Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's no saclopedia entry on Marble Hornets so is that all it was, Slenderman? I thought it was some weird arg or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm still upset Mr. Cardigan hasn't had games and ghost stories written about him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It is a Youtube series of videos that are spooky.

Some website called Unfiction is to blame, from what I understand, not goons. For once. Even things that aren't ARGs become ARGs if you have enough chemical imbalance.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:razz: vs :iamafag: : The showdown begins Summer 2015.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

precision posted:

There is a Hollywood blockbuster Slender Man movie coming out and Victor Surge apparently isn't getting any of the money for it, but the other goons are. Apparently he is OK with that, but I don't know why.

Maybe he's embarrassed.

hahaha what a chump

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd post this in the Community thread, but gently caress going in that piece of poo poo:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aside from a few people who've been shitposting for years, the Community thread actually hasn't been terrible this year. People seem to have learned to chill the gently caress out. I still don't recommend you actually read it, but it's comparatively much less bad.

Also that's fantastic if it's real.

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 6, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

Aside from a few people who've been shitposting for years, the Community thread actually hasn't been terrible this year. People seem to have learned to chill the gently caress out.

Also that's fantastic if it's real.

I checked it out after the outstanding episode last week and people were bitching and saying it sucked and wasn't funny and I was like, peace out forever Community thread!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Well it didn't take long for donglover to come crawling back to Community. At least Harmon had the good sense to stay away a full year.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Haven't they already finished filming?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NBC hasn't confirmed anything, he might just be loving with the internet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Irish Joe posted:

Well it didn't take long for donglover to come crawling back to Community. At least Harmon had the good sense to stay away a full year.

Hey, let's not forget your stake in all this!

Irish Joe posted:

Glover is gone and never coming back. Sorry.

thexerox123 posted:

Why don't you make that a Toxx, and we'll all see if it ends up being true.

:getin:

zoux posted:

I checked it out after the outstanding episode last week and people were bitching and saying it sucked and wasn't funny and I was like, peace out forever Community thread!

Oh, yeah, that. I didn't love that episode and I still thought that was weird.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starting a kickstarter to buy back Irish Joe's account after he gets banned.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Irish Joe posted:

At least he had the good sense of quickly realizing how little actual star power he had in terms of juice to get guaranteed good to great parts, and return to steady employment instead of sticking with it. Don't get me wrong, I think he's hilarious in general and Troy back is great news for Community, but it made no sense career-wise for him to jump ship so late in the game

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let's all remember David Caruso's massively successful movie career after leaving NYPD Blue.

Who else miserably loving bombed after leaving a show that made them to "go on to bigger and better things"? Shelley Long is one for sure.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Let's all remember David Caruso's massively successful movie career after leaving NYPD Blue.

Who else miserably loving bombed after leaving a show that made them to "go on to bigger and better things"? Shelley Long is one for sure.

Then Shelly Long biggest success was a movie based on a tv show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

I'd post this in the Community thread, but gently caress going in that piece of poo poo:

It would've looked awkward being right underneath where I posted it anyway ;)

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Sarah Michelle Gellar. She's decided to stop being Buffy and concentrate on a more serious career... then she ended up on the Ring, disappeared completely until she re-appeared playing herself and her murdered twin on a CW show.

At least she's managed to hitch herself to Robin Williams but yeah, she immediately tanked the second she left Buffy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Twee as gently caress posted:

Sarah Michelle Gellar. She's decided to stop being Buffy and concentrate on a more serious career... then she ended up on the Ring, disappeared completely until she re-appeared playing herself and her murdered twin on a CW show.

At least she's managed to hitch herself to Robin Williams but yeah, she immediately tanked the second she left Buffy.

Yeah but she didn't leave Buffy, she was there to the end. Unless they were going to do a season 8 and didn't because she left.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
It was years after leaving Spin City before Michael J Fox got steady work again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

It was years after leaving Spin City before Michael J Fox got steady work again.

Wow.

Also with Buffy, it was that she did not want to keep on doing it. Since she was the star the show ended.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Yeah but she didn't leave Buffy, she was there to the end. Unless they were going to do a season 8 and didn't because she left.

Yeah the reason they ended with season 7 is because she decided to quit. Angel was cancelled, but they ended Buffy on their own term. Which is a shame, considering the difference of quality between Angel and Buffy those final seasons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Buffy should've ended after season 5.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

:golfclap:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Buffy should've ended after season 5.

Yeah, it would have made it a better series but we probably wouldn't have ended up with Spike the way he was on Angel otherwise though.

Also, quote for earlier:

SMG to EW posted:

You always worry about being the show that's been on too long -- especially when you're a cult hit. Last year, a lot of people were ready to tear us down. [So when] we started to have such a strong year this year, I thought, ''This is how I want to go out -- on top, at our best.'' I was 18 when I started the show; I'm 26. I'm married. I never see my husband. This has been the longest span of my life in one place. There've been times where that's been difficult -- you want to pick up and go, try other things, live in different places. It feels right, and you have to listen to that. The show, as we know it, is over.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Robert Sheehan left Misfits after two seasons to focus on his Hollywood career and all he got was a supporting role in that awful City of Bones movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Robert Sheehan left Misfits after two seasons to focus on his Hollywood career and all he got was a supporting role in that awful City of Bones movie.

Yeah but it was for the best sinc ewe got Joseph Gilgun. the only actor that left that show that sort of blew up was Iwan Rheon, and that was by joining Game of Thrones.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Michael Shanks quit a steady role on Stargate SG1 then came crawling back a year later to do some part time stuff then was back full time the next season. I guess "being that guy who isn't James Spader on the niche cable sci-fi show" wasn't quite the draw he thought it would be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah but it was for the best sinc ewe got Joseph Gilgun. the only actor that left that show that sort of blew up was Iwan Rheon, and that was by joining Game of Thrones.

Lauren Socha blew up.

At a taxi driver: ""She called me a Paki, a dirty bastard and said, 'You're Asian, gently caress off back to where you came from'. She said, 'Do you know who I am? I'll have your family lifted'." On 2 May 2012 Socha was sentenced to four months in prison, suspended for 12 months, for the racially aggravated assault."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

zoux posted:

Is it really because "the internet" and not because "my rap career aspirations aren't quite working out"?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Mr. Eko from Lost had a huge buzz then he decided to quit the show and disappeared completely.

raditts posted:

Is it really because "the internet" and not because "my rap career aspirations aren't quite working out"?

Can't exactly come out and say 'My records aren't selling and I need to pay the bills' either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's in that new Pompeii movie with Kit Harrington, actually

zoux posted:

Lauren Socha blew up.

At a taxi driver: ""She called me a Paki, a dirty bastard and said, 'You're Asian, gently caress off back to where you came from'. She said, 'Do you know who I am? I'll have your family lifted'." On 2 May 2012 Socha was sentenced to four months in prison, suspended for 12 months, for the racially aggravated assault."

Lauren, you don't have to keep being Kelly once the cameras stop rolling :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

Lauren, you don't have to keep being Kelly once the cameras stop rolling :negative:

If you look for interviews of her, turns out she's not really acting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

If you look for interviews of her, turns out she's not really acting.

Her brother seems to be better, and he was pretty good in Almost Human. She was also written out of the show by volunteering in Africa.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

Because The Internet is the name of his album. Also, a reminder that right around the time he quit Community, DG posted a series of pictures of post-it notes that revealed he has some issues with depression, so maybe he just worked through those enough that he's OK with going back. I mean, he's still got a tour that's sold out a bunch of shows, so his rap career isn't exactly a failure.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
Tasha from ST:TNG
Eriq La Salle from ER
Sherry Stringfield from ER

I get why someone would quit a show after 8 seasons, but in the first or second season? At least most people later admit it was a mistake.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

VorpalBunny posted:

Eriq La Salle from ER

I get why someone would quit a show after 8 seasons, but in the first or second season? At least most people later admit it was a mistake.

Denise Crosby did great work...somewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Db2K6mp7vo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VorpalBunny posted:

Eriq La Salle from ER

Eriq La Salle stayed for 8 years and I think he also worked as a director. So it was not thinking he was too big for the show. Also that show had two people leave who exploded.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

VorpalBunny posted:

Eriq La Salle from ER

To be fair, first season TNG was horrible, especially with how badly Tasha was handled, so I can't blame Crosby for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

bobkatt013 posted:

Eriq La Salle stayed for 8 years and I think he also worked as a director. So it was not thinking he was too big for the show. Also that show had two people leave who exploded.

Wow, 8 seasons? Ok, I get it. Maybe I should have listed Benjamin Bratt from Law & Order instead.

• Locked thread