Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Probably a Kree.

A skrull. Have their been any cows on the show yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

For those that haven't seen it

People are guessing a Kree but given that it's Agents of SHIELD it'll turn out to be a dark elf or frost giant that has been hit with gamma radiation and found during WW2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I doubt the actual species is going to matter in the long run though.

Unless they want to make Skye Captain Marvel.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Watchmen crossover confirmed!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

For those that haven't seen it

People are guessing a Kree but given that it's Agents of SHIELD it'll turn out to be a dark elf or frost giant that has been hit with gamma radiation and found during WW2.

Atlantean!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
It had markings on his chest, anyone recognize? It's either going to be Thor related (the most boring possibility), or it is a Kree or an Inhuman. I really doubt it is a Skrull.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone posted this in the TV IV thread:

quote:

Blue dude is probably an inhuman, Marvel's way of getting around using mutants in the MCU without mutants.

A few months ago people were reacting to Coulson's surgery and saying "thats hosed up!" And Clark Gregg tweeted "Yes its almost....inhuman"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

...inhuman
Oh. Well. That kind of answers that, then.

They've basically got Thanos' son tied up and draining, then.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So the season will end with an apperence of Lockjaw? The season could also end with Black Bolt appearing speaking and next season is just the Inhumans and Coulson.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
This almost makes me want to watch AoS. Almost.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

bobkatt013 posted:

So the season will end with an apperence of Lockjaw? The season could also end with Black Bolt appearing speaking and next season is just the Inhumans and Coulson.

Season ends with Coulson, no shirt, riding Lockjaw and shooting guns. Lockjaw has a shoulder tattoo of the same scene.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

This almost makes me want to watch AoS. Almost.

NO DON'T!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
3 more casts for Constantine, including female lead

I was kind of expecting Zatanna being here to be honest.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It really isn't a bad show, it's just bland. The episode prior to this one was pretty good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

3 more casts for Constantine, including female lead

I was kind of expecting Zatanna being here to be honest.

It reads like its a mix of Zatanna and the female lead from the movie. However, this is Constantine so expect her to die by the season finale.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Liv isn't a preexisting character, right?

Oh, and stop making Chas not a regular schlub. It misses the point.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Liv isn't a preexisting character, right?

Oh, and stop making Chas not a regular schlub. It misses the point.

The show should show how John and Chaz met, evil monkey and all.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

notthegoatseguy posted:

Any thoughts on that weird body Could on saw? My first thought was it could be Coulson's body, implying he is a clone or LMD.
You saw a giant jacked blue dude with his butt missing and the first thing you thought of was Coulson?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
FFS, just have Chas be a regular, down to earth fellow, it's all he needs to be. No mystery bollocks hanging over him, just the only constant in John's life.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
In surprising brand synergy with Agents of SHIELD, this week's Loki: Agent of Asgaurd involves Lorile so that next episode, at least a few nerds will be able to asnwer the question of "who the hell is that?"

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

You saw a giant jacked blue dude with his butt missing and the first thing you thought of was Coulson?

Not that I've re-watched Avengers recently, but I figured the blue thing sticking through the middle of the body was Loki's sphere that stabbed Coulson. Obviously I'm wrong.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
You know if that was a Kree, which a chunk of people seem to think it was, Skye could be being set up for Captain Marvel-dom let me just put out a hardy and sincere gently caress THAT!

Saddly it makes sense in that chickenshit focous group worshipping way to stick one of their most marketable heroines in to TV land purgatory instead of risking a movie.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

You know if that was a Kree, which a chunk of people seem to think it was, Skye could be being set up for Captain Marvel-dom let me just put out a hardy and sincere gently caress THAT!

Saddly it makes sense in that chickenshit focous group worshipping way to stick one of their most marketable heroines in to TV land purgatory instead of risking a movie.

Except Skye has nothing in common with Carol Danvers, so it won't be happening.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought about the implications of turning Skye into Carol Danvers as well, but I can't really see that happening under any circumstances. It isn't a superhero show, it wouldn't make sense. Of course they could take the show in a different direction based on the negative feedback, but I'll eat my hat if Skye ever starts wearing a costume and gains the ability of flight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would be a little better than Katee Sackhoff, but not by much.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They could always turn her into the other other Captain Marvel, Spectrum or whatever her name was

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

They could always turn her into the other other Captain Marvel, Spectrum or whatever her name was

Ah, yes, making her into the MCU version of the black Captain Marvel, I don't see any PR issues there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus that one has nothing to do with the Kree, or any other aliens.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

NO

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Someone posted this in the TV IV thread:

I guess one I in T.H.A.I.T.I. could stand for Inhuman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's About Half'a Inhuman Torso Inside

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No no, I mean the other other other one, Marh Vehl's daughter from GotG

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

General Bort posted:

I guess one I in T.H.A.I.T.I. could stand for Inhuman.

AoS has a lot of dumb poo poo in it but man, it's going to be hard for even Gotham to beat the dumb acronym stuff.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

Ah, yes, making her into the MCU version of the black Captain Marvel, I don't see any PR issues there.

Reboot the show into Nextwave. Problem solved.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Waterhaul posted:

AoS has a lot of dumb poo poo in it but man, it's going to be hard for even Gotham to beat the dumb acronym stuff.

It's a proud Marvel tradition.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If AOS want to be loyal to the Marvel tradition they need to fight at a circus. :colbert:
Also if they are using acronym they need to use M.O.D.O.K :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
With regards to Skye becoming Captain Marvel or Ms. Marvel, one thing you should all be worried about is that Skye is absolutely not her real name, and that we do not know her real parents. Which means they could totally pull off a "My real name is Carol?!" type thing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Opopanax posted:

Photon...and no they can't. She's needed for the NextWave series along with Fin Fang Foom :colbert:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

General Bort posted:

It's a proud Marvel tradition.

I wouldn't really call it a proud Marvel tradition when you have SHIELD for ages and obviously the likes of AIM and MODOK and then Whedon comes along with the dumbly named SWORD and then every organisation has to be an acronym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Opopanax posted:

No no, I mean the other other other one, Marh Vehl's daughter from GotG

She took over for Quasar, but that is a distinct character with his own story. And she was Quasar for nine seconds. Like she was Captain Marvel for nine seconds. And was Martyr for nine seconds. RIP you crazy woman, you died never finding your place in your world.