Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want an energy syphon.

Where can I get one? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I want an energy syphon.

Where can I get one? :ohdear:

You'll have to wait for an alert unless someone has an extra they can trade you.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
I'm not sure if its actual mechanics or honeymoon phaseing with a new game, but the AI is some of the best I've ever seen. They take cover, even adjust according to incoming fire. I've seen these SOBs flank my stationary position and when its down to one guy left..he runs away, only to harrass your rear later down the line. Its keeping the game more interesting than it should be for me.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
So Iron Skin seems to be rather terrible now. Is it just me, or did they nerf it?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Buried alive posted:

So Iron Skin seems to be rather terrible now. Is it just me, or did they nerf it?

Hopefully!

Let's face it, the skill was total bullshit.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I've noticed no immediate change in Iron Skin. I did a quick run of all the bosses for the new "Savior of $planet" achievements, and the only ones that made me recast it were Kril and the Hyena Pack.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Maaaaan I just finished levelling a Gorgon I don't really want to level it again so soon.

The new tileset rules but it seems to have the problem some tilesets do (hi Jupiter) of enemy spawns being weird/far-away/non-existent.

VVV I could see it being the rain somehow. I've had other games where rain seemed to need way more graphics muscle than other effects.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 6, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
New tileset made me and another dude lag the gently caress out during the new mission, hoping that's just an optimization bug and not Warframe getting too fancy for my machine.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Pierson posted:

Maaaaan I just finished levelling a Gorgon I don't really want to level it again so soon.
I potatoed my Gorgon like two days ago. :negative:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well for me it's more to do with I don't particularly like the Gorgon at all and mainly leveled the first one for mastery and to see if it got any more fun at thirty. I was really looking forward to having one but it wasn't the spinning death-machine minigun I was hoping for.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Here's a list of where you find the new Prime stuff. Go nuts!

Ankryos Prime BP - T1 Defense
Ankyros Prime Gauntlet - T2 Survival
Ankryos Prime Blade - T3 Defense
Akbronco Prime BP - T1 Exterminate
Akbronco Prime Link - T3 Capture
Boltor Prime BP - T3 Mobile Defense
Boltor Prime Stock - T1 Exterminate
Boltor Prime Barrel - T3 Exterminate
Boltor Prime Receiver - Orokin Derelict Defense
Rhino Prime Helmet - T2 Mobile Defense
Rhino Prime Systems - T2 Exterminate
Rhino Prime Chasis -T3 Survival
Rhino Prime BP -T3 Exterminate

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The akbronco sounds nice, guess I should get on that.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone have picks of the new prime stuff (especially Rhino and the boltor)?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Does anyone have picks of the new prime stuff (especially Rhino and the boltor)?

You can check out Rhino Prime's model in the codex, weird little wind-up key and everything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Boltor Prime looks amazing and I need one yesterday.

edit;

AkBronco Prime is obviously just two Bronco Primes.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 6, 2014

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Rhino prime looks like a football player.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I have formaed my bronco prime a bunch of times :(

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
Rhino prime also has what appears to be a gold-plated, spinning wind-up handle on his back.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm hoping the Loki Prime model is bananas when he comes out, maybe with a hole through the chest or some limbs not even attached to the model.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://warframe.com/prime-access

I'm pretty sure that this is the best cash:plat ratio they've ever offered and also you can buy just the exclusives for $50. Too expensive for me but still. They had a good idea(or it was suggested), and they implemented it. Good job DE.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Has anyone else noticed that during a mission, if you look at another player, there will often be a letter in the middle of their name that sits a little higher than the others? Is this just :de:?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So they cleaned up the void loot tables because it was an RNG mess then crapped two dozen new drops into it two weeks later? :downs:

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Insert name here posted:

I potatoed my Gorgon like two days ago. :negative:

When you potato a gun, do you need to rank it up again?

If so, do you retain the original 30 mod slots (equivalent to rank 30), or do you need to grind ranks for all 60 mod slots?

Denzine posted:

I'm pretty sure that this is the best cash:plat ratio they've ever offered and also you can buy just the exclusives for $50. Too expensive for me but still. They had a good idea(or it was suggested), and they implemented it. Good job DE.

I kept telling myself I will never spend more than 10 bucks on this game, but that 80 bux package sure is tempting.

Also, are the new Void blueprint drops added as an extra, or they replace the old drops there altogether?

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 6, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

I love cats posted:

When you potato a gun, do you need to rank it up again?

If so, do you retain the original 30 mod slots (equivalent to rank 30), or do you need to grind ranks for all 60 mod slots?

You can potato at any time. You might be thinking of using a Forma, which resets the item's rank to 0, and equivalently, 0 mod slots. With a potato, you double the mod slots for whatever level the thing is when you potato it.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Denzine posted:

haha, what the gently caress? It's giving me prices in Rubles.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

With a potato, you double the mod slots for whatever level the thing is when you potato it.
Since this wording could potentially be a bit confusing, I'll clarify further and add that there's no disadvantage to putting one on a weapon/frame that you haven't got to 30 yet. Even if you slap a potato on there at rank 15 (doubling the capacity for that rank from 15 to 30), it will still have 60 capacity once you get it up to 30. And of course if you use a forma later, the rank and thus capacity will drop back to zero until you rank it up again.

I love cats posted:

Also, are the new Void blueprint drops added as an extra, or they replace the old drops there altogether?
All the old drops are still there.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Vriess posted:

haha, what the gently caress? It's giving me prices in Rubles.

New Taiwan Dollars for me, which I didn't even know were a thing until now. :psyduck:

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

hooah posted:

You can potato at any time. You might be thinking of using a Forma, which resets the item's rank to 0, and equivalently, 0 mod slots. With a potato, you double the mod slots for whatever level the thing is when you potato it.

Good stuff! Thanks! I knew about the forma, but I was confused whether the reactor works the same way.

I am doing tier I void missions solo (because I can't find anyone to carry my scrubship) and I keep finding all this stuff, to promptly lose everything on mission failure.

I got lucky once and I got this forma blueprint for it. I then pissed it away on, and consequently ruined a rank 30 Mk-1 Braton. Then, at login, out of sheer idiot karma, I get this nice blue reactor, and I decided to ask before I do any more stupid poo poo.

Helter Skelter posted:

Since this wording could potentially be a bit confusing, I'll clarify further and add that there's no disadvantage to putting one on a weapon/frame that you haven't got to 30 yet. Even if you slap a potato on there at rank 15 (doubling the capacity for that rank from 15 to 30), it will still have 60 capacity once you get it up to 30. And of course if you use a forma later, the rank and thus capacity will drop back to zero until you rank it up again.

All the old drops are still there.

Much obliged! This both helps me a lot and ruins my life. Despite resisting this for the past two weeks, I am likely going to spend 10bux on reactors for the four pitiful warframes I managed to scrounge together (Excalibur, Rhino, Nyx, Ember).

I'll ignore guns at this point, since I am not sure which one is good. Even if I knew, I am afraid some patch will gently caress it up anyway. (I am almost mastery rank 4, which qualifies me as a pathetic scrub who should not allow himself to throw money and stuff he has no idea how it works).

Anyway 60 mod slots! Imagine the possibilities! I am about to faint. Oh, boy!

I love cats fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 6, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Huh, did they have the accessories as a separate buyable thing with the Ember Prime Time sets or is this the first time they've done it?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Anybody on PS4 got an extra Mag Prime systems blueprint and/or seeking force mod they want to pass on? I've got an extra (or extras) of metal auger, barrel diffusion, wildfire, a ton of hellfires, focus, fortitude, master thief, streamline, stretch, and vigor.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 6, 2014

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
DE might have stealth nerfed Rhino's Iron Skin. In survival, if life support goes to 0, iron skin is disabled and can't be recast.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Pierson posted:

Huh, did they have the accessories as a separate buyable thing with the Ember Prime Time sets or is this the first time they've done it?

The last time they were part of the 'big packs', but I think it's nice that you now have the chance go grab the exclusive accessories and still can grind the other stuff if that's what you enjoy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah exactly, and I think I might actually go for it. I already have more plat than I'll ever spend and I enjoy playing with other goons for the Prime stuff, but the accessories/boosters are a nice mix of useful and pretty.

Now they should bring back the Ember Syndana as a separate pack for those of us who didn't want to shell out for the last megapack. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rivensteel posted:

DE might have stealth nerfed Rhino's Iron Skin. In survival, if life support goes to 0, iron skin is disabled and can't be recast.

I don't know that I'd call that a stealth nerf rather than just fixing an unintended interaction between Iron Skin and Survival.

(Or I mean, it could be a bug.)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 6, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Uggghhhh god drat it I don't want to play interception missions but I want some more stupid mods to make stupid damage and status proc on weapons.

And another wraith weapon I guess.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I was in a 25 minute survival mission last night in the Venus survival mission. Got some nice mods, including rare 3 fusion cores, but am just kind of curious if this length of mission is normal as I get up to where people are competent.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
25 minutes isn't particularly long (or particularly short) for an endless defence/survival mission. I'd say that's about par for the course once you get people with decent frames and weapons.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

AzureRequiem posted:

Here's a list of where you find the new Prime stuff. Go nuts!

Ankryos Prime BP - T1 Defense
Ankyros Prime Gauntlet - T2 Survival
Ankryos Prime Blade - T3 Defense
Akbronco Prime BP - T1 Exterminate
Akbronco Prime Link - T3 Capture
Boltor Prime BP - T3 Mobile Defense
Boltor Prime Stock - T1 Exterminate
Boltor Prime Barrel - T3 Exterminate
Boltor Prime Receiver - Orokin Derelict Defense
Rhino Prime Helmet - T2 Mobile Defense
Rhino Prime Systems - T2 Exterminate
Rhino Prime Chasis -T3 Survival
Rhino Prime BP -T3 Exterminate

last night we got a boltor prime stock from t1 mobile defense as well.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Khisanth Magus posted:

I was in a 25 minute survival mission last night in the Venus survival mission. Got some nice mods, including rare 3 fusion cores, but am just kind of curious if this length of mission is normal as I get up to where people are competent.

Its usually going to end at increments of 20 minutes since that's where the top reward happens. Tower survivals are different though, there people just go to whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

PS4 goons :siren:Zepher research is counting down!:siren: Finished the last 361 oxium needed with pubbies. :suicide:

And now back to grinding out another 1200 for the parts and to build my own. :smith:

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 6, 2014