Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Someone posted this on Smogon. :gonk: Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Crosscontaminant posted:

If I had a trade thread over there with Heatran I would use this image too. It's too loving funny.

Edit: Heatran is one hawt Pokemon.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 5, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Crosscontaminant posted:

Paint me like one of your grass types, Jack.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Battle Maison will always find new and exciting ways to piss me off, it seems. Having a team that has no way to deal with water types or fighting types, A sub-punching Poliwrath wrecks my streak. Ok, I'll just give Greninja Grass Knot. So instead I get out sped and 2HKO'd by a scarfed Charizard flinching me with Air Slash.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Battle Maison will always find new and exciting ways to piss me off, it seems. Having a team that has no way to deal with water types or fighting types, A sub-punching Poliwrath wrecks my streak. Ok, I'll just give Greninja Grass Knot. So instead I get out sped and 2HKO'd by a scarfed Charizard flinching me with Air Slash.

When I ran a talonflame / dragonite / Mega Gyarados, a SCARF ELECTRODE swept me. Well dnite was almost dead before hand but still.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I kept getting wrecked by Quick-Claw Explosion users, what are you gonna do? :shrug:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Ignite Memories posted:

Milotic seems kind of cool, and I've got a wonder trade Feebas sitting around. How do you use yours? Just a scaldhax + recover staller?

Yeah, that's basically it. Mine is Bold with Scald/Ice Beam/Recover/Toxic. Hammerite has a set that uses Aqua Ring that's kind of a pain in the rear end to fight.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Crosscontaminant posted:

Look, if you have a problem with Big, Beautiful Pokemon then that's on you.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Pedestrian Xing posted:

I actually just discovered Zangoose last night and would love one of these if you have any left.
0533-6056-7707

Good thing I have boxes of these guys! I'm playing White 2 at the moment, I'll add you later.

If you wanna try out a different Baton Pass user, give Gorebyss a try. It gets Shell Smash, Amnesia and Aqua Ring, the latter two AMAZING tools to set up a Binding Band user. It also has some pretty good offensive stats to benefit from its own Shell Smash.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

Good thing I have boxes of these guys! I'm playing White 2 at the moment, I'll add you later.

If you wanna try out a different Baton Pass user, give Gorebyss a try. It gets Shell Smash, Amnesia and Aqua Ring, the latter two AMAZING tools to set up a Binding Band user. It also has some pretty good offensive stats to benefit from its own Shell Smash.

I'd be interested in a toxic boost Zangoose as well, I have a link to my PokeDoc(Google Docs Pokemon Spreadsheet) in the trade thread on the last page.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I have a really hard time narrowing down my team of 6. I know I'm not going to be bothered keeping more then the 6 leveled and swapping with the box regularly. So when I get a new Pokemon that I think looks cool, I sit there agonizing over who to get rid of way too much.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Is there any particular reason why GTS is a sea of people asking for legendaries with relatively common pokemon?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I won the lottery on my second try, with a pokemon I traded from Black 2. Assuming the probabilities are still the same as the old ones, I'm thinking I used up all my luck for finding a shiny pokemon ever again.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Krataar posted:

Is there any particular reason why GTS is a sea of people asking for legendaries with relatively common pokemon?

Because kids play this. Also, reasonable trades get snapped up relatively fast, leaving the really dumb poo poo behind. If you wanna use the gts, deposit your pokemon asking for whatever you need, rather than seeking it.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I've only just started getting into breeding. I have no idea about anything related to EV's, IV's, and natures. I've been making trade progress though trading in dragons for what I need though. Is there anything else that is particularly speedy or in demand?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Krataar posted:

I've only just started getting into breeding. I have no idea about anything related to EV's, IV's, and natures. I've been making trade progress though trading in dragons for what I need though. Is there anything else that is particularly speedy or in demand?

If you can get your hands on Gen II-V starters, or Legendaries, you can usually get just about anything.

Likewise anything you can't normally get in Gen VI is in pretty high demand, even really bad and common stuff like Raticate.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Flood the market with Finneon.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Since I started playing Pokemon Y a muscle under my left eye has started to twitch. Has anyone else had this problem?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Ogmius815 posted:

Since I started playing Pokemon Y a muscle under my left eye has started to twitch. Has anyone else had this problem?

Turn off the 3D?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but: it's terminal.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Zonekeeper posted:

Could I request that mine gets a nickname too? I nickname everything and a traded mon without one would be weird. You can give it whichever nickname you want, though Ziggy would be cool. (probably the most obvious and common one, but I'm a Bowie fan so :v:)

Aladdin Zane.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
So I'm breeding Houndours and thinking about building a team using MegaHoundoom because I think he's pretty awesome. So far I've got Houndoom, Ferrothorn, and Azumarril who cover each others weaknesses fairly well. I could use a ground resist so I'm thinking a flying type like Gliscor, but I don't want to use a stalling Gliscor because I'm thinking of going heavy offense. So maybe something like Earthquake, Acrobatics, Knock-off, U-turn? And I still don't know what else to put on the team, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Ogmius815 posted:

Sleep more. You are low on sleep.

Edit: or cancer.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
So I've been hatching togepi's all day to try to get a perfect IV female but I just hatched a shiney 5IV male! It even has the right minus in attack which was it's dump stat anyway! Looks like I have a sign to stop, move on for now and train this bad boy for my competitive team! :woop:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ Congrats man! I got a shiny Marill with all the egg moves, 5IVs and Huge Power while breeding males with good IVs as well. If it only wasn't timid...

Zonekeeper posted:

Could I request that mine gets a nickname too? I nickname everything and a traded mon without one would be weird. You can give it whichever nickname you want, though Ziggy would be cool. (probably the most obvious and common one, but I'm a Bowie fan so :v:)

I'm probably gonna go with Scardust.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Spiffster posted:

So I've been hatching togepi's all day to try to get a perfect IV female but I just hatched a shiney 5IV male! It even has the right minus in attack which was it's dump stat anyway! Looks like I have a sign to stop, move on for now and train this bad boy for my competitive team! :woop:

What's your "perfect" female Togepi? I've got a Modest 31/xx/31/31//31/31 one with Nasty Plot but without Serene Grace I will straight up give you if you don't mind spending the BP on an ability capsule.

Edit: Whoops, I stopped reading your post way too early. Congrats.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Crosscontaminant posted:

At least the artist didn't draw boobs on it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I have a male and female Mienfoo with matching 5 IVs (Special Attack as the dump stat.) They have the wrong ability - I wanted Inner Focus instead of Regenerator for Doubles. If I breed them with a Destiny Knot, what is the probability of getting a baby with the same 5 IVs?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
You could always grind BP to get the ability switcharoo if you don't want to leave it to chance.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

BattleMaster posted:

I have a male and female Mienfoo with matching 5 IVs (Special Attack as the dump stat.) They have the wrong ability - I wanted Inner Focus instead of Regenerator for Doubles. If I breed them with a Destiny Knot, what is the probability of getting a baby with the same 5 IVs?

1 in 6, since that's the chance that it'll pick Special Attack as the stat not to carry over from either parent. (Technically it's slightly more than 1 in 6, since there's also the slight chance that an IV you want won't carry over but will be generated as a 31 anyway by sheer dumb luck, but 1 in 6 is close enough for government work.)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cool, thanks.

Saith posted:

You could always grind BP to get the ability switcharoo if you don't want to leave it to chance.

I was thinking about that, but if it's only 1 in 6 and 1 in 2 for the ability then it may be less time consuming to breed them.

One of my leftover eggs also hatched into a 5 IV with Regenerator so I might use that one for singles or trade it. I was really hoping that it was going to have Inner Focus though.

Edit: It may not even be all that important to have Inner Focus, though, since a Mienshao is going to out-Fake Out a Mega Kangaskhan any day.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 6, 2014

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

^ Congrats man! I got a shiny Marill with all the egg moves, 5IVs and Huge Power while breeding males with good IVs as well. If it only wasn't timid...

I'm probably gonna go with Scardust.

Perfect! That little bastard is going to kick all the asses.

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012
What's the ideal set for a Mega Charizard X? Would something like Flare Blitz/Outrage/Dragon Dance work with either a coverage move or Fire Fang in the last spot?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

BattleMaster posted:

Cool, thanks.

I was thinking about that, but if it's only 1 in 6 and 1 in 2 for the ability then it may be less time consuming to breed them.

One of my leftover eggs also hatched into a 5 IV with Regenerator so I might use that one for singles or trade it. I was really hoping that it was going to have Inner Focus though.

Edit: It may not even be all that important to have Inner Focus, though, since a Mienshao is going to out-Fake Out a Mega Kangaskhan any day.

I have a pair of 5IV Inner Focus Jolly females with Low Kick, Knock Off, Smelling Salts, and Feint as egg moves I considered rejects because I was going for Regenerator if you want one.

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 6, 2014

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, I just snagged four Mewtwos off the GTS for a Volcarona, a Honchkrow, a Whimsicott, and a Gastrodon. :stare:

Fake edit: And now I get someone's Uxie for my Elekid. Yeah I don't think it'll be much of a problem to get that Shiny Charm at this rate.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

John Carstairs posted:

I have a pair of 5IV Inner Focus Jolly females with Low Kick, Knock Off, Smelling Salts, and Feint as egg moves I considered rejects because I was going for Regenerator if you want one.

Thanks for the offer but I decided to go ahead with using the one I have. I figured that Inner Focus won't be very useful since there's no way most things that use Fake Out will outspeed it.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's
Going back to SoulSilver in order to relocate everything to White and then transport to Y. Jesus, I really gave up on that before. I *just* got the 8th badge, only 48 pokemon caught with the largest being a lvl 40 Ampharos. Most of the higher level ones are all mono-type movelists. Now I need to do E4 and Kanto, plus I want to nab The 3 legendary birds, and the hounds plus Mewtwo.

Good lord, this is going to hurt. :suicide:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

God drat I'm on a roll today. Earlier I managed to hatch a male 6 IV Eevee while trying to breed one with a particular 5 IV spread from two parents with different 5 IVs.

Just now while trying to breed a 5 IV (dump Special Attack) Mawile I bred a 6 IV one, Adamant, with Intimidate. It's female though which would have been fine except that it means that I can't use it as a 6 IV in the Fairy group. So I'm going to toss it in with my Eevee and try for some 5 IVs. (Watch me get another 6 IV female :ohdear: )

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just got my copy of Y, on which I'm gonna do a Wonderlocke run on. Of course the starter I pick is female on my first try.
Anyway, I did set this game's language to german, so I can use it for Masuda shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Didn't get my Global Link synch code up and running till last night so this is overdue: (think this was back in January?)

Needless to say, my team has changed a bit since then. Ho-Oh's replaced Charizard, and I'm currently leveling up Lilligant, Vanillite, and Frillish to be my other three. (Emolga and Greninja are constants though Frillish may replace Greninja at some point) Sylveon is an absolute beast too.

• Locked thread