Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Oh god! Chloe's is as terrible as I had hoped! Derren's is really cool. Looks kind of Miyazaki-inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
These are all pretty poo poo honestly

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh my god these are all hot loving garbage

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wow, these are horrifying. Like only one or two are actually good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The fish one is good but it doesn't fit the challenge at all. How is that his alter ego in anime form? He just saw some Coy fish in Japan and did that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

oh my god these are all hot loving garbage

Hell yes!

Basebf555 posted:

The fish one is good but it doesn't fit the challenge at all. How is that his alter ego in anime form? He just saw some Coy fish in Japan and did that.

He can do whatever the gently caress he wants. He has immunity. He said it had to do with freedom and traveling, though. So he just went metaphorical, which actually works well for anime. Anime likes metaphors.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
How the poo poo is Chloe safe?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Coconut Indian posted:

Don't know, but it's my new Twitter profile picture. It beautifully horrifying.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ah yes, the subtleness of anime. Especially around the eyes.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
They're gonna get rid of one of the best? gently caress these judges

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The two "anime" faces are loving terrible holy poo poo. Her face is constantly grimacing.

Arvannies
Apr 13, 2005
I swear to god she better not loving win with that horrific thing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

KungFu Grip posted:

The two "anime" faces are loving terrible holy poo poo. Her face is constantly grimacing.

Corinne's reminds me of this.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I loving hate anime and this entire episode has just been nightmare-fuel.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Don't know, but it's my new Twitter profile picture. It beautifully horrifying.

Lol

All of the that went with the full anime eyes were creepy as gently caress. Tyler's was also pretty horrifying. Glenn's all,"he looks like the anime where's Waldo." At least Niko was trying to make his as stupid as possible.

Really. The two on the bottom deserved to be on the bottom.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I want to visit Glenn's house and find his secret vault of Cat Planet Cuties.

Graham would have been much better off painting his arm lumps with outlines, go for an Akira-style body horror thing. George should have kept his face a flat sculpt with highlights, all the extra lines made it look like an old age design when it could have been a killer robot.

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 5, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
OOOHH! Thank the lord he was saved. The next episode is just up his alley.

Edit: I was right about them using the save on someone in the anime challenge, just not on the right person.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 5, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This probably wasn't the best first episode, but it has inspired me to see past episodes. Looks like there is one on cryptids. I love cryptids.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Liar Lyre posted:

Looks like there is one on cryptids. I love cryptids.

Prepare for disappointment

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Prepare for disappointment

But get ready to laugh at Matt's. Go back a page or two for his sketch. :iamafag:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bored posted:

But get ready to laugh at Matt's. Go back a page or two for his sketch. :iamafag:

Was that supposed to be the Jersey Devil? That's just sad.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Worst. Week of Face Off. Ever. <:mad:>

The "transitioning between model and makeup" bits this episode were the stuff of nightmares.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of Westerners to mimic a non-Western art style which is chock full of tricky subtleties and aspects that don't translate well to real life. loving hell.

Coconut Indian posted:

Seriously:

:wtc:

Coconut Indian posted:

Someone should have made an anime version of Glen.

Glen's giant spiky hair and dumb jacket with extraneous straps looked more anime than anything on the stage.

Wallwhacker
May 21, 2003

Something wicked this way comes....
Someone with gif making abilities should capture the scene where Graham blew dust off his mask and it blew back into his face... not sure if it was the fact that I was overtired when I saw it but I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm also bored with this season, this last episode was horrible. :(

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

They should've done this last year and slotted it alongside Heroes of Cosplay for double weirdness factor.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of Westerners to mimic a non-Western art style which is chock full of tricky subtleties and aspects that don't translate well to real life. loving hell.

Seriously:

:wtc:

Glen's giant spiky hair and dumb jacket with extraneous straps looked more anime than anything on the stage.

But like, a cutesy anime version--give sparkle to his dead eyes. All I really know of anime is Sailor Moon and Kingdom Hearts and I am shocked that Glen didn't have more useless chains and pockets.

I thought the one with the glasses was kind of cool, only because when the model smiled it looked better than some of the others. Didn't the suicide girl from last season make an anime character once?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

There was a Korean chick from Seattle in Anthony's season that did a pretty good anime makeup once. It was a male model as a female character, and the giant anime eyes were painted on, so the model had to close his eyes the entire time, but it looked good, and I think may even have won that week.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Coconut Indian posted:

But like, a cutesy anime version--give sparkle to his dead eyes.

~kawaiiiiiiii! :nyoron:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I'm just watching this week's now and what a trainwreck. So many kinds of :gonk:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

:golfclap: :cawg:

We don't have an appropriate smily for how awesome this is.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

This deserves an OP spot. Same goes for subsequent seasons.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

I called that they'd use the immunity as I saw them present their makeups. This kind of challenge is in none of their wheelhouses...though I'm not sure real-life prosthetic anime characters are in anyone's for that matter.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I finally got around to watching this and I seriously want to know how Chloe was safe. Her poo poo wasn't even symmetrical.

Daran's deserved to win but I just wasn't seeing "anime" there.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Terrible episode, terrible creations. At least Tyler managed to do "cartoon" without being totally horrifying.

Gonna need a gif of Graham blowing cement dust into his own face and then coughing and sitting down. That was the highlight of the episode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Factor Mystic posted:

At least Tyler managed to do "cartoon" without being totally horrifying.

Tyler's was the least wonky cartoon character (the gallery of the entries is here) but if you'd shown me those photos without any context I wouldn't have picked that it was supposed to be anime. It looks more like a webcomic character.
Niko and Rashaad tried to do anime characters without gigantic eyes and they looked okay from a distance but up close they've both got some weird anatomy in their faces.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ladies and gentlemen, the many faces of ..... Glenn Hetrick.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Glen Hetrik looks like he's always doing a half rear end cosplay of John Travolta's character in Battlefield Earth.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Coconut Indian posted:

Glen Hetrik looks like he's always doing a half rear end cosplay of John Travolta's character in Battlefield Earth.

You're not the first to notice. ;)

Here's a video of Ve at work, turning Johnny Depp into Captain Jack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZWs3ohW4k

... and turning Robin Williams into Mrs Doubtfire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZoSGvnGNys

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 7, 2014

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

... and turning Robin Williams into Mrs Doubtfire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZoSGvnGNys
With the nose and chin prosthetics on, he had a striking resemblance to Bill Murray.

Count me as one of the people who were disappointed by this episode. I hate animegao and think it's the stuff of nightmares, so why did both girls (and some of the boys) think it was a good idea? Daran actually hit fairly close to some of the more surreal and symbolic stuff out there (Paprika and Mononoke come to mind) and I thought his makeup was clearly the best of the lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I wonder who is better at painting nailes. Ve or Glen.

• Locked thread