Moslem hordes, duh.

:colbert:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Isn't there that weird single county in Indiana?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
New Dry Bones

quote:

It's really quiet.

Labels: America, Middle East, Negotiations, Obama, Palestine, Palestinians, Peace, Pressure, Talks, West Bank, Withdrawal

He actually shut up about his book, wow.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

alnilam posted:

Isn't there that weird single county in Indiana?

We changed that a few years ago, I believe all of Indiana follows DST now.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

New Dry Bones

Painful concessions demanded of the Palestinians: live under the iron heel of our boot.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

The Destruction of an Arm at the Zoo's Chimpanzee Enclosure.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

New Dry Bones

Yeah those non-citizens sure are asking a lot after having their homes bulldozed.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Where is the bumper sticker, Payne? How am I supposed to know what Obama and the tank represent without a giant bumper sticker on the tank?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

New Dry Bones

Lucky Palestinian Ducky :argh:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Painful concessions demanded of the Palestinians: live under the iron heel of our boot.

You could quickly draw a word balloon coming from the floor to that effect in the 3rd and make him smile in the last panel and it would work perfectly.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MisterBadIdea posted:

Not likely; I've noticed that there are no actual Republicans in the Prickly City universe. Well, not true, there was the rabid Tea Party prairie dogs, but Stantis depicted them as a bunch of crazy zealots. An actual mainstream Republican would force Stantis to actually support something or have an actual hero, instead of just smugly throwing tomatoes from the sidelines.

I suppose there is a hero of sorts in the little black girl main character, but she has almost zero function as an actual character and serves as a one-dimensional author mouthpiece a la Mallard Fillmore, another smug author avatar who never actually supports anything. Even the fictional Stan Kelly is intellectually honest enough to talk about things he likes, thus presenting a more complete worldview than Stantis or Tinsley's cowardly, adolescent cynicism.

I never read much Bloom County but I assume it was more than just a left-wing version of the above, right?

I don't feel like Bloom County was as overtly political as Prickly City, and it certainly wasn't as partisan. It certainly talked about politics sometimes but it wasn't about them nearly every strip like Prickly City and it didn't seem like it harped on talking points as much. It was left wing in general but I'm fairly sure I remember it making fun of liberals a few times.

Mo_Steel posted:

A look at their source map should help clarify this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

:allears:

Wow Dry Bones has a comic about that!

quote:

I don't think the "Wonskolaser" Brothers would be too thrilled to see what their namesakes are saying today...!

Labels: America, American Jews, antisemitism, Bias, Media, media bias, Palestine, West Bank

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 5, 2014

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This is the first time I've been completely unable to tell if something is an edit or not.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MokBa posted:

This is the first time I've been completely unable to tell if something is an edit or not.

it's not his font, dude

:allears: Can we give KC some cartoonist's syndication deal? What about Catalino? Does he even have one? Give him Bill Day's Indiegogo money or something.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I don't feel like Bloom County was as overtly political as Prickly City, and it certainly wasn't as partisan. It certainly talked about politics sometimes but it wasn't about them nearly every strip like Prickly City and it didn't seem like it harped on talking points as much. It was left wing in general but I'm fairly sure I remember it making fun of liberals a few times.

That's more effort than we like to see in these parts, but still...

:golfclap:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

loquacius posted:

Bors has something really important to say about this whole Ukraine thing.

oh wait no that's actually just a complaint about CNN, nevermind :geno:

Just curious, this says 2-5-14... IS BORS A TIMELORD!?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

CampingCarl posted:

What is that circle on Obama's chest supposed to be anyway?

It's an "O". To let you know that this guy is, in fact, Obama.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Phone posted:

Just curious, this says 2-5-14... IS BORS A TIMELORD!?

:aaaaa:
Even Alaska? If you have 18 hours a day, what does it matter if 5 o'clock is an hour earlier? How bizarre.
Hahahaha. I love whatever this is.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

made of bees
May 21, 2013
This is by far the strangest Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff I've seen.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

A look at their source map should help clarify this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

:allears:
Animaniacs were using a map from before 1975 because it had Dahomey on it instead of Benin?

Horon
Sep 9, 2008

That's a really useful ladder to reach to that area that you are reaching without using the ladder at all.

Content:

Almost 2 years ago, workers at a frozen pizza factory in Milwaukee (Palermo's Pizza) tried to form a union and they had a strike and yada yada mass firings and threatened deportations. As things cooled down, management wanted to make sure things didn't heat back up, so they put up some nice posters about why unions are bad. The above is one such poster, and I think it is a work of art. If you can't see it, the people in the right have all their unique and individual names written on them.

Sorry for the low-quality image. Someone probably took it on their phone.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

it's not his font, dude

GIMP screws up a lot of fonts at low sizes, including the font I normally use to approximate Kirschen's :saddowns: It's the same reason I didn't replace the newspaper headline, I couldn't get it to look not terrible.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

57 of 65 people found the following review helpful
★★★★☆ A solid primer for beginners
By S.I. Mian - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Field Guid to Chimp Limbs (Hardcover)
Like most people, I've got a ton of severed chimp arms all over the place- the kitchen counter, the TV room, boxes of 'em in the garage. The wife wanted to just toss them out (how many of you have been in the same situation, am I right?)- but how could I be sure I wasn't tossing one of the good ones? Thanks to this book I can now identify them at a glance. Portions's clear illustrations and no-nonsense explanations make this book a must-have for anyone wanting a better understanding of those ubiquitous but little-understood hairy, dismembered arms.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Horon posted:

Almost 2 years ago, workers at a frozen pizza factory in Milwaukee (Palermo's Pizza) tried to form a union and they had a strike and yada yada mass firings and threatened deportations. As things cooled down, management wanted to make sure things didn't heat back up, so they put up some nice posters about why unions are bad. The above is one such poster, and I think it is a work of art. If you can't see it, the people in the right have all their unique and individual names written on them.

Sorry for the low-quality image. Someone probably took it on their phone.

Those fuckers! Our poo poo!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Where can I find this book? I want this book.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Horon posted:

That's a really useful ladder to reach to that area that you are reaching without using the ladder at all.

If I had a freakish arm that was as long as the rest of my body I'd try to get some use out too.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

El Scotch posted:

Where can I find this book? I want this book.

It's made up.

http://liartownusa.tumblr.com/post/76691633445/a-field-guide-to-chimp-limbs

Liar Town USA comes up with the best fake things I wish were real. :(

:nws: By the way.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

Animaniacs were using a map from before 1975 because it had Dahomey on it instead of Benin?

It also had Tibet and Palestine and Israel as separate states. Yakko's the realest.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Welp, consider me duped. :downs:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://www.hooray2.com/HooRay-Christian-art-for-sale-page-4.html

This website is like staring into a nightmare.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

No loving kidding, this is a goldmine.

How else am I supposed to interpret this than the author surrogate whispering sweet nothings into ayran jesus's ear.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I think i'm having a seizure.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Holy poo poo there are animations too.

http://vimeo.com/87845045

E: ANY loving DAY NOW

http://vimeo.com/87557846

-posted 1 week ago

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 5, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe I should make a thread for these.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Triskelli posted:

Holy poo poo there are animations too.

http://vimeo.com/87845045

E: ANY loving DAY NOW

http://vimeo.com/87557846

-posted 1 week ago

This... This has to be satire.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

corn in the bible posted:

Maybe I should make a thread for these.

Can't forget the caption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Just hanging out, having a cool time on my giant cross.

• Locked thread