Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

He gave it to her earlier so as not to get on the wrong side of an adventurer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Katia's earflapping was the most adorable thing.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Counterpoint, motivational Aggy and the mysterious gold text.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sweet, we have a new command box. No more delving into the MSPA forums to post suggestions now!

Also, my favourite little touch was the bartender's WTF face when Aggy steals the table.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
The visual archive feature for the website is also quite nifty.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Great choice of music Kaz, that song is like, building confidence distilled into audio format. It's actually making me Feel Things and might even motivate me to do all this really important work I've let pile up to a angerous degree. :unsmith:

And yeah, the timeline archive is really great, since before reading this update I was trying to go back in my head to remember how many days have passed in-story, and due to not reading in so long it got fuzzy and I couldn't. Five days, wow. Here's to several more days of adventure ultimately culminating in getting thrown into the Imperial City jail!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Kaz.
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/06/492/#comment-345
Ban everyone who posted in those comments

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Don't ban them, just auto-redirect their IPs to the Prequel section of your choice of Rule 34 website.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
That is not really my style! I love all my readers equally. Though I went ahead and edited dates to move another comment thread above that one. Now only the people who really want to see it will have to wade through countless men and women's the admissions of cold, scaly lust.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The spiel about linear thinking kind of sort of maybe made sense, but this unicorn bird insult stuff is beyond me.

This is probably a good thing, because it means I am only half ghost insane.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
You just don't get how magic works. It's ok. If everyone understood magic, then everyone would be a mage.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

You know, sometimes unicorns forget about the rider :(

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
See, I never thought it was puns that made her set things on fire. It was her mental state of being annoyed at being subject to anti-khajit racism, to being put down and looked down on not because of anything she did but because of her fur. It wasn't puns, it was self disrespect within her internal mental dialog. I figured that when she did the uncontrolled telekenisis, it was less a "bird pun" and more just frantic thinking since people were trying pretty much everything in rapid succession.

Frantic thinking and convincing something to move kindof works together? Sortof? You've got fast talking to confuse and befuddle, and then you mention birds, and I guess the object wanted to be like a bird?

Makes more sense than what the insane ghost said anyway.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Volmarias posted:

I love how his fingers make it look like the unicorn has some sweet earrings. That and the scarf-y-looking things make it look like a boy I used to know (i.e. fabulous :swoon:)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
As some folks may have deduced, there is a new update:

http://www.prequeladventure.com/2014/03/3344/

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Volmarias posted:

And it's not a mistake he'll make twice.

So either that's how he died, or how his help got one of his descendants to die.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm not sure which scenario I like better. I just assumed it was how he died, but his ghostly incompetence getting all his descendants killed in various radical ways is pretty great.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I don't know what you're talking about, Aggy is clearly the most competent spiritual guide portrayed in any medium.

It's not his fault that everything is confusing and seems to make little sense, he's training a magical fledgeling about mysticism.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
This is exactly why I always typed `tgm and just went nuts still dressed in rags and shackles. That is, until I savescummed my way into getting enough Chameleon sigil stones to exceed 100% invisibility, then just punched stuff to death. I don't have the patience to use mysticism.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
Since I occasionally talk about my experiences or creative process in Prequel threads, can I just take a moment to reiterate that no webcomic authors should ever use Wordpress?

Like, I think this is the third time now that Hostgator has disabled the site for "abusing CPU resources". Vanilla Wordpress buckled at 5,000 hits/day and everything after that has been an uphill battle to keep the site viewable. I'm going to replace the comment system, which should help, but this is still something I should've looked into harder before I ever got involved with Wordpress.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I deal with wordpress a lot, and ten bucks says it's your permalink settings.

You can change this under Settings > Permalinks. Looks like you've got it set to day and name right now, so it makes post links look like "prequeladventure.com/year/month/day/title." These folders don't actually exist on the server, it's just wordpress interceding when it gets a browser query, scanning the database for matching posts, then comparing that to a list of rewriting rules that shows every url and what post it should go to. It ends up using way more CPU resources because it has to query the database dozens of times per click, and way more ram because after you get past 50 pages the rewrite list gets too long for mysql to handle.

If you set it to default permalinks, your URLs will look like "prequeladventure.com/?p=423" instead. Not as readable, but it will definitely improve site performance. Existing links from other sites will still work, when people follow an old link wordpress will just do them as 301 redirects instead.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it just me, or is prequeladventure.com locked behind a password now?

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

RandomFerret posted:

If you set it to default permalinks, your URLs will look like "prequeladventure.com/?p=423" instead. Not as readable, but it will definitely improve site performance. Existing links from other sites will still work, when people follow an old link wordpress will just do them as 301 redirects instead.

Are you sure? I just tried switching the permalink method, and all the links from the old system return Page Not Found errors. That might be due to one of the layers of caching and it would clear up if I wait a while, but I'm not sure. From what I'm reading, though, it works like that when switching the other way.

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it just me, or is prequeladventure.com locked behind a password now?

I'm working on that. Hostgator "limited access" so my traffic would stop slowing their everything down.

I'd post an update on my site explaining why my site isn't publicly accessible, but my site isn't publicly accessible. So I've sort of been going around the internet all day, finding "PREQUEL IS DEAD" threads, and posting "no, I'm just fixing the site".

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wordpress is definitely supposed to set all the old links to 301 redirects automatically when you change your permalink structure in any way. Could be HostGator isn't giving you full access to your .htcccess, could be a matter of giving it more time to cache, could be wordpress not working the way it's supposed to, not like it's the first time that's happened.

Give this plugin a try, see if it helps: http://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-permalinks/

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I'm really starting to love this ghost. Also, her reaction to those bird puns is great.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
In case that was too subtle, it updated.

That was pretty amusing, and yes, the ghost is great. I'm still skeptical of magic that the puppy soul can't deal with.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just admit you don't know how mysticism works, Kazerad.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I think if her telekinesis really was powered by confusion, then there would have been random objects flipping the gently caress out all around her during this entire conversation

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Katia's bird pun reaction face is beyond perfect :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I'd forgotten how charming this comic can be.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I dunno, I thought the toucan one was pretty good.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Update.

Pretty good. I like this route to ultimate power, and the ghost continues to be fantastic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I hafta admit, as far as weird, nonsensical, inspirational talks go, this ghost has one of the best. I also liked the breakdancing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Samovar posted:

I also liked the breakdancing.

That... wasn't breakdancing.

In case anyone missed it, the panel that shows her inventory gives you a summary of what's in it if you mouse over it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tenebrais posted:

That... wasn't breakdancing.

In case anyone missed it, the panel that shows her inventory gives you a summary of what's in it if you mouse over it.

I totally missed that. Thanks!

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I feel like crazy ghost elf is basically telling Katia to start abusing console commands.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
You know what? I'm going to submit that as a command. "Open console, prid peg_game, activate" is the closest thing I can think of that would do it...

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

That's an interesting idea. Also interesting that in this very update, Katia says the inventory is just a mental abstraction and it's ridiculous to think that it could actually hold items. But a mental abstraction actually storing things kind of sounds like the stuff ghost dude is talking about. Maybe embracing gameyness is the answer.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm not sure how I feel about Prequel becomming about CHIM.

And by that I'm not sure if I feel :magical: or :unsmigghh: or :getin:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm about ready for the Monty Python choruses of "GET ON WITH IT!".

• Locked thread