Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

Dear god why did we fail a logistics/trade check when the star fell? This game is seriously making me paranoid.
Astrophysics is pretty complicated stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ArchangeI posted:

Dear god why did we fail a logistics/trade check when the star fell? This game is seriously making me paranoid.

"Ooh, precious metals!"
Maybe?

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
It didn't mention that it was during the night. It could have been something other than a star. Lightning, perhaps? It also mentioned that it was "strange", as in it didn't happen often. Maybe Logistics/Trade to capitalize on the fear and get merchants to up prices or something? Or *keep* the merchants from doing so? *shrug*

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Let's train Swords and Sense Magic.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Outfit

Tabard: 12

Not Tabard: 1

Classes

Swords: 17

Archery: 12

Sense Magic: 6

Lumen: 3

Resist Magic: 2

Wield Magic: 2

Naval Strategy: 2

Weapons: 1

Reflexes: 1

Ciphering: 1

Polearms: 1

Winners

Tabard

Swords

Archery

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Adair, the Young Lord of Elath, has been assassinated.

What?

There goes our :argh:

He was shot with a crossbow while playing on the grounds of his grandfather's estate.

How did this happen? Where were the guards?

This is not the first time such events have happened within the realm of Ishtar.

(The Earl of Ishtar's first wife and oldest daughter also died under mysterious circumstances.)

(Then his other daughter married young and died giving birth to Adair. With Adair dead, the only family he has left is his second wife and their son Connor, who's fifteen.)

Important decisions ahead! Don't vote for next week's classes!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I see I was wrong about never finding out whether Adair's grandfather was his paternal or maternal grandfather! Someone's definitely to blame: let's blame the Earl of Ishtar.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Well, poo poo. Though, it makes me wonder if we would've been targeted for assassination if we'd have married the kid.

Anyway. The failed foreign intelligence check makes me suspect that there is a (correct) answer we don't have access to, so let's not blame the Earl just now. What does he stand to gain from eliminating his own lineage anyway? If anything, his second wife is suspicious as hell and could have a motive to put her own son on the throne.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Don't Blame

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Blame the old man. He should have hired more guards to protect his grandson.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Blame the Earl

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A young kid just died, and some heads gotta roll for that. If it must be a possibly innocent old man's head, so be it :colbert:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

RefinedUndefined posted:

Blame the old man. He should have hired more guards to protect his grandson.

Even after the rest of his family dies, he still doesn't get more guards? Blame him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't recall this plot string ever happening to me. This might have been added at some point afterwards.
Don't blame him. She failed that check, so she probably has no clue, whatsoever.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Don't blame him

Time to start training Foreign Intelligence I guess, a ruler needs to know whats going on in the world.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rabidredneck posted:

Don't blame him

Time to start training Foreign Intelligence I guess, a ruler needs to know whats going on in the world.

Yes, always train the thing that just failed so we can never succeed at anything. A brilliant plan.

I hope this teaches us a lesson though: anything at 50 or below sucks and will never help us succeed at anything. Ergo, we completely wasted our time on any skill that we don't max out. Rather than spreading our points around mindlessly like a headless chicken, we should choose a category and max it out before moving on to the next. We don't need lots of mediocre skills, we need a few good skills.

Oh, and Blame the Earl. What could possibly go wrong?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 6, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Blame the earl, people like when you point out their mistakes.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
gently caress YOU, EARL. We give him one simple task, and he fucks it up. As far as we are concerned, he is responsible.

Rabidredneck posted:

Don't blame him

Don't vote for classes, brah.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Blame no one.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Clarste posted:

I hope this teaches us a lesson though: anything at 50 or below sucks and will never help us succeed at anything. Ergo, we completely wasted our time on any skill that we don't max out.

I can think of at least four events after this one where 50 in a skill is sufficient, and I can only think of a few events where 90 or 100 in a skill is needed. I know for certain that I could play exactly as the thread has so far and survive to be crowned, and only one of the skills we've trained and abandoned so far would be totally useless to me in doing so.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I bet blaming the Earl could have some mileage if we had better intel on him. As it is, though....

Ah, gently caress it, what's the worst that could happen? Hang the bastard!

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Making baseless accusations will never win us any friends. Don't blame anyone for it.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Clearly we don't know what the hell's going on, so stay out of it and don't blame anyone.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Don't blame anyone

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
J'accuse.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Gramps did it

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

On the one hand, the earl is suspicious, on the other hand, we failed an intel check and probably don't know the full story, or are ignorant of who else is suspicious.

I'm gonna go with Blame him, and hope he isn't innocent and immediately executed.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
He totally loving did it.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Not guilty until proven so, No Blame.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Splitting our limited training time between two forms of personal defense was a terrible idea. I blame myself for being away for a few days.

French Accent posted:

Not guilty until proven so, No Blame.

Look at this democratic rabble. We sent the boy there, if we don't blame the old man, we'll get blamed instead. This is unacceptable. Blame gramps.

Starbridge64
Jun 5, 2013
You had one job Earl, ONE JOB!!! But I don't blame you.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

So that's the Earl's first wife, oldest daughter, and now Adair all dead under suspicious circumstances. Once is a freak occurrence, twice is a coincidence, but three times? If we let this fly it's as good as changing our outfit to a shirt that says "SUCKER." Hold the Earl accountable.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Blame the Earl. Something fishy's going on, and even if we don't know exactly what, we're not stupid. (Eloide is, but she just needs a few 'understanding royal treachery' classes to get it)

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Blame!
The earl of ishtar is to blame!
As deadly as the poison snake,
Here comes the gas again!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
You have failed me for the last time, Earl.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Blame!
With so many deaths around him, he's either suspicious or just terrible at his job. Either way, he is a bad earl, so we should appoint someone else.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Blame him! If it was a false flag operation, then we can't be faulted for falling for it. It was, like, totally convincing.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Don't blame, because it's probably the second wife or her son. What would the Earl of Ishtar gain from Adair's death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't blame the poor old man.
The way succession works in this kingdom, I'd say the son of the second wife has the most to gain from this.

• Locked thread