Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Was one of those prisoners Harley?

That's exactly what I thought, but I thought there was a moratorium on other properties using those characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So is the priest supposed to be Pied Piper?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

I was thinking Ratcatcher

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Probably not, since Piper is going to be a Flash regular.

I think I heard the name "Avery" for the priest, but I'm not sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I could have sworn I heard Thomas Flynn, who is nobody in DC comics.

Maybe my ears suck.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Aphrodite posted:

I could have sworn I heard Thomas Flynn, who is nobody in DC comics.

Maybe my ears suck.

Yeah, that's what I heard. I guess he's just this guy, you know?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He just seemed a little too idiosyncratic for an original character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He just seemed a little too idiosyncratic for an original character.

Well, he looks like he'll be sticking around for a while so they probably chose to make him stand out a bit in his intro.

Mexal
Oct 18, 2007

It is best to avoid the power of a ninja
This show is too good. Excellent episode and I can see why Amell thinks its the best they did. The tension was crazy and Manu Bennett was absolutely inspired casting. I'm still in awe that this is a CW show.

Also, for the record, I think Caty Lotz's acting is fine. It really doesn't bother me in the least.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That eye socket was freaking me out. But I guess he needs to air it out every day or he will grow eye mushrooms in there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fake eye with mints would have been boss.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jscolon2.0 posted:

Was one of those prisoners Harley?

Is this what you are referring to? http://i.minus.com/i1I79pRTWPQJd.gif

edit:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 6, 2014

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
That was a fairly interesting episode, but uh... the fact that all the principals, including Oliver himself, somehow accept that Shado's death was Oliver's fault is just a contrivance too far. I mean, Oliver never even made a choice; at the last second, Ivo took aim at Sara and Oliver put himself in the line of fire.

I know, I know, the Mirakuru makes Slade irrational, but poo poo, not only is the "I may have pulled the trigger, but you chose which one would die" scenario really stupid on its face but on top of that, Oliver never even made a choice in the first place.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Leb posted:

That was a fairly interesting episode, but uh... the fact that all the principals, including Oliver himself, somehow accept that Shado's death was Oliver's fault is just a contrivance too far. I mean, Oliver never even made a choice; at the last second, Ivo took aim at Sara and Oliver put himself in the line of fire.

I know, I know, the Mirakuru makes Slade irrational, but poo poo, not only is the "I may have pulled the trigger, but you chose which one would die" scenario really stupid on its face but on top of that, Oliver never even made a choice in the first place.
You never argued politic with a republican ? Ivo framed the situation, Oliver is too shaken to fight back and reject it and Sarah have no credibility to do it since she "benefited".

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Didn't really enjoy the episode, way too much predictable flashback (really, the flashback played out so exactly like I expected that I found myself completely underwhelmed). The flashbacks in general are such a drag on this show. Honestly, at this point I just don't give a gently caress what happened on the island.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is this what you are referring to? http://i.minus.com/i1I79pRTWPQJd.gif

edit:

Yup.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Leb posted:

Considering what Slade did to Ivo I don't think he's buying that argument either.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I really hope they bring in everyone from the DC universe.

jscolon2.0 posted:

You should have had a backup plan, and cut his brakes, Diggle.

Poor Diggle. First action in weeks and he gets knocked out like a chump.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

You should have had a backup plan, and cut his brakes, Diggle.

Black Driver strikes again!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look at the spoilered gif. Obviously the boat gif is not what I was talking about.

edit: I need to stop editing posts after the fact.

So anyway, I guess the next season of the island is Sara, KGBeast, and other miscellaneous prisoners trying to break Ollie out?

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 6, 2014

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

jscolon2.0 posted:

So anyway, I guess the next season of the island is Sara, KGBeast, and other miscellaneous prisoners trying to break Ollie out?
This was only episode 15.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if this season we'll get the moment that makes Oliver think Sara is dead.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mike Danger posted:

Is Australian rum a thing?

Yes. The city of Bundaberg is famous for it.

Why the hell is there no episode next week? wtf is wrong with American television, why do they have constant gaps in screening a season?

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 6, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

:swoon: My dreams are happening!

I can agree that the flashback this ep was a little predictable, but it was pulled off quite nicely. And everything in the modern day was so loving thick with tension it made up for the lack of it on the boat.

And the preview for SS makes me wanna go into Mirakuru Rage over having to wait two weeks. Guys. We're getting the loving Suicide Squad in an actual, good show!

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Here's a link to the preview for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3TSu6wMmCM

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Axel Serenity posted:

We're getting the loving Suicide Squad in an actual, good show!

Justice League Unlimited is amazing you shut your mouth.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3TSu6wMmCM

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Axel Serenity posted:

:swoon: My dreams are happening!

I can agree that the flashback this ep was a little predictable, but it was pulled off quite nicely. And everything in the modern day was so loving thick with tension it made up for the lack of it on the boat.

And the preview for SS makes me wanna go into Mirakuru Rage over having to wait two weeks. Guys. We're getting the loving Suicide Squad in an actual, good show!

...That's not afraid to kill dudes!

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Leb posted:

Ivo shooting anyone didn't even make sense at that point. It's kinda dumb that they made it this central plot point.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

hi liter posted:

Justice League Unlimited is amazing you shut your mouth.

The cartoons don't count. We already know they're good and stand above live-action drama. :colbert:

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

JayMax posted:

Ivo shooting anyone didn't even make sense at that point. It's kinda dumb that they made it this central plot point.

Yea, its kind of lame that they refrigerated Shado just to create beef between Slade and Oliver. But the number of fakeout deaths at this point is greater than actual deaths so the window is absolutely still there.

I really want Slade to have a redemption arc dammit.

edit: I'm at least glad that Slade acknowledges how messed up he was on the boat. He's in grief and lashing out at with his newfound powers.

wedgie deliverer fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 6, 2014

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

The Lord Bude posted:

Yes. The city of Bundaberg is famous for it.

Why the hell is there no episode next week? wtf is wrong with American television, why do they have constant gaps in screening a season?

Because we're the assholes of the free world, that's why.

I don't knoooooooooooow.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Paradise Lost posted:

Yes, but boobs and leather and stuff

Actually that probably is why one sub-par actress is likely to keep her job and the other sub-par actress isn't. It's not just the goon hivemind that will take badly acted face punching and badassery over badly acted whiny moping.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought Caity was fine in this episode. The one bad delivery was that "He's going to kill Oliver and his entire family" weird zoom-in shot, and I don't think anyone could've saved that line.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. It was just balls vs. walls intense. I actually didn't see the whole Captain Slade thing coming at all.

Although when exactly did Roy find out about Sara being one of Ollie's allies? I guess we just Arrow-paced through that scene.

Also?...Roy, if there's literally any sport in the world that absolutely does not require for someone to take off their shirt, it would probably be archery.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Holy poo poo that last shot of Slade's empty eye socket with like a web of tendon looking... stuff back there was so hosed up :stonk:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goodamn that episode. Slade was smug as gently caress and it was amazing.

And its not fair to compare acting in this show when Bennett and Amell are making GBS threads on everybody else from a great height with their performances. Katie Cassidy would be fine if her character wasn't poo poo, and Lotz is fine except when she needs to ham it up.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know we're supposed to be all "woo! gently caress yeah, Arrow!" but this episode didn't do much for me.

I respect the island material more than I actually like it - but its getting drat repetitive. Really cannot wait for Oliver and Sara to get away from the island and onto more of their training/world travelings.

And while the technical end of the show remains impressive, the script had a TON of clunky lines. All of Ivo's lines in particular felt extremely rough - you've gotta give your actors something to work with.

I liked Slade blatantly loving with Oliver at the mansion, but I'm really hoping there's more twists to their fallout. Having Shado's death be the whole reason for a five-year long feud feels too easy. And just saying "mirakuru handwave" doesn't excuse the lameness of that excuse.

Ah well, the next two episodes should do more than enough to kick things up. I think this was just the breather episode before the show jumps into its final act of the season.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I liked Slade blatantly loving with Oliver at the mansion, but I'm really hoping there's more twists to their fallout. Having Shado's death be the whole reason for a five-year long feud feels too easy. And just saying "mirakuru handwave" doesn't excuse the lameness of that excuse.

Well for one thing, Oliver is almost certainly going to put an arrow through Slade's eye at some point. That would help to prolong a feud.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kammat posted:

Two weeks? ARGH!

I may have to close this thing down after a couple days. Hiatuses do not do this thread any favors.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mike Danger posted:

Is Australian rum a thing?
It is, but Reuther Rum isn't a thing here. We grow a lot of sugar cane.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is this what you are referring to? http://i.minus.com/i1I79pRTWPQJd.gifedit:
:gizz: O M G. i think i'm having multiple nerdgasms

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I actually loved the island bit, predictable though it might be. Seeing Oliver training on the island and putting the hood on was great; Slade putting on the mask was just awesome.

Oliver getting his whole crew to congregate at the mansion was fantastic. I really enjoyed Roy and Slade's little face off and Oliver challenge was absolutely perfect.

I have to wonder what he would have done if Slade had accepted the challenge. How would he have explained to his mom and Thea how Slade and Roy are punching through walls and how he and Sara are acrobatic enough to avoid getting destroyed? I guess he just knows Slade well enough to know that he would back down after that show of force?

Deadpool posted:

I may have to close this thing down after a couple days. Hiatuses do not do this thread any favors.

This is probably a good idea.

• Locked thread