Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

dy. posted:

I was person #1 and it was all a misunderstanding. Cole said "hey don't just rush into B, you are going to get owned by Prost" every round but I could tell by the tone of his voice that he meant "just rush into B enough times and you'll totally get him."

Subtext.
The worst part about it was the discussion that happened just before that round. "Prost has been playing close to tunnels every round, usually with a shotgun, that's why he keeps getting a double kill." "I know! Let's just rush into B!"

Xenaero posted:

If you actually said tally ho I would have laughed my rear end off.
Yeah, dude, those are all direct quotes from the players involved. Even mine, I'm always respectful when people are doing dumb things in CS, you know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Coleman posted:

The worst part about it was the discussion that happened just before that round. "Prost has been playing close to tunnels every round, usually with a shotgun, that's why he keeps getting a double kill." "I know! Let's just rush into B!"
It was literally the worst possible move, I recognized that fact intellectually, and I did it anyway. Repeatedly and with no success.

That's pretty much a good representation of my life in general.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
For every bad play I make, I also make a worse one to balance it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK5qeWXgprg

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

No recording of my sick ace? For shame.

(that was really bad and you should feel bad)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

For every bad play I make, I also make a worse one to balance it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK5qeWXgprg

This is why I like to play with you

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Jeoh posted:

No recording of my sick ace? For shame.

(that was really bad and you should feel bad)

You need to do your own sick ace videos.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6pXYhn6jo

It was much better in my head, but whatever!

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

FetalDave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6pXYhn6jo

It was much better in my head, but whatever!

The constant "LET ME KNIFE HIM!" in the background miiiight take a little of the legitimacy away here, haha

Because, goons.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I think the guy saying "let me knife him" was the last guy I killed?

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Check out this awesome match making job! Queued with 2 friends (silver elite and nova I) and this is what we got.

The unranked guy and the other Nova II kept pushing instead of staying in sites early on and neither one of them had any concept of the economy and wouldn't listen to any advice. Pretty much just started screwing around and rushing with them after it became clear we were going to get worked.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

FetalDave posted:

I think the guy saying "let me knife him" was the last guy I killed?

It was, that was Shogunner. He deserved it!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Did someone say match making?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:laffo: 65 and 12? How many times did he ace?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sweet banana rushes...I didn't think a score like that was possible, even with the rank discrepancy.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
My faith in the CS community has been restored. Was playing casual with a friend and managed to convince the entire server we should play knives only. Then no-scope scout knives. Then tazer knives. For like 25 rounds. Everyone who played followed along and was down to kick anyone who didn't. Apparently we kicked on guys friend who wasn't following the rules and he got defriended, but who needs friends like that anyways.

Vequeth
Jul 12, 2008
God I just had a Stat Trak Field Tested m4 asiimov drop, this is a no brainer sell right? Its so pretty :(

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vequeth posted:

God I just had a Stat Trak Field Tested m4 asiimov drop, this is a no brainer sell right? Its so pretty :(

It's $250 (or whatever) of sheer hideousness, dump that poo poo.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Then spend all of that dirty Steam money on knives

Vequeth
Jul 12, 2008

Orv posted:

Wow it sold within 10 minutes?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Vequeth posted:

Wow it sold within 10 minutes?

Enjoy a lots of free Steam games, you lucky bastard. I got an M4A4 Asiimov as well some time ago, but it wasn't Stattrak, so I :airquote: only :airquote: got about 30 euros for it.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Rosh posted:

Check out this awesome match making job! Queued with 2 friends (silver elite and nova I) and this is what we got.

The unranked guy and the other Nova II kept pushing instead of staying in sites early on and neither one of them had any concept of the economy and wouldn't listen to any advice. Pretty much just started screwing around and rushing with them after it became clear we were going to get worked.

I got really lucky last night doing MM. I had two games in a row where every single person was Master Guardian 1. and including two more matches almost every single game went into half 8-7

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
I usually queue with those two friends (sometimes a fourth who also wavers between Silver Elite Master and Nova I) and overall it's been pretty fair. That was by far the worst balancing I've seen since getting into matchmaking with GO though. They didn't strike me as a group of friends queued together but I can't imagine how else that group would have been assembled lol.

Rosh fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 5, 2014

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

Rosh posted:

I usually queue with those two friends (sometimes a fourth who also wavers between Silver Elite Master and Nova I) and overall it's been pretty fair. That was by far the worst balancing I've seen since getting into matchmaking with GO though. They didn't strike me as a group of friends queued together but I can't imagine how else that group would have been assembled lol.

That is definitely a group. It looks like they have that Silver 1 guy that pulls the average rank way down, allowing them to get matched into your stack of Nova 2's.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
That's pretty much what I figured since he managed to play above the level of a "true" Silver I if there even is such a thing. Real cool guys there!

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
I'm the unluckiest guy in the world but I can honestly say I've been getting some really fair MM queues. I've had about 4 tied games in the last 10 games.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I just got into this game and I'm having some good fun, but I'm stuck in silver because my aim with a rifle is pretty bad. If I can manage to make it through the pistol round and get an AWP I'm usually good to go and start making some sick clutch plays, which are especially fun because in Silver using sniper rifles is "cheating" and the enemy team will start raising hell in allchat asking my team to kick me.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nanomashoes posted:

I just got into this game and I'm having some good fun, but I'm stuck in silver because my aim with a rifle is pretty bad. If I can manage to make it through the pistol round and get an AWP I'm usually good to go and start making some sick clutch plays, which are especially fun because in Silver using sniper rifles is "cheating" and the enemy team will start raising hell in allchat asking my team to kick me.

Where in silver are you? I thought I was getting better but I'm still stuck at Silver IV. I certainly am seeing a different experience than you though, the only guns I see people buy at AK/m4/AWP/P90 and there's certainly teamwork going on.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

Where in silver are you? I thought I was getting better but I'm still stuck at Silver IV. I certainly am seeing a different experience than you though, the only guns I see people buy at AK/m4/AWP/P90 and there's certainly teamwork going on.

I'm bouncing between silver 4 and elite. Add me on steam if you'd like. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037376298/

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

henne posted:

My faith in the CS community has been restored. Was playing casual with a friend and managed to convince the entire server we should play knives only. Then no-scope scout knives. Then tazer knives. For like 25 rounds. Everyone who played followed along and was down to kick anyone who didn't. Apparently we kicked on guys friend who wasn't following the rules and he got defriended, but who needs friends like that anyways.

The kick system is a really awesome standardized addition.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

No, the worst MM matchup in history is when me an Jeoh queued together. We were both Gold Nova 2 and got matched against a team of eagles/supreme masters/global elite. Jeoh aced them :)

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Were they just hackers who toggled off for the match?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

RadioPassive posted:

Were they just hackers who toggled off for the match?

They were playing like double ak level if that helps. We were wondering 'how did we get matched with double ak players' until we saw the ranks and then we were like :cmon:.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Perfectly balanced, I think.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Jeoh posted:

:cmon: sums this up pretty well.

One nova2 top fragged and another middle fragged. So yeah, maybe organner was down that day.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nanomashoes posted:

Fix your DPI and sensitivity and learn how to use the AK and M4 or you will be poo poo forever. You're not gonna get an AWP that often against people who can actually shoot.

e: use a scout :downs:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm pretty sure you find way more suspicious players in hostage maps than you do in defuse maps.

Nitr0 posted:

Why do you say that.

Judging from experiences I and friends have had, comparatively, there's a much higher ratio of suspicious stuff going on in hostie maps than defuse maps during matchmaking, solo and in groups. Why that is, I have no clue. Just been our collective experience.

Orv posted:

No way. Sell it and buy a normal Asiimov. It's so garish and obnoxious and...glorious. This is what weapon skins are for!

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 5, 2014

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Xenaero posted:

I'm pretty sure you find way more suspicious players in hostage maps than you do in defuse maps.

Why do you say that.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Jeoh posted:

You're playing on Assault, a map that doesn't get queued very often. Those players probably got to the high ranks soley through queueing as a group on unplayed maps hoping to get low tier players. That's why they probably weren't that good.

Nitr0 posted:

Why do you say that.
Because no one plays cs_ maps.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
There should be separate ranks for cs_ maps and de_ maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Welp, looks like my luck ran out with solo queiing. Got into a game on dust2 where I spent the first four or five rounds as the only person on my team with a kill, with teammates that would frequently give up long A and cat and a dude in B who literally never smoked/flashed/fire bombed tunnel. Things didn't get better when we switched to T-side, as they would just run up to DD at A or into B tunnels and would sit for the entire round and get picked up by peeking awpers one by one.

On top of all the stupid poo poo, the game ends and it turns out they were all the same rank as me. :ughh: (opposite team had some eagles and higher ranked dudes mixed in IIRC, and one dude nearly thirty bombed with 12 deaths or so, he didn't even die until the 8th round)

I can't complain too much because most of my solo queue matches have been pretty good and I've been DMG since about 20 wins or so but god drat how those guys were above even low novas was beyond me. I don't mind losing when the games are back and forth or people are just having fun but holy poo poo when your team is loving brain dead the good vibes go away fast as hell.

• Locked thread