Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
We complain about the constant Twitter/WWE App mentions today, but I'm watching the Attitude Era for the first time, and apparently Jim Cornette teased JBL's heel turn on America Online the night before.

Also, when Matt Hardy comes out during Wrestlemania 19, his video package is designed specifically to look like a web browser. Sadly, WWEMattitude.com just redirects to wwe.com.

Finally, when Vince yells at Mick Foley during the WWE/WCW merger Raw, he's doing so under a cheap looking vinyl banner that says "WWF.com."

I know all the digital calls to action today are worse, but it's just interesting to see how they were always trying to be ahead of the game on this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Asterios posted:

Also, when Matt Hardy comes out during Wrestlemania 19, his video package is designed specifically to look like a web browser. Sadly, WWEMattitude.com just redirects to wwe.com.

Wasn't he Matt Hardy V. 1.0 at this point? Doing his weird cyber cult thing?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Wasn't he Matt Hardy V. 1.0 at this point? Doing his weird cyber cult thing?

Yep, Mattitude.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm sad he never became Matt Hardy V. 2.0. Or like, V. 1.004.9 or something.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

During that era, just about every one of my forum names, AOL screen names and email addresses ended in "V1"

Infact, I still use one of the email addresses for buying stuff online :(

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Just making sure, is anyone else suddenly not able to login to the Network? I signed up about an hour ago (from Europe but using a vpn) and on-demand was working fine, but then I restarted my computer and the login page is bringing up a "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" error. Hoping its not a geolock thing.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I was watching the first World War 3 yesterday aaannnddd I don't think I ever saw Hogan without his facial hair. That was really weird. Also, I laughed seeing the YEE-TAY going from being an oversized Mummy to being an oversized samurai/ninja

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005
just had that happen, it made my Roku reboot. Can't login on the site now either...

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Asterios posted:

We complain about the constant Twitter/WWE App mentions today, but I'm watching the Attitude Era for the first time, and apparently Jim Cornette teased JBL's heel turn on America Online the night before.

Finally, when Vince yells at Mick Foley during the WWE/WCW merger Raw, he's doing so under a cheap looking vinyl banner that says "WWF.com."

I know all the digital calls to action today are worse, but it's just interesting to see how they were always trying to be ahead of the game on this stuff.

Pro wrestling and the internet certainly isn't a new marriage. The WWF had an AOL page going back to 94-95 and would usually do at least one weekly hosted chat with a wrestler or major guy. ECW's "cyberslam" shows were promoted almost exclusively through RSPW in 95 & 96 and were basically glorified meetups from a usenet page. I remember Bischoff and other WCW guys doing live online chats with Bob Ryder on his prodigy page back in '94 as well.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

MixxMaster posted:

just had that happen, it made my Roku reboot. Can't login on the site now either...

Are you in the US?

According to twitter, the network is actually down for a lot of people so I'm assuming/hoping its not just outside the US.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sir Jebus posted:

Are you in the US?

According to twitter, the network is actually down for a lot of people so I'm assuming/hoping its not just outside the US.

down for me in US

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005

Sir Jebus posted:

Are you in the US?

Yep. Looks like the server that handles profiles and logging in took a poo poo. Can't even get to my profile.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm logged in just fine (I didn't have to try and login, I was already logged in), but all I see is a blank black space when I try to view anything.

This is bummertown.

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm logged in just fine (I didn't have to try and login, I was already logged in), but all I see is a blank black space when I try to view anything.

This is bummertown.

try logging out and back in...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, outside of the US here. Blank screen on a browser that's logged in, the http/1.1 on one that isn't.

Relieved that it's not just outside of US people that've been hit, given that I'm out of my trial now!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
WWE Network sent me a shop discount code for $5 due to the 360 making GBS threads the bed for the first week. Did anyone else get one or are they just picking folks at random?

EDIT: Also looks like Sports on Earth is down so I think MLBAM's servers are acting up.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 5, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MixxMaster posted:

try logging out and back in...

No way, Jose. At least now I can stay logged in; if I access the site logged out (in another browser, for instance), I get a white screen or an "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" error.

At least while logged in but not able to view videos I can search and view the schedule. I was excited for a morning full of WCCW followed by RAW :(

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Down for me on my ipad, with an "invalid app account/partner" error.

Hopefully this is so they can load a ton of new stuff (a man can dream?)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Asterios posted:

With the awful RealPlayer-esque buffering? That's one of my all time favorite entrance video treatments. I wonder if it's still in WWE 2K14.

mrbasehart posted:

People need to see the segment in episode 14 of the Raw Replays where a schoolgirl reads her winning essay aloud. It's called No Hope with Dope and features one hell of a pay-off.

I was watching this last night (and starting to fall asleep) until the payoff snapped me back away. Yikes.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 5, 2014

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Welp, white screen for me as a logged-in user as well.

Hopefully just a small hiccup. Bootista.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pariah Rex posted:

Your PC isn't working, for just the VOD stuff of the live steam or both? I've haven't tried to watch on my PS3 yet but outside of the NXT arrival problems I've yet to have any issue on my laptop. Maybe your internet provider is capping you or something.

my PC can't get anything more than five minutes without problems VOD or live. I was watching countdown and it kept jumping back five seconds so I got to hear Bret say "best there is best there best there ever will be" ten times in a row. It doesn't play at all for vod. Ps3 live works ok most the time but buffers constantly on vod. My kindle fire also performs poorly at both. I have Hulu,amazon prime and Netflix and they all work fine on all platforms.

I chatted with WWE support and explained and she said once you're in the six month subscription its uncancellable,so I said I'm not paying for something that doesn't work so I'll dispute with my bank. Then she said they're uploading content and that's probably the problem and gve it until the end of this week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm getting the white screen as well.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
My live stream works on my PC but I think the schedule is stuck on 6am. It says it's showing WCCW now but the live stream shows RAW Flashback.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah everything is working now except the schedule looks a bit off. I can live with that.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Working on my PC and PS3 perfectly now. Everything is awesome again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ThatCguy posted:

Pro wrestling and the internet certainly isn't a new marriage. The WWF had an AOL page going back to 94-95 and would usually do at least one weekly hosted chat with a wrestler or major guy. ECW's "cyberslam" shows were promoted almost exclusively through RSPW in 95 & 96 and were basically glorified meetups from a usenet page. I remember Bischoff and other WCW guys doing live online chats with Bob Ryder on his prodigy page back in '94 as well.

Didn't Vince do an AOL chat that along with the playboy interview showed how batshit he really was?

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
Is it confirmed that there were problems last night? I finally got the Xbox 360 app working and I was having hitching and streaming issues watching NXT. Eventually I got booted out of the video and it told me the servers were unavailable.

To answer the above question, I got a $5 discount code with an apology about the 360 app not working. They also sent me an e-mail right after I was having login issues on the 360 when it launched. So far the customer service has been good.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
I'm on PC (Opera) and things are running great now. Just in time for a CM Punk match on the livestream, too.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm watching the Zamboni Raw from 1998, with a huge smile on my face. God, this poo poo was nuts. I love Vince screaming at Austin "YOU GO TO JAIL, YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU GO TO JAIL!".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TL posted:

I'm watching the Zamboni Raw from 1998, with a huge smile on my face. God, this poo poo was nuts. I love Vince screaming at Austin "YOU GO TO JAIL, YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU GO TO JAIL!".

Austin just riding the zamboni while smashing into everything with a totally neutral expression on his face is just the funniest thing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Whoa, Joel Gertner gets up to do his thing at One Night Stand, and JBL shoves him so hard he's lucky he didn't topple over the balcony.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

My trial was successfully canceled but the pending charge doesn't expire until March 26th. It's not a big deal, but I really hope it clears out after a week and not a month.

WWENetwork@mlb.com being the paypal account makes me laugh.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Safe Driver posted:

I'm going through the Royal Rumbles in order and that was agonizing to go through, not until the never ending flexathon in 89 between Ravishing Rick Rude and the Ultimate Warrior. Cannot wait to find out what slows down the entire show with the 1990 Rumble.

Sherry and Sapphire on Brother Love?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I actually got sent a $5 coupon for WWEShop.com in my email, as an apology for the 360 errors. Now I can't view previous years of Summerslam on the 360...is that an everyone thing?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Time at work for me tends to usually go in terms of sitting in a tiny glass room and answering a succession of phones on occasion. So the network is a bit of a godsend.

This makes for a decent starting point.

Currently as far as Wrestlemania IV. It's gonna suck, isn't it?

(Is it just me or does Dangerous Danny Davis look like a precursor to Disco Inferno?)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Anyone else PS3 have the audio just drop out completely sometimes? Just started yesterday. Audio cuts out, and I have to quit the app and restart it to get it working again, but then it seems to just happen within a few minutes anyway.

Don't have the same issue on PC.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Anyone else PS3 have the audio just drop out completely sometimes? Just started yesterday. Audio cuts out, and I have to quit the app and restart it to get it working again, but then it seems to just happen within a few minutes anyway.

Don't have the same issue on PC.

I've watched a ton of it on PS3 since launch and this has never happened to me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Time at work for me tends to usually go in terms of sitting in a tiny glass room and answering a succession of phones on occasion. So the network is a bit of a godsend.

This makes for a decent starting point.

Currently as far as Wrestlemania IV. It's gonna suck, isn't it?

(Is it just me or does Dangerous Danny Davis look like a precursor to Disco Inferno?)

During the free week, I went through and watched a dozen PPVs I've been meaning to see or watch again. Now, I am doing what you are doing, and starting from the beginning. I just sat through Wrestling Classic, an era I know little about.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I love the network so far, but it's in desperate need of an advanced search so I can watch Undertaker from 1997-2000, not try to sift through over 1000 results for Undertaker.

As long as I'm wishing, a Netflix-style queue would be a godsend. Queue up while taking a break at work, watch without looking for "that one thing I meant to watch" when I get some free time.

Lastly, a community rating on this stuff would be killer. Back to the Undertaker example, it'd be great to watch his best matches as selected by the IWC instead of the same maddening 1000+ search results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yeah and the categories need to list everything too. You can't find the first episode of Raw unless you type "raw episode" in search and find the very last entry.