Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ville Valo posted:

Agents of Shield should be absolutely embarrassed with the new trailer they just put up, compared to that. Holy gently caress.

Where was Barrowman?! They put everything but the kitchen sink and Merlyn in that trailer.

They may have just debuted a Kree on the show though, so for once they actually did something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

New THREE minute trailer up for the next few episodes of Arrow on Amell's facebook page. Holy bejesus, ALL OF THE THINGS.

Welp, someone owes me some new pants.

Oh god this is so drat great. Why can't this show be on Netflix so they can just dump the whole season on us at once.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What an amazing trailer. Can't wait!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
"Not yet, kid."

God drat. And more Roy action, too. Wonder if we'll get a fight scene between him and Slade, mirakuru on mirakuru.

Also I know it's got to be some sort of fake out but holy poo poo at Ollie putting an arrow through Slade's other eye :suspense:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

"Not yet, kid."

God drat. And more Roy action, too. Wonder if we'll get a fight scene between him and Slade, mirakuru on mirakuru.

Also I know it's got to be some sort of fake out but holy poo poo at Ollie putting an arrow through Slade's other eye :suspense:

Looked like it went through his chest. So he probably just pulls it out and laughs at them.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

making GBS threads dick nipples that trailer :stare:

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hi liter posted:

+1 to that. Great table setting for the last act of the season.

edit : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=369385616532810&stream_ref=10

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

WarLocke posted:

Wonder if we'll get a fight scene between him and Slade, mirakuru on mirakuru.

Look at about 2:25. Roy punches Slade and Slade just ignores it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Looked like it went through his chest. So he probably just pulls it out and laughs at them.

Nope, watched it again and it's definitely hitting at eye-level

Is it tomorrow night yet?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
"Whoa a ton of new posts in the Arrow thread, wonder what happened."

"Oh it's just for a trailer."

:stare:

Holy poo poo.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Goddamn, dudes. Goddamn

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

God drat guys you're making it really hard to not break my no-spoilers rule. I'm not sure I can resist. :ohdear:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
God I do not understand how they're making the Suicide Squad look so cool when it's literally just some dumbasses in leather jackets making bad quips but I want it really bad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

OJ and Charles Manson would make an awesome black ops team.

That would have been a great Naked Gun 9

WarLocke posted:

Nope, watched it again and it's definitely hitting at eye-level

Is it tomorrow night yet?

I don't know what you're seeing there is a clear shot of his face and no arrow.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 5, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Did you make the pun deliberately?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Taffer posted:

God drat guys you're making it really hard to not break my no-spoilers rule. I'm not sure I can resist. :ohdear:

Tonight, you're gonna break your one rule :getin:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Dead Snoopy posted:

"If they're wearing a mask, THEY GET A BULLET!" :black101:
Should've stuck with the eyeblack, Ollie!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

DFu4ever posted:

Caity Lotz may not be a great actress, but she isn't bad. It helps that she has a shitload of charisma and is well written.

Honestly, I don't think she is that much worse than everyone else on the show.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think Katie's fine, but Caity needs better writing...wait. That might not be right.

Sorry, CAITY is fine, if not remarkable. KATIE needs better writing. I think I got it this time.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its weird, I think Caity and Katie (heh) have opposite strengths and weaknesses. Caity is great with the lowkey banter, her line about "going to the little blonde's room" was PERFECT line delivery. But she's much weaker at the scenes where she's required to be more open and blunt - very good at the glancingly emotional bits but can't quite land the big SOAPY moments.

I think Katie is on the other side of that coin - everything with her finding out her sister was alive has been very good acting and decent writing, but her banter with Oliver is usually more than a little forced.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Taffer posted:

I usually avoid spoilers as well but I don't mind them for this show because most of it is just a preview of stuff that we all know is going to happen, so it just gets me that much more excited to see how it all goes down. That trailer, for example, only really has one thing that I would say is an out-of-nowhere type of spoiler. Everything else is just a sneak peak. And god drat does it look neat.

BrianWilly posted:

God I do not understand how they're making the Suicide Squad look so cool when it's literally just some dumbasses in leather jackets making bad quips but I want it really bad.

Yeah I was surprised at how much fun they're making that look. I haven't read any of the comics so I don't have any prior knowledge or affinity for any of the characters, but I can't wait for that episode/arc.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Is it wrong that I wish I could just lose consciousness and wake up in time for the show to start, without having to endure the intervening hours?

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
Can I just say how HAPPY I am Roy is apparently genuinely not getting a costume or even switching to a separate hoodie from the one he wears daily.

I hope he fights cheap cosplay Scarecrow when Ollie and Slade's worst dressed go toe to toe.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

The Libearian posted:

Can I just say how HAPPY I am Roy is apparently genuinely not getting a costume or even switching to a separate hoodie from the one he wears daily.

I hope he fights cheap cosplay Scarecrow when Ollie and Slade's worst dressed go toe to toe.

No mask, no bullet.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
This season so far and especially that trailer are like the creators looked right into my head and fixed every-single-one of my complaints about season 1. I used to think I wanted Arrow/Flash to share a universe with the DC movies. I was wrong, if separated universes gives us stuff like this while AoS keeps stringing people along with next to nothing, yeah I think for once WB/DC actually has a clue what they're doing.

Bird Law fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 5, 2014

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

hi liter posted:

But in all seriousness, her acting is pretty weaker. I don't know how some of ya'll can complain about Jessica de Gouw so much and be as praising of Lotz.
I only found out recently that Jessica de Gouw played Mina Murray in NBC's recent Dracula series. She was far better in that show than Arrow.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
After Slade showing up before the winter break, I thought they would put him on a slow burn to reappear in the finale. I have never been happier to be wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha yeah this show really loves its "slow burns".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Haha yeah this show really loves its "slow burns".

In this show a slow burn is an episode or 2.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
In this show, slow burns are performed with a flamethrower.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

GreenNight posted:

Any actress could be playing Laural and people wouldn't like her. I feel bad for the actress though.

True enough. Though I don't think anyone REALLY blames the actress, she does what she can with the lines/plot she's given.

That trailer. :0

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder what would've happened if they'd let Berlanti treat Dawson's Creek like this show? Joey would've been dead by episode 6, the first season would end with Dawson being snubbed at the Oscars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I wonder what would've happened if they'd let Berlanti treat Dawson's Creek like this show? Joey would've been dead by episode 6, the first season would end with Dawson being snubbed at the Oscars.

As long as we would still get Pacey-con

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Amell just announced a new wine - Vertigo! http://nockingpointwines.com/the-wine-2/?age-verified=095f7acdf9

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
Arrow regulars, I was hoping you folks could help me out. I finished up the first season last night, and with such a :tviv: trailer for the upcoming episodes I was hoping to catch up on the second season. CW's site has the latest five episodes but I was hoping to start from the beginning. Is there anywhere I can find them or am I stuck until Netflix gets season 2?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HaitianDivorce posted:

Arrow regulars, I was hoping you folks could help me out. I finished up the first season last night, and with such a :tviv: trailer for the upcoming episodes I was hoping to catch up on the second season. CW's site has the latest five episodes but I was hoping to start from the beginning. Is there anywhere I can find them or am I stuck until Netflix gets season 2?

Itunes or amazon video.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Itunes or amazon video.

Thanks!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Tonight is going to be SO AWESOME.

I have a box of tissues ready.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is tonight BoP or Suicide Squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

zoux posted:

Is tonight BoP or Suicide Squad?

"The Promise," if the Google blurb is to be believed.

• Locked thread