Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

When you play the game of dates you win or you die a little on the inside :smith: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have a lot of little aches and pains, and last night my knee started clicking audibly when walking down the stairs. I think I'm getting old.

Edit: The little skylight in my living room just sprung a leak. It's raining really hard right now, and it's supposed to rain most of the weekend, too. It's also the middle of the goddamn night so I can't call the landlord and I'm sure as hell not going to try fixing it right now.

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 12:38 on Feb 28, 2014

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

How old are you exactly? Enquiring minds need to know before we can sympathise / laugh. For reference I'm 40 and have no such aches and pains.

Put a bucket under it and contact your landlord at the earliest convenience.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Frozen pipes, leaky sink (hopefully not related!) yet the repair bill won't larger than my insurance deductible. Sucks to be you, savings account.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I have $X set aside from each paycheck for Fun Monies, but so far nothing is jumping out at me to buy so I dunno what I'm going to do with it. And then today I found out that I'm getting a pretty significant raise, so now I feel MORE pressure to buy something neat because I should celebrate the raise.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur

Women's Rights? posted:

I have $X set aside from each paycheck for Fun Monies, but so far nothing is jumping out at me to buy so I dunno what I'm going to do with it. And then today I found out that I'm getting a pretty significant raise, so now I feel MORE pressure to buy something neat because I should celebrate the raise.

The answer to this question is always more polish. Noricae's about to release those flakies...

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Women's Rights? posted:

And then today I found out that I'm getting a pretty significant raise, so now I feel MORE pressure to buy something neat because I should celebrate the raise.

I hear you. I just got a 12% raise but it doesn't go into effect for another month. :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't have enough dirty dishes to warrant turning on the dishwasher but I can't be arsed to wash my favourite cereal bowl by hand.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

awesomekittens posted:

The answer to this question is always more polish. Noricae's about to release those flakies...

I was gonna say buy me polish, but I think your idea is way less weird.

Speaking of, my FWP is I currently have one lemon cuticle balm but I will be getting like 3 more thanks to a beauty box I ordered and buying more from Noricae because her scents are amazing. I have too much balm, not nearly enough cuticle.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My mom volunteers at the animal shelter several times a week. She wants me to go and help too. I'd like to help animals, but it makes me sad to go there.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Helith posted:

How old are you exactly? Enquiring minds need to know before we can sympathise / laugh. For reference I'm 40 and have no such aches and pains.

Put a bucket under it and contact your landlord at the earliest convenience.

I'm only 28. :(

I put a bucket under the drip but in order to put the bucket on the floor I had to pull the couch out at an odd angle and move a bunch of stuff out of the way. It stopped dripping like an hour later but the bucket is still there just in case. Landlord will be emailed because I can't find the phone number right now.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Mizufusion posted:

I have a lot of little aches and pains, and last night my knee started clicking audibly when walking down the stairs. I think I'm getting old.

This happens to me, and I HATE it. Google crepitus.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I have AT@T Uverse in my house and I have lost track how many times in the past few months how many times it has gone down. What's worse is that it went down yesterday and the tech spent two hours trying to get it back up.

Now I have to spend my Saturday at home waiting for him.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Netflix's ranking options don't include a "I liked it, but only ironically" button. Just because I loved this horrible B movie doesn't mean I want to wade through suggestions of a dozen others that aren't as perfectly stupid. For that matter, it doesn't have a "I loved it, but only because of nostalgia" button. Just because I like one rom com from when I was a kid, doesn't mean I like them, dammit.

Forget Skynet, how long until Netflix becomes self aware?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
Netflix is suggesting I watch something called Nude Nuns with Big Guns, which comes pretty close to being an SEO optimization for "movie I will probably never watch."

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

My Girl Scout cookies may be counterfeit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My mason drinking jug has sticker glue residue at the bottom that won't come off and I see it every time I take a drink.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The lady at the bakery gave me the wrong type of donut holes. I asked for the chocolate covered with sprinkles, but got only chocolate covered :qq:

DAMMIT WOMAN I NEED THE COLORFUL JOY OF SPRINKLES IN MY LIFE! :argh:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

My mason drinking jug has sticker glue residue at the bottom that won't come off and I see it every time I take a drink.

Rub it away with some nail polish remover/rubbing alcohol!

My local supermarket has run out of stock of the amazing snacks that come out at Christmas so I'm stuck with boring non-seasonal snacks now.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The town where I live is so wealthy and health conscious that the McDonalds went out of business and nowhere else has greasy hash browns with enough sodium to kill a horse that I'm craving right now.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Metlife just canceled my auto insurance, using the excuse that I was in a weather-related accident more than six months ago. Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that I just turned 25.

edit: This is the same company that had me believing for a month that the other person in the accident was suing me until a representative finally called to inform me that they had mixed up files from a completely different case.

Oh Hell No has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Mar 2, 2014

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I found out andouille is reasonably easy to get up here where I live now, so I'll be making gumbo a lot more often.

I genuinely fear becoming bored of gumbo. :(

e: also I accidentally wore two scarves today but didn't notice until I took them off.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My friend told me about a movie, where John Cusack and Robert De Niro have a macguffin that involves a bag, and while I really don't want to see the film I am wondering wtf is in the bag.

The movie just came out on VOD today so there isn't a wiki to spoil it (yet) :(

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
At the vet clinic where I work an older woman came in to drop her dog off for grooming and poo poo her pants in the lobby. I know it's terrible and not funny but I still can't stop laughing every time I think of it. She walked out with her underwear in a trash bag.

I am a terrible person but I can't stop laughing.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Someone said "poisonous" when they meant "venomous"
:eng99:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I work IT at a hospital and one of the projects I'm working on is migrating the pastoral care call in log from an ancient and terrible 97 database to a fancy pants new sharepoint site. But as I'm moving the data I keep accidentally catching snatches of the descriptions of the call in log and it's all "10 day old patient died, provided counseling for family" and "mother miscarried at 7 months and asked for baptism for her baby" and "provided counseling for father after wife and children killed in car accident" and it's making me really sad and I don't want to work on this project anymore.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I made pizza for dinner and by the time it was ready I was already full of cheese, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and pepperoni. I also made way too much pizza and really hope someone else puts it away so I don't have to.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Uuuuuggggghhhhhh.

I ate too much jambalaya.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm out of my ADD pills and I can't get more til Monday.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Maybe it'll help if you find something to distract you?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Spent around a 150 euro drinking on Saturday and embarrassed myself in front of a large number of people I respect.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I'm supposed to go for sushi with my coworkers tonight but I couldn't wait, so I had sushi for lunch.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
My boyfriend's mom is in the hospital and I can't do anything to make him feel better. Also, I found out by accident that the new guy at work makes way more than me (and it's not due to experience or anything that would warrant a bigger salary) and I'm super uncomfortable asking for more money so I just have to wallow in my sadness. I also can't whine about that to my boyfriend because he obviously has more important things to worry about.

I just want to whine and I've already whined enough to my one friend who would care about all this.

Gatla
Apr 29, 2004
Blah blah blah.
When I moved back to my small hometown, I went from 45mbs to 8mbs. loving bullshit.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I've been waiting long enough for the Massachusetts Health Connector to process my application that they could theoretically have sent a hard copy to Mars and back using current NASA equipment and still gotten it sooner.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's taking for god damned ever to format this drive so I can back up my ps3, which in turn will involve taking a long time, and then when I swap drives I have to restore it which will take even more time, and dammit it's 2014 why this poo poo gotta be slow?!?!?

Also I kinda want to order pizza hut but at the same time I don't really want to deal with people or driving or having people come to my house.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I mathematically understand the solution to the Monty Hall problem but I cannot make my ordinary brain accept that it makes sense. :downs:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I want to play Titanfall, but I don't think I'll like it enough to be worth the price.

Ambystoma
Oct 22, 2008

At least I looked like a popular idiot.

Mister Adequate posted:

I mathematically understand the solution to the Monty Hall problem but I cannot make my ordinary brain accept that it makes sense. :downs:

I've been understanding this one, then watching my brain forget how it works then understanding it all over again on a loop for years now :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Mister Adequate posted:

Try this: it's the fact that the host KNOWS he's not opening the door hiding the prize that shifts the odds toward the third door.

If instead, he guessed randomly and just happened to pick a loser, then the odds are 50/50 for your door and the third door just as you would expect. (6 possible outcomes: 2 you were right the whole time, 2 he chooses the winner, 2 where it's behind the 3rd door)

• Locked thread